ORANGE COUNTY FOOTBALL FANS REJOICE!

The great news keeps coming as SETXsports is pleased to announce yet another partnership, this time with AM 1600 KOGT!  So Mustangs fans, Bear fans, Cardinals and Bobcat fans, your teams can now be heard here.

Join longtime voice of Orange County football Gary Stelly as he brings you the best of Orange County football, and it can all be heard here on SETXsports.com!

KOGT has been there in high school sports just about since inception, reaching back into the 50's and 60's with Stark and Wallace High. They were there in 1965 with Bridge City, they were there in 1986 and 1987 with West Orange-Stark.

And of course, since Gary, an Orangefield graduate, purchased the station in 1992, high school sports has been a staple of KOGT.

Welcome to Gary and the folks at KOGT!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1253625" timestamp="1346203657"]
Tough being the best team in Orange County but not really being in Orange County. Perhaps we should our own republic.
[/quote]lol for a long time when i was little i thought Vidor was in Jefferson County.

Tough being the best team in Orange County but not really being in Orange County. Perhaps we should start our own republic.
[/quote]

Based on the "score" of that little scrimmage?  OK...whatever you say.  8)

Grad, nice work on adding KOGT.

[quote name="griff" post="1253676" timestamp="1346209339"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=102178.msg1253625#msg1253625 date=1346203657]
Tough being the best team in Orange County but not really being in Orange County. Perhaps we should start our own republic.
[/quote]

[/quote]
The orange leader and KOGT a JOKE!!! WOS and vidor are the only teams in orange county that have even been relavent in the past 10 years but vidor still gets no revognition. Based off the "score" of the scrimmages from the past 3 years I would say vidor is better than WOS

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1253692" timestamp="1346212777"]
[quote author=griff link=topic=102178.msg1253676#msg1253676 date=1346209339]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=102178.msg1253625#msg1253625 date=1346203657]
[/quote]

[/quote]
The orange leader and KOGT a JOKE!!! WOS and vidor are the only teams in orange county that have even been relavent in the past 10 years but vidor still gets no revognition. Based off the "score" of the scrimmages from the past 3 years I would say vidor is better than WOS
[/quote]

How many playoff appearances does Vidor have over the past 10 years?

[quote name="griff" post="1253676" timestamp="1346209339"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would be more than happy to make a wager if we played for real this year. You got clobbered in the scrimmage and you would get clobbered in the game. You had "0" running game except for your quarterback who was running for his life...

[/quote]

Why not, accoding to some you got an Indian Reservation around the corner.  ;)

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1253692" timestamp="1346212777"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]The orange leader and KOGT a JOKE!!! [/b] WOS and vidor are the only teams in orange county that have even been relavent in the past 10 years but vidor still gets no revognition. Based off the "score" of the scrimmages from the past 3 years I would say vidor is better than WOS
[/quote]
KOGT and the Orange Leader are of great value and service to the area communities and supporters. That is their main goal rather than reaching greater numbers. Something some outsiders may not understand. Thanks again to SETXSports for seeing the value.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1253738" timestamp="1346240442"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would be more than happy to make a wager if we played for real this year. You got clobbered in the scrimmage and you would get clobbered in the game. You had "0" running game except for your quarterback who was running for his life...
[/quote]

I would enjoy watching the two teams play in a real game.  It would definitely be competitive.  My point was aimed at the comment about Vidor being the best team in Orange County...that if you're basing it on a scrimmage, that's not a good gauge.  The scrimmage included no special teams, no week-long game planning by the coaches, playing a lot of subs, and no returning fumbles for TD, which WO-S had one nullified by the rules of this scrimmage.  Some people understand that, but go ahead and gloat in your "win."  The real story won't be told because they won't play in a real game. 

20-4A looks to me to have a down year which opens the door for the Pirates to maybe win it.  I root for Orange County, so I would be happy to see Vidor break through, but it's harder root for your team when SOME of the Vidor fans on here are such blowhards.  You suffer from the "L-Train-itis" that became contagious on this board a few years ago. 

You had a nice playoff run last year and I was happy for your team, fans, and Coach Matthews.  But, please...put together some consistency...show that you can play defense against your district foes and see if you can win the district outright.  This will earn you a lot more respect than any single game (or scrimmage) accomplishment. 

[quote name="77" post="1253800" timestamp="1346246571"]
As for KOGT not covering Vidor, I dont think the signal even makes it to Vidor hence the lack of coverage.jmo
[/quote]

ding ding ding ding ding

During the daylight hours, yes. At night when the games are actually played, not too good of a signal.

The whole point of my comment is not who is the best football team in Orange County. The point is that the Mexican radio broadcast from Orange doesn't include Vidor as part of Orange County. Vidor is the largest school in the OC yet here we go being dissed again by the local media. I equate them with the Beaumont Rag as far as their ability to report anything sports related. Considering our fans loyalty, I believe they would get more listeners from Vidor than the other schools COMBINED. I'll stick to the Vidorian and PA News.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor