Five coaches have second interviews for West Brook job

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lago Vista head coach [b]Alan Haire[/b], interim head coach [b]Joe Bowser Jr[/b]., Texarkana Texas High assistant coach [b]Toby Foreman[/b], former Crosby coach [b]Kevin Flanigan[/b] and former Hardin coach [b]Larry Haynes[/b] had second interviews for the position on Monday at the Beaumont ISD administration building.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Five-coaches-have-second-interview-for-West-Brook-3312021.php#ixzz1mII49o4p

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1177160" timestamp="1329162724"]
Lago Vista head coach [b]Alan Haire[/b], interim head coach [b]Joe Bowser Jr[/b]., Texarkana Texas High assistant coach [b]Toby Foreman[/b], former Crosby coach [b]Kevin Flanigan[/b] and former Hardin coach [b]Larry Haynes[/b] had second interviews for the position on Monday at the Beaumont ISD administration building.

Read more: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Five-coaches-have-second-interview-for-West-Brook-3312021.php#ixzz1mII49o4p
[/quote]AAW, will the hire be finalized in the year 2044?

Man, nothing against the coaches, but that's a weak final 5 for a 5A school.  Is it really that bad of a place to coach? So Flannigan is the only head coach to have head coaching experience at 4A or above?  He just left a bad campus with obvious racial tensions on the board. Not to mention people in the area had to have seen his Cougars play Vidor using a pass defense.  Haynes has won a lot of games, but 2A to 5A?????  Really!

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1177532" timestamp="1329220644"]
Man, nothing against the coaches, but that's a weak final 5 for a 5A school.  Is it really that bad of a place to coach? So Flannigan is the only head coach to have head coaching experience at 4A or above?  He just left a bad campus with obvious racial tensions on the board. Not to mention people in the area had to have seen his Cougars play Vidor using a pass defense.  Haynes has won a lot of games, but 2A to 5A?????  Really!
[/quote]

Haynes has been a head coach at both 4A and 5A level. Hardin,his home town, was his last stop.

[/quote]

Come on now, do a little bit of research.  He's been the Head Coach at Clear Lake, Aldine Eisenhower and Crosby.  All 4a or 5a schools in this part of the state.

[/quote]

Yo Baby--Stump came from Beaumont Kelly---Not sure how many A's that counts for... but size does not matter ---its how you move the ball  on the playing field.    ;)

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="1177581" timestamp="1329230147"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=95898.msg1177532#msg1177532 date=1329220644]
[/quote]

Yo Baby--Stump came from Beaumont Kelly---Not sure how many A's that counts for... but size does not matter ---its how you move the ball  on the playing field.    ;)
[/quote]

+1, so true

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1177692" timestamp="1329242112"]
"Research"........heck with that.  Sounds like they got their guy.  A coach who has changed jobs more than socks and got more rubber (astro-turf) in Hardin than is laying around in the oil fields (tires for you city slickers).  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Who says that Haynes will get the job?

[quote name="Grammar Police" post="1177543" timestamp="1329224542"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=95898.msg1177532#msg1177532 date=1329220644]
[/quote]

Haynes has been a head coach at both 4A and 5A level. Hardin,his home town, was his last stop.
[/quote]

And Hayes ruined Ike with that Spread O.  Ike went from Region 3 finallist running the wishbone to a below average team after Haynes left....

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Titletown2" post="1177704" timestamp="1329244392"]
He's had 2 losing seasons in 29 years as a head coach. That's pretty good in my book.
[/quote]

That is a good record, but to be fair during his stint at Hardin, he loaded up on 1A teams a lot, no offense intended. Also, I have to wonder what his record would be if he stayed at Hardin over say, the next five years or so. That 2 might quickly turn into a 7, just sayin'. Seems he left Hardin at just the "right" time.  I think he would do really well to be an OC somewhere, IMHO.

Looking at this logically, of the the 5 only 3 have been head football coaches/ AD's.  Those are Haire, Flanigan, and Haynes.  Bowser and Foreman do not have the experience as HC in football.  That will pull them out.

Haire is the unknown factor being from a AA program.  In addition, the demographics at Lago Vista are completely different.  I do not see him in the final 2.

Flanigan is from the area and has been successful.  I know he followed Haynes at Crosby, but he has been there for a number of years.  In addition, his offense at Orangefield was different than at Crosby, which tells me he fits the system to the athletes available. 

Haynes is a very good coach with a great record but he tends to take over a program and leave shortly thereafter.

My guess is still Flanigan.

Crosby was horrible when hanyes took that job and then haynes makes playoffs in his first yr at crosby, this is how i see it ...haynes has about 10  more yrs left of coaching  and it seems to me he wants to come back around this area and retire here so this would be a perfect situation for him. Everyone saw what flannigan did at  crosby with those stud athletes and he should have done better, both coaches would be good but haynes has by far the best experience and resume, and has won at the 5a level already.

I know Haynes has the record, but I still believe Flanigan is going to be the pick.  They had a chance to pick Haynes when they took Stump.  Kelly had a chance to take Haynes.  Crosby made the playoffs the last 7 years and Orangefield made the playoffs.  I agree there is not logic at the District level, but campus people are also involved in this pick.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder