Jasper Head Football Coach leaving!!!!!wow

Coaching and teaching go together! I understand the AD not teaching,  the kids in Jasper have to suffer once again, and the group that will suffer has the potential to be very good!  Too much inconsistancy over the years have begin to really eat away at a very talented group of young people in Jasper ISD.  Over the years they have lost some fine coaches, coaches that really cared ablout the kids in Jasper, but sometimes the fight to change has failed in that city.  There should have been Championships in Jasper Athletics, minus baseball.  I believe this, that whomever comes in next had better be tough, and willing to take on all the crap that come with being in Jasper athletics.  Now the students are having to drive forward, without a leader what a shame! So much promise! Nothing nothing delivered as usual JASPER. :(

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any of the coaches other than the AD had expectations of no teaching. AggiesAreWe is normally on track, but he doesn't know this administration like some do. It IS NOT just the teaching thing. It is promises unfulfilled, power to be obtained, and fear of losing control due to popularity. There are people in leadership here that have egos much bigger than Morgan's. He was not an ego guy. This is sad. It is just a sad deal. I don't think the board wants to deal with the issues in the administration. People can debate on here all day what happened, but in the end, it  happened. Now the kids have to start all over again.       

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="1199678" timestamp="1332271518"]
I don't think any of the coaches other than the AD had expectations of no teaching. AggiesAreWe is normally on track, but he doesn't know this administration like some do. It IS NOT just the teaching thing. It is promises unfulfilled, power to be obtained, and fear of losing control due to popularity. There are people in leadership here that have egos much bigger than Morgan's. He was not an ego guy. This is sad. It is just a sad deal. I don't think the board wants to deal with the issues in the administration. People can debate on here all day what happened, but in the end, it  happened. Now the kids have to start all over again.     
[/quote]
if that is the case i guess we might have to wait for the egos to retire.  how many years might that be?  no one can work forever!  time to clean house?

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1199684" timestamp="1332271976"]
Garrett Morgan as Jbdfan?
[/quote]

Uh no. Are you kin to the administration in Jasper or something? You sure seem offended at anyone who might consider that to be the problem. As a matter of fact, I am not even close to Morgan and was only around Him a handful of times. Stop assuming.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1199596" timestamp="1332261435"]
[quote author=ctowndawgfan link=topic=97736.msg1199586#msg1199586 date=1332260621]
Read this today. Looks like he really had it headed in the right direction.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?show=localnews&pnpID=974&NewsID=1014571&CategoryID=20207&on=1
[/quote]
Without a doubt, Coach Morgan had it headed in the right direction.  But what does it look like for him now?  The going got tough, and he quit?  It is tough all over right now.  Is his next stop going to be any easier?
[/quote]
Coach Morgan will have a difficult time explaining why he quit. He has created an immature persona that is consistent with his age. Looking from the outside it appears that he wanted "to pick up his toys and go home". There is much more to being AD than coaching.

3 coaches in 4 years... If all these guys were pretty good coaches when they were hired, and there is talent then it's very obvious what the problem is.

I heard today that "multiple people" have turned down the interim tag... This is sad. They can't even get someone to take over from the inside.

That stat looks good until you really look at it Ctowndawgfan....our last 5 coaches were brooks who left for a better job...then we grabbed lauve for 5 years who took us to the state game then left for a 5a job...then Brooks who came back because he missed Jasper so much and bowed out of coaching once his son graduated THEN stayed on with the district...Bickham lets be honest, he was terrible so they nipped him very quickly after two seasons....and now Morgan leaves after a season very abruptly for reasons that are now and possibly forever unknown. I see that as just our two past guys being unstable...not necessarily being upset with our school. Please correct me though. Thoughts Ctowndawg? 

Both are at fault. The JISD Admin should've learned their lesson from hiring Lauve and Bickham. They should have hired someone with ties to the area. I always thought it was a bad idea to hire Morgan. But, trusted that the JISD Admin knew what they were doing. And, I trusted that Morgan would be a professional and at least stick to a two-year contract. Unless he's leaving for health reasons or he was being forced to do something illegal or unethical, there is no good reason why he should have broken his contract, especially at this time of year. If he felt like he needed to leave, then he should have done so in January - very unprofessional on his part.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1199766" timestamp="1332280653"]
Nah my man. I just like to throw around random reasons for him leaving, just like you... And, I like getting folks like yourself all riled up. Looks like I got a rise out of you. I win.  :)
[/quote]

If that is what you call a rise and a win then I see how we could see things very differently. There was no rise, just staing points. I dont see you winning anything either for that matter, but whatever makes you feel good.

Jasper has lost in this situation for the immediate future period. It will take someone very strong mentally and in football to come in and make this transition, but it can be done. it is a black eye for both the school and in some ways Morgan.

[quote name="JB94" post="1199838" timestamp="1332293302"]
Both are at fault. The JISD Admin should've learned their lesson from hiring Lauve and Bickham. They should have hired someone with ties to the area. I always thought it was a bad idea to hire Morgan. But, trusted that the JISD Admin knew what they were doing. And, I trusted that Morgan would be a professional and at least stick to a two-year contract. Unless he's leaving for health reasons or he was being forced to do something illegal or unethical, there is no good reason why he should have broken his contract, especially at this time of year. If he felt like he needed to leave, then he should have done so in January - very unprofessional on his part.
[/quote]

I dont think Lauve was a bad hire, won more games and took us farther than any other coach we ever had. Bickham was not successful but we had several down years of talent..but he wasnt strict enough and alot of good kids didnt want to play in that enviorment...

[quote name="SFAlumberjack13" post="1199831" timestamp="1332292232"]
Talked to someone involved in the program and was told coach Morgan was reported to UIL for having to harsh a workout program. I was told this was a big reason for coach Morgan leaving.
[/quote]

Im not sure of uil rules but i do know players are required to be at the field house at 7am every morning for workouts and they last through first period.  breakfast is delivered to field house for players to eat. I personally thought it was a great workout program all althlets in different programs participated in the workouts even if they didnt play football...

Maybe aggiesweare or wos can shed some light on the uil rules..

I wouldnt think it is against uil rules that would be really stupid and Morgan is not that kind of a person (i think)

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1199786" timestamp="1332286763"]
3 coaches in 4 years... If all these guys were pretty good coaches when they were hired, and there is talent then it's very obvious what the problem is.

I heard today that "multiple people" have turned down the interim tag... This is sad. They can't even get someone to take over from the inside.
[/quote]

no one has been offered the interim tag...you really have an ax to grind against jasper..good luck grinding it against us on the field..welcome back to our district..

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="T-daddy" post="1199866" timestamp="1332298029"]
[quote author=SFAlumberjack13 link=topic=97736.msg1199831#msg1199831 date=1332292232]
Talked to someone involved in the program and was told coach Morgan was reported to UIL for having to harsh a workout program. I was told this was a big reason for coach Morgan leaving.
[/quote]

Im not sure of uil rules but i do know players are required to be at the field house at 7am every morning for workouts and they last through first period.  breakfast is delivered to field house for players to eat. I personally thought it was a great workout program all althlets in different programs participated in the workouts even if they didnt play football...

Maybe aggiesweare or wos can shed some light on the uil rules..

I wouldnt think it is against uil rules that would be really stupid and Morgan is not that kind of a person (i think)
[/quote]
T-Daddy, I don't know a thing about the Jasper program.  BUT, the delivered breakfast thing and UIL regulations just doesn't sound like it's a gee and haw situation.

Here is the regulation from the UIL football manual:

[b]Off -Season ~[/b]

(1) [u]Team Practice[/u]. School teams shall be prohibited from practicing team skills before or after school except during the specified practice dates and during the one allowable period during the school day.
(5) [u]Off-Season Period Limits[/u]. Off-season activities are limited to one regular classroom period (max. 60 minutes) per day within which all suiting out, related activity, and redressing must occur. (See Side by Side Manual for block schedules, etc.)

The kids report at 7am for weights, if they dont show or they are late they are punished by having to carry tires...breakfast is delivered by kitchen to field house Im sure they have to pay..during first period kids work on football outside on pretty days.

whats your opinion wosgrad and how does this differ from other schools workout program. 

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1200036" timestamp="1332346295"]
The kids report at 7am for weights, if they dont show or they are late they are punished by having to carry tires...breakfast is delivered by kitchen to field house Im sure they have to pay..during first period kids work on football outside on pretty days.

whats your opinion wosgrad and how does this differ from other schools workout program.
[/quote]

I think it is pretty clear. 7am is considered "before school". You are not allowed to have before or after school workouts in the off season.

What would be the difference if athletics was the last period of the day and they held them over 30-45 minutes to "feed" them? That's against the rules.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1200036" timestamp="1332346295"]

[/quote]

Well, I am not the UIL so I won't offer an opinion.  I'm just setting out the rules which may apply such as this one which is in the same off-season section as the rules above.  This can be found on page 51 of the UIL Football Manual:
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/manuals/FB-Manual.pdf

(6) [u]Power and/or Weight Lifting[/u]: Off-season athletes whose schools have an athletic period during the school day may not participate on power lifting teams unless weight training is provided for off-season athletes during the in-school-day athletic period. It would also make it a violation for power lifting teams to be limited to athletes or to be required as part of an athlete’s off-season program.

A number of member schools have power lifting or weight lifting clubs. These clubs are involved in weight lifting tournaments or contests throughout the academic year. These guidelines are intended to control a problem that now exists as opposed to encouraging or requiring year-round workouts. It is the intent to insure that the use of summer weight rooms is a strictly voluntary activity on the part of any athlete.

a. Schools may open weight training facilities for general student body use. Schools may NOT open weight training facilities for members of athletic teams only.
b. Supervision of the facility by faculty members is permitted for safety and security purposes. Supervisors may NOT provide specific sport team skills instruction for members of school athletic teams.
[b]c. A schedule of when the weight training facility will be open should be publicized. Schools may NOT set a schedule for members of athletic teams to appear at the facility at a particular time or have a sign-in sheet or check-in list for athletes...[/b]

Also on page 52 of the Manual:

"Schools may make available to the general student body any and all recreational facilities according to local school board policies. [b]Coaches shall not require or coerce members of athletic teams to workout at these facilities at times other than specifically listed in their respective sport plans in the Constitution and Contest Rules.[/b]"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho