Buna vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/H-F wins 6-5!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way that coach at buna keeps pitching his "ace" the kid won't last much longer. He needs to think about arm protection more then just a win. The kid isn't unbreakable but he sure isn't unhittable either. As Blake Hicks showed everyone tonight, whether or not he threw a no hitter through however many innings on Saturday

First off i want to give congrats to Hampshire Fannet for their come back. As far as im concerned Bunas problem is not whos pitching... Thier main concern should be controlling ALL THESE ERRORS!!! Ive watched Buna play over the years and FRANCHISEBALL the ace of Buna was on the mound tonight... All you are doing is making excuses for a loss. Buna lost tonight plain and simple they were out played. They were not out coached, a coach cant prevent errors every game. P.K. , all i have to say is you sure do talk alot about and know alot about the in game scenerios... You must be a kid or a very insecure parent. Anybody that is a Buna fan is disgracing Buna everytime they get on here and talk negative about another team or have something to say about Buna thats not positive... For someone who knows nothing of the game of baseball, besides some 15yr old franchise ball... sure shouldnt be acting like they know who the ace is... Buna has always been a town i have been proud of because we walk the walk not talk the talk.... All of you that are arguing should be a shamed of yourselves... SHOW SOME CLASS... BUNA IS FIRST CLASS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE FIRST CLASS... BTW, Walden you did a great job on the mound as well as Patrick behind the plate... Franklin relax kid just play the game dont worry about the talk you have GREAT potential!  ;D

[quote name="strosfan" post="1187278" timestamp="1330406729"]
First off i want to give congrats to Hampshire Fannet for their come back. As far as im concerned Bunas problem is not whos pitching... Thier main concern should be controlling ALL THESE ERRORS!!! Ive watched Buna play over the years and FRANCHISEBALL the ace of Buna was on the mound tonight... All you are doing is making excuses for a loss. Buna lost tonight plain and simple they were out played. They were not out coached, a coach cant prevent errors every game. P.K. , all i have to say is you sure do talk alot about and know alot about the in game scenerios... You must be a kid or a very insecure parent. Anybody that is a Buna fan is disgracing Buna everytime they get on here and talk negative about another team or have something to say about Buna thats not positive... For someone who knows nothing of the game of baseball, besides some 15yr old franchise ball... sure shouldnt be acting like they know who the ace is... Buna has always been a town i have been proud of because we walk the walk not talk the talk.... All of you that are arguing should be a shamed of yourselves... SHOW SOME CLASS... BUNA IS FIRST CLASS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE FIRST CLASS... BTW, Walden you did a great job on the mound as well as Patrick behind the plate... Franklin relax kid just play the game dont worry about the talk you have GREAT potential!  ;D
[/quote]

Well said. I seen the Patrick kid play last summer. The kids works very hard behind the plate. Alot of energy. And he can pitch and good at it.

I take my previous statement back... Walden is our ace both games he has pitched he was winning or kept it close against a very good team in Silsbee . I was referring to Kolton Clark not being on the mound yet..... He will be a very good pitcher for us this year too. Stosfan I haven't bashed any team or anybody or ran my mouth about how great Buna is or said anything negative about Buna.

Franchiseball idk who you are and didn't mean to point you out but we have alot of talent coming up ... Buna has been known for this sport and will be we have a bright future and present... We need to eliminate errors and try some more young talent... Everyone have q blessed night

It is sad when a young 15 year old freshman is beat-up on by a bunch of lack luster ex-ballplayers who did not have half the talent this kid has got.  Before anyone says it...I am not from Buna...just a person ashamed of how people are acting. To the Freshman pitcher for Buna...you keep it up and keep your chin and don't let any of this junk bother you. To the HF player who hit the bomb...great hit! 

[quote name="HF Bball" post="1187279" timestamp="1330406771"]
The behavior from the Buna dugout is described as taunting.  Their opponent will always be provoked and Buna is putting a target on their back.  It is surprising that a high school coach would allow such behavior.
[/quote]

And they have abuncha angels over in hf.  ::)        I played for the Buna coach and I know what he is about and what the whole mentality of Buna Athletics is RESPECT....We teach that early on up here....they are simply playing baseball...nothing else.....you should be embarassed by the way you are bashing that kid...he is the next big product to come out of Buna.

[quote name="SFA65" post="1187478" timestamp="1330442276"]
[quote author=HF Bball link=topic=96735.msg1187279#msg1187279 date=1330406771]
The behavior from the Buna dugout is described as taunting.  Their opponent will always be provoked and Buna is putting a target on their back.  It is surprising that a high school coach would allow such behavior.
[/quote]

And they have abuncha angels over in hf.  ::)        I played for the Buna coach and I know what he is about and what the whole mentality of Buna Athletics is RESPECT....We teach that early on up here....they are simply playing baseball...nothing else.....you should be embarassed by the way you are bashing that kid...he is the next big product to come out of Buna.
[/quote]I should be embarassed by bashing that kid??  My above post does not mention any kid.  I was referring to the constant heckling, yelling, barking, etc coming from the dugout through 7 innings.

This is insane... Ill start by saying great job pitching by both starters tonight as well as Brooks coming in at the bottom of the seventh and doing a great job. Early in the game Buna did a great job of taking advantage of some H-F errors and making things happen on the base paths. Once Jannise settled in he looked great as usual he does a great job of keeping the ball down and he mixes up his pitches good as well. Wish the Horns would get things going a little earlier in games but hey good teams find a way to win and thats exactly what they did. And since everyone seems to be talking about that freshman pitcher from Buna that kid is going to be really really good he has a great delivery and hides the ball really well. He happened to put one up and over the outside half of the plate and Hicks did exactly what your supposed to do with that ball and thats send it the opposite way. Great job Blake on clutching up in that situation and providing everyone with a thrilling finish. Good luck to Buna along the way I apoligize for some of the comments made by some of our fans after the game.

I'm from HF and over the years I have watched Buna and HF play some really good ball games. HF found away to win last night and that's what you are supposed to do if you want to be considered a contender. Buna has a quallity program and they will be just fine come district time. Great to hear that Hicks is pounding the ball and that the pitching staff is doing their job of keeping their team in the game. Congrats to HF for getting things off to a fast start but don't lose focus because distict is just around the corner. 21AAA has been a quallity baseball district for some time now and adding Buna to the mix will only make the district stronger. Good luck to both teams. GO Horns!

Buna has a very good team and so does HF. Both teams has very good talent on their teams . Buna did play Silsbee very good I would put their efforts right up with every team we have played except LCM LOL man they are good. Hats off to LCM.  Buna needs a little more pitching depth. Witch could come around as the season goes on. I have not seen HF yet this season but are obviously very good also. Good luck to both teams on their season.

It was an exciting game for the spectators.....lots of action with obvious explosive ending.  I don't think either team would be satisfied with how they did, with exception of HF being happy with the W at the end.  Buna struggled to put ball in play consistently with lots of K's and ROE's.  They made good use of BB, HBP, and fielding errors by HF early on.  Buna returned the error favor in later innings with a couple of E's in the field.  Buna  had the better pitching that night, again, with exception of the bomb at the wrong time. Be that as it may, that kid crushed it, got give him credit, and with 2 strikes on him.  Walden pitched an efficient game and while he got hit hard early, he adjusted and put in a good nites work.  The Buna defense for the most part really was in sinc with Walden and had his back most of the game.  Jannise, an obvious competitor himself struggled early on with control and was not as fortunate to have the defense bail him out before several runs were scored.  But he never gave up and managed to keep the game in reach. HF swung the bat up and down the lineup but seemed to mostly hit it to someone.  Seemed to me, to be a very good match up.  I am sure both teams will try to reduce the mistakes next time and give us another fun one to watch.....I look forward to it.

I must be one of the old farts out there, because I really didnt notice a lot bad sportsmanship out there, it just looked like two teams trying to beat the snot out of one another.

[quote name="jenks" post="1187700" timestamp="1330461219"]
Teams like Buna need to realize that they need to leave the Little League antics behind and realize that it makes them look like they have no sportsmanship. I am not sure why coaches let that continue. Play baseball and shut up!
[/quote]I wouldn't consider it unsportsmanlike. I know it was incredibly obnoxious and I'm not sure how the coach handles it every game, but I also think hf was too quiet. The dugout was dead silent until the seventh inning. I know back when I played there was at least one guy ripping your @$$ if you weren't talking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder