Hamshire-Fannett vs. Liberty Game Thread/Liberty wins 39-34!

WOSgrad

[quote name="forum" post="1177437" timestamp="1329190321"]
Outcoached? Give me a break. 24 from Liberty got hot and hit some tough shots with a hand in her face in the first half. Liberty's coach knew they were outmatched at the guard position, but could defend the post and rebound which is why they played a 2-3 all night. HF missed a lot of shots and rarely got an offensive board because of it. HF's coach made a great adjustment at half. They denied 24 everywhere and made a run at a 14 point deficit. They played man-to-man very well. When 14 and 24 from Liberty drove, they played help defense and rotated...the sign of a well coached team. Liberty made their free throws in the 4th quarter, and HF just couldn't put another 5-6 point run together in the 4th.
[/quote]
You do realize number 24 is a guard so don't tell me HF outmatched them at guard everyone saw who the best player on the court was. And maybe if HF didn't wait till halftime to start coaching they would have won so yeah I'd say you were out coached, it wasn't a fluke, they beat district champion by 20 and only had 3 district losses

[quote name="Sportsman5" post="1177473" timestamp="1329192532"]
Fannett is a heck of a team, losing in the 1st round to a down liberty team uncalled for, this fannett team is a yr older this yr and last yr they went farther in the playoffs!!
[/quote]
Do any of you watch basketball? Down liberty team? They return almost very player from a 2 round deep district championship team they only had 3 district losses and they beat the district champ by 20! How are they down!?

[quote name="Gojira" post="1177559" timestamp="1329227803"]
HF was [b]clearly[/b] the better team in this matchup and I think they played the second half, not the first. Either way congrats on the win Liberty and good luck in the next round.
[/quote]
Yeah HF was [b]CLEARLY[/b] the better team, I mean look at the scoreboard.  8)

I saw the highlight reel last night on KFDM & I have a question. I have attended the Barbers Hill Christmas Classic a few times and last night I recognized 2 of the 3 officials in the game as Bay Area referees (the chapter that Liberty uses). Why would H-F agree to play a play-off game with the opponent's home referees instead of neutral officials???????

[quote name="LP6" post="1177551" timestamp="1329225958"]
[quote author=forum link=topic=95908.msg1177437#msg1177437 date=1329190321]
Outcoached? Give me a break. 24 from Liberty got hot and hit some tough shots with a hand in her face in the first half. Liberty's coach knew they were outmatched at the guard position, but could defend the post and rebound which is why they played a 2-3 all night. HF missed a lot of shots and rarely got an offensive board because of it. HF's coach made a great adjustment at half. They denied 24 everywhere and made a run at a 14 point deficit. They played man-to-man very well. When 14 and 24 from Liberty drove, they played help defense and rotated...the sign of a well coached team. Liberty made their free throws in the 4th quarter, and HF just couldn't put another 5-6 point run together in the 4th.
[/quote]
You do realize number 24 is a guard so don't tell me HF outmatched them at guard everyone saw who the best player on the court was. And maybe if HF didn't wait till halftime to start coaching they would have won so yeah I'd say you were out coached, it wasn't a fluke, they beat district champion by 20 and only had 3 district losses
[/quote]
24 was obviously the best player on the court but overall HF has better guard play. To say HF was outcoached is not true. 24 did a lot less scoring after the coaching change made at half. I'm not knocking Liberty's coaching. He had a great gameplan. Play a 2-3, hope the shots don't fall because HF wouldn't get many 2nd chance opportunities against a 2-3. Both teams looked well prepared for each other and Liberty simply won.

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1177637" timestamp="1329236988"]
I saw the highlight reel last night on KFDM & I have a question. I have attended the Barbers Hill Christmas Classic a few times and last night I recognized 2 of the 3 officials in the game as Bay Area referees (the chapter that Liberty uses). Why would H-F agree to play a play-off game with the opponent's home referees instead of neutral officials???????
[/quote]
Oh...must have been the refs fault. They must have favored Liberty. That explains it.
Sounds to me like HF underestimated Liberty. Liberty may be a third place team, but they can play ball. Nobody came close to Splendora in district, until Liberty beat them in the last game. One may assume that Splendora would have had it easy, since they pounded Liberty by 30 points, in their first match-up. Point is, they are playing well, and should have earned your respect.

BTW...what chapter does HF use?

[quote name="DW35" post="1177742" timestamp="1329248586"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=95908.msg1177637#msg1177637 date=1329236988]
[/quote]
Oh...must have been the refs fault. They must have favored Liberty. That explains it.
Sounds to me like HF underestimated Liberty. Liberty may be a third place team, but they can play ball. Nobody came close to Splendora in district, until Liberty beat them in the last game. One may assume that Splendora would have had it easy, since they pounded Liberty by 30 points, in their first match-up. Point is, they are playing well, and should have earned your respect.

[/quote]
Not only did they beat Splendora but they beat them; 51-21 shows how easily Liberty could have replaced them as the district champions if not for the 2 losses to Huffman.

[quote name="LP6" post="1178420" timestamp="1329315789"]
[quote author=DW35 link=topic=95908.msg1177742#msg1177742 date=1329248586]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=95908.msg1177637#msg1177637 date=1329236988]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not only did they beat Splendora but they beat them; 51-21 shows how easily Liberty could have replaced them as the district champions if not for the 2 losses to Huffman.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say easy. Without the Huffman losses, we end up tied. That said, Splendora stunk it up in that game, and pretty well handed the win to Liberty. Remember, nobody came close to Splendora, before that last game. They may have had the same attitude that HF had. Point is, don't underestimate your opponent. I do recall your pre-season prediction: Liberty 1st, Huffman 2nd, the rest you didn't know or care. So perhaps you did some underestimating yourself. Personally, I hope we both make it through the area round, so we can play in the quarter-finals. I think we need to settle the score.  ;)

some of yall want to blame hf for not showing up.24 for liberty shown up and was ready to play,hf made some adjustment at half time to stop her,this is what good coaches do,as a coach you stop the  one that is killing you and make someone eles beat you.some of yall  fan want to blame it on the ref,and that hf is a better team,will hf THIS  IS WHY U PLAY THE GAME.my look at the game is if you are a good team u find a way to win,your leader of that team will step up.it not always how good the talent is on the team,it how u gel as a unit.    cmon  man!!! good luck liberty in the next round,

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder