WO-S/Nederland Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1247097" timestamp="1345339532"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=101698.msg1247093#msg1247093 date=1345338980]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=101698.msg1246878#msg1246878 date=1345311695]
[quote author=TheLand8 link=topic=101698.msg1246787#msg1246787 date=1345299864]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=101698.msg1246780#msg1246780 date=1345299104]
[quote author=TheLand8 link=topic=101698.msg1246772#msg1246772 date=1345298185]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=101698.msg1246756#msg1246756 date=1345294846]
[quote author=TheLand8 link=topic=101698.msg1246750#msg1246750 date=1345294185]
What happen to that freshman beast qb last yr?
[/quote] The ''Beast"" is playing safety......
[/quote] So he's not going to get a chance to play qb?
[/quote]
not unless something happens to force the issue, but that beast would rather play defense and hit people than play QB. After Carson is gone you could have 3 or 4 battling in the off season for the starting spot and all are very capable. I thought Carson threw the ball well and I think he will have a good year. Our offensive line is always a work in progress the first few weeks, but it always comes together.
[/quote] policy is simple really; the best player plays.
[/quote]

The best player will play QB in the next few years for Nederland and always has under Neumann.

Raines will finish out tenure this year. Job well done.

Next year,the nod goes to then Sr. White.  He's got a nice arm.  He's tall and athletic.

After that, Smith, accurate passer, good hands with the ball, tall and strong as well.

Both White and Smith strong arms on the mound in baseball as well, don't see them getting "looked over" on the gridiron. 

I didn't see much in the interloper who transferred in, not quick at all, running the ball, not a strong passer, really doesn't perform to Ned's QB standard, kinda shaking my head???? (Guess we just have a crop of QBs if needed.)
[/quote]

[b]I saw a few years when it would have been nice to have had 6 QB's[/b]. We may have been able to keep 2 ready to play :)
[/quote]Thats why i brought up the question of how good the back-up was. Seems like the QBs at NED always sustain some type of injury every year. kinda strange.
[/quote]

Yea, it seems like the job NOT to have in Ned.

It's kinda of flukey, really strange, too that Ned has lost so many QBs to injuries. 
Is it the offense ran?
Or just bad luck?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1247246" timestamp="1345351122"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101698.msg1247097#msg1247097 date=1345339532]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=101698.msg1247093#msg1247093 date=1345338980]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=101698.msg1246878#msg1246878 date=1345311695]
[quote author=TheLand8 link=topic=101698.msg1246787#msg1246787 date=1345299864]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=101698.msg1246780#msg1246780 date=1345299104]
[quote author=TheLand8 link=topic=101698.msg1246772#msg1246772 date=1345298185]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=101698.msg1246756#msg1246756 date=1345294846]
[quote author=TheLand8 link=topic=101698.msg1246750#msg1246750 date=1345294185]
What happen to that freshman beast qb last yr?
[/quote] The ''Beast"" is playing safety......
[/quote] So he's not going to get a chance to play qb?
[/quote]
not unless something happens to force the issue, but that beast would rather play defense and hit people than play QB. After Carson is gone you could have 3 or 4 battling in the off season for the starting spot and all are very capable. I thought Carson threw the ball well and I think he will have a good year. Our offensive line is always a work in progress the first few weeks, but it always comes together.
[/quote] policy is simple really; the best player plays.
[/quote]

The best player will play QB in the next few years for Nederland and always has under Neumann.

Raines will finish out tenure this year. Job well done.

Next year,the nod goes to then Sr. White.  He's got a nice arm.  He's tall and athletic.

After that, Smith, accurate passer, good hands with the ball, tall and strong as well.

Both White and Smith strong arms on the mound in baseball as well, don't see them getting "looked over" on the gridiron. 

I didn't see much in the interloper who transferred in, not quick at all, running the ball, not a strong passer, really doesn't perform to Ned's QB standard, kinda shaking my head???? (Guess we just have a crop of QBs if needed.)
[/quote]

[b]I saw a few years when it would have been nice to have had 6 QB's[/b]. We may have been able to keep 2 ready to play :)
[/quote]Thats why i brought up the question of how good the back-up was. Seems like the QBs at NED always sustain some type of injury every year. kinda strange.
[/quote]

Yea, it seems like the job NOT to have in Ned.

It's kinda of flukey, really strange, too that Ned has lost so many QBs to injuries. 
Is it the offense ran?
Or just bad luck?
[/quote]

I think it has been some of both. Wen most of the injuries occured it was when we ran the spread and that put the QB in the most danger. We are back to the one and two back formation. The more you hand-off the less your QB takes a lot of abuse. Most of our QB injuries were fluke injuries so it could have happened on any type of offense. One QB planted his leg to turn and his knee gave out,  another had his hand stepped on so they really didn't happen because of the type of offense.

Been watching this Bulldog group since they were in 8th grade....Lots of talent on this team.....The Big D is one of the best around and the Big O rallies and gets the job done.....Stop haten and enjoy the ride, I'm sure you'll end up on top....

Congrats to WOS looks like you guys might just have another winning season!!!  ;)

I'm ready for some FOOTBALL!!!

I had to work Friday so I didnt see the scrimage but it sounds like both teams defense played well and both teams offense had a tough time. The good thing about battling WOS is they help you figure out what your team needs improvement on. Scarry Larry will have the Dogs ready!!!  I will be in Dayton Thursday!!!  Go Dogs!!!

Friday was just as predicted great defenses and  just average offenses. Was alittle surprised by the struggle of both offenses to move the ball. One big play and a missed assignment by the sophomore safety allowed  WO-S to score against defense. Learning curve to be expected. Nederlands offense  looked rough with o-line missing blocks and just over whelmed by speed of rush. WO-S blitz a lot and loaded the box after Nederlands wide receivers could not catch the ball. They dropped quite a few passes and when the blitzes came Carson did throw as crisp ball. WO-S defense is average size with excellent speed and everyone gets to the ball. Nederland D is big up front  with good speed in the secondary. The secondary got a good look at speed and did a good job with it . WO-S had a hard time running the ball and that is saying something. WO-S and Nederland will both have to work on running the ball and o-line effectiveness. Overall a 2-1 scoring advantage to WO-S is not a bad start but not what Nederland was looking for, but I bet it gets better from here as the playbook will get expanded and line will improve.

You have to remember that even with fresh faces, defenses generally gel sooner than offenses do early in seasons. This is only exacerbated by the fact that Nederland has so many returning starters on D. Offense will come together as the season goes on. It's really all about staying healthy and peaking at the right time. Not concerned one bit about the offense in its first scrimmage against a good WO-S defense.

Seen some new  o line configurations today. It was expected after the  game. We will see if it is permanent and effective. Added some size up front. PN-G thanks for the confidence boost, but the DOGS got a good look at what it needed to work on. Every team in 20-4a is the team to beat.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1247865" timestamp="1345499459"]
Seen some new  o line configurations today. It was expected after the  game. We will see if it is permanent and effective. Added some size up front. PN-G thanks for the confidence boost, but the DOGS got a good look at what it needed to work on. Every team in 20-4a is the team to beat.
[/quote] 

No problem, just drives me nuts win you have a team that finally makes the playoffs and wins their first one in a 100 yrs they're experts.

[quote name="Gtj007" post="1247872" timestamp="1345503081"]
Who did they move to the o-line
[/quote]

They have been making adjustments this week at practice on O line....will be interesting to
see Dayton scrimmage how those work.

Think a little tweeking will make our running game outstanding, thus, lighting up
our passing game.

Kimbler, Shaw both to have big years receiving...calling it now. 
Like what I see of Self, also.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder