WO-S/Nederland Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1246526" timestamp="1345253834"]
I guess it is never too early to have the Mid County Madness participants engaging in trash talk.
[/quote]

Like you didn't know that already. ;) :D

Nederland scrimmages Dayton next week, right? It'll be interesting to see what kind of offensive progress they make in that time.

Think we will be fine against wos when we see them. Both defenses looked pretty dang stout against the run. Will be great test for my ndns. Don't know how we will do, but judging from both offenses we have just as good a shot as them. I will be watching the Dayton ned scrimmage next week to see if the dogs can figure out how to get in the endzone on offense.  Think it will be another good practice . Interesting to see what the broncos will do running against that massive defensive line of ned. I'm sure I will get an unbiased assessment from Brenham fan on the practice. Maybe just maybe ned will find some offense.

I know it's early and offensive timing is not where it needs to be, but Nederland has got to quit throwing the ball sideways, it may work in practice, but it's never worked in a game. Lots of dropped passes and just plain sloppy on offense. The defense is as good as advertised. We need to put the spread in the back of the play book so we can't find anymore.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1246562" timestamp="1345257046"]
Nederland's defense is good. But, as always, you give WOS any room in open field they will take it to the house.

Nederland's offense was suspect but you are not going up against St Mary's with Father Joe coaching.

Rutledge has some potential but what I seen Salter is the man.
[/quote]

When Rutledge gets his turn, we'll see more than "some" potential, but Salter is our general this year.  He needs a lot more reps.  Sounds like too many incomplete passes.  He will be our starter and there is time to improve. 

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1246558" timestamp="1345256580"]
[quote author=MrUmp1 link=topic=101698.msg1246471#msg1246471 date=1345249250]
Sure is cold over here in the visitor press box admin. i should have brought my coat lol
[/quote]

Mr Ump. you always have the best seat in any sport. Big Ed did a good job as OC, heard Cornel all night on Ned side.
[/quote]

I wish Ed all the best. He is a fine young man. I dont know about his coaching skills but he has all the intangibles that help people succeed in life.

Lol I know we will get or shot soon enough, looking forward to it. We aren't the ones ranked and having our heads swollen with the idea that we are Statebound. I'm just poking a lil fun at the dogs. Its early and it was good to see some football even if it was only a defensive battle. I'm sure the rythem will come in time.  Hell we might not wina game according to james lol. But from what I saw tonight the dogs are right where everyone else is and that is back on the ground. Looks like it will be a fun year regardless, best thing I saw tonight was none of the kids got hurt and it was a clean practice! With that I will stop poking fun till next week lol 8)

[quote name="baddog" post="1246530" timestamp="1345254142"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=101698.msg1246528#msg1246528 date=1345254046]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=101698.msg1246524#msg1246524 date=1345253731]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=101698.msg1246520#msg1246520 date=1345253270]
Wow sure is quiet on neds side lol. I guess they just trying to work on the run game. but holding on to the ball seems to be difficult lol
[/quote]

Pretty quiet when PNG plays WOS LOL!!!
[/quote]

Getting whipped in your own scrimmage so you feel the need to deflect to PN-G.  :'(

Nope.
[/quote]
[/quote]

That is exactly what you did. So yep.

[quote name="football04" post="1246621" timestamp="1345260446"]
Just saw the replay of the WOS int return for a td, looked like good throw from Raines, ball went threw the hands of the reciever, bounced off his forehead and went right to a mustang in stride and he was gone, just one of those plays.
[/quote]

where did you see the replay at??

It will be very difficult for many teams to score on WO-S this year. Just too good on the defensive side of the ball.

I predict that WO-S will have a minimum of 6 shut outs this season and quite honestly believe that Silsbee may be the only district team that will possibly get a score against this version of the Chain Gang Defense.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1246648" timestamp="1345261691"]
If Nederland is the 13th ranked team in 4A then WO-S when they hit their stride on offense will be a top 5 team in 3A their defense is as usual fast and physical.

[b]I think Nederland and Ozen will play for the district championship[/b]..
[/quote]Why do you think that? Just curious.  8)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1246644" timestamp="1345261399"]
It will be very difficult for many teams to score on WO-S this year. Just too good on the defensive side of the ball.

I predict that WO-S will have a minimum of 6 shut outs this season and quite honestly believe that Silsbee may be the only district team that will possibly get a score against this version of the Chain Gang Defense.
[/quote]

I said that earlier this year on this board and people jumped my butt saying im getting ahead of myself and I didnt know what I was talking about.. im telling you guys this group on defense as a whole is the best to come through WO-S in the past 12 years.. WO-S should and IMO will shut-out all but maybe 2 of their opponets.. Really and truly Nederland was suppose to get shut-out but the back up QB Rutledge threw a fluke pick six off of a deflected pass other then that WO-S would have won by 2td's like I said they would..

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1246650" timestamp="1345261797"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=101698.msg1246648#msg1246648 date=1345261691]
If Nederland is the 13th ranked team in 4A then WO-S when they hit their stride on offense will be a top 5 team in 3A their defense is as usual fast and physical.

[/quote]

They are the only two teams in their district that can probably shut down the teams they will play from a week to week basis.... I think them along with Vidor are the class of their district and I also think each of them will each go atleast to the 3rd round of the playoffs again

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1246654" timestamp="1345262108"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101698.msg1246650#msg1246650 date=1345261797]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=101698.msg1246648#msg1246648 date=1345261691]

[/quote]

[b]They are the only two teams in their district that can probably shut down the teams they will play from a week to week basis[/b].... I think them along with Vidor are the class of their district and I also think each of them will each go atleast to the 3rd round of the playoffs again
[/quote]interesting. I think Livingston will have a say in that. JMO

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1246641" timestamp="1345261213"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=101698.msg1246621#msg1246621 date=1345260446]
Just saw the replay of the WOS int return for a td, looked like good throw from Raines, ball went threw the hands of the reciever, bounced off his forehead and went right to a mustang in stride and he was gone, just one of those plays.
[/quote]

where did you see the replay at??
[/quote]
channel 6 and channel 12 had the replay, looked like reciever took his eyes off the ball at the last second, tough break for the reciever and very fortunate for WOS. If WOS and Nederland played again in a real game it would still be a toss up, 2 very good defensive teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami