Buna/Newton Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

i dident keep up with stats, i just keep up with how many times each team got in the endzone, from the very start of the scrimmage to the 2 qtr game situation, correct me if im wrong, i have it 60-14 newton give or take a little on the extra points i had to leave the scrimmage for a few

[quote name="GATA" post="1250586" timestamp="1345858129"]
i dident keep up with stats, i just keep up with how many times each team got in the endzone, from the very start of the scrimmage to the 2 qtr game situation, correct me if im wrong, i have it 60-14 newton give or take a little on the extra points i had to leave the scrimmage for a few
[/quote]man they got things corrected quickly.  :o

VARSITY- NEWTON 6 TDS BUNA 2. did not count the one Newton scored on defense. Then Played 2 quarters, Newton 19 Buna 0.
I talked to two Buna varsity players before the game and ask them how they did with their scrimmage last week with Anuhuac. They said they dominated them."We are ready for 3A football".  and as Earl Pitts would say "wake up america". I would have thought by now that they had heard of WO-S, Silsbee, BC, and so on...

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1250750" timestamp="1345863811"]
VARSITY- NEWTON 6 TDS BUNA 2. did not count the one Newton scored on defense. Then Played 2 quarters, Newton 19 Buna 0.
I talked to two Buna varsity players before the game and ask them how they did with their scrimmage last week with Anuhuac. They said they dominated them."We are ready for 3A football".  and as Earl Pitts would say "wake up america". I would have thought by now that they had heard of WO-S, Silsbee, BC, and so on...
[/quote] Wos have by far the best defense of them all. Smh...poor Buna!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1250761" timestamp="1345864200"]
[quote author=purpleeagle link=topic=102011.msg1250750#msg1250750 date=1345863811]
[/quote] Wos have by far the best defense of them all. Smh...poor Buna!
[/quote]

I wouldnt be shaking my head if I was you. Keep your sympathy. You are sure gonna need it this year! Buna gonna be fine. NOT saying they are gonna win district and go undefeated, but they gonna do just fine. They got some tough players who can dig down when its gotta be done.

[quote name="TXHORN_ET" post="1250961" timestamp="1345906311"]
They did dominate anahuac...newton scrimmage was a different story.  The cougars will get back to work and will be ready for the season opener against center.  Good Luck to all for a great season.
[/quote]

Newton will be tough again this year, good luck with your season. I also wish Buna good luck in their new district, I enjoyed watching the games each year the boy's are tough.

I don't think the different poll's having Newton ranked so high are quite on the money right now. Newton still needs to correct a few things. Young on O-line, defensive reads in secondary (young again), playing with intensity. And I think early in the season they might make a few mistakes that could cost them. But they also have raw talent enough to overcome some mistakes. Barring injury bug they have the pieces on both sides of the ball to put together a good run in the playoffs by season's end. They will be much better this year than the last couple years.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1251255" timestamp="1345937223"]
I don't think the different poll's having Newton ranked so high are quite on the money right now. Newton still needs to correct a few things. Young on O-line, defensive reads in secondary (young again), playing with intensity. And I think early in the season they might make a few mistakes that could cost them. But they also have raw talent enough to overcome some mistakes. Barring injury bug they have the pieces on both sides of the ball to put together a good run in the playoffs by season's end. They will be much better this year than the last couple years.
[/quote] Not from what I saw yesterday...Kirbyville gonna thump Newton this year. No passing game spells trouble for the eagles because you dang sure not gonna run the ball Against the Wildcat defense this year.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1251524" timestamp="1345958507"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=102011.msg1251255#msg1251255 date=1345937223]
[/quote] Not from what I saw yesterday...Kirbyville gonna thump Newton this year. No passing game spells trouble for the eagles because you dang sure not gonna run the ball Against the Wildcat defense this year.
[/quote]
Kirbyville will be chasing all night when they play Newton. Newton will run over, around, and through Kirbyville. Then will pull up and go deep with a pass to take it home. Kirbyville better run wind sprints cause they gonna be chasing a lot of people all year.

ChampionEagles...I'll take that bet with ya. Newton looked very weak against the run, no depth, no passing game and quarterback squat way too low under center. He won't have time to do anything against this Wildcat defense this year. Just face it, y'all overrated and about to get that hat brought to y'all by Kirbyville this year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder