Jasper Head Football Coach leaving!!!!!wow

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="shooter" post="1199219" timestamp="1332186569"]
Don't forget, School Boards usually meet on Monday nights if one the post is correct, that he has landed something else.
[/quote]

Would the Jasper ISD and school board not let Morgan out of his contract so that he could be hired elsewhere? ;)

I'm friends on Facebook with members of the football boosters and they are just as torn as everyone else. One says its coach Morgans fault and he wasn't a good guy and the other half says its the administrations fault. I met coach Morgan and he seemed like a stand up guy. I wouldn't think the administration would let him out of it to go coach somewhere else which makes me think its either problem with the administration or in fact there is more to this whole thing then meets the eye.

Interesting....He didn't like the direction of the athletic program? Wasn't he the athletic director? Maybe things got tough and he bailed. "I am heartbroken for the kids" said Morgan, then why is he bailing on them? Leaving them there to "be the ones affected" by this. Interesting. I have no facts and no nothing about what REALLY happened, but by reading the articles....it sounds like he ran. Thoughts? 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1199190" timestamp="1332183179"]
With Morgan leaving and a new hire to come, that will make 4 different AD/HC for Jasper in the last 6 years.

That sounds like more of an administration problem than a personnel one.
[/quote]

Many in Jasper are thinking the same. I was very pleased with what he had done for the kids - more scholarships that I have ever seen in a single year AND fewer kids failing classes.

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1199276" timestamp="1332197554"]
Well I will let it out the bag cause jisd is a joke.i got called this morning and was told that chris coleman wouldnt renew his contract cause jack alvarez wanted to come to jasper.if this is true then chris coleman needs to go and yes every coach is leaving.what phone call I got
[/quote]

I find this one hard to believe considering JISD could've hired Alvarez when Morgan was hired. Something dramatic would've had to have happened in order for this to be true. I could see JISD wanting to wait until next school year to extend and Coach Morgan feeling like he's done a good enough job to be extended now. Maybe that's it...We'll never know the full truth. But, it's kinda fun to speculate.

After talking to multiple people it boils down to 1.) people were still complaining about him being hired 2.) He wasn't being given the full control he was promised and 3.) people were trying to get him fired by reporting him to the UIL for stuff that isn't even an infraction. Again this isn't anything set in stone but from talking to multiple people involved with the program all their answers seem to line up with the theory that Administration was and is the problem and coach Morgan did nothing wrong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder