whats the score going be with the mustangs and bear game  

57 members have voted

1. 1. whats the score going be with the mustangs and bear game

• wos 49 lcm 21
    • lcm 30 wos 53
    • lcm 21 wos 14
    • lcm 13 wos 10
    • lcm 14 wos 7

Ya never know. Not taking away from WOS' athletic talent, which is huge, but LCM, in most cases, rises up to the occasion, winning a few, but keeping it close many times.  You don't know with a rivalry like this...Being a homer, I will predict a shocker, with LCM taking it by 3.

[quote name="elhector1" post="1237164" timestamp="1342630129"]
Ya never know. Not taking away from WOS' athletic talent, which is huge, but LCM, in most cases, rises up to the occasion, winning a few, but keeping it close many times.  You don't know with a rivalry like this...Being a homer, I will predict a shocker, with LCM taking it by 3.
[/quote]

Rising to the occasion and winning a few times against who? WOS? Of my knowlege, they have won only two times against WOS since gas was 10 cents a gallon. LOL. And those were flukes in that. Heck, I still see lcm people wearing their "hit list" t shirts from 1994. They had shirts made just for beating a few teams LOL. Man, imagine how many t shirts there would be if WOS did that every year. Cotton would become more precious than Gold. Hahah.

On a side note, I always wish lcm well as long as they are not playing WOS. They are due to be a great team. They have a great coach with a winning attitude.

[quote name="wbfan" post="1238604" timestamp="1342919694"]
Am I the only one who is going to laugh if LC-M wins?

That being said, LC-M beating WO-S is like Central and Ozen beating West Brook. [b]I don't know why LC-M just doesn't recruit WO-S players...[/b]
[/quote]hmmmmm.......

Don't underestimate a player's will to win. WOS is good, but they're not the old WOS. We'll see how LCM rises to the occasion. Hopefully those young kids coming up for LCM understand the bitterness of the rivalry, I feel like they're too young to know.

Bottom line is LCM under Crouch couldn't get in the 4 team playoffs with its best team in years two years back. No way they beat WOS this year or any of the next 3 years with what WOS has coming.
WOS 35+ (outta respect for Crouch)
LCM 7

[quote name="bearfan14" post="1238850" timestamp="1343019314"]
Don't underestimate a player's will to win. [b][/b]WOS is good, but they're not the old WOS.[b][/b]We'll see how LCM rises to the occasion. Hopefully those young kids coming up for LCM understand the bitterness of the rivalry, I feel like they're too young to know.
[/quote]

"they're not the old WOS". Please explain..

I think it depends on what offense we run. Are we coming out running or throwing? If we throw the ball a lot it won't be close, if we run WOS wins in close game (somewhere in the 3-13 point differential). Too many starters back on defensive side of ball. Having a new offensive coordinator could take a little while for offense to get on track. I suspect we will try to get the running game going and be somewhat conservative. Should be great game, looking forward to it.

[quote name="venom33" post="1238975" timestamp="1343061358"]
[quote author=bearfan14 link=topic=101038.msg1238850#msg1238850 date=1343019314]
Don't underestimate a player's will to win. [b][/b]WOS is good, but they're not the old WOS.[b][/b]We'll see how LCM rises to the occasion. Hopefully those young kids coming up for LCM understand the bitterness of the rivalry, I feel like they're too young to know.
[/quote]

[/quote]

the WOS teams with multiple D1 talents on the team at the same time. talent just isn't what it was.. it's still good, but i remember a time when WOS absolutely dominated. talking about the early 2000s

[quote name="bearfan14" post="1240730" timestamp="1343678853"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=101038.msg1238975#msg1238975 date=1343061358]
[quote author=bearfan14 link=topic=101038.msg1238850#msg1238850 date=1343019314]
[/quote]

[/quote]

the WOS teams with multiple D1 talents on the team at the same time. talent just isn't what it was.. it's still good, but i remember a time when WOS absolutely dominated. talking about the early 2000s
[/quote]

This years WO-S squad will have the most D-1 talent on it since the late 80's early 2000's 5 D-1 players and another 2 or 3 juco guys on this years squad.. And only one of those guys is a full-time offensive guy, the rest are going to be apart of that nasty defense

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder