PA Titans voted out of the STJFL????

BigTitan

[quote name="elhector1" post="1161376" timestamp="1326807515"]
big dog, I can understand that this needs to be closely watched, or else it can turn ugly.  Having said that, it is a fine line that you walk, between responsible monitoring and censorship.  STJFL made a concious decision to exclude a whole area from competition, and they never gave the participaing parents a reason why.  When you have nothing else to go on, you speculate and assume...it's human nature...

Now, I will offer a correction.  What happened to me was as a flag coach for the Orange Cobras organization, it happened a few years back, but it DID NOT happen at an STJFL event.  Big Titan's did.  My point was that racism is alive and well, no matter what we may work toward...there will always be individuals that behave hat way.  Is the STJFL racist?  I don't beleive it is.  What has happened is that they are offering no reasons as to their actions.  That is troublesome, and something that might end up in a bigger court of public opinion where they will not have the luxury of having a thread locked to help them remain silent.
[/quote]

I agree that it is a fine line.  The difference is that this is a privately owned website, not the court of public opinion, and the owner could be held libel for accusations made here.  I have no dog in the fight per se, other than following and enforcing the rules of this site.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jlh370" post="1161392" timestamp="1326810767"]
To all PA Titan fans and parents, as the president of the organization, rest assure we will be playing ball next year, I will give each and everyone of you the details soon, I was working real diligently on resolving some issues.  As far as the comments here which have been made, no one knows the reasons for what took place including myself.  But we already have a solution and are progressing.  So if you are with us I ask that we move foward, the saying goes when one door closes another one opens, and believe you and me wait till you see what we have in store. 
[/quote]

Good deal. As suspected (in any organization) the few "doers" are busy doing and getting it right for the kids in which they work.

While the "few" spew, whine, gripe, and complain RATHER than utilizing their time wisely FOR THE KIDS....rather their OWN agenda...and put themselves in the forefront...screaming RACISM!

Good job Mr. President!

These are the specific rules that I am referring to, but please refer to the rules forum for the complete list: http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

8 ) Do not make racial or abusive comments

15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone - this includes non-members of the forums.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1161401" timestamp="1326811731"]
These are the specific rules that I am referring to, but please refer to the rules forum for the complete list: http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

8 ) Do not make racial or abusive comments

15) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone - this includes non-members of the forums.
[/quote]

Great point on this being private os opposed to public.  Liability is a major issue. Though any can see it, people who post have to be members.  That is the difference.

[quote name="58SHW" post="1161381" timestamp="1326808537"]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1161244#msg1161244 date=1326749588]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=94298.msg1161235#msg1161235 date=1326748205]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=94298.msg1161212#msg1161212 date=1326743320]
I dont have a dog in this hunt....or even know anything about either party. I just saw the race card and frankly get tired of it....[b][color=red]no one gains from taking that approach, even if it is fact[/color][/b]. Race is a barrier built by people who aren't tolerant of others that are different in looks only....both are equally bad....those who display it...and those who accuse (especially without proof)....the only way to break those barriers is to be the better person (on either side).

Especially when kids are envolved....good luck PA figuring out whats best for the KIDS!
[/quote]

In other words, sit down, shut up, and do as you are told?  may not have been your intention, but that is how it came across...

As for "playing the race card"...ifyou have gone through and eliminated any other issue that might have caused your community's removal from competition, and are only left with the "race card"...and the organization responsible for voting you out gives no valid reason as to why...then, to me at least, race MAY have played a part.  You acknowlege it in your post with the words "even if it is fact".  Why must folks be quiet when they are possibly being discriminated against? 

THough I have no "dog in this hunt" as well, I CAN tell you that there are communitied in the Golden Triangle who teach their kids racist ways.  The saddest evidence that I have, you will consider hearsay, but it happened in an Orange County town,  but not the one that has been dragged through the mud in the media.  I was walking across the field with my team mother, who was African American, and heard one little flag player exclaim to his friend "how could you let that little ****** beat you"?  I was going to go over to the kid to ask to talk to his parents, but that team mom stopped me...and told me that it was no big deal, she had gotten used to it...I was dumbfounded.  She was being the bigger person, but I wonder what happened to that little boy who had no idea what he had said? 

In the same way, STJFL needs to step up, explain their actions, and clear the air.  They voted them out, they need to say why.  If they don't, of course people will speculate about it, right or wrong...
[/quote]

I personally appreciate it when a person looks from the outside in, instead of defending something/someone just on the fact that the "RACE CARD" has been played. Facts are facts and harshly as they seem. There was no reason given to why this has happened to Port Arthur, and there will not be a STJFL rep, (that governs this site) to step up and explain anything. Not because they feel that it was a justifiable thing to do, no one will step up because it was THE WRONG THING TO DO! And instead of allowing children to play together, they instead decide the best thing to do is not to associate!

[b]WOW STJFL......WAY TO SHOW YOUR KIDS WHAT NOT TO DO![/b]
I am pretty sure that Port Arthur will bounce back against adversity and succeed! GO TITANS!
[/quote]

I've said IF you can PROVE this has anything to do with race then the one leading this should be disciplined....

But if you think the above statement is any better than:

WOW PA PARENTS WAY TO SHOW YOUR KIDS WHAT TO DO (scream racism every time you dont get your way) then you are just as guilty as the ones you accuse.....

Stop accusing, playing race card...stand up and YOU do what is right by the PA kids...why does it matter what THEY do....do it bigger, do it better than them...why would you WANT your kids to be involved with people like that (if what you say is true)...

Teach them that no matter what stupid people (and there will always be some) in this world says or does, you are better than that...beat them at their own game...make PA proud by taking the high road (and that doesn't mean sit down shut up and take it)....it means STAND TALLER AND DO BETTER THAN THEM!

Honestly, they dont OWE you anything, an expalnation, a reason, time of day, etc.....it's their league. Personally, I wouldnt want to be part of anything that didnt WANT me....
[/quote]

I have explained to my son and other kids what ignorance is and what they should do to learn from it.  If one person stoops low that has  nothing at all to do with them.  That person looks bad, not you.  As far as the league is concerned, I will make a quick decision as soon as I find out what happened.  Port Arthur wanted to join the STJFL because of the amout of teams and the competition.  Saying nothing bad about Pop Warner at all, but its only a handfull of teams to compete against.  I don't think anything is wrong with wanting more competition and more teams to compete against.  Please believe that I pray that race had nothing to do with it, but like I said before, there is no reason why a city in their first year would be voted out. 
A lot of us wish race is never a factor in decisions, but some of us know all too well that that may not be the case. 

To all PA Titan fans and parents, as the president of the organization, rest assure we will be playing ball next year, I will give each and everyone of you the details soon, I was working real diligently on resolving some issues.  As far as the comments here which have been made, no one knows the reasons for what took place including myself.  But we already have a solution and are progressing.  So if you are with us I ask that we move foward, the saying goes when one door closes another one opens, and believe you and me wait till you see what we have in store. 
[/quote]

THANK YOU
That's all I ask for.

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1161545" timestamp="1326826359"]
[quote author=jlh370 link=topic=94298.msg1161392#msg1161392 date=1326810767]
[/quote]

THANK YOU
That's all I ask for.
[/quote]

I thank and aprreciate you for being steadfast in taking care of the situation.  We are very lucky to have you as the President of the league.  But something is wrong when people don't have the morals to explain to YOU out of all people the reason your league was voted out.  I find that very un settling and disturbing.  If I'm wrong, then I'd just have to be wrong.
Everyone has a strong opinion about parents that are upset about things that are unjust.
Common decency is a lost trait.

[/quote]

Its funny how people on here are like.....GO TO A MEETING....ASK THE STJFL BOARD....THERE HAS TO BE A REASON GIVEN....THEY JUST WOULDN'T DO IT JUST BECAUSE.....

We have the president of the organization, that attends everyboard meeting with STJFL, that says he didn't get a reason either.....

Someone please tell me WHAT THE REASON COULD BE????????????

OH LET ME GUESS.....OUR SOCKS DIDN'T MATCH! STJFL...WHAT A JOKE!

We had a similar situation happen to the Beaumont Bulls....but the Senior Team was removed....why?  cause we kicked butt!!!....but the President of the league, who also coached a senior team, didn't feel he could compete with a team of our caliber....so, they just removed us....ASSUMING we stacked ONE team...not all our teams...just the one his son competed in... ::)

Sometimes you just have to deal with a hater that was given a lil more power....they still exist...as for all the racist comments by the kids...what can one say?...do the best you can in raising your kids...that's all one can do...

I don't know why PA was removed, but I can share the facts of my experience when we were removed from the other league.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1161851" timestamp="1326850399"]
We had a similar situation happen to the Beaumont Bulls....but the Senior Team was removed....why?  cause we kicked butt!!!....but the President of the league, who also coached a senior team, didn't feel he could compete with a team of our caliber....so, they just removed us....ASSUMING we stacked ONE team...not all our teams...just the one his son competed in... ::)

Sometimes you just have to deal with a hater that was given a lil more power....they still exist...as for all the racist comments by the kids...what can one say?...do the best you can in raising your kids...that's all one can do...

I don't know why PA was removed, but I can share the facts of my experience when we were removed from the other league.
[/quote]
Was it the first year, or were you guys there longer?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1161851" timestamp="1326850399"]

[/quote]

At the begining of the season Port Arthur experienced that same tatic, in STJFL stating that one team was stacked (then stated improper registration to a 1st time organization), and for that the punishment of not being able to compete in the Super Bowl was given. There werent any questions about any other team, but for some reason all were disqualified. Once that punishment was served, they had to decide what to do about the 2012 season, and instead of dealing with Port Arthur, they removed the ENTIRE CITY from THEIR organization!

We just have to deal with the facts that no one will step up and no one will admit to the real reason why Port Arthur is no longer in STJFL!

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1161861" timestamp="1326850876"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=94298.msg1161851#msg1161851 date=1326850399]

[/quote]
[/quote]1st year

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1161869" timestamp="1326851368"]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1161861#msg1161861 date=1326850876]

[/quote]
[/quote]1st year
[/quote]

Wow.  Did they give you guys a reason.  In my eyes,  its supposed to be about the kids.  They totally ignored that very IMPORTANT fact.  This doesn't bring us together, it only separates us.  But I guess I'm playing the race card.  Oh well.

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1161885" timestamp="1326852241"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=94298.msg1161869#msg1161869 date=1326851368]

[/quote]
[/quote]1st year
[/quote]

Wow.  Did they give you guys a reason.  In my eyes,  its supposed to be about the kids.  They totally ignored that very IMPORTANT fact.  This doesn't bring us together, it only separates us.  But I guess I'm playing the race card.  Oh well.
[/quote]I didn't play the race card...but never received any formal or informal explanation...the day after we played(a Sunday night)..I received a phone call from the President of our league...he told me they just assumed we stacked a team, so we wouldn't be playing football anymore...our team was made up of later to be Kelly and WB kids...most graduated last year...the rest of the team from that year will graduate this year....the funny thing is...we lost a bunch of kids when we left TIFI...

That group of kids was special...it included a young Josh Stump, Bruce Reyes Jr, Ben Peyton, Denzel Jackson, Justin Jackson, Jacobi Lee, Gram Klein, Jalen Malone, Ryan Reidmueller, just an absolutely amazing group of kids....

We had to join a league out of Jasper to continue playing....it was a logistical nightmare...so we went with the image of being marked as cheaters....it sucked...one game, the only way the coach would play us was if Jr played O-line...lol...they said there is no way that kid is 12!!...lol...

[quote name="58SHW" post="1161381" timestamp="1326808537"]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1161244#msg1161244 date=1326749588]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=94298.msg1161235#msg1161235 date=1326748205]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=94298.msg1161212#msg1161212 date=1326743320]
I dont have a dog in this hunt....or even know anything about either party. I just saw the race card and frankly get tired of it....[b][color=red]no one gains from taking that approach, even if it is fact[/color][/b]. Race is a barrier built by people who aren't tolerant of others that are different in looks only....both are equally bad....those who display it...and those who accuse (especially without proof)....the only way to break those barriers is to be the better person (on either side).

Especially when kids are envolved....good luck PA figuring out whats best for the KIDS!
[/quote]

In other words, sit down, shut up, and do as you are told?  may not have been your intention, but that is how it came across...

As for "playing the race card"...ifyou have gone through and eliminated any other issue that might have caused your community's removal from competition, and are only left with the "race card"...and the organization responsible for voting you out gives no valid reason as to why...then, to me at least, race MAY have played a part.  You acknowlege it in your post with the words "even if it is fact".  Why must folks be quiet when they are possibly being discriminated against? 

THough I have no "dog in this hunt" as well, I CAN tell you that there are communitied in the Golden Triangle who teach their kids racist ways.  The saddest evidence that I have, you will consider hearsay, but it happened in an Orange County town,  but not the one that has been dragged through the mud in the media.  I was walking across the field with my team mother, who was African American, and heard one little flag player exclaim to his friend "how could you let that little ****** beat you"?  I was going to go over to the kid to ask to talk to his parents, but that team mom stopped me...and told me that it was no big deal, she had gotten used to it...I was dumbfounded.  She was being the bigger person, but I wonder what happened to that little boy who had no idea what he had said? 

In the same way, STJFL needs to step up, explain their actions, and clear the air.  They voted them out, they need to say why.  If they don't, of course people will speculate about it, right or wrong...
[/quote]

I personally appreciate it when a person looks from the outside in, instead of defending something/someone just on the fact that the "RACE CARD" has been played. Facts are facts and harshly as they seem. There was no reason given to why this has happened to Port Arthur, and there will not be a STJFL rep, (that governs this site) to step up and explain anything. Not because they feel that it was a justifiable thing to do, no one will step up because it was THE WRONG THING TO DO! And instead of allowing children to play together, they instead decide the best thing to do is not to associate!

[b]WOW STJFL......WAY TO SHOW YOUR KIDS WHAT NOT TO DO![/b]
I am pretty sure that Port Arthur will bounce back against adversity and succeed! GO TITANS!
[/quote]

I've said IF you can PROVE this has anything to do with race then the one leading this should be disciplined....

But if you think the above statement is any better than:

WOW PA PARENTS WAY TO SHOW YOUR KIDS WHAT TO DO (scream racism every time you dont get your way) then you are just as guilty as the ones you accuse.....

Stop accusing, playing race card...stand up and YOU do what is right by the PA kids...why does it matter what THEY do....do it bigger, do it better than them...why would you WANT your kids to be involved with people like that (if what you say is true)...

Teach them that no matter what stupid people (and there will always be some) in this world says or does, you are better than that...beat them at their own game...make PA proud by taking the high road (and that doesn't mean sit down shut up and take it)....it means STAND TALLER AND DO BETTER THAN THEM!

Honestly, they dont OWE you anything, an expalnation, a reason, time of day, etc.....it's their league. Personally, I wouldnt want to be part of anything that didnt WANT me....
[/quote]
Its not about anybody owing me anything.  How you got that from what I posted is beyond me. lol If your kid's team's organization was voted out for no reason given to you, what would you do as a concerned parent?  If you were a real parent, you would want an answer.  That's what we want.  It has nothing at all to do with wanting to be apart of the league again.  If the reason was legitimate, then I would understand, but WE need an answer.  They didn't even inform the PA league president of the decision.  Make sense of that.

What is extremely satisfying is when those kids who are great players and are disparaged by "daddy ball" leagues grow up to be successful.  All the "daddy ballers" can do is point to the trophy of the "Super Bowl" their kid won at 9.  I remember a lot of my flag kids being tackled and punched intentionally by one particular city group in Pop Warner who were all into daddy ball, and whose refs never seemed to see the infractions against the Orange team.  I just wanted the kids to have fun, not get into a boxing match.  However, in retrospect, being disrespected gave these kids an extra ounce of patience, which helped them succeed way past the daddy ball years, past high school, and into college and the pros.  A negative became a positive...

PA, I remember playing you guys, and even in flag, it was a tough, but clean game.  Good luck to your kids in the future...leave the daddy ball to those who will need that moment for themselves in their dull lives.  The road to the future is wide open... 

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1161885" timestamp="1326852241"]

[/quote]
[/quote]1st year
[/quote]

Wow.  Did they give you guys a reason.  [b]In my eyes,  its supposed to be about the kids.[/b]  They totally ignored that very IMPORTANT fact.  This doesn't bring us together, it only separates us.  But I guess I'm playing the race card.  Oh well.
[/quote]

How old is your oldest child and is this your first year playing in sports?  I have all girls but I do have nephews that play sports and my girls played sports in Middle School and one played Basketball at the YMCA.  Stuff like this happens in all sports, yes sports should be about the kids but in some cases it isn't.  It is more about the ego's of a few grown ups than sportsmanship of the kids. 

Let me tell you about my experience at the YMCA of PA.  When my daughter was in 7th grade and just started playing BB a friend of ours got a team of girls together and formed a coed team to play at the Y.  The team my daughter was on was the only team to play against the all boy teams and they held their own but lost every time.  Now when they played the other girl teams they won but did take some cheap shots and the Coach of one of the teams showed the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen from a grown up and she was over all the sports at the Y.  What a great thing to teach those kids.  NOT  I was so disgusted with this coaches display of unsportsmanship not only to our coach but to the kids.  She wouldn't let her team shack out teams hand and she wouldn't even congratulate our coach on winning.  That was the last time my child ever played at the Y. It isn't about weather  you win or lose but how you play the game and what your coaches teach you.  I also wrote a letter to the director of the Y and never heard a word back from them. 

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1162167" timestamp="1326899703"]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1161885#msg1161885 date=1326852241]

[/quote]
[/quote]1st year
[/quote]

Wow.  Did they give you guys a reason.  [b]In my eyes,  its supposed to be about the kids.[/b]  They totally ignored that very IMPORTANT fact.  This doesn't bring us together, it only separates us.  But I guess I'm playing the race card.  Oh well.
[/quote]

How old is your oldest child and is this your first year playing in sports?  I have all girls but I do have nephews that play sports and my girls played sports in Middle School and one played Basketball at the YMCA.  Stuff like this happens in all sports, yes sports should be about the kids but in some cases it isn't.  It is more about the ego's of a few grown ups than sportsmanship of the kids. 

Let me tell you about my experience at the YMCA of PA.  When my daughter was in 7th grade and just started playing BB a friend of ours got a team of girls together and formed a coed team to play at the Y.  The team my daughter was on was the only team to play against the all boy teams and they held their own but lost every time.  Now when they played the other girl teams they won but did take some cheap shots and the Coach of one of the teams showed the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen from a grown up and she was over all the sports at the Y.  What a great thing to teach those kids.  NOT  I was so disgusted with this coaches display of unsportsmanship not only to our coach but to the kids.  She wouldn't let her team shack out teams hand and she wouldn't even congratulate our coach on winning.  That was the last time my child ever played at the Y. It isn't about weather  you win or lose but how you play the game and what your coaches teach you.  I also wrote a letter to the director of the Y and never heard a word back from them.
[/quote]
My son is 11.  He's been playing for awhile now.  I haven't told him about the STFJL decision and I won't, because there will always be youth football.

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1162484" timestamp="1326931427"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=94298.msg1162167#msg1162167 date=1326899703]

[/quote]
[/quote]1st year
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
My son is 11.  He's been playing for awhile now.  I haven't told him about the STFJL decision and I won't, because there will always be youth football.
[/quote]

I hate that whatever reason that the PA league was kicked out.  Weather it was right or wrong doesn't matter and you probably will never get an answer.  Just remind your son that sometimes there are things in life that are not fair but that he should always be the best he can be no matter what.  I am sure as a parent you doing everything you can to protect your child from all the ugliness of the world but sometimes we can't we just have to do the best we can.  Good Luck to you and your family in whatever the future holds in football and other sports.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1162510" timestamp="1326933223"]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1162484#msg1162484 date=1326931427]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=94298.msg1162167#msg1162167 date=1326899703]

[/quote]
[/quote]1st year
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I hate that whatever reason that the PA league was kicked out.  Weather it was right or wrong doesn't matter and you probably will never get an answer.  Just remind your son that sometimes there are things in life that are not fair but that he should always be the best he can be no matter what.  I am sure as a parent you doing everything you can to protect your child from all the ugliness of the world but sometimes we can't we just have to do the best we can.  Good Luck to you and your family in whatever the future holds in football and other sports.
[/quote]
I just got teary eyed....good post mom... :'(...jk ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder