Jasper Head Football Coach leaving!!!!!wow

Whatcha wanna bet Carthage is doing the same thing!!!

Sounds like someone internal that had probably been conspiring against him for a while ratted him out and he just had enough. By internal, it could be a parent, teacher, student, admin, etc...

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgan said this was the same program carthage was doing and he believed it was a key to the success for the entire athletic program..remember they won state in football and baseball..I havent heard anyone ratted him out but I have heard from three different coaches that he required them to be at the  field house at 6:30 every morning.  I did hear that another demand he made was that the coaches recieve extra pay for the summer work out program. Im on the fence on that one because teachers do not get paid extra for after school tuturing..I actually liked the before school program guess he was walking a gray line some how some way..

Tomorrow thursday at noon the school board will meet with morgan in a closed session with out the presence of the superintendant or the personal director (admin's).  This will be interesting, I have recieved 20+ email and texts this evening about meeting at the admin building at 9:30 to show support for coach morgan..Many people including myself are wondering if he is pulling a political stunt to get his way if so he has lost all credability in my eyes...

can interested fans sit in?  ;D

I am glad to hear that the Board will be meeting with Morgan without "management" present.  If Morgan has legitimate issues to raise, and has been unable to get them resolved working through channels, perhaps this will help clear the air.  A school board should not try to micro-manage the admin, but ultimately the board is responsible for what happens in the district.  no telling where this will all end up.  I do not expect it to happen, but if the Board should override the administration, it would not be the first time in the history of Jasper ISD.

Very interesting that this meeting is scheduled. However, even if things turned around now, it would be a whole different attitude around town about Morgan. Support would go from 95 to probably 50 %. They need to get the mess settled either way.

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="1200368" timestamp="1332420143"]
Very interesting that this meeting is scheduled. However, even if things turned around now, it would be a whole different attitude around town about Morgan. Support would go from 95 to probably 50 %. They need to get the mess settled either way.
[/quote]
true.  in the "old days" before instant communication, this could have been handled in a more private manner.  but it needs to be resolved quickly in some manner, join forces, and go forward.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1200324" timestamp="1332386576"]
Morgan said this was the same program carthage was doing and he believed it was a key to the success for the entire athletic program..remember they won state in football and baseball..I havent heard anyone ratted him out but I have heard from three different coaches that he required them to be at the  field house at 6:30 every morning.  [b]I did hear that another demand he made was that the coaches recieve extra pay for the summer work out program. Im on the fence on that one because teachers do not get paid extra for after school tuturing[/b]..I actually liked the before school program guess he was walking a gray line some how some way..
[/quote]

Coaches should get paid for summer workouts IMO. Teachers don't really work in the summer or spend time at the school on weekends doing work. Coaches spend more time at school facilities then they do at home. You must not know much about the coaching profession trying to compare their hours to normal teachers hours.

[quote name="cat001" post="1200410" timestamp="1332424866"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=97736.msg1200324#msg1200324 date=1332386576]
Morgan said this was the same program carthage was doing and he believed it was a key to the success for the entire athletic program..remember they won state in football and baseball..I havent heard anyone ratted him out but I have heard from three different coaches that he required them to be at the  field house at 6:30 every morning.  [b]I did hear that another demand he made was that the coaches recieve extra pay for the summer work out program. Im on the fence on that one because teachers do not get paid extra for after school tuturing[/b]..I actually liked the before school program guess he was walking a gray line some how some way..
[/quote]

Coaches should get paid for summer workouts IMO. Teachers don't really work in the summer or spend time at the school on weekends doing work. Coaches spend more time at school facilities then they do at home. You must not know much about the coaching profession trying to compare their hours to normal teachers hours.
[/quote]

No I do understand the time the coaches put in, when talking to a friend yesterday who his wife teaches and is one who tutors athletes after school every day except on fridays. IDK its like I said I'm on the fence its hard to do for one when you dont do for all..

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1200387" timestamp="1332422726"]
Candidates is an interesting topic.....I hear Bickham is available  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

pirateguy should instantly be banned as he just blasphemed! LOL, just joking, but even mentioning Bickham was cruel.  ;D 

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="1200453" timestamp="1332430509"]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=97736.msg1200387#msg1200387 date=1332422726]
Candidates is an interesting topic.....I hear Bickham is available  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

pirateguy should instantly be banned as he just blasphemed! LOL, just joking, but even mentioning Bickham was cruel.  ;D
[/quote]

Lol. I'll banhammer myself for it.

[quote name="wife" post="1200563" timestamp="1332446321"]
Why are fans there to support a man who is choosing to leave?
[/quote]
because we do not yet know the real "true story" yet.  if the coach was screwed over, then the fans will be behind him.  otherwise, no.  right now, we just want to know the truth.  and this meeting just might get some of the truth out in the open.

Well, seems like we are all going to get the old silent treatment now. Nobody can say anything. They could say " we are working on it", or " he is set on leaving", or something to let the people and kids know where the process lies. All we know is the school board is meeting again Monday or Tuesday. They have to know something and honestly I feel the kids and the community have the right to know whatever there is to know. JMHO

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="1200647" timestamp="1332454860"]
Well, seems like we are all going to get the old silent treatment now. Nobody can say anything. They could say " we are working on it", or " he is set on leaving", or something to let the people and kids know where the process lies. All we know is the school board is meeting again Monday or Tuesday. They have to know something and honestly I feel the kids and the community have the right to know whatever there is to know. JMHO
[/quote]

I doubt that anyone will hear anything official or otherwise from this meeting, which looked to be an informal one anyway, until there is an acceptance or refusal to accept Coach Morgan's resignation letter.

Well, he was an AD/Head football and being AD doesn't mean you will be at every varsity sport game. I am not taking up for him, just saying I know a lot of AD's that do just as he did. They cant be everywhere all the time. As for trying to kill the kids by working them to death, all the kids I know liked him and played for him. I am not particularly pleased with the way he has handled this, but I do not know all the reasons, so I will reserve judgment on that. Overall, he did improve things in many ways and bring in some good coaches. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho