Buna feels underestimated in move up to 3A

We won't be any lower in the district standings than we have been the past few years.  Leaving a district with Newton, EC and Anahuac, this district shouldn't feel a whole lot different to us, might even sneak up on a few teams.  We will compete, maybe not as well as we would like against WO-S, Silsbee and BC, just simply due to numbers and speed, but the Coogs should more than hold their own and win 3 or 4 district games, putting them in a battle for 3rd place.  Can't wait to see some new faces in Cougar Stadium this season.  GO COUGARS!

[quote name="bruno994" post="1244619" timestamp="1344888594"]
We won't be any lower in the district standings than we have been the past few years.  Leaving a district with Newton, EC and Anahuac, this district shouldn't feel a whole lot different to us, might even sneak up on a few teams.  We will compete, maybe not as well as we would like against WO-S, Silsbee and BC, just simply due to numbers and speed, but the Coogs should more than hold their own and win 3 or 4 district games, putting them in a battle for 3rd place.  Can't wait to see some new faces in Cougar Stadium this season.  GO COUGARS!
[/quote]

Only prob is take bc wos and silsbee and that only leaves 3 dist games and i think OF will be too much and hf and hj will be thier only wins

Afer the buttkicking HF took from Buna last year I can assure you HF will not take them likely. Buna has a ball control offense that will hammer out 4 and 5 yards at a time and wear down your defense. They have good size and descent speed, If teams get too many 3 & outs against their defense then the offense will make them pay.

Well it's no surprise fans think they are under rated or under estimated. To their credit they have very high expectations of their kids. When they were in 2a it was no different. Not ragging on anybody, but sometimes that ten foot tall and bullet proof self image gets to be viral and hard to maintain because it's not reality.  Reality is that Buna has alot of good athletic kids and they are fierce competitors, they love to win and hate to loose. When the results are a mark in the (w) column then the fans have a hard time excepting the reality that in most cases they just got out played by superior athletes. On the other hand being from Kountze I wish we had little more of that attitude then the one we have, which has been roll over and play dead. Hope that is continuing to change. Bottom line I think there is a happy middle ground. I thinks as parents and communities we should always support and push for excellence, but also be realistic.       

[quote name="SFA65" post="1245980" timestamp="1345171816"]
Idk what kville is making jokes about. You won 2 games last year. Yall looking on to newton and EC thinking yall got that new district wrapped up....dont be shocked when them coogs hang it off in that butt week 1 IN KIRBYVILLE.
[/quote]i will be laughing for a week if that happens

[quote name="SFA65" post="1245980" timestamp="1345171816"]
Idk what kville is making jokes about. You won 2 games last year. Yall looking on to newton and EC thinking yall got that new district wrapped up....dont be shocked when them coogs hang it off in that butt week 1 IN KIRBYVILLE.
[/quote] Its not a joke, its reality! I doubt Buna, EC and Newton would have won any of the non district games we played last year. Some how we manage to make it to the playoffs last year too. If Buna wants to beat Kirbyville, they got a golden opportunity while its still early since they suppose to have a good team this year! We'll just have to wait and see, but i doubt it.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1245983" timestamp="1345172078"]
[quote author=SFA65 link=topic=101593.msg1245980#msg1245980 date=1345171816]
[/quote] Me too, because i cant tell you the last time Buna beat us!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1246014" timestamp="1345178137"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101593.msg1245983#msg1245983 date=1345172078]
[quote author=SFA65 link=topic=101593.msg1245980#msg1245980 date=1345171816]
[/quote] Me too, because i cant tell you the last time Buna beat us!
[/quote]Let the smack talk begin.

So you go from winning 2 games in a weak AAA district to taking like you'll dominate the strongest district in AA? The one with Newton, EC, Woodville, AND Anahuac. All of which could very possibly hand it to you. Not just beat you, but serve it to you on a platter and turn this season into a fifth place disappointment. You don't have the talent you got lucky with the last time y'all dropped divisions. Am I missing a piece to this mystery of a puzzle they're calling Kirbyville this year? Lol

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1246886" timestamp="1345313374"]
So you go from winning 2 games in a weak AAA district to taking like you'll dominate the strongest district in AA? The one with Newton, EC, Woodville, AND Anahuac. All of which could very possibly hand it to you. Not just beat you, but serve it to you on a platter and turn this season into a fifth place disappointment. You don't have the talent you got lucky with the last time y'all dropped divisions. Am I missing a piece to this mystery of a puzzle they're calling Kirbyville this year? Lol
[/quote] How in hell we got lucky?? I do remember Kirbyville hanging 50+ on Woodville the last time we were in 2a!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1246887" timestamp="1345313904"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=101593.msg1246886#msg1246886 date=1345313374]
[/quote] How in heck we got lucky?? I do remember Kirbyville hanging 50+ on Woodville the last time we were in 2a!
[/quote]
They got lucky by getting that much talent the year they moved down. And yes, they did hang 50 on them three years ago. WITH the talent they used to have. AND a less talented Woodville team. Living off past success doesn't help you win games now. The fact is, Woodville has been more consistent than Kville recently. Not as successful, but when was the last time Woodville only won 2 games, huh? Lol especially since they haven't been in a weak district since 2005, which if I'm not mistaken, they WON that district and lost to the state champs, Newton, in this second round of the playoffs, who....oh yeah....is in this district too! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder