New Liberty DC?

Guest incognito123
[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1243731" timestamp="1344623720"]
They needed to do something.Now maybe that third spot in district and the playoffs are a little more realistic.
[/quote]

Not. At. All.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1243851" timestamp="1344647591"]
Liberty went 7-3, with a last minute loss to Cleveland. I can see them getting second. Aaron Mosley is emerging from what I've been hearing and all their other skill players are back with the exception of qb
[/quote]
I can see them getting blown out by Huffman and Coldspring as usual.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1243851" timestamp="1344647591"]
Liberty went 7-3, with a last minute loss to Cleveland. I can see them getting second. Aaron Mosley is emerging from what I've been hearing and all their other skill players are back with the exception of qb
[/quote]

No way they get second. Liberty's record last year was inflated last year by playing extremely weak pre-district games. They lost to Huffman by 20  and Huffman returns 15  starters. Liberty lost their QB and 4\5ths of their Oline. The  might have had a small chance to pull an upset if Fitz was still there, but he's gone and so is their hopes of  getting second.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1243876" timestamp="1344651179"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101528.msg1243851#msg1243851 date=1344647591]
[/quote]

No way they get second. Liberty's record last year was inflated last year by playing extremely weak pre-district games. They lost to Huffman by 20  and Huffman returns 15  starters. Liberty lost their QB and 4\5ths of their Oline. The  might have had a small chance to pull an upset if Fitz was still there, but he's gone and so is their hopes of  getting second.
[/quote]

Thanks for correcting MY OPINION.  ???

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1243915" timestamp="1344661203"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=101528.msg1243876#msg1243876 date=1344651179]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101528.msg1243851#msg1243851 date=1344647591]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for correcting MY OPINION.  ???
[/quote]

Who corrected you? I gave my opinion in response to yours.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1243876" timestamp="1344651179"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm not saying Liberty will get second, but I will say that if you believe Fitz may have been able to pull an upset if he was still here, then Liberty still has a chance to pull an upset, because Hudson Standish has the abilitiy to throw the deep ball just as good, if not better than Fitz, his short yard game isn't as good and he isn't as big or fast, but he is still big and athletic and if you say Liberty had a chane with Fitz then they have a chance still, also they are utilizing other skill players that they didn't use last year, they relied heavily on the pass game and didn't respect the run game as much as they should in the important games, the rushing statistics came from the garbage teams, and the only rushing stats we had against the good teams were through Jordan Jones, who will be carrying the ball alot more than last year due to the loss of Fitz, so Liberty is by no means out of the question for 2nd or 3rd place.

[quote name="LP6" post="1244255" timestamp="1344811501"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=101528.msg1243876#msg1243876 date=1344651179]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm not saying Liberty will get second, but I will say that if you believe Fitz may have been able to pull an upset if he was still here, then Liberty still has a chance to pull an upset, because Hudson Standish has the abilitiy to throw the deep ball just as good, if not better than Fitz, his short yard game isn't as good and he isn't as big or fast, but he is still big and athletic and if you say Liberty had a chane with Fitz then they have a chance still, also they are utilizing other skill players that they didn't use last year, they relied heavily on the pass game and didn't respect the run game as much as they should in the important games, the rushing statistics came from the garbage teams, and the only rushing stats we had against the good teams were through Jordan Jones, who will be carrying the ball alot more than last year due to the loss of Fitz, so Liberty is by no means out of the question for 2nd or 3rd place.
[/quote]

Fair enough. With a good QB and wrs you always have a passers chance, and if Standish is as good as you say then that is still true for Liberty. I still think Huffman is the favorite over Liberty, but anything can happen on Friday night.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1244301" timestamp="1344820415"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=101528.msg1244255#msg1244255 date=1344811501]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Fair enough. With a good QB and wrs you always have a passers chance, and if Standish is as good as you say then that is still true for Liberty. I still think Huffman is the favorite over Liberty, but anything can happen on Friday night.
[/quote]
Well said, and yes I believe the Panther passing attack is going to be fine, Standish throws the deep ball well, and Aaron Mosley's best part of his game is going up for the deep ball. However, it's not Standish matching Fitzwater that I believe gives them a chance, it's the fact that Standish isn't as good as Fitzwater so the Panthers will run more, and I believe that's what the offense needs. Huffman is still the favorite for second I would say, but I am by no means counting Liberty out. And even with the QB change, the Panthers should still throw almost as much just no as much, which is what could of made the difference last year if they would have kept the ball on the ground in short yardage key situations. Last year the coaches failed to utilize Fitzwater and Antoine ( 6ft6 and 6ft ) in the short yardage run game, those guys could have fell forward for the yards needed, rather than pass on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and short.

Aside from all of that back to the topic of the thread, I heard the DC is a really good coach. From what I've been hearing he's actually the defensive coordinator ON THE FIELD, the past 3 seasons Deel seemed to lead the D in practice and on the field. So even if he isn't all they say is, the Panthers should be in a better position on D with a coach who finally only has the one priority rather than Deel being the head of everything, and that's something they'll need as the D does look weaker than last year from what I saw.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder