Jasper Head Football Coach leaving!!!!!wow

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's assume spreadguy7 could be right,it doesn't Explain all the coaches Jasper has went through in the past 10 years. Something has to be up on the inside. I believe you might hire one or maybe 2 bad coaches but this is just getting ridiculous. It's becoming normal to lose coaches rather then normal to keep one and that's just insane in itself.

Guest Fancy
[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1199405" timestamp="1332209192"]
I keep reading the same things...

Last 10 years...

Administration....

Who could this be...
[/quote]

who are you talking about?

Jasper ISD was going to require some of the football coaches to teach in the classroom. Some of the coaches had not been teaching and Jasper ISD needed that to happen to make things work. Some of the coaches, including Morgan, did not want to change, therefore he resigned and others will follow.

I find it very difficult to understand that a 3A school had multiple coaches not teaching in the classroom. I do not see where this is that much to ask of these coaches. I understand though that some of these coaches had never had to teach in previous jobs and was told they wouldn't have to in Jasper.

Sounds like a complete mess to me.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1199182" timestamp="1332182496"]
[quote author=Jbdfan link=topic=97736.msg1199170#msg1199170 date=1332181136]
I just heard he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Would make more sense.
[/quote]

Well, if you are a Godfather fan like I am, you could take that "offer he couldn't refuse" in a couple of ways. ;)
[/quote]

Watch out for a horse head in the bed!!! ;D

[quote name="Bulldog92" post="1199436" timestamp="1332212692"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=97736.msg1199434#msg1199434 date=1332212544]
[/quote]

Agreed. Does anyone come to mind that can deal with such harsh (sarcasm) demands and make things right? I'm at a loss...
[/quote]

I say give Toby Foreman a chance.

If I didn't know a lot of these guys playing for Jasper I don't know if I would want to watch Jasper football anymore. A lot of these guys are my friends but its like a soap opera in Jasper and its to the point now where all I have is College and NFL. Today has been one sad day.

1. The OC that was asked to teach was Morgan's brother, he didnt like that..
2. He wanted several coaches out of the class room and full time coaches...
(I personally have never known a coach in jasper to not teach except the HC and AD..) What would a coach do during the day play golf? they only have two work out periods in the field house..Some of the coaches that teach, teach PE and are only there for 3 periods..come on.

Coach Brooks= left for tyler after about 3 years
Coach Lauve= stayed for about 5 years (best years we ever had) left for 5a
Coach Brooks= came back coached couple of yrs and has stayed with district.
Coach Bicham= lead program in wrong direction (the inmates ran the prison)
Coach Morgan= 1 year..has program turned around in every area, great coach.

I think we need to look for someone with jasper ties that maybe has parents here or went to school here..(coach Mixon and our baseball program is a good example)
Next coach will have a great team to work with and will be successful..

It will be interesting how this plays out.  I remember one young coach that Jasper had tender his resignation ended up staying for several more years.  As I remember, the Board refused to accept his resignation, and the hs principal ended up leaving instead.  Beware those good young coaches! 

I never got to meet Coach Morgan, or even watch a Jasper game last Fall so I have no knowledge except what I have read here.  I am saddened by all this for sure.

This I feel that I do know.  All school districts in the state are under tremendous financial pressure thanks to the legislature balancing the state budget on the backs of the kids.  Even so called "wealthy" districts have been having to make drastic cuts.  And Jasper certainly does not qualify as being "wealthy".  So I would suspect that any drastic budget moves made by the administration were pretty much forced upon them by under funding by the state.  I could be wrong about this; but unless someone somehow shows us that indeed Jasper is a "wealthy" district rolling in money I think the administration should be given the benefit of the doubt if in fact it was about asking coaches to actually teach classes.  I liked having coaches teach classes when I was in school.  Most of them were pretty good teachers as I remember. 

Best wishes to any and all coaches that are leaving.  If they are as good as they were touted they should have no trouble finding other jobs.

My God...the administration was making educators....educate?!? Fire the administration and make Morgan the superintendent! Making coaches teach is ridiculous! Morgan is justified in leaving!!!  ::) If this is all about other coaches having to teach classes...then this is insane. Last time I checked guys...you coach at a 3A high school....get some perspective on where you really are.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1199437" timestamp="1332212831"]
[quote author=Bulldog92 link=topic=97736.msg1199436#msg1199436 date=1332212692]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=97736.msg1199434#msg1199434 date=1332212544]
[/quote]

Agreed. Does anyone come to mind that can deal with such harsh (sarcasm) demands and make things right? I'm at a loss...
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree.  A young coach who is willing to come back to Southeast Texas and put down roots and be there for a long period of time like Gene Walkoviac (sp).  Having coached a WO-S, he is used to the "demands" and "challenges" of a smaller ISD with regards to responsibilities of coaches.

He would be a great fit and I understand he is VERY interested.

Guest Fancy
[quote name="pirateguy" post="1199460" timestamp="1332219680"]
My God...the administration was making educators....educate?!? Fire the administration and make Morgan the superintendent! Making coaches teach is ridiculous! Morgan is justified in leaving!!!  ::) If this is all about other coaches having to teach classes...then this is insane. Last time I checked guys...you coach at a 3A high school....get some perspective on where you really are.
[/quote]

On the school website; all the coaches are listed in an educational department, so I don't think the "make coaches teach" arguement is true; otherwise why are they already in classes?

Bottom line is administration should never make promises that they cant keep. It is seeming clearer all the time that is exactly what happened. While I agree that in a school our size, coaches should  carry some teaching duties, I also would say that if they came on the premise of not teaching and things changed once you were here, I would feel used and lied to as well. I am pretty sure of where a large part of the issues lie. There is no doubt there are power struggles and problems in the administration and leadership to have had these issues over the last several years. And that is only what has happened in the athletic department. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1199472" timestamp="1332240206"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=97736.msg1199437#msg1199437 date=1332212831]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree.  A young coach who is willing to come back to Southeast Texas and put down roots and be there for a long period of time like Gene Walkoviac (sp).  Having coached a WO-S, he is used to the "demands" and "challenges" of a smaller ISD with regards to responsibilities of coaches.

He would be a great fit and I understand he is VERY interested.
[/quote]

Im with you on that. Except for two reasons, and one being selfish. 1. Im not sure with some of the comments about a power struggle or parents putting pressure on the coaches. Toby is a product of WOS and wont stand for that. His expectations of dicipline and accountability could stir up a hornets nest. Also, he doesnt do the "little johnny has to play" thing. Best 11 diciplined players on the field period. 2nd. It would be hard to root against him if we were playing him. He needs to be in the Blue and Silver. Having a friend coaching an arch rival "though very respected" isnt my cup of tea. lol. All that aside, if they would let him do what he does and keep the politics at a minimum, he would have that team winning immediatly.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1199437" timestamp="1332212831"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dont know him personally but alot of posters on here seem to really like him.. I heard he was one of the finalist last time and he may be a good fit we just need someone to grow roots.  Reguardless of what people think jasper is a great place to raise a family. When you move here you make some sacrafices (like no Mall) but if you like to fish,hunt or play golf come on.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="T-daddy" post="1199443" timestamp="1332214527"]
1. The OC that was asked to teach was Morgan's brother, he didnt like that..
2. He wanted several coaches out of the class room and full time coaches...
(I personally have never known a coach in jasper to not teach except the HC and AD..) What would a coach do during the day play golf? they only have two work out periods in the field house..Some of the coaches that teach, teach PE and are only there for 3 periods..come on.

Coach Brooks= left for tyler after about 3 years
Coach Lauve= stayed for about 5 years (best years we ever had) left for 5a
Coach Brooks= came back coached couple of yrs and has stayed with district.
Coach Bicham= lead program in wrong direction (the inmates ran the prison)
Coach Morgan= 1 year..has program turned around in every area, great coach.

I think we need to look for someone with jasper ties that maybe has parents here or went to school here..(coach Mixon and our baseball program is a good example)
Next coach will have a great team to work with and will be successful..
[/quote]

It is not uncommon for OC's and DC's to have "light" teaching loads. 2-3 classes out of 7. Some spend time at the junior highs working with their "feeder" athletes, teaching the high school way of doing things.

Football is king and it's good to be the king.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder