Summer Creek/Galena Park Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1253334" timestamp="1346181150"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=101997.msg1253328#msg1253328 date=1346180556]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253309#msg1253309 date=1346179557]
[quote author=RHBoiler link=topic=101997.msg1253127#msg1253127 date=1346163059]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1252688#msg1252688 date=1346093115]STOP LIVING IN THE PAST, and our district was not weak....we had 3 weak teams, and remember we were picked to finish 5TH, so that tells you what others thought about our team last year.....
[/quote]

SCII -- I'm really not trying to bash SC or last year's 18-4A district, but facts are facts. Being open to persuasion, let's hear your view on why you feel SC's schedule and 18-4A overall were not weak.

18-4A was 11-17 in non-district play, with most of the wins against teams like Pasadena S. Houston, Houston Scarborough, Houston Davis and Bayton Sterling.

18-4A was 0-4 in the playoffs, with all of its teams loosing in the first round, by an average of 31-10. The teams they lost to all lost in the second round.

SC may make the playoffs this year, but I'd be shocked if they come close to Dayton. Just don't see SC as a top 10 GHA 4A or top 25 state 4A team based on how they faired against last year's opponents and what they lost.
[/quote]

What I'm telling you is...we were one of those weak teams "supposely" and we ended up sharing the district title...we wasn't even "suppose" to make the playoffs....I believe we they are ranking us because of number of skilled returners, and our 2014 class...just like Dayton is ranked because you have 14 returning starters....Keep in mind Humble, Kp, Willis and Huntsville were not weak teams..just because you lose in 1st round does not mean you are weak...look at Brenham, they lost 1st round to KP, you call them a weak team?

I wish the playoffs was based on the best of 3 games...i know thats too much football, but in one game, anything could go wrong...key injuries,etc..where certain kids wasn't playing in the game
[/quote]

Talent wise those teams weren't weak, but the coaching wasn't up to snuff for any of those teams.  That is what separates great teams from good teams...good teams from average teams.   

I love my cats, but they were average to below average last year.  They gave up early, and were terrible in execution.  This team was still able to go toe to toe with Summer Creek....playing that sort of football.

I will always root for my fellow HISD teams, but the SC fans need to take a step back and let their kids do the talking.  The Broncos have earned the right to have their fans talk big games.
[/quote]

Well we are not gonna even talk about the humble game...they went toe for toe against a VERY YOUNG TEAM vs TEAM FULL OF SENIORS, ONLY because of COACHING...that game was suppose to be 70 to 14...honestly...Now quit Tip riding for the Broncos, and OBVISOIUSLY you are from Humble high,and besides, I have no kid playing for Screek, I just know a few of them....What Humble have in store for the district? Can you tell us? ::)
[/quote]

70-14 in which direction?

I never hide the fact that my team is Humble, in fact i think its pretty apparent given that i have been posting on this board for years...as well as other boards since 2001. oh and my handle is HUM...  No secret who i root for.

I have no love for the broncos, just respect for what they built.  Summer Creek hasn't built anything and is demanding respect.  I think you are in store for a little lesson in humility. 

What does Humble have in store for the district?  Not sure.  They are rebuilding an entire program, but id imagine that it would be foolish to overlook them on any given friday.  Its a proud program, with a long history.  Im not sure why you deflected to what Humble has to offer.  you worry about the amount of crap you are talking in ratio to how much crow you will be eating if things don't go well. 

Enjoy that Humble zoned talent...;)

[quote name="HUM398" post="1253347" timestamp="1346181871"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253334#msg1253334 date=1346181150]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253309#msg1253309 date=1346179557]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1252688#msg1252688 date=1346093115]STOP LIVING IN THE PAST, and our district was not weak....we had 3 weak teams, and remember we were picked to finish 5TH, so that tells you what others thought about our team last year.....
[/quote]

SCII -- I'm really not trying to bash SC or last year's 18-4A district, but facts are facts. Being open to persuasion, let's hear your view on why you feel SC's schedule and 18-4A overall were not weak.

18-4A was 11-17 in non-district play, with most of the wins against teams like Pasadena S. Houston, Houston Scarborough, Houston Davis and Bayton Sterling.

18-4A was 0-4 in the playoffs, with all of its teams loosing in the first round, by an average of 31-10. The teams they lost to all lost in the second round.

SC may make the playoffs this year, but I'd be shocked if they come close to Dayton. Just don't see SC as a top 10 GHA 4A or top 25 state 4A team based on how they faired against last year's opponents and what they lost.
[/quote]

What I'm telling you is...we were one of those weak teams "supposely" and we ended up sharing the district title...we wasn't even "suppose" to make the playoffs....I believe we they are ranking us because of number of skilled returners, and our 2014 class...just like Dayton is ranked because you have 14 returning starters....Keep in mind Humble, Kp, Willis and Huntsville were not weak teams..just because you lose in 1st round does not mean you are weak...look at Brenham, they lost 1st round to KP, you call them a weak team?

I wish the playoffs was based on the best of 3 games...i know thats too much football, but in one game, anything could go wrong...key injuries,etc..where certain kids wasn't playing in the game
[/quote]

Talent wise those teams weren't weak, but the coaching wasn't up to snuff for any of those teams.  That is what separates great teams from good teams...good teams from average teams.   

I love my cats, but they were average to below average last year.  They gave up early, and were terrible in execution.  This team was still able to go toe to toe with Summer Creek....playing that sort of football.

I will always root for my fellow HISD teams, but the SC fans need to take a step back and let their kids do the talking.  The Broncos have earned the right to have their fans talk big games.
[/quote]

Well we are not gonna even talk about the humble game...they went toe for toe against a VERY YOUNG TEAM vs TEAM FULL OF SENIORS, ONLY because of COACHING...that game was suppose to be 70 to 14...honestly...Now quit Tip riding for the Broncos, and OBVISOIUSLY you are from Humble high,and besides, I have no kid playing for Screek, I just know a few of them....What Humble have in store for the district? Can you tell us? ::)
[/quote]

I never hide the fact that my team is Humble, in fact i think its pretty apparent given that i have been posting on this board for years...as well as other boards since 2001. oh and my handle is HUM...  No secret who i root for.

I have no love for the broncos, just respect for what they built.  Summer Creek hasn't built anything and is demanding respect.  I think you are in store for a little lesson in humility. 

What does Humble have in store for the district?  Not sure.  They are rebuilding an entire program, but id imagine that it would be foolish to overlook them on any given friday.  Its a proud program, with a long history.  Im not sure why you deflected to what Humble has to offer.  you worry about the amount of crap you are talking in ratio to how much crow you will be eating if things don't go well. 

[/quote]

Well I guarantee Screek won't lose to Humble...and no kid at Screek is zoned to humble brother!

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1253350" timestamp="1346182128"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=101997.msg1253347#msg1253347 date=1346181871]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253334#msg1253334 date=1346181150]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I guarantee Screek won't lose to Humble...and no kid at Screek is zoned to humble brother!
[/quote]

You guarantee?  Only thing i can guarantee is death and taxes.    And yes their are over a dozen kids in the program zoned to humble, but were able to move due to humble falling to unacceptable rating 3 years ago.  How do i know this?  I live in the same neighborhood as the varsity starters.  I have friends that work in the athletic office, and i coached against these young men when they were in little league.

;)  Unless they moved over the summer, they are all still very much zoned to Humble.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1253356" timestamp="1346182618"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253350#msg1253350 date=1346182128]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You guarantee?  Only thing i can guarantee is death and taxes.    And yes their are over a dozen kids in the program zoned to humble, but were able to move due to humble falling to unacceptable rating 3 years ago.  How do i know this?  I live in the same neighborhood as the varsity starters.  I have friends that work in the athletic office, and i coached against these young men when they were in little league.

;)  Unless they moved over the summer, they are all still very much zoned to Humble.
[/quote]

Thats right. Thats a guarantee Bubba! and you must be taling about last years seniors that WERE zoned to humble...none this year that i know of

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1253365" timestamp="1346182999"]

Thats right. Thats a guarantee Bubba! and you must be taling about last years seniors that WERE zoned to humble...none this year that i know of
[/quote]

Then you don't know much.  ;D      I guess we will find out if that guarantee stands.  But you know, i could always say that we are really young, and we only return 5 starters and like 8 lettermen.... you know, otherwise it would be 70-14

[quote name="HUM398" post="1253368" timestamp="1346183313"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253365#msg1253365 date=1346182999]

[/quote]

Summer Creek is you too...and we may just hang 70 this time, lets hope Ford dont have the kids take a knee like last year.... 8). and by the way, i found out our water boy is only kid zoned to Humble  ;D

Then you don't know much.  ;D      I guess we will find out if that guarantee stands.  But you know, i could always say that we are really young, and we only return 5 starters and like 8 lettermen.... you know, otherwise it would be 70-14
[/quote]

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1253371" timestamp="1346183703"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=101997.msg1253368#msg1253368 date=1346183313]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253365#msg1253365 date=1346182999]

[/quote]

Summer Creek is you too...and we may just hang 70 this time, lets hope Ford dont have the kids take a knee like last year.... 8). and by the way, i found out our water boy is only kid zoned to Humble  ;D

[/quote]
[/quote]

lol.

I know you don't have the cash to back the check your writing.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1253374" timestamp="1346184273"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=101997.msg1253371#msg1253371 date=1346183703]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=101997.msg1253368#msg1253368 date=1346183313]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

lol.

I know you don't have the cash to back the check your writing.
[/quote]

people make mistakes on texts, forums all the time...and yall had 100 letterman last year and summer creek still won.it was suppose to be 70-14  ;D ;D..if you went to game then you know its true

Let's see, SC is gonna whip up on South Houston. My question is, who couldn't whip SH, we'll send our Freshmen over their to do that. If your gonna brag, brag about how ya'll beat Magnolia West in the playoffs last year. SH went 2-3 in a horrible district last year, aim a little higher.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1253395" timestamp="1346186877"]
Let's see, SC is gonna whip up on South Houston. My question is, who couldn't whip SH, we'll send our Freshmen over their to do that. If your gonna brag, brag about how ya'll beat Magnolia West in the playoffs last year. SH went 2-3 in a horrible district last year, aim a little higher.
[/quote]

The point is, It don't matter who the opponent is, I said SH because that's who we play...and I will prob say PNG next is gonna get whipped....Ws it you or another bronco whining about how Screek has a large enrollment number and suppose to be 5a...but we playing in a lil 4a district...was it you? well guess what, SH is 5a too...

[quote name="bronco1" post="1253395" timestamp="1346186877"]
[/quote]

Your new avatar seems a little more blue than your old one.  Almost like Smoking Baby spray painted that horse shoe.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1253347" timestamp="1346181871"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Someone still sounds a bit bitter last year's "L".Maybe if the coach could coach, Humble would've had that HUMBLE ZONED TALENT. Don't worry. You only have to deal with us for two more years. Hope your program's turned around by then. By the way, don't like crow, but I will eat up some fried yard bird. Perferably Frenchy's. So have me a 10 piece with 2 peppers and a RED soda after we smash ya'll......................................please !!!!! ;)............................ and coming back on the 2nd string isn't really going toe to toe.ijs

[quote name="Dog Pound Nation" post="1253656" timestamp="1346206190"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=101997.msg1253465#msg1253465 date=1346191070]
[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/fatmac1024/sc.png[/img]
[/quote]
That's cute. you know how to make pictures on the computer. NOW CAN YOUR TEAM PLAY FOOTBALL ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Ummm...

Google Dayton Broncos and check the past 16 years...that should answer your question

[quote name="Dog Pound Nation" post="1253667" timestamp="1346207481"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Someone still sounds a bit bitter last year's "L".Maybe if the coach could coach, Humble would've had that HUMBLE ZONED TALENT. Don't worry. You only have to deal with us for two more years. Hope your program's turned around by then. By the way, don't like crow, but I will eat up some fried yard bird. Perferably Frenchy's. So have me a 10 piece with 2 peppers and a RED soda after we smash ya'll......................................please !!!!! ;)............................ and coming back on the 2nd string isn't really going toe to toe.ijs
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D Truuuueee! He got you HUM398

[quote name="Dog Pound Nation" post="1253667" timestamp="1346207481"]
[/quote]

you are a revisionist of history brother. 

Humble and SC were tied 14-7 at the half, SC lead.  No one scored the second quarter.  SC scored 14, Humble scored 7 in the third.  both scored 14 in the fourth.  Yall never held a wide enough lead for long enough to put in the second string team without risking a comeback.  QB Sharp played the entire game.  SC accounted for 600+ yards, and Humble had roughly 500+.    This was a very evenly matched game outside of redzone production.    Both defenses were terrible, and both offenses pretty much had their way with the defenses with the exception of humble executing inside the 20.    This game would of NEVER been 70-14 like another poster suggested.  SC was the better team, but not by much at all. and Humble was down right terrible last year.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1253916" timestamp="1346257341"]
[quote author=Dog Pound Nation link=topic=101997.msg1253667#msg1253667 date=1346207481]
[/quote]

Humble and SC were tied 14-7 at the half, SC lead.  No one scored the second quarter.  SC scored 14, Humble scored 7 in the third.  both scored 14 in the fourth.  Yall never held a wide enough lead for long enough to put in the second string team without risking a comeback.  QB Sharp played the entire game.  SC accounted for 600+ yards, and Humble had roughly 500+.    This was a very evenly matched game outside of redzone production.    Both defenses were terrible, and both offenses pretty much had their way with the defenses with the exception of humble executing inside the 20.    This game would of NEVER been 70-14 like another poster suggested.  SC was the better team, but not by much at all. and Humble was down right terrible last year.
[/quote]

Did you count how many time Screek took a knee? we took knee at 4yd line, we could have scored right before half but the QB messed up...we were on the 2yd line. and yes we did have 2nd string defense in...

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1254029" timestamp="1346266767"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=101997.msg1253916#msg1253916 date=1346257341]
[quote author=Dog Pound Nation link=topic=101997.msg1253667#msg1253667 date=1346207481]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you count how many time Screek took a knee? we took knee at 4yd line, we could have scored right before half but the QB messed up...we were on the 2yd line. and yes we did have 2nd string defense in...
[/quote]

You took the knee because you already up 7 points, and a turnover could mean 7 or 8 in the other direction.  Not worth the risk considering at that point the game was won. (good thing you don't coach). Theirs no need to take high risk, when victory is with in grasp.  And just because you say your 2nd string was in, doesn't change the fact that up until the last 4 downs.... your defense wasn't 2nd string.  that in itself would of been a stupid move, and if thats how your coaches coach...get ready to get reamed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder