Former WOS coach Toby Foreman applies for Jasper job

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1203206" timestamp="1332967207"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Former-WO-S-coach-Toby-Foreman-applies-for-Jasper-3441602.php

Would be my choice.

Hope he gets it!!
[/quote]

I think he would fit what folks are looking for in Jasper and he looks to put down the stakes that many are looking for.

You never know who will apply, and what qualifications they will bring.  But for sure, it will be tough to top Toby's credentials.  That was a very positive article for him.  I think he clearly wants to be at Jasper above many other places and that is very important for Jasper.  I know that he has had a deep interest in the Jasper job for years and I believe that he would be in it for the long haul at Jasper.

I really liked what he said in the article:

"I am going to stick around for a long period of time if I get the job," Foreman said. "My priority is kids first, winning second."

He clearly had the WO-S track kids respond to him in a very positive manner; as evidenced by three state track championships in a row.  That is hard to accomplish at any level.  He is from a winning program and knows how to win.  I agree that he would be an excellent choice for Jasper.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1203433" timestamp="1332995688"]
You never know who will apply, and what qualifications they will bring.  But for sure, it will be tough to top Toby's credentials.  That was a very positive article for him.  I think he clearly wants to be at Jasper above many other places and that is very important for Jasper.  I know that he has had a deep interest in the Jasper job for years and I believe that he would be in it for the long haul at Jasper.

"I am going to stick around for a long period of time if I get the job," Foreman said. "My priority is kids first, winning second."

He clearly had the WO-S track kids respond to him in a very positive manner; as evidenced by three state track championships in a row.  That is hard to accomplish at any level.  He is from a winning program and knows how to win.  I agree that he would be an excellent choice for Jasper.
[/quote]

J_Dog , I may even let him have my "lucky" Jasper shirt if he gets it.......... ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1203436" timestamp="1332996052"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=98219.msg1203433#msg1203433 date=1332995688]

[/quote]

J_Dog , I may even let him have my "lucky" Jasper shirt if he gets it.......... ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
u gotta be kidding!  ;D  if he thought you were pulling for him, he might withdraw his application.  :(

[quote name="bigdog" post="1203490" timestamp="1333028337"]
Wow!  Going over to the enemy!  lol.   
[/quote]

LOL! Interestingly enough, when he spoke to me a couple of weeks back, he and I kidded about that very fact.  But he sincerely sees Jasper as a mirror image of West Orange-Stark in the matter of potential and, yes, its challenges.  And he is willing to take on those challenges without complaint.  Right or wrong, that has seemed to have been an issue with past applicants and coaches in Jasper and I would think that Jasper at this point would be looking for someone where that game wouldn't have to be played.

Sounds more like someone is looking at facts and not just listening to his heart.  How is he the most qualified??? Do we have a list???  I can appreciate what Toby has done in track.  Even though you have SIX of the fastest kids in 3A, you still have to put them in the right place and drive the bus.

[quote name="football" post="1203567" timestamp="1333036988"]
Sounds more like someone is looking at facts and not just listening to his heart.  How is he the most qualified??? Do we have a list???  I can appreciate what Toby has done in track.  Even though you have SIX of the fastest kids in 3A, you still have to put them in the right place and drive the bus.
[/quote]

Nah.  If I was speaking from the heart, I'd say screw Jasper and tell him to bide his time up at Texas High until Coach Thompson retires and just come and take the WO-S job.

Toby would turn the Bulldog program around. He also puts just as much emphasis on other sports besides football too. As an AD, thats what you want. His "discipline first, winning second" is a direct result of playing for and coaching with Hooks and Thompson at WOS. He would be the correct selection for the job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86