Lumberton Raider offense

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1201913" timestamp="1332723087"]
[quote author=Once a Raider link=topic=97758.msg1201890#msg1201890 date=1332717865]
LOL...No RaiderNaytion, im not the coach...Just a former player, who still bleeds columbia blue and red !!
[/quote] No harm meant ! I just dont like the copycat aspect of our offense. There is something about mimicking other teams offenses . Why can't we find our own way ?
[/quote]
How many teams run the spread? It's not copycatting, it a base offense and you develope around your strenghts. Maybe you should give it a little more time to develope. Just because you struggled last season doesn't mean you will this season. My junior year we went from the power I to the run and shoot and finished 4-6. My senior year with the run and shoot we finished 7-3, 5-2 in district and our loses were by 6, 3 and 6.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually we are on the same path as Livingston & Vidor for that matter . Both started out their offensive scheme with the single wing & wing T .We ran many plays out of the Slot T last year . Just not against Vidor . We practice Vidor plays directly off of your scouting films .[quote name="vp32" post="1201914" timestamp="1332723227"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1201913#msg1201913 date=1332723087]
[quote author=Once a Raider link=topic=97758.msg1201890#msg1201890 date=1332717865]
LOL...No RaiderNaytion, im not the coach...Just a former player, who still bleeds columbia blue and red !!
[/quote] No harm meant ! I just dont like the copycat aspect of our offense. There is something about mimicking other teams offenses . Why can't wedind our own way ?
[/quote]
Technically you didn't mimic the offense of any other team. You may have adopted something similar but its not the exact same thing as any other teams offense.
[/quote]

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1201922" timestamp="1332724092"]
Actually we are on the same path as Livingston & Vidor for that matter . Both started out their offensive scheme with the single wing & wing T .We ran many plays out of the Slot T last year . Just not against Vidor . We practice Vidor plays directly off of your scouting films .[quote author=vp32 link=topic=97758.msg1201914#msg1201914 date=1332723227]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1201913#msg1201913 date=1332723087]
[/quote] No harm meant ! I just dont like the copycat aspect of our offense. There is something about mimicking other teams offenses . Why can't wedind our own way ?
[/quote]
Technically you didn't mimic the offense of any other team. You may have adopted something similar but its not the exact same thing as any other teams offense.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Practicing plays in practice and copying off of the scouting film isn't the same as running it in games. And i know you ran some plays from the slot t last year. We ran some plays from the spread offense but that doesn't mean we run the spread.

And idk about livingston but we didn't progress into the slot t. We jumped into it.

Actually, last years QB just wasn't as strong in passing as the previous year. My hope is that this years QB will have a good arm and a good head on his shoulders. Hopefully will have some good hands at receiver too, that way a more balanced game can be played. A coach has to use what his teams strengths are, it's that simple.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="1202631" timestamp="1332876862"]
Actually, last years QB just wasn't as strong in passing as the previous year. My hope is that this years QB will have a good arm and a good head on his shoulders. Hopefully will have some good hands at receiver too, that way a more balanced game can be played. A coach has to use what his teams strengths are, it's that simple.
[/quote]

I wish that you were right oldtimer but I have heard differently .
I have several sources from within the program and from what I hear Crueder is going all in on this offense . He plans on making a long term commitment to the running game . So don't get your hopes up . We will not be switching back to our real offense anytime soon .

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1203236" timestamp="1332971178"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=97758.msg1202631#msg1202631 date=1332876862]
[/quote]

I wish that you were right oldtimer but I have heard differently .
I have several sources from within the program and from what I hear Crueder is going all in on this offense . He plans on making a long term commitment to the running game . So don't get your hopes up . We will not be switching back to our real offense anytime soon .
[/quote]
::)

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="1202631" timestamp="1332876862"]
[/quote]

A team that runs this style of offense is not always looking to put the best arm @ QB . Just Saying !

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1203311" timestamp="1332983176"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=97758.msg1202631#msg1202631 date=1332876862]
[/quote]

A team that runs this style of offense is not always looking to put the best arm @ QB . Just Saying !
[/quote]
I hate to break it to ya man but being a qb is not all about how good your arm is.  ::)

[quote name="vp32" post="1203329" timestamp="1332984678"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1203311#msg1203311 date=1332983176]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I hate to break it to ya man but being a qb is not all about how good your arm is.  ::)
[/quote]
hmmm. Tebow comes to mind.

[quote name="vp32" post="1203329" timestamp="1332984678"]
Hey vp32 , Did you even read raideroldtimers' post . That's the post that I am replying to. You didn't read what he posted , did you ? Nope , you did not . Your hopeless ! Just hopeless. [quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1203311#msg1203311 date=1332983176]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1203447" timestamp="1332997844"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=97758.msg1203329#msg1203329 date=1332984678]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1203311#msg1203311 date=1332983176]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
hmmm. Tebow comes to mind.
[/quote]
8)

Any offense can be good. It helps to have great athletes in the offense, but all offenses are good.
Vidor in the wing t and nasty slot did a great job last year and that is very similar to the Dead T. If you can line up in a Dead T or even a wing t and run a buck sweep to perfection you are almost unstoppable. Lockhart did it 3 years ago with some of the worst talent in the state of Texas. They went from 0-10 to I believe 8-2 and a playoff team.
Plus with teams lining up in the 4-2-5 now, they have to switch personnel for that one week to be big enough up front for the downhill attack.
One last example is Liberty Hill, the won a few state Championships, in some wild formations, with no one flanked out.

This entire debate started not because of the offense itself but the number of teams running it in the same district. Your arguments are good but circumstances are different w/ three teams running it .                                                                                1. 1. Teams that run 4-2-5 or any other defense might have to change personal packages for one game in your scenario but in a district that has three teams running this offense one week becomes three weeks . At this point it becomes fundamental.

2. I can attest to the fact that neither Lockhart or Liberty Hill had any other teams in their district running the same offense as them (in their district)

[quote name="fireinthehole" post="1204356" timestamp="1333146645"]
Any offense can be good. It helps to have great athletes in the offense, but all offenses are good.
Vidor in the wing t and nasty slot did a great job last year and that is very similar to the Dead T. If you can line up in a Dead T or even a wing t and run a buck sweep to perfection you are almost unstoppable. Lockhart did it 3 years ago with some of the worst talent in the state of Texas. They went from 0-10 to I believe 8-2 and a playoff team.
Plus with teams lining up in the 4-2-5 now, they have to switch personnel for that one week to be big enough up front for the downhill attack.
One last example is Liberty Hill, the won a few state Championships, in some wild formations, with no one flanked out.
[/quote]

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1204697" timestamp="1333204748"]
This entire debate started not because of the offense itself but the number of teams running it in the same district. Your arguments are good but circumstances are different w/ three teams running it .                                                                                1. 1. Teams that run 4-2-5 or any other defense might have to change personal packages for one game in your scenario but in a district that has three teams running this offense one week becomes three weeks . At this point it becomes fundamental.

2. I can attest to the fact that neither Lockhart or Liberty Hill had any other teams in their district running the same offense as them (in their district)

[quote author=fireinthehole link=topic=97758.msg1204356#msg1204356 date=1333146645]
[/quote]
[/quote]
And you aren't running the same offense as us and Livingston so what's your point?

There is no helping you vp32 . Your ate up with it ! [quote name="vp32" post="1204700" timestamp="1333205178"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1204697#msg1204697 date=1333204748]

[quote author=fireinthehole link=topic=97758.msg1204356#msg1204356 date=1333146645]
[/quote]
[/quote]
And you aren't running the same offense as us and Livingston so what's your point?
[/quote]

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1204738" timestamp="1333213191"]
There is no helping you vp32 . Your ate up with it ! [quote author=vp32 link=topic=97758.msg1204700#msg1204700 date=1333205178]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=97758.msg1204697#msg1204697 date=1333204748]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
The same could be said about you man.  ::)

Just got back from the combine at Crosby High School... lots of good looking athletes there.  Lumberton Junior Garrett Bourque looked very good ... running 4.43 in the 40 and 4.09 in the shuttle... good job buddy.  Can't wait to see you on the Football field.  Credeur will have the team ready to play (no matter what the offense)

Raidernaytion, the coaches make the necessary decisions on what offense to run based on the strengths and weaknesses of their players. You must have faith in them that they realize what they have and what they must do to put the kids in the best positions to succeed on the field. Believe me, they do not want to lose no more than we as a community want to see them lose! I am behind them and their decisions to run whatever offense they see best gives them this success even though I do not always agree either. As long as we stand behind them and the boys and work together from our feeder programs through the varsity level you will see improvement and also changes in tendencies along the way.

Sometimes a coach runs a certain offense to slow down the tempo of the game if their defense is a little suspect.  Could that be the case?  I coached in a district where at one point in the season; 3 of the teams were ranked in the top 5 in the state.  Two of those teams ran the same offense, the Wing T. We were the other team.  Come to think of it, 3 of the 6 teams in district ran the Wing T.  I coached on the defensive side of the ball and no matter how much you prep for the buck sweep/trap and the GT, if it is run right it is hard to stop, especially if you run some play action with it.  Let your the coach do his thing, he knows what personnel he has!  No offense was ever created to fail. Every play of every offense is designed to score, and every defense lines up with the percentages to stop those plays.  Execution of those plays and developing players skills on the field and in the weight room are what win games. 

[quote name="1293" post="1206869" timestamp="1333648592"]
Sometimes a coach runs a certain offense to slow down the tempo of the game if their defense is a little suspect.  Could that be the case?  I coached in a district where at one point in the season; 3 of the teams were ranked in the top 5 in the state.  Two of those teams ran the same offense, the Wing T. We were the other team.  Come to think of it, 3 of the 6 teams in district ran the Wing T.  I coached on the defensive side of the ball and no matter how much you prep for the buck sweep/trap and the GT, if it is run right it is hard to stop, especially if you run some play action with it.  Let your the coach do his thing, he knows what personnel he has!  No offense was ever created to fail. Every play of every offense is designed to score, and every defense lines up with the percentages to stop those plays.  Execution of those plays and developing players skills on the field and in the weight room are what win games.
[/quote]
Great post!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder