PA Titans voted out of the STJFL????

BigTitan

[quote name="td" post="1165025" timestamp="1327421820"]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=94298.msg1161376#msg1161376 date=1326807515]
big dog, I can understand that this needs to be closely watched, or else it can turn ugly.  Having said that, it is a fine line that you walk, between responsible monitoring and censorship.  STJFL made a concious decision to exclude a whole area from competition, and they never gave the participaing parents a reason why.  When you have nothing else to go on, you speculate and assume...it's human nature...

Now, I will offer a correction.  What happened to me was as a flag coach for the Orange Cobras organization, it happened a few years back, but it DID NOT happen at an STJFL event.  Big Titan's did.  My point was that racism is alive and well, no matter what we may work toward...there will always be individuals that behave hat way.  Is the STJFL racist?  I don't beleive it is.  What has happened is that they are offering no reasons as to their actions.  That is troublesome, and something that might end up in a bigger court of public opinion where they will not have the luxury of having a thread locked to help them remain silent.
[/quote]

That sure sounds like a bunch of opinions for only hearing one side of the story!

I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story.
[/quote]

TD, what I find strange is it went from "we have no clue" to knowing about specific issues that were not brought up before.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1164120" timestamp="1327210432"]
Well after doing a little research and it wasnt hard to find out the information I was looking for.  I got a reason out of a board member from a surrounding city of PA.  I was informed that they voted not to keep PA in the league because they thought that PA would stack their teams for next year, so they voted them out.  Mind you, onl 1 team was actually accused of stacking.  PA also informed the league that they would be expanding their teams like the other Associations I.E ( PA Lil Titans- Black, PA Lil Titans Red, PA Lil Titans - Grey) , because they had gotten a lot more interest from more kids to play next year.  PA was going to keep the teams they already had and just add more teams to the league in every division.  Now I think if you are a league and a city is lookinmg to expand, that would be a good problem, not a bad one. The person I got this information from seem to be kind of mad and one of the people who voted against PA, because their organization didnt beat PA.  It also seems that it is more about winning in STJFL instead of about teaching and playing the best.  So like I said in an earlier post.  It was all about Talent. It happened a few years ago when Nederland (Well Nederland did stay for a whie and split up), Port Neches,Groves,  LCM, Deweyville, Vidor, Lumberton, Bridge City and all the rest of these teams dropped out of Pop Warner to for mtheir own league.  I was just starting out coaching then.  They all left because of 2 teams in the league the PA Cowboys and the PA Jr, Bees.  Both teams would whip all these teams every weekend.  So instead of teaching their kids to play against the best, they dropped out and formed STJFL. NOW THIS.
[/quote]

I'm not sure I would agree with your statement of how the Cowboys and the Jr Bees would whip all of these teams every week. Last year we pulled our team out of STJFL and became the Orange Longhorns and although both of those teams were good we didn't lose a game until deep in the playoffs.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1165046" timestamp="1327423206"]
[quote author=td link=topic=94298.msg1165025#msg1165025 date=1327421820]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=94298.msg1161376#msg1161376 date=1326807515]
big dog, I can understand that this needs to be closely watched, or else it can turn ugly.  Having said that, it is a fine line that you walk, between responsible monitoring and censorship.  STJFL made a concious decision to exclude a whole area from competition, and they never gave the participaing parents a reason why.  When you have nothing else to go on, you speculate and assume...it's human nature...

Now, I will offer a correction.  What happened to me was as a flag coach for the Orange Cobras organization, it happened a few years back, but it DID NOT happen at an STJFL event.  Big Titan's did.  My point was that racism is alive and well, no matter what we may work toward...there will always be individuals that behave hat way.  Is the STJFL racist?  I don't beleive it is.  What has happened is that they are offering no reasons as to their actions.  That is troublesome, and something that might end up in a bigger court of public opinion where they will not have the luxury of having a thread locked to help them remain silent.
[/quote]

All I can say is we went out with a bang. We're now on to Middle school fooball and I'm sure glad of it. I'll leave all of the rest to the powers that be..
  Good luck!

That sure sounds like a bunch of opinions for only hearing one side of the story!

I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story.
[/quote]

TD, what I find strange is it went from "we have no clue" to knowing about specific issues that were not brought up before.
[/quote]

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1164908" timestamp="1327376881"]
Why do Wos have to leave?? All they do is Win, Win, Win!!!!
[/quote]

No matta What What What!!! STJFL dont want them to go but the old WOS president that tried to kill they program back in 09 came back to finish the job. Sad State!

Im not talking about last years Cowboys or even the last couple of years.  When I was the Head Coach for the Cowboys I represented The Gulf Coast Region in the Junior Pee Wee divisions for a 6 straight years. And either the Cowboys went or we loss to the Junior Bees in the finals. In the 15 years that I coached Pop Warner, In Junior Pee Wee, no other team represented Gulf coast but the Bees or Cowboys.  And we where told that by Atterbery that the reason all the teams where leaving was because of the Bees and Cowboys.  So Im just repeating what was told to us.  The same PA Memorial team that lost this year in the State semi-finals. 19 of thos players played for me on the Cowboys and we lost in the State semi-finals when they where 10 yrs. old.  And lost in the State quarterfinals when they where 9.  And when they where 11 they Won state and went to play in Orlando FL in the Pop Warner Championships.  Oh and by the way, the only team that has made it that far from SE Texas.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1165257" timestamp="1327447052"]
We are now going back 7-12 years ago??  I thought this thread was started by Bigtitan to try and figure out why P.A. was voted out?
[/quote]
It is about the little titans so lets get back to business. Why haven't we heard from Chris Olexa, Mark Holmes, ect? They always have alot to say. Just wondering :o ??? :-[ :-X

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1162951" timestamp="1327004434"]
First off let me say that I knew that this was going to happen whether this year or in a few years.  I am a former Pop Warner Coach of 15 years and a parent of one of the Lil Titans.  I witnessed on a few occassions at some of their games where the opposing teams would make up rules as they go along to try to prevent the Lil Titans from winning.  Now as for the PA Lil Titans coaches and Board members the first thing that you should have done was read and discussed all rules with STJFL President and board. To make sure that you werent breaking any of them. 
Secondly, STJFL has a rule that you can't stack a team.  PA was accused of Stacking one of their teams.  But can someone please explain how PNG has 3 teams in a division and they all finish with different record. 1 team 8 - 0, the next 4 - 4 and the other 0-8.  Now they say that they drafted their teams. But what coach do you know would draft all kids to a team that would be 0-8. Please Explain.
And Lastly, PA people and fans.  Our high school Memorial Titans are going thru the same thing right now as we speak.  None of the teams that have association with the STJFL want to play our kids.  Race has nothing to do with it, ITS TALENT.  Our kids from Flag to High School has tremedous talent on all levels.  At the High School Level. PNG has backed out of their game with Memorial, but says that they would scrimmage us.  Nederland has said that he would never play Memorial. And the other schools are just to afraid to even think about playing us.  So it has nothing to do with race.  ITS ABOUT THE TALENT WE HAVE IN PA. They can run all they want, but when colleges come to SE Texas, they dont stop in Nederland, Pt. Neches or even Bridge City.  They go to PORT ARTHUR.  Oh except for LAMAR.
[/quote]

What does high school football have to do with it? This is youth football you cannot predict how kids are going to play and how coaches will coach at this level. I have seen good teams with talent not do well and poor talent do well with good coaching. Also, it depends what division you play in. So I dont think you automatically say a team is stacked. It comes down to DID YOU FOLLOW THE RULES?

Why do you think teams do not want to play PA? If that was the case, how did you get in? WOS has the best talent year in and year out. I always wanted to play WOS it make our kids better. I willing to bet that there are not too many teams out there that are scared to play PA.

I think you trying to change the subject. I have no knowledge of the issues, however I know from sitting on the board for 8 years that it is difficult  job. When there are issues, all the association have different opinions. When that happens, there is usually a divide and becomes a no win situation. But it always comes down why? For years the STJFL has tried to accomodate everyone and have special meeting to help each other but over time, the league loses credibility. The rules are in place for a reason, if the rules needs to be rivised to fit the league then a process must be followed. 

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1165465" timestamp="1327460543"]
[quote author=PA4Life link=topic=94298.msg1162951#msg1162951 date=1327004434]
First off let me say that I knew that this was going to happen whether this year or in a few years.  I am a former Pop Warner Coach of 15 years and a parent of one of the Lil Titans.  I witnessed on a few occassions at some of their games where the opposing teams would make up rules as they go along to try to prevent the Lil Titans from winning.  Now as for the PA Lil Titans coaches and Board members the first thing that you should have done was read and discussed all rules with STJFL President and board. To make sure that you werent breaking any of them. 
Secondly, STJFL has a rule that you can't stack a team.  PA was accused of Stacking one of their teams.  But can someone please explain how PNG has 3 teams in a division and they all finish with different record. 1 team 8 - 0, the next 4 - 4 and the other 0-8.  Now they say that they drafted their teams. But what coach do you know would draft all kids to a team that would be 0-8. Please Explain.
And Lastly, PA people and fans.  Our high school Memorial Titans are going thru the same thing right now as we speak.  None of the teams that have association with the STJFL want to play our kids.  Race has nothing to do with it, ITS TALENT.  Our kids from Flag to High School has tremedous talent on all levels.  At the High School Level. PNG has backed out of their game with Memorial, but says that they would scrimmage us.  Nederland has said that he would never play Memorial. And the other schools are just to afraid to even think about playing us.  So it has nothing to do with race.  ITS ABOUT THE TALENT WE HAVE IN PA. They can run all they want, but when colleges come to SE Texas, they dont stop in Nederland, Pt. Neches or even Bridge City.  They go to PORT ARTHUR.  Oh except for LAMAR.
[/quote]

What does high school football have to do with it? This is youth football you cannot predict how kids are going to play and how coaches will coach at this level. I have seen good teams with talent not do well and poor talent do well with good coaching. Also, it depends what division you play in. So I dont think you automatically say a team is stacked. It comes down to DID YOU FOLLOW THE RULES?

Why do you think teams do not want to play PA? If that was the case, how did you get in? WOS has the best talent year in and year out. I always wanted to play WOS it make our kids better. I willing to bet that there are not too many teams out there that are scared to play PA.

I think you trying to change the subject. I have no knowledge of the issues, however I know from sitting on the board for 8 years that it is difficult  job. When there are issues, all the association have different opinions. When that happens, there is usually a divide and becomes a no win situation. But it always comes down why? For years the STJFL has tried to accomodate everyone and have special meeting to help each other but over time, the league loses credibility. The rules are in place for a reason, if the rules needs to be rivised to fit the league then a process must be followed.
[/quote]
he maybe but i'm not, so like i said let's get down to business. when your on the board it is difficult, but what did you sign up for.(this is not aimed at you but current board members) so why sign up if you cant make difficult decision?

Memorial will have 13 signees so far on signing day. Thats a great accomplishment for 1 high school. Here they are so far:
1. Terrence Singleton - Baylor
2. Travon Armstead - Baylor
3. Nate Holmes - Arkansas
4. Jajuan Seales - Okla. State
5. Elandon Roberts - Alcorn St. or Morgan State
6. Johnathan Ned - Alcorn St.
7. Jeff Reno - Alcorn St.
8. Jaylon Howard - Trinity Valley JC
9. Davonte McMillian - Trinity Valley JC
10. Ivory Pickett - Trinity Valley JC
11. Jereem Augustine - Tyler JC, Prairie View or TSU
12. Kenneth Mayfield - JC
13. Aerian Jackson - JC

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1162951" timestamp="1327004434"]
And Lastly, PA people and fans.  Our high school Memorial Titans are going thru the same thing right now as we speak.  None of the teams that have association with the STJFL want to play our kids.  Race has nothing to do with it, ITS TALENT.  Our kids from Flag to High School has tremedous talent on all levels.  At the High School Level. PNG has backed out of their game with Memorial, but says that they would scrimmage us.  Nederland has said that he would never play Memorial. And the other schools are just to afraid to even think about playing us.  So it has nothing to do with race.  ITS ABOUT THE TALENT WE HAVE IN PA.[size=12pt][color=red] They can run all they want, but when colleges come to SE Texas, they dont stop in Nederland, Pt. Neches or even Bridge City.  They go to PORT ARTHUR.  Oh except for LAMAR[/color][/size].
[/quote]  :o

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1164794" timestamp="1327356543"]
[color=red]They went from not knowing anything to knowing a lot.........[/color][/quote]

Its not about knowing anything to knowing a lot..............all this happend before STJFL TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO LET PA GO. Its not about know it all...its about them giving a reason to why! Once it was said that STJFL WANTED CERTAIN PEOPLE OUT, there was no reason to that either......STOP READING TO HARD AT WHAT IS BEING TYPED!

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1165465" timestamp="1327460543"]
[/quote]

I think you trying to change the subject. I have no knowledge of the issues, [color=red]however I know from sitting on the board for 8 years [/color]that it is difficult  job. When there are issues, all the association have different opinions. When that happens, there is usually a divide and becomes a no win situation. But it always comes down why? For years the STJFL has tried to accomodate everyone and have special meeting to help each other but over time, the league loses credibility. The rules are in place for a reason, if the rules needs to be rivised to fit the league then a process must be followed.
[/quote]

Are you a current board member?

[quote name="Coach Ned Little Titans" post="1165717" timestamp="1327502292"]
PA Titans voted out of the STJFL????
since everybody keeps getting off the subject.
[/quote]

I'm with you........its funny that during the season, this website is checked often. And now since an issue is brought up with the question of WHY, no one from STJFL BOARD want to speak. EVEN THE MONITOR, OF THIS SITE, WHICH IS APART OF THE LEAGUE ORGANIZATION, hasn't said anything.

Lets just call out by name to those who we know that knows why PA was voted out:

CHRIS OLEXA
MARK HOMES
JASON LANG

I am sure that these guys would shine the light on the situation with the truth. THEY SEEM LIKE PRETTY HONEST PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-X :-X :-X

[quote name="TITANS2011" post="1165755" timestamp="1327506978"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=94298.msg1164794#msg1164794 date=1327356543]
[color=red]They went from not knowing anything to knowing a lot.........[/color][/quote]

Its not about knowing anything to knowing a lot..............all this happend before STJFL TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO LET PA GO. Its not about know it all...its about them giving a reason to why! Once it was said that STJFL WANTED CERTAIN PEOPLE OUT, there was no reason to that either......STOP READING TO HARD AT WHAT IS BEING TYPED!
[/quote]

Its all about what you know because thats how all this mess got started when you said nobody told you nothing. Then your president got on here and said he didnt know nothing either. I put what I had heard about PA board members and all the sudden you know everything the is to know about the situation with 2 people being told to leave.  You the one that said it so nobody reading too deep!. STJFL has that right to do what they want because your in they world and you was new. Yall broke they rules then blame them for not reading it to you. The rules is right there for the world to see I just went and looked at it! Its not STJFL fault you didnt go read the rules before you got started. They dont owe you nothing.... when they say get rid of so and so or yall be gone you got a choice to do what they say or find a new yard to play at. Yall made a choice and now yall blame everybody else and make it about everything but what it is.... All about race or somebody afraid of your talent when yall know that not true. Just because you dont agree with STJFL dont make you a victim. If you dont like it go cry with them kids you sent home after they did a week of practice because I KNOW they didnt deserve what they got! Then you come on here and say its all about the kids. Last thing I got is yall come on here saying people dont need to hide behind usernames then you come on here and call people out by they real name because you think they owe you something.... you a class act! If this the way yall acted all year its no wonder you gone.

[quote name="TITANS2011" post="1165764" timestamp="1327507375"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=94298.msg1165465#msg1165465 date=1327460543]
[/quote]

I think you trying to change the subject. I have no knowledge of the issues, [color=red]however I know from sitting on the board for 8 years [/color]that it is difficult  job. When there are issues, all the association have different opinions. When that happens, there is usually a divide and becomes a no win situation. But it always comes down why? For years the STJFL has tried to accomodate everyone and have special meeting to help each other but over time, the league loses credibility. The rules are in place for a reason, if the rules needs to be rivised to fit the league then a process must be followed.
[/quote]

Are you a current board member?
[/quote]

If you are asking me, no I am no longer a board member. Like I said, I have no knowledge of the situation. I only posted because I know first hand that all the issues that came up when I ws involved seemed to divide everyone. When you have a large organization, not everyone is agoing to agree. When the rules are broken wheteher they are honest or intentional, everyone in the room wants to be fair. It is not always the outcome that outsiders understand. The STJFL has about 3000 parents & volunteers and only about 15 to 20 people in the board room. So the story is not always the same when everyone gets out the board room.

I will say everyone  would rather not be dealing with issues but rather looking at ways to improve the game for the kids. No one likes conflict or deal problems.

Every year that I was involved, the meetings were consumed by how can we include more kids. Weight changes, birthdate evaluations, etc. Everyone had a say, everyone had a vote. Over the years I saw how some of the issues became hard to resolve without effecting kids, but is adults that cause the issue.

Like I said, I do not know what the issues are and why PA was dropped but I wanted to let you know, whatever decsions were made was not easy.

[quote name="jrmdvs536" post="1165852" timestamp="1327518260"]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1165755#msg1165755 date=1327506978]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=94298.msg1164794#msg1164794 date=1327356543]

[/quote]

Its all about what you know because thats how all this mess got started when you said nobody told you nothing. Then your president got on here and said he didnt know nothing either. I put what I had heard about PA board members and all the sudden you know everything the is to know about the situation with 2 people being told to leave.  You the one that said it so nobody reading too deep!. STJFL has that right to do what they want because your in they world and you was new. Yall broke they rules then blame them for not reading it to you. The rules is right there for the world to see I just went and looked at it! Its not STJFL fault you didnt go read the rules before you got started. They dont owe you nothing.... when they say get rid of so and so or yall be gone you got a choice to do what they say or find a new yard to play at. Yall made a choice and now yall blame everybody else and make it about everything but what it is.... All about race or somebody afraid of your talent when yall know that not true. Just because you dont agree with STJFL dont make you a victim. [color=red]If you dont like it go cry with them kids you sent home after they did a week of practice[/color] because I KNOW they didnt deserve what they got! Then you come on here and say its all about the kids. Last thing I got is yall come on here saying people dont need to hide behind usernames then you come on here and call people out by they real name because you think they owe you something.... you a class act! If this the way yall acted all year its no wonder you gone.
[/quote]

Your right about them "NOT OWING US NOTHING!" Its about the right things to do! I guess your word is better than everyone elses. I guess your on the board to know that KIDS WERE SENT HOME AFTER A WEEK OF PRACTICE...........casue I'm sure that wasn't made public or posted on any website! Just like how PA was punished by NOT BEING ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PLAYOFFS and a Nederland Parent stated that our games don't matter AT A GAME. I guess that punishment was posted on a website too! OPEN INFORMATION! Yeah right! Its all about STJFL didn't want PA in their league in the 1st place! The had not reason to not let us in and any reason to put us out!

ALL THIS WAs DONE SO THAT STJFL CAN SAY....WE GAVE THEM A CHANCE!

I AM JUST GOING TO BE HONEST....PA DIDN'T DESERVE TO GET PUT OUT....[b][color=red]AND FOR THIS I HOPE STJFL LOSES EVERYTHING THEY HAVE EVER ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!!!!![/color][/b]SORRY FOR THE KIDS...MAYBE THEY CAN GO TO A BETTER LEAGUE WHICH TEACHES THEM MORE ABOUT WHATS RIGHT AND FAIR, THAN WHATS EASY TO DO!!!!!!!!

[quote name="TITANS2011" post="1166207" timestamp="1327589150"]
[quote author=jrmdvs536 link=topic=94298.msg1165852#msg1165852 date=1327518260]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1165755#msg1165755 date=1327506978]

[/quote]

Its all about what you know because thats how all this mess got started when you said nobody told you nothing. Then your president got on here and said he didnt know nothing either. I put what I had heard about PA board members and all the sudden you know everything the is to know about the situation with 2 people being told to leave.  You the one that said it so nobody reading too deep!. STJFL has that right to do what they want because your in they world and you was new. Yall broke they rules then blame them for not reading it to you. The rules is right there for the world to see I just went and looked at it! Its not STJFL fault you didnt go read the rules before you got started. They dont owe you nothing.... when they say get rid of so and so or yall be gone you got a choice to do what they say or find a new yard to play at. Yall made a choice and now yall blame everybody else and make it about everything but what it is.... All about race or somebody afraid of your talent when yall know that not true. Just because you dont agree with STJFL dont make you a victim. [color=red]If you dont like it go cry with them kids you sent home after they did a week of practice[/color] because I KNOW they didnt deserve what they got! Then you come on here and say its all about the kids. Last thing I got is yall come on here saying people dont need to hide behind usernames then you come on here and call people out by they real name because you think they owe you something.... you a class act! If this the way yall acted all year its no wonder you gone.
[/quote]

Your right about them "NOT OWING US NOTHING!" Its about the right things to do! I guess your word is better than everyone elses. I guess your on the board to know that KIDS WERE SENT HOME AFTER A WEEK OF PRACTICE...........casue I'm sure that wasn't made public or posted on any website! Just like how PA was punished by NOT BEING ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PLAYOFFS and a Nederland Parent stated that our games don't matter AT A GAME. I guess that punishment was posted on a website too! OPEN INFORMATION! Yeah right! Its all about STJFL didn't want PA in their league in the 1st place! The had not reason to not let us in and any reason to put us out!

I AM JUST GOING TO BE HONEST....PA DIDN'T DESERVE TO GET PUT OUT....[b][color=red]AND FOR THIS I HOPE STJFL LOSES EVERYTHING THEY HAVE EVER ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!!!!![/color][/b]SORRY FOR THE KIDS...MAYBE THEY CAN GO TO A BETTER LEAGUE WHICH TEACHES THEM MORE ABOUT WHATS RIGHT AND FAIR, THAN WHATS EASY TO DO!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

You keep mentioning it's all about the kids.  Well, if it was all about the kids, why did the board members and coaches from the P.A. league make mistakes? You call them mistakes, but they were really rules that were broken.

All of the below statements were made from the post of Titans2011:

1.  "Yes PA made mistakes at the beginning during registration and cut off dates". [color=blue](mistakes = broken rules)

[/color]
2.  "They want to blame PA and not take responsibility by showing or explaining to a 1ST TIME TEAM the procedures".  [color=blue](who's not taking responsibility of their own actions???.......the rules are in black and white and written in easy to read language......)[/color]

3.  "Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year, BUT NOT ONCE WERE THOSE PROBLEMS BROUGHT UP AT A BOARD MEETING". [color=blue](you don't deny your board members caused problems all year, but you blame the STJFL for not bringing it up at a board meeting?........really?  Why not blame the folks that were causing the problems?)[/color]

4.  "STJFL told the president that 2 CERTAIN members had to leave the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION in order to stay. BUT ONCE AGAIN IF THOSE 2 MEMBERS WERE SO BAD THEY COULDN'T FIND REASONS TO KICK THEM OUT DURING THE ENTIRE SEASON!" [color=blue](The STJFL by your own statement told 2 members to leave. Again, your organization is NOT following directions. If you wanted to stay in the league, just follow the directions you are given.[/color]

5.  "I guess your on the board to know that KIDS WERE SENT HOME AFTER A WEEK OF PRACTICE" [color=blue](no matter how he found out, the truth is it happened......is it all about the kids EXCEPT for those kids? )[/color]

6.  "The had not reason to not let us in and any reason to put us out!" [color=blue](your organization broke the rules, they had every reason to do what they did.)[/color]

So, instead of calling out STJFL board members by name, why don't you reflect on the mistakes your organization made to make sure that does not happen in the next league your team gets involved in. Every league is going to have rules and expect them to be followed. If you think you can go to a different league and not follow their rules, your going to be disappointed again.......

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1166237" timestamp="1327591893"]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1166207#msg1166207 date=1327589150]
[quote author=jrmdvs536 link=topic=94298.msg1165852#msg1165852 date=1327518260]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You keep mentioning it's all about the kids.  Well, if it was all about the kids, why did the board members and coaches from the P.A. league make mistakes? You call them mistakes, but they were really rules that were broken.

All of the below statements were made from the post of Titans2011:

1.  "Yes PA made mistakes at the beginning during registration and cut off dates". [color=blue](mistakes = broken rules)

[/color]
2.  "They want to blame PA and not take responsibility by showing or explaining to a 1ST TIME TEAM the procedures".  [color=blue](who's not taking responsibility of their own actions???.......the rules are in black and white and written in easy to read language......)[/color]

3.  "Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year, BUT NOT ONCE WERE THOSE PROBLEMS BROUGHT UP AT A BOARD MEETING". [color=blue](you don't deny your board members caused problems all year, but you blame the STJFL for not bringing it up at a board meeting?........really?  Why not blame the folks that were causing the problems?)[/color]

4.  "STJFL told the president that 2 CERTAIN members had to leave the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION in order to stay. BUT ONCE AGAIN IF THOSE 2 MEMBERS WERE SO BAD THEY COULDN'T FIND REASONS TO KICK THEM OUT DURING THE ENTIRE SEASON!" [color=blue](The STJFL by your own statement told 2 members to leave. Again, your organization is NOT following directions. If you wanted to stay in the league, just follow the directions you are given.[/color]

5.  "I guess your on the board to know that KIDS WERE SENT HOME AFTER A WEEK OF PRACTICE" [color=blue](no matter how he found out, the truth is it happened......is it all about the kids EXCEPT for those kids? )[/color]

6.  "The had not reason to not let us in and any reason to put us out!" [color=blue](your organization broke the rules, they had every reason to do what they did.)[/color]

So, instead of calling out STJFL board members by name, why don't you reflect on the mistakes your organization made to make sure that does not happen in the next league your team gets involved in. Every league is going to have rules and expect them to be followed. If you think you can go to a different league and not follow their rules, your going to be disappointed again.......
[/quote]

Let me answer your CONCERNS.........about what I said:
1. Rules were broken about registration, and punishment was completed about not playing in the play offs...If that was such a big thing at the VERY BEGINNING THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT KICKING US OUT THEN. But they punished us with no play offs. Punishment accepted and served!

2. Once again.....PA made a mistake, as in question 1! Punishment was sent down and accepted!

3. That quote came from another person on the site. And my point was if PA caused all these PROBLEMS DURING THE SEASON why weren't any mentioned at a board meeting. The ANSWER is that there WERE NO PROBLEMS. Because every board meeting things that happen with coaches, kids, parents, etc are brought up at the MONTHLY MEETINGS! And if there were a problem during the season it would have been brought up. BUT THERE WERE NO PROBLEMS TO BRING UP! BECAUSE PA DIDN'T CREATE ANY!

4. In order for STJFL to have wanted 2 board members to leave a REASON WOULD HAVE BEEN EXPLAINED! THERE WAS NO REASON! Truth be told that MARK HOLMES were approached about a parent complaining about LUMBERTON and the things that she said went on. This happened AT THE COACHES MEETING, [b][color=red]BEFORE A GAME WAS EVER PLAYED[/color][/b] and MARK HOLMES didnt like those board members after that. [b][color=red]IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOU CAN CALL MARK HOLMES AND ASK HIM ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT, AND HE WOULD TELL YOU HOW HE DISLIKE THESE MEN BECAUSE OF THAT! OH AND IF YOU WANT MORE PROOF, ASK HIM TO LISTEN TO THE RECORDINGS THAT HE RECORDED THAT SAYS THAT![/color][/b] "AND THIS IS A FACT NOT A SPECULATION!"

5. Once again......mistakes were made at the VERY BEGINNING OF THE SEASON and punishment was served....You keep bringing this up. If this was such a bad thing, THEN AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE SEASON PA SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOT ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATED INSTEAD OF TAKING PLAYOFFS AWAY!

6. ONCE AGAIN........if PORT ARTHUR made such a HUGE mistake at the beginning of the season.....THAT WAS THE PROPER TIME TO REMOVE THEM. ONCE A PUNISHMENT WAS ISSUED THEN THAT IS WHAT IS SERVED........I GUESS STJFL PLAYS DOUBLE JERPARDY!

SO INSTEAD OF RETURING TO THE MISTAKES MADE, OR IN YOUR WORDS "RULES BROKEN", HOW ABOUT STJFL STEPPING UP AND STATING THAT PUNISHMENT OF NO PLAYOFFS WERE SERVED AND MOVE ON!

OR BETTER YET................MOVE THEM OUT! WOW....WAY TO GO WITH YOUR DEFENDING!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder