ORANGE COUNTY FOOTBALL FANS REJOICE!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1253923" timestamp="1346257733"]
The whole point of my comment is not who is the best football team in Orange County. The point is that the Mexican radio broadcast from Orange doesn't include Vidor as part of Orange County. Vidor is the largest school in the OC yet here we go being dissed again by the local media. I equate them with the Beaumont Rag as far as their ability to report anything sports related. Considering our fans loyalty, I believe they would get more listeners from Vidor than the other schools COMBINED. I'll stick to the Vidorian and PA News.....
[/quote]

Well, there are a couple of definite reasons that KOGT does not broadcast Vidor games and another possible reason.  First, no entity, not KOGT, not SETXsports, not Legacy Sports Network, not any other broadcast entity will be allowed to broadcst Vidor ballgames because it is my understanding that Vidor ISD is in the second year of an exclusive contract with some UHF station that operates out of Vidor that broadcasts the game tape delay or sells CD's of the game.  Second, as has been previously noted, KOGT's signal does not reach Vidor at night.  Heck it barely makes it to McLewis at night.  Why in the world would Gary conduct a broadcast for a high school that if someone turned the radio on at the high school they couldn't get the game!?  That makes no sense.

And finally,  I can tell you frrom first hand experience that sponsorship from Vidor for Vidor broadcasts has been a problem.  In fact, the last year that SETXsports broadcasted Vidor in the regular season, we were able to get one person to sponsor Vidor broadcasts (and that was with a very high placed member of the Vidor ISD school board assisting us).  Further, when we were able to gain the rights to the Vidor playoff broadcasts (after first being told "no" by the Vidor ISD superintendent), we attempted on this board and in other internet places to gain sponsorship on Vidor broadcasts.  Despite the fact that I KNOW that there are Vidor business owners or Vidor residents who own businesses in Beaumont, THERE WAS NOT ONE ENTITY OR PERSON WHO STEPPED UP TO SPONSOR THE BROADCASTS.  Now, as you know, we did them anyway, and for one of those games had to fight pretty doggone with the venue to be able to do it.  But we enjoyed doing the playoff games and we were willing to eat the costs involved.  However, KOGT is not Gary Stelly's hobby like it is for many here....it is how he feeds his family and how he pays his bills, which include paying at least 12 folks who work at KOGT to support their families.  When he undertakes something like this, sponsorship is a must and if he has encountered the same reception we have in that regard, I know why he doesn't do Vidor broadcasts.

It is not like he disses Vidor.  He had article after article about last year's Pirates, from the untimely passing of Matt Thomas to the run through the playoffs.  In fact, one of the biggest articles he has published on KOGT.com during this preseason was about Coach Mathews.

Someone owes this man an apology.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1254005" timestamp="1346265452"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=102178.msg1253923#msg1253923 date=1346257733]
The whole point of my comment is not who is the best football team in Orange County.

[color=red][i][b]This part here is ridiculous!!![/b][/i][/color]

[color=blue][b]The point is that the Mexican radio broadcast from Orange doesn't include Vidor as part of Orange County. Vidor is the largest school in the OC yet here we go being dissed again by the local media. I equate them with the Beaumont Rag as far as their ability to report anything sports related.[/b][/color]

Considering our fans loyalty, I believe they would get more listeners from Vidor than the other schools COMBINED. I'll stick to the Vidorian and PA News.....
[/quote]

Well, there are a couple of definite reasons that KOGT does not broadcast Vidor games and another possible reason.  First, no entity, not KOGT, not SETXsports, not Legacy Sports Network, not any other broadcast entity will be allowed to broadcst Vidor ballgames because it is my understanding that Vidor ISD is in the second year of an exclusive contract with some UHF station that operates out of Vidor that broadcasts the game tape delay or sells CD's of the game.  Second, as has been previously noted, KOGT's signal does not reach Vidor at night.  Heck it barely makes it to McLewis at night.  Why in the world would Gary conduct a broadcast for a high school that if someone turned the radio on at the high school they couldn't get the game!?  That makes no sense.

And finally,  I can tell you frrom first hand experience that sponsorship from Vidor for Vidor broadcasts has been a problem.  In fact, the last year that SETXsports broadcasted Vidor in the regular season, we were able to get one person to sponsor Vidor broadcasts (and that was with a very high placed member of the Vidor ISD school board assisting us).  Further, when we were able to gain the rights to the Vidor playoff broadcasts (after first being told "no" by the Vidor ISD superintendent), we attempted on this board and in other internet places to gain sponsorship on Vidor broadcasts.  Despite the fact that I KNOW that there are Vidor business owners or Vidor residents who own businesses [color=red][b]in Vidor, THERE WAS NOT ONE ENTITY OR PERSON WHO STEPPED UP TO SPONSOR THE BROADCASTS[/b][/color].  Now, as you know, we did them anyway, and for one of those games had to fight pretty doggone with the venue to be able to do it.  But we enjoyed doing the playoff games and we were willing to eat the costs involved.  However, KOGT is not Gary Stelly's hobby like it is for many here....it is how he feeds his family and how he pays his bills, which include paying at least 12 folks who work at KOGT to support their families.  When he undertakes something like this, sponsorship is a must and if he has encountered the same reception we have in that regard, I know why he doesn't do Vidor broadcasts.

It is not like he disses Vidor.  He had article after article about last year's Pirates, from the untimely passing of Matt Thomas to the run through the playoffs.  In fact, one of the biggest articles he has published on KOGT.com during this preseason was about Coach Mathews.

[color=green][b]Someone owes this man an apology.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

BAM!!!! That just happened!! Well said WOSgrad!!

[quote author=robanadana link=topic=102178.msg1253923#msg1253923 date=1346257733]
The whole point of my comment is not who is the best football team in Orange County. The point is that the Mexican radio broadcast from Orange doesn't include Vidor as part of Orange County. Vidor is the largest school in the OC yet here we go being dissed again by the local media. I equate them with the Beaumont Rag as far as their ability to report anything sports related. Considering our fans loyalty, I believe they would get more listeners from Vidor than the other schools COMBINED. I'll stick to the Vidorian and PA News.....
[/quote]

And finally,  I can tell you frrom first hand experience that sponsorship from Vidor for Vidor broadcasts has been a problem.  In fact, the last year that SETXsports broadcasted Vidor in the regular season, we were able to get one person to sponsor Vidor broadcasts (and that was with a very high placed member of the Vidor ISD school board assisting us).  Further, when we were able to gain the rights to the Vidor playoff broadcasts (after first being told "no" by the Vidor ISD superintendent), we attempted on this board and in other internet places to gain sponsorship on Vidor broadcasts.  Despite the fact that I KNOW that there are Vidor business owners or Vidor residents who own businesses in Vidor, THERE WAS NOT ONE ENTITY OR PERSON WHO STEPPED UP TO SPONSOR THE BROADCASTS.  Now, as you know, we did them anyway, and for one of those games had to fight pretty doggone with the venue to be able to do it.  But we enjoyed doing the playoff games and we were willing to eat the costs involved.  However, KOGT is not Gary Stelly's hobby like it is for many here....it is how he feeds his family and how he pays his bills, which include paying at least 12 folks who work at KOGT to support their families.  When he undertakes something like this, sponsorship is a must and if he has encountered the same reception we have in that regard, I know why he doesn't do Vidor broadcasts.

[/quote]
Thanks for this WOSgrad!  Gary Stelly does more for Orange County than 99% of the residence who live in the county.

I don't say much but I will say this, since 1977 WOS and Vidor have played 22 time and WOS has won 15 of those times. The majority being blowouts like:

1998 WOS 68 Vidor 0
1997 WOS 63 Vidor 0
1993 WOS 35 Vidor 0
1992 WOS 35 Vidor 0
1990 WOS 48 Vidor 7
1987 WOS 33 Vidor 0
1986 WOS 49 Vidor 7
1985 WOS 24 Vidor 0
1984 WOS 28 Vidor 7

6 where Vidor did not score
3 where Vidor scored 7
1 where Vidor Scored 6
The other 5 were:
21-17
28-11
18-10
14-13
26-20

The largest margin of victory for Vidor over WOS was 1983 28-7

1999 Vidor 22 WOS 17
1996 Vidor 20 WOS 19
1991 Vidor 28 WOS 24
1983 Vidor 28 WOS 7
1981 Vidor 16 WOS 14
1978 Vidor 9  WOS 0
1977 Vidor 21 WOS 9

I guess you meant Vidor was the best team in OC this season :D

Great to hear about the agreement between SETXsports and KOGT, my two favs.

Several years ago I was at our deer lease in Mason tx,just west of Lano.Can't even get a signal on my cell phone there.The Stangs were playing a first round game...Can't remember who with,maybe Royal.Anyway I went to my truck to see if I could catch any playoff games in the area.When I got to 1600 am KOGT was as clear as if I were in Orange and it didn't fade in and out at all.Don't know what caused that to happen but I was stuned to say the lease.

For away games that KOGT does such as playoffs you can stop by station and for 8 or 10 bucks you can get a transmitter to hear games on if your in the stadium. I like to listen to Gary rather than the stadium announcer during playoffs.

[quote name="77" post="1254574" timestamp="1346334285"]
For away games that KOGT does such as playoffs you can stop by station and for 8 or 10 bucks you can get a transmitter to hear games on if your in the stadium. I like to listen to Gary rather than the stadium announcer during playoffs.
[/quote]
I have one of those and always use it when I'm at a game KOGT is broadcasting.  Also if you have a smart phone, download the tune-in app and you can pickup KOGT and alot of stations in the area.

[quote name="77" post="1254574" timestamp="1346334285"]
For away games that KOGT does such as playoffs you can stop by station and for 8 or 10 bucks you can get a transmitter to hear games on if your in the stadium. I like to listen to Gary rather than the [color=red]stadium announcer during playoffs[/color].
[/quote]

Ah yes.The old " THERE IS FABRIC ON THE FIELD " saying.

[/quote]

And finally,  I can tell you frrom first hand experience that sponsorship from Vidor for Vidor broadcasts has been a problem.  In fact, the last year that SETXsports broadcasted Vidor in the regular season, we were able to get one person to sponsor Vidor broadcasts (and that was with a very high placed member of the Vidor ISD school board assisting us).  Further, when we were able to gain the rights to the Vidor playoff broadcasts (after first being told "no" by the Vidor ISD superintendent), we attempted on this board and in other internet places to gain sponsorship on Vidor broadcasts.  Despite the fact that I KNOW that there are Vidor business owners or Vidor residents who own businesses in Beaumont, THERE WAS NOT ONE ENTITY OR PERSON WHO STEPPED UP TO SPONSOR THE BROADCASTS.  Now, as you know, we did them anyway, and for one of those games had to fight pretty doggone with the venue to be able to do it.  But we enjoyed doing the playoff games and we were willing to eat the costs involved.  However, KOGT is not Gary Stelly's hobby like it is for many here....it is how he feeds his family and how he pays his bills, which include paying at least 12 folks who work at KOGT to support their families.  When he undertakes something like this, sponsorship is a must and if he has encountered the same reception we have in that regard, I know why he doesn't do Vidor broadcasts.

[/quote]

I'm glad you brought all of this out WOSgrad. Perhaps somewhere in [b]YOUR ORIGINAL [/b] statement you could have mentioned those issues you listed in this dissertation. Your apparent zest in not listing Vidor as part of Orange County was what brought about the indignation, something you have relished in the past. My apologies to the KOGT staff (however, just because you wrote doesn't mean it's true) and Gary Stelly.

[quote author=Wonderboy link=topic=102178.msg1254390#msg1254390 date=1346296594]
I don't say much but I will say this, since 1977 WOS and Vidor have played 22 time and WOS has won 15 of those times. The majority being blowouts like:

1998 WOS 68 Vidor 0
1997 WOS 63 Vidor 0
1993 WOS 35 Vidor 0
1992 WOS 35 Vidor 0
1990 WOS 48 Vidor 7
1987 WOS 33 Vidor 0
1986 WOS 49 Vidor 7
1985 WOS 24 Vidor 0
1984 WOS 28 Vidor 7

6 where Vidor did not score
3 where Vidor scored 7
1 where Vidor Scored 6
The other 5 were:
21-17
28-11
18-10
14-13
26-20

The largest margin of victory for Vidor over WOS was 1983 28-7

1999 Vidor 22 WOS 17
1996 Vidor 20 WOS 19
1991 Vidor 28 WOS 24
1983 Vidor 28 WOS 7
1981 Vidor 16 WOS 14
1978 Vidor 9  WOS 0
1977 Vidor 21 WOS 9

I guess you meant Vidor was the best team in OC this season :D

Great to hear about the agreement between SETXsports and KOGT, my two favs.
[/quote

I could care less about what happened during the Clinton administration and you can post all the stats from the Reagan era you want. I'm talking about right here and right now and right now we would clobber your football team in a regular season game and you know it. Period.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1254901" timestamp="1346359157"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=102178.msg1254005#msg1254005 date=1346265452]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm glad you brought all of this out WOSgrad. Perhaps somewhere in [b]YOUR ORIGINAL [/b] statement you could have mentioned those issues you listed in this dissertation. [color=orange][b]Your apparent zest[/b][/color] in not listing Vidor as part of Orange County was what brought about the indignation, something you have relished in the past. My apologies to the KOGT staff (however, just because you wrote doesn't mean it's true) and Gary Stelly.
[/quote]

Those 3 words, "your apparent zest", should be aimed at yourself (robanadana) and not at WOSgrad. YOU jumped on the wagon and pointed the fingers at KOGT before you had all the facts, now that the light has been shed on the subject and you see exactly how it all went down you can certainly see where the apology is in order.

Rake1

[quote]
I could care less about what happened during the Clinton administration and you can post all the stats from the Reagan era you want. I'm talking about right here and right now and right now we would clobber your football team in a regular season game and you know it. Period.
[/quote]

We will each have our own opinion so there is no need to argue about it. You said that Vidor was the best team in OC and I was pointing out that the best team in OC has a losing record to WOS.

I don't know about you but personally I do expect, most of the time, a 4A school the size of Vidor or Nederland to beat a much smaller school like the barely 3A WOS.  WOS has maybe 40 kids and most of them playing both sides of the line and are still holding their own with the likes of Vidor and Nederland who have 60+ kids on the side lines. 

Clobber, I doubt it.  Hypothetically, "if" they were to play and "if" Vidor were to win.... it would be a narrow margin and wouldn't be much of a victory for Vidor to beat a little 3A school. 

[/quote]

well you say this but if i remember right last year at the playoffs they were there at the games. the we were part of orange county. now we are not in orange county. make up your mind

[quote name="vsports" post="1255960" timestamp="1346430404"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=102178.msg1254005#msg1254005 date=1346265452]
[/quote]

well you say this but if i remember right last year at the playoffs they were there at the games. the we were part of orange county. now we are not in orange county. make up your mind
[/quote]
[/quote]

KOGT did not broadcast any of the Vidor playoff games, SETXsports did.

As to whether Vidor is in Orange County, I believe that to be a geographical fact that neither we nor KOGT can reverse.

Nor is it any real surprise that KOGT's signal does not go very far....that has been the case since I have been a small child and that because of that, KOGT has decided against broadcasting Vidor games.  But if it makes the those who reside in the municipality of Vidor feel better to cast themselves as the victims of some blackout conspiracy against the Vidor football team and have me, Gary, and the Enterprise staff be the co-conspirators, go right on ahead.  I don't think any of us co-conspirators will lose any sleep over those allegations.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1256037" timestamp="1346433460"]
KOGT did not broadcast any of the Vidor playoff games, SETXsports did.

As to whether Vidor is in Orange County, I believe that to be a geographical fact that neither we nor KOGT can reverse.

Nor is it any real surprise that KOGT's signal does not go very far....that has been the case since I have been a small child and that because of that, KOGT has decided against broadcasting Vidor games.  But if it makes the those who reside in the municipality of Vidor feel better to cast themselves as the victims of some blackout conspiracy against the Vidor football team and have me, Gary, and the Enterprise staff be the co-conspirators, go right on ahead.  I don't think any of us co-conspirators will lose any sleep over those allegations.
[/quote]

Well said, Grad. Spoken like a true courtroom diplomat.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder