Summer Creek/Galena Park Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="liltex" post="1252773" timestamp="1346098827"]
Signs of getting old is remembering when we clobbered Humble a town of 1,200 in the late 60's.Biggest hick town around,with a artesian well downtown.It's still there flowing but not potable now ;D
[/quote]

Don't think it was ever potable.  That's what happened to the Humble athletes.  Those artesian rituals did 'em in.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="liltex" post="1252773" timestamp="1346098827"]
Signs of getting old is remembering when we clobbered Humble a town of 1,200 in the late 60's.Biggest hick town around,with a artesian well downtown.It's still there flowing but not potable now ;D
[/quote]

If i remember correctly it was always a back and forth rivarly. 

Im rooting for SC...i really am.  However we have to be realistic here.  If Dayton is still playing the same brand of football they have been playing over the last 10 years, you can expect Dayton be far ahead of SC at just about every level.

Dayton can handle the level of athletism that SC throws at them, im just not sure that SC can handle the well oiled machine that is the broncos in November.

From a purely X and O standpoint, the deficiency
at the line of scrimmage on defense for SC would be a major concern for me.  Anytime you sacrafice your LB's ability to cover your soft spots in the middle in exchange for pressure, you better have some capable third level defense.  LB is arguably their strongest unit, and they are going to rely on them pretty heavily to establish pressure against the hogs the broncos will have pushing the pile.  If you have to bring 6-7 guys to get that pressure, you are done....

[quote name="octfeb" post="1252691" timestamp="1346093217"]
I know I have asked this question before and I think liltex provided the answer... When was the last time Dayton lost a [b]district[/b] game at home?
[/quote]
Didn't GCM put a whoppin on us at home last year?

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1252634" timestamp="1346089652"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101997.msg1252309#msg1252309 date=1346070050]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1252257#msg1252257 date=1346044335]
[b]And we want the TRUTH[/b] ??? ???
[/quote]really? [i][b]you cant handle the truth.. [/b] [/i] ( in my best Colonel Nathan R. Jessep voice)
[/quote]

[b]rhboiler:[/b] Son, we live in a world that has goal lines, and those goal lines have to be guarded and crossed by men wearing pads and helmets. Who's gonna do it better - Summer Creek or Dayton? Summer Creek has a greater challenge than you could possibly fathom. You cheer for Summer Creek, and you curse the Broncos. You have that fantasy of thinking Summer Creek will be able to win 19-4A. Your fantasy keeps you from seeing what the rest of us see. That Summer Creek’s 9-2 record last year, while winning the old 18-4A, was against weak teams in a weak district. Summer Creek was 8-0 against teams that were a combined 24-58, and only 1-2 against teams above .500. And 18-4A was swept away in bi-district by 17-4A by a combined score of 124-39! Then 17-4A got swept in area round! My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, points out the truth. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want your little fantasy world. You use words like depth, talent, discipline. We use those words as the backbone of a life spent defending and crossing goal lines by [i][b]strong teams[/b][/i]. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under his fantasy blanket while I provide the truth (though I do have time to twist movie lines perversly for humorous effects). I would rather you just said thank you sir may I have another, and went on your way to another early-round playoff exit (IF you make the playoffs!), Otherwise, I suggest you take off those rose-colored glasses, and see reality. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you are entitled to.

[b]Summer Creek it is!: [/b] Did you pick the Broncos to win 19-4A?

[b]rhboiler:[/b] I did the job I...

[b]Summer Creek it is!: [/b] *Did you pick the Broncos to win 19-4A?*

[b]rhboiler:[/b] *You're ******* right I did!*
[/quote]

Bravo! "Standing O" *clapping* Bravo!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1252909" timestamp="1346112609"]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=101997.msg1252634#msg1252634 date=1346089652]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101997.msg1252309#msg1252309 date=1346070050]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1252257#msg1252257 date=1346044335]
[b]And we want the TRUTH[/b] ??? ???
[/quote]really? [i][b]you cant handle the truth.. [/b] [/i] ( in my best Colonel Nathan R. Jessep voice)
[/quote]

[b]rhboiler:[/b] Son, we live in a world that has goal lines, and those goal lines have to be guarded and crossed by men wearing pads and helmets. Who's gonna do it better - Summer Creek or Dayton? Summer Creek has a greater challenge than you could possibly fathom. You cheer for Summer Creek, and you curse the Broncos. You have that fantasy of thinking Summer Creek will be able to win 19-4A. Your fantasy keeps you from seeing what the rest of us see. That Summer Creek’s 9-2 record last year, while winning the old 18-4A, was against weak teams in a weak district. Summer Creek was 8-0 against teams that were a combined 24-58, and only 1-2 against teams above .500. And 18-4A was swept away in bi-district by 17-4A by a combined score of 124-39! [b]Then 17-4A got swept in area round![/b] My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, points out the truth. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want your little fantasy world. You use words like depth, talent, discipline. We use those words as the backbone of a life spent defending and crossing goal lines by [i][b]strong teams[/b][/i]. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under his fantasy blanket while I provide the truth (though I do have time to twist movie lines perversly for humorous effects). I would rather you just said thank you sir may I have another, and went on your way to another early-round playoff exit (IF you make the playoffs!), Otherwise, I suggest you take off those rose-colored glasses, and see reality. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you are entitled to.

[b]Summer Creek it is!: [/b] Did you pick the Broncos to win 19-4A?

[b]rhboiler:[/b] I did the job I...

[b]Summer Creek it is!: [/b] *Did you pick the Broncos to win 19-4A?*

[b]rhboiler:[/b] *You're ******* right I did!*
[/quote]

Bravo! "Standing O" *clapping* Bravo!
[/quote]

Don't know if I'd consider the area round a sweep.  Ya, all of the 17-4A teams lost, but it wasn't to just one district.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1252915" timestamp="1346113240"]
Don't know if I'd consider the area round a sweep.  Ya, all of the 17-4A teams lost, but it wasn't to just one district.
[/quote]

Valid point. Obviously Colonel Jessup doesn't know the finer points of Texas High School football lingo.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1252688" timestamp="1346093115"]STOP LIVING IN THE PAST, and our district was not weak....we had 3 weak teams, and remember we were picked to finish 5TH, so that tells you what others thought about our team last year.....
[/quote]

SCII -- I'm really not trying to bash SC or last year's 18-4A district, but facts are facts. Being open to persuasion, let's hear your view on why you feel SC's schedule and 18-4A overall were not weak.

18-4A was 11-17 in non-district play, with most of the wins against teams like Pasadena S. Houston, Houston Scarborough, Houston Davis and Bayton Sterling.

18-4A was 0-4 in the playoffs, with all of its teams loosing in the first round, by an average of 31-10. The teams they lost to all lost in the second round.

SC may make the playoffs this year, but I'd be shocked if they come close to Dayton. Just don't see SC as a top 10 GHA 4A or top 25 state 4A team based on how they faired against last year's opponents and what they lost.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1252678" timestamp="1346092499"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=101997.msg1252551#msg1252551 date=1346084950]
LOL your so funny... I have a JOB! I have my own business.... plus I am a sports photographer for the paper.(If thats any of your business) And my KIDS are seniors so therefore I don't have to RUN and do mommy duties for them.. I comprehend very well... now back topic..

[size=36pt][font=arial black]SUMMER CREEK SUCKS[/font][/size]

[/quote]

YOU"RE REALLY FUNNY.....NOW BACK TO REAL SUBJECT

[size=36pt]IT STINKS IN DAYTON AND THEY WILL LOSE TO SUMMER CREEK[/size]
[/quote]

It's really subtle, but I feel like you're trying to tell us something...

Bless your heart    ;)

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1253127" timestamp="1346163059"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1252688#msg1252688 date=1346093115]STOP LIVING IN THE PAST, and our district was not weak....we had 3 weak teams, and remember we were picked to finish 5TH, so that tells you what others thought about our team last year.....
[/quote]

SCII -- I'm really not trying to bash SC or last year's 18-4A district, but facts are facts. Being open to persuasion, let's hear your view on why you feel SC's schedule and 18-4A overall were not weak.

18-4A was 11-17 in non-district play, with most of the wins against teams like Pasadena S. Houston, Houston Scarborough, Houston Davis and Bayton Sterling.

18-4A was 0-4 in the playoffs, with all of its teams loosing in the first round, by an average of 31-10. The teams they lost to all lost in the second round.

SC may make the playoffs this year, but I'd be shocked if they come close to Dayton. Just don't see SC as a top 10 GHA 4A or top 25 state 4A team based on how they faired against last year's opponents and what they lost.
[/quote]

What I'm telling you is...we were one of those weak teams "supposely" and we ended up sharing the district title...we wasn't even "suppose" to make the playoffs....I believe we they are ranking us because of number of skilled returners, and our 2014 class...just like Dayton is ranked because you have 14 returning starters....Keep in mind Humble, Kp, Willis and Huntsville were not weak teams..just because you lose in 1st round does not mean you are weak...look at Brenham, they lost 1st round to KP, you call them a weak team?

I wish the playoffs was based on the best of 3 games...i know thats too much football, but in one game, anything could go wrong...key injuries,etc..where certain kids wasn't playing in the game

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1253309" timestamp="1346179557"]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=101997.msg1253127#msg1253127 date=1346163059]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1252688#msg1252688 date=1346093115]STOP LIVING IN THE PAST, and our district was not weak....we had 3 weak teams, and remember we were picked to finish 5TH, so that tells you what others thought about our team last year.....
[/quote]

[/quote]

What I'm telling you is...we were one of those weak teams "supposely" and we ended up sharing the district title...we wasn't even "suppose" to make the playoffs....I believe we they are ranking us because of number of skilled returners, and our 2014 class...just like Dayton is ranked because you have 14 returning starters....Keep in mind Humble, Kp, Willis and Huntsville were not weak teams..just because you lose in 1st round does not mean you are weak...look at Brenham, they lost 1st round to KP, you call them a weak team?

I wish the playoffs was based on the best of 3 games...i know thats too much football, but in one game, anything could go wrong...key injuries,etc..where certain kids wasn't playing in the game
[/quote]

Talent wise those teams weren't weak, but the coaching wasn't up to snuff for any of those teams.  That is what separates great teams from good teams...good teams from average teams.   

I love my cats, but they were average to below average last year.  They gave up early, and were terrible in execution.  This team was still able to go toe to toe with Summer Creek....playing that sort of football.

I will always root for my fellow HISD teams, but the SC fans need to take a step back and let their kids do the talking.  The Broncos have earned the right to have their fans talk big games.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1253328" timestamp="1346180556"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253309#msg1253309 date=1346179557]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=101997.msg1253127#msg1253127 date=1346163059]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Talent wise those teams weren't weak, but the coaching wasn't up to snuff for any of those teams.  That is what separates great teams from good teams...good teams from average teams.   

I love my cats, but they were average to below average last year.  They gave up early, and were terrible in execution.  This team was still able to go toe to toe with Summer Creek....playing that sort of football.

I will always root for my fellow HISD teams, but the SC fans need to take a step back and let their kids do the talking.  The Broncos have earned the right to have their fans talk big games.
[/quote]

Well we are not gonna even talk about the humble game...they went toe for toe against a VERY YOUNG TEAM vs TEAM FULL OF SENIORS, ONLY because of COACHING...that game was suppose to be 70 to 14...honestly...Now quit Tip riding for the Broncos, and OBVISOIUSLY you are from Humble high,and besides, I have no kid playing for Screek, I just know a few of them....What Humble have in store for the district? Can you tell us? ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder