Deweyville vs. East Chambers Game Thread/EC wins 115-19!

WOSgrad

[quote name="speechless" post="1169716" timestamp="1328116450"]
Hang on....wasn't the Kountze score with Deweyville pretty close to this?  At what point do we stop blaming the winning team?
[/quote]

Just for factual purposes, Kountze beat Deweyville 120-55, 65 point win, not the almost 100 point win that EC got last night.

WOW is an understatement here. What is the point of running up a score like that on a team regardless of who it is? I think that coaches have lost sight of sportsmanship in my opinion. I know there are plenty out there that will disagree with me but that is why we are all allowed our own opinion. It is hard to tell a group of athletes to keep their heads up when they are beat down like this. JMO

Most coaches would not intentionally do this.  There are exceptions I am sure.  As long as they are working on a certain aspect of the game and not just shooting threes or having a dunk fest it should be ok.  The losing team coach could forfeit but what about the kids that only get bench time.  If Deweyville wants to keep working on their team, should the coach just quit?  Keep your head up and keep working. 

[quote name="speechless" post="1169716" timestamp="1328116450"]
Hang on....wasn't the Kountze score with Deweyville pretty close to this?  At what point do we stop blaming the winning team?
[/quote] Just because you can beat a team by 96 points doesn't mean you should beat them by 96...Competition is about winning and losing but there should be sportsmanship involved as well...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder