Navasota vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/Navasota wins 80-63

WOSgrad

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1185207" timestamp="1330137620"]
[quote author=Jarrod Rodgers link=topic=96631.msg1185202#msg1185202 date=1330137496]
The game has to be over, its been a while since the last score and there was barely any time left, its just a matter of time before someone that knows the score puts it on here
[/quote]And that doesn't sound good.  People don't hurry to post that their team lost.
[/quote]

was about to say the same thing :)

Dont know about the fans but their cheerleaders as a squad did a navasota rattlers chant to taunt the HF side as well as gyrating and making lewd body motions instead of cheering their own fans and team at the conclusion of the game. I have never seen such a display of unsportsmanship and disrespect  exhibited by a group of young ladies who were representing their school except maybe in the movie "bring it On". And to top it off their sponsor appeared to be proud and supportive of her squad and their behavior.

Great Season Horns talk about a roller coaster ride but what a fantastic season through all the adversity and hardship. Congrats to Navasota that is a super young and talented team that is going to keep making noise for the next few years they just could not miss last night one of the best shooting teams I have seen this year from outside and from mid range didnt hardly miss any shots it was crazy. I do have to say what Navasota's cheerleaders did at the end of the game was one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen in High School sports. To spread out in the middle of the court and taunt and ridicule the crowd like that still just blows my mind. I feel horrible for the parents and grandparents that had to watch that crap. I really hope the Navasota administration does something about that. After all that I just have to say I will def be there in person to watch H-J blow Navasota out of the water after that low class rant at the end of the game  ;D

[quote name="monotone" post="1185658" timestamp="1330196377"]
I don't exactly know what they did but was it really that much worse than the fans singing na-na-na goodbye with a minute left on the clock?
[/quote]

If you don't know what they did, wouldnt it be nearly impossible to compare it to na-na-na goodbye with a minute left?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1185679" timestamp="1330197468"]
[quote author=monotone link=topic=96631.msg1185658#msg1185658 date=1330196377]
I don't exactly know what they did but was it really that much worse than the fans singing na-na-na goodbye with a minute left on the clock?
[/quote]

If you don't know what they did, wouldnt it be nearly impossible to compare it to na-na-na goodbye with a minute left?
[/quote]I mean I know they taunted the stands, but is that not somewhat the same thing? I'm not saying that it wasn't tasteless and disrespectful but you have to admit that so was the singing.

[quote name="monotone" post="1185684" timestamp="1330197667"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96631.msg1185679#msg1185679 date=1330197468]
[/quote]

[/quote]I mean I know they taunted the stands, but is that not somewhat the same thing? I'm not saying that it wasn't tasteless and disrespectful but you have to admit that so was the singing.
[/quote]

If it was tasteless and disrespectful, then any other event that occurred doesnt change the fact that it was tasteless and disrepectful.  Wouldn't you agree?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1185744" timestamp="1330200708"]
[quote author=monotone link=topic=96631.msg1185684#msg1185684 date=1330197667]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96631.msg1185679#msg1185679 date=1330197468]
[/quote]

If it was tasteless and disrespectful, then any other event that occurred doesnt change the fact that it was tasteless and disrepectful.  Wouldn't you agree?
[/quote]No I totally agree, I just feel like you shouldn't complain about it so much if you yourself did something of the same degree a week earlier. And to answer hffan5 why is it acceptable for grown men and women to taunt people (and don't say it wasn't taunting because I know "goodbye" wasnt directed towards hf) but when high school cheerleaders do it it becomes a federal offense?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder