West Brook/Lufkin Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1250012" timestamp="1345820169"]
5:00 p.m. at West Brook!
[/quote]

The scrimmage has been moved to Da Butch. Still a 5pm start for varsity. 3:30 for subvarsity.

I plan on making this scrimmage then head up to Evadale for the 3 way scrimmage with Kountze, Evadale and Sabine Pass which starts at 6pm.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1250149" timestamp="1345829457"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=102002.msg1250012#msg1250012 date=1345820169]
[/quote]

The scrimmage has been moved to Da Butch. Still a 5pm start for varsity. 3:30 for subvarsity.

I plan on making this scrimmage then head up to Evadale for the 3 way scrimmage with Kountze, Evadale and Sabine Pass which starts at 6pm.
[/quote]Ok.  That's a little better.  At least you 'll have somewhere to hide from the rain at the Butch.

http://lufkindailynews.com/sports/high_school/article_9a7a8b0e-ee66-11e1-b578-0019bb2963f4.html

Lufkin outscored Beaumont West Brook, 4-1, in touchdowns in the controlled portion of the scrimmage, then outscored the Bruins 21-14 in a live half of action in the team’s final tuneup for next week’s season opener against John Tyler.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1250832" timestamp="1345866756"]
I watched the first hour of this scrimmage before I headed up to Evadale. The WR's for Lufkin have some mad skills!! The QB is rock solid as well. Lufkin will have great success as long as the get the ball in the hands of those wideouts.
[/quote]Thats the same QB who SHOULD have been starting last year IMO.

How did the LP front four look on D? Did #96 (DE) play?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1250843" timestamp="1345867044"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102002.msg1250832#msg1250832 date=1345866756]
I watched the first hour of this scrimmage before I headed up to Evadale. The WR's for Lufkin have some mad skills!! The QB is rock solid as well. Lufkin will have great success as long as the get the ball in the hands of those wideouts.

[/quote]

Yes, but #91 DT was the Big Man on that line. Had to be '6'6 300 lbs with quick feet.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1250850" timestamp="1345867275"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102002.msg1250843#msg1250843 date=1345867044]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=102002.msg1250832#msg1250832 date=1345866756]

[/quote]

Yes, but #91 DT was the Big Man on that line. Had to be '6'6 300 lbs with quick feet.
[/quote]The way they develop D-Lineman in Lufkin is crazy.

The scrimmage showed a little of the weakness Westbrook has in the secondary, over all the offense was held back until the last 2 drives , being only allowed to run 7 of their offensive plays and not use their speed offense! Coach Flanagan  was not going to expose his play book to ozen since they we're all in the stands! The last two drives were a little taste of what's to come for the brook junior QB Devin Padia drove down the field with a pass and run mix to score the first touchdown and senior Chris Clack did the same at a faster pace for the second score and showed he can lead his team as well as block, overall the offensive will get their respect but the defense will definitely have to step it up!! Lufkin was not as good as people give them credit for definitely have some talent at receiver but Westbrook just did not hit and yards after catch were huge for Lufkin! I'm with the WB coach for not showing his play book to a team they will not face anytIme soon!  I beleive Central vs Westbrook will be a better game but Ozen will not beat West Brook![quote name="WOSgrad" post="1250012" timestamp="1345820169"]
[/quote]

[quote name="BrookAlumni" post="1250972" timestamp="1345907747"]
The scrimmage showed a little of the weakness Westbrook has in the secondary, over all the offense was held back until the last 2 drives , being only allowed to run 7 of their offensive plays and not use their speed offense! Coach Flanagan  was not going to expose his play book to ozen since they we're all in the stands! The last two drives were a little taste of what's to come for the brook junior QB Devin Padia drove down the field with a pass and run mix to score the first touchdown and senior Chris Clack did the same at a faster pace for the second score and showed he can lead his team as well as block, overall the offensive will get their respect but the defense will definitely have to step it up!! Lufkin was not as good as people give them credit for definitely have some talent at receiver but Westbrook just did not hit and yards after catch were huge for Lufkin! I'm with the WB coach for not showing his play book to a team they will not face anytIme soon!  I beleive Central vs Westbrook will be a better game but Ozen will not beat West Brook![quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=102002.msg1250012#msg1250012 date=1345820169]
[/quote]
Lol! West Brook was very much in the stands at 10 am and I'm not sure Nelson would hand over his play book either but why would any coach do that in a SCRIMMAGE smh
[/quote]

[quote name="BrookAlumni" post="1250972" timestamp="1345907747"]
The scrimmage showed a little of the weakness Westbrook has in the secondary, over all the offense was held back until the last 2 drives , being only allowed to run 7 of their offensive plays and not use their speed offense! Coach Flanagan  was not going to expose his play book to ozen since they we're all in the stands! The last two drives were a little taste of what's to come for the brook junior QB Devin Padia drove down the field with a pass and run mix to score the first touchdown and senior Chris Clack did the same at a faster pace for the second score and showed he can lead his team as well as block, overall the offensive will get their respect but the defense will definitely have to step it up!! [b]Lufkin was not as good as people give them credit for definitely have some talent at receiver but Westbrook just did not hit and yards after catch were huge for Lufkin![/b] I'm with the WB coach for not showing his play book to a team they will not face anytIme soon!  I beleive Central vs Westbrook will be a better game but Ozen will not beat West Brook![quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=102002.msg1250012#msg1250012 date=1345820169]
[/quote]
[/quote]Has to be a joke, at least imma consider it as one being as Lufkin has had very good seasons since the 90s per my memory (probably beyond that if i checked). Recent playoffs runs have been halted by running into the wrong team first round at the wrong time in a very much more difficult Region 2.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine