Lumberton Raider offense

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="1232553" timestamp="1340509026"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=97758.msg1232363#msg1232363 date=1340404864]
Just wondering Lumberton's all-time record and if they have ever won district in football?
[/quote]
Don't know the all time record H-D, but as far as district, Lumberton one in a 3 way tie with PNG and Dayton.
[/quote]

And wasn't that the year that Lumberton beat LaMarque in the playoffs - a feat that very few schools in this area have achieved?

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1232571" timestamp="1340546368"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=97758.msg1232553#msg1232553 date=1340509026]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=97758.msg1232363#msg1232363 date=1340404864]
Just wondering Lumberton's all-time record and if they have ever won district in football?
[/quote]
Don't know the all time record H-D, but as far as district, Lumberton one in a 3 way tie with PNG and Dayton.
[/quote]

And wasn't that the year that Lumberton beat LaMarque in the playoffs - a feat that very few schools in this area have achieved?
[/quote]

You should have seen the faces on the LaMarque coach's and player's faces...definitely not expected. It was priceless!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1232576" timestamp="1340547923"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=97758.msg1232571#msg1232571 date=1340546368]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=97758.msg1232553#msg1232553 date=1340509026]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You should have seen the faces on the LaMarque coach's and player's faces...definitely not expected. It was priceless!
[/quote]

I was there.  I saw the pomposity by the Cougars in warm ups.  I saw their frustrated play through-out the game. And I saw their classless behaviour after the game.  I can never be a fan of LaMarque because of what I saw that night.  And by the way - damn good tail gate party before the game Raider Fans.

[quote name="Raider81" post="1227604" timestamp="1338487745"]
High School football (or any other high school sport or activity) is not like a professional sport in that they can hire the players according to their strengths and make them fit their particular plan of attack.  In high school sports, one must work with the players who show up wanting to be a part of the team.  Types of offense, defense and every other part of the game are based on those players.  A coach can't decide to run X type of offense, just for grins and giggles.  He has zero chance of success that way.  Just because Lumberton has been struggling doesn't mean Credeur is a poor coach making poor decisions.

Lumberton has mostly struggled, history being what it is.  I think a huge part of the answer is the lack of tradition building in Lumberton.  At PNG, indoctrination into the tribe begins early.  Kindergartners don't change their color when they've talked in class.  They move their feather!  We have no traditions in Lumberton. 

Honestly, having kids in high school now, I can tell you that part of the problem is that the school has become too rigid in what is allowed and what isn't.  School in Lumberton has no fun, no joy.  There's no pride because it's not allowed to be celebrated.  The student body doesn't have the heart, because it was never given to them and is not encouraged in any way, shape or form. 

[b]I couldn't wait to get my kids out of BISD when they were little and into Lumberton,[/b] but I have been highly disappointed.  Apathy in our schools runs rampant, both in the student body and in the faculty.  It's sad.
[/quote]Maybe that's the problem.  They would have been winning at West Brook.

[quote name="Red and Blue" post="1232556" timestamp="1340521102"]
Lumberton was in a 3 way tie with PNG and dayton in the 07-08 season, they also won the district outright in 08-09.
[/quote]

Who was our Offensive Coordinator back then ?
and Where is he now ?

He really knew how to keep the defense on their heels . He had a good balanced attack

I have to agree with the notion that the Lumberton offense as ran last year was not to there advantage as it might have been in another district.

We played Livingston 1st district game and struggled, faced Lumberton a few weeks later and did much better then faced Vidor late in the season and looked like a team that new what it was doing against the misdiraction running attack.  3+ weeks of preparation was a plus.
Same thing happened the year before. Livingston gave us fits right outta the box, then Vidor our boys looked better prepared and finally against BH in the playoffs they looked solid.

It really doesn't matter that the offenses are different, the fact is they are built around misdirection and learning the hard way early on not to take the bait is big advantage later in the season.

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1233063" timestamp="1340828912"]
[quote author=DirkDiggler link=topic=97758.msg1232936#msg1232936 date=1340750927]
Coach Creduir is the oc has been and will continue to be.
[/quote]

Wrong ! Randy Rowe (Liv) & Jeff Mathews (Vid) are OC's for Lumberton .
[/quote]
Now that FUNNY!! ;D

The answer is easier than the current high school OC.  Some levels of STJFL field as many as three teams per age group from Lumberton.  Most of the other schools that are represented in Lumberton's district field 2 or three teams as well.  Since Lumberton has only one Junior High, you condense two or three teams worth of talent into one team, while Port Neches AND Groves field multiple teams... Nederland fields multiple teams, too. 

Each of those teams continues to develop multiple layers of talent, and eventually merge to form a high school unit from the best kids from as many as four 8th grade teams.  The kids from Lumberton are at a disadvantage because they don't get to develop in practice and games, up to the point that a lot of good kids give up over lack of involvement before they ever develop into their full potential.  There really isn't a good solution for that problem.

Lots of empty seats on the L-train these days, btw....

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1233069" timestamp="1340831403"]
The answer is easier than the current high school OC.  Some levels of STJFL field as many as three teams per age group from Lumberton.  Most of the other schools that are represented in Lumberton's district field 2 or three teams as well.  Since Lumberton has only one Junior High, you condense two or three teams worth of talent into one team, while Port Neches AND Groves field multiple teams... Nederland fields multiple teams, too. 

Each of those teams continues to develop multiple layers of talent, and eventually merge to form a high school unit from the best kids from as many as four 8th grade teams.  The kids from Lumberton are at a disadvantage because they don't get to develop in practice and games, up to the point that a lot of good kids give up over lack of involvement before they ever develop into their full potential.  There really isn't a good solution for that problem.

Lots of empty seats on the L-train these days, btw....
[/quote]

Real good analysis!!!  This happened with my sons class.  There were 65+ kids playing in Junior High and they had an A & B team.  45+ kids were on the freshman team.  I think 20 seniors played football out of that class.

[quote name="badndn" post="1233064" timestamp="1340829066"]
I have to agree with the notion that the Lumberton offense as ran last year was not to there advantage as it might have been in another district.

We played Livingston 1st district game and struggled, faced Lumberton a few weeks later and did much better then faced Vidor late in the season and looked like a team that new what it was doing against the misdiraction running attack.  3+ weeks of preparation was a plus.
Same thing happened the year before. Livingston gave us fits right outta the box, then Vidor our boys looked better prepared and finally against BH in the playoffs they looked solid.

It really doesn't matter that the offenses are different, the fact is they are built around misdirection and learning the hard way early on not to take the bait is big advantage later in
the season.
[/quote]

B-I-N-G-O !

[quote name="badndn" post="1233064" timestamp="1340829066"]

It really doesn't matter that the offenses are different, the fact is they are built around misdirection and learning the hard way early on not to take the bait is big advantage later in the season.
[/quote]
You can't really argue with that. Great points.

Ok, weve all had our opinions on the offense from last year. So, if the "T" isnt what everyone thinks Lumberton should run, which offense then? Remember, there will be new starting QB, just not sure which one. Definitely will have to structure it around his strengths.

[quote name="Once a Raider" post="1233475" timestamp="1341077212"]
Ok, weve all had our opinions on the offense from last year. So, if the "T" isnt what everyone thinks Lumberton should run, which offense then? Remember, there will be new starting QB, just not sure which one. Definitely will have to structure it around his strengths.
[/quote]

A offense that is not so familiar to our district opponents !
No spread and NOo0 T !

This reminds me of a few years back when Mathews changed the Vidor offense to the slot t and he had several fans in uproar. Saying that they should let him go and what was he thinking and a lot of other things. Now look at him. Just took his team from 2-8 to 10-3 and won 4A coach of the year in DC magazine.

....just sayin'

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1233705" timestamp="1341277183"]
This reminds me of a few years back when Mathews changed the Vidor offense to the slot t and he had several fans in uproar. Saying that they should let him go and what was he thinking and a lot of other things. Now look at him. Just took his team from 2-8 to 10-3 and won 4A coach of the year in DC magazine.

....just sayin'
[/quote]

Thanks for that comment '2cents...some people don't get it.  I'll bet Jeff will tell you a lot of his success depends not only on his offensive AND defensive strategy, but also the strengths of his players...the kids that have to go out each Friday night and turn you into a hero or a zero.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1233785" timestamp="1341341784"]
Thanks for that comment '2cents...some people don't get it.  I'll bet Jeff will tell you a lot of his success depends not only on his offensive AND defensive strategy, but also the strengths of his players...the kids that have to go out each Friday night and turn you into a hero or a zero.
[/quote]
Could not have said it better myself smashmouth.

raidernaytion....If you sat down and shared your "knowledge" with the Lumberton coaches or any varsity coach  it would take you about five minutes to realize how much you don't know. That goes for anyone who has not coached the game at the varsity level. The level that these guys know the game and the terminology they use would blow you away. They could educate you on the difference in run oriented offenses...the Wing T and Slot T are NOT the same offenses, even though to your "trained" eye they seem to be. How about supporting your team and coaches instead of showing your butt. I hope you don't have a kid on the team, because if you do, I am sure you have poisoned him with your negativity toward his coaches. If you would talk to coaches in our district they would tell you that Lumberton has a good coaching staff and that your teams are well-coached.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder