PA Titans voted out of the STJFL????

BigTitan

That my be the reason you heard, as part of P.A. probation they were to have a STJFL board member at their sign for next year. This person was to ensure that the league rules were followed. So why would they vote them out if the STJFL was worried about team stacking????
They would have a member there. P.A. punishment was served up and they took it, may not have been happy about it and then voted out. Ya'll are way too talented for such a select league.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PA kids have always been a little bit faster, stronger, and tougher.  PNG W's best player (maybe the best in the league in Jr) is a PA kid.  He left the Cowboys 3 yrs ago for STJFL.  In the PA Jr games after their early mishaps, they destroyed the competition.  Almost on every play a player on the opposing team was either crying or on the ground.  One time their were 4 on the ground at the same time.  I heard parents say they're hitting too hard. lol  One guy said, "they're used to violence" as I was walking behind him to the concession stand.  But thats neither here nor there.  Used to it.  When next year comes and we don't play against PNG, Ned, Vid, Lum, etc: I will just tell my son the truth:  They're scared their kid's teams will never win another Super Bowl with the combination of PA and WOS in the league.  I teach my kid to fear nothing and no one.  Some coaches from those cities missed that lesson as a child.  Its really possible if PA would have made the playoffs, they could have won the SuperBowl in every division.  No Joke.  Look at the stats.  One of the best flag, pwee, jr, and sr teams.  2nd best overall record in the league behind WOS by one or two games. Wow, I would be scarred too.  (Their 1st year) lol jk

Come on Big Titan, RJ may be the reason we scored 3 TD's, but only scored 2 times against us. Once on a kickoff and one big play. We as a team held ya'll in check during that game. It takes more then one player to do that against PA or WOS. Give us a little credit. There's no doubt that eventually PA is going to get some trophies and I would love see ya'll stay. Keep us updated on what happens.

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1164296" timestamp="1327273029"]
I find it funny that P.A.(actually 2 posters from P.A.) lump all the cities together and accuse us of racism, being weak, etc....but are complaining that we should not lump the entire P.A. organization as cheaters because of one team or one coach. That my friends is double standards.
[/quote]
First of all, the team that was accused of cheating did nothing of the sort.  We have to get that str8.  So being labeled that doesn't matter because most of us know what happened.  If we stacked a team, do you think those kids would have lost a game.  Let's use some common sense.  SOME of the people from these other cities have shown their prejudice towards some of us.  That sir is a fact.  I did not say that the orgainization was racist.  I wanted to know why my league was kicked out.  There are other teams that have amazing talent, black players, and win (WOS).  So us being new in the league, amazing talent, and being black : one or two of those were a factor.  I could care less who lives in a fantasy land and believes that people don't get treated differently because of the color of their skin.  I know all too well that if this was a caucasian team,  a decision this blatant, cruel, and swift would not have been made.  Sometimes we have to stop the politics and be real.  I've given examples of the ignorance that was shown by KIDS of an opposing team . You're telling me that it came from their little innocent minds or the minds of adults that arent prejudice???? Mind you, I said some, not ALL.  But SOME is enough to tarnish the image of the entire league.  Honesty is the best policy no matter who's feelings get hurt.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1164163" timestamp="1327245471"]
Come on Big Titan, RJ may be the reason we scored 3 TD's, but only scored 2 times against us. Once on a kickoff and one big play. We as a team held ya'll in check during that game. It takes more then one player to do that against PA or WOS. Give us a little credit. There's no doubt that eventually PA is going to get some trophies and I would love see ya'll stay. Keep us updated on what happens.
[/quote]
I didn't say that he was the reason you guys won,  its called a team.  I acknowledged that he is a PA kid.  That's it.  I also stated that he might be the best Jr player in the league.  Nothing about him being the entire team, READ my post AGAIN.  If we were stacking this team, I would have told them to go and talk to his dad and see if he would come join the PA Titans. lol  I'm just saying, if we were stacking.

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1164321" timestamp="1327274659"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=94298.msg1164296#msg1164296 date=1327273029]
I find it funny that P.A.(actually 2 posters from P.A.) lump all the cities together and accuse us of racism, being weak, etc....but are complaining that we should not lump the entire P.A. organization as cheaters because of one team or one coach. That my friends is double standards.
[/quote]
First of all, the team that was accused of cheating did nothing of the sort.  We have to get that str8.  So being labeled that doesn't matter because most of us know what happened.  If we stacked a team, do you think those kids would have lost a game.  Let's use some common sense.  SOME of the people from these other cities have shown their prejudice towards some of us.  That sir is a fact.  I did not say that the orgainization was racist.  I wanted to know why my league was kicked out.  There are other teams that have amazing talent, black players, and win (WOS).  So us being new in the league, amazing talent, and being black : one or two of those were a factor.  I could care less who lives in a fantasy land and believes that people don't get treated differently because of the color of their skin.  I know all too well that if this was a caucasian team,  a decision this blatant, cruel, and swift would not have been made.  Sometimes we have to stop the politics and be real.  I've given examples of the ignorance that was shown by KIDS of an opposing team . You're telling me that it came from their little innocent minds or the minds of adults that arent prejudice???? Mind you, I said some, not ALL.  But SOME is enough to tarnish the image of the entire league.  Honesty is the best policy no matter who's feelings get hurt.
[/quote]

Since we don't know why you were voted out, everything above is speculation. You have no facts, just ideas and gut feelings. Sorry this happened to you, but if it was all about black and talent, why is WOS still around?  Why does Lumberton, Port Neches and WOS coaches go meet for beers every year at BWW's?

I'm sure there is a reason (a good one or not), but your not selling me it's racist..........

I talked to somebody close to STJFL that said it's not about the kids at all but about people on the PA board that was the problem. It started out when STJFL found out PA cut signups off 3 months early and then the jr team got caught cutting a bunch of kids from the team after they had already been at practice for a week. Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year. STJFL told PA those guys couldnt be board members anymore but PA wouldnt let them go because they were relatives of the guy that gives PA all their money. Nobody wanted to vote PA kids out but they didnt want the problems anymore either and in they mind PA put a few adults before the kids. The PA president was told why it happened and he was supposed to get back with the STJFL to work something out but they never heard from him. He said they wanted to talk about it but was told they better off not saying anything about details because they dont have an ok from PA to do it. I asked why those other towns left too then but that was already going to happen anyway because those little teams wanted to be on they own away from big towns.

[quote name="jrmdvs536" post="1164358" timestamp="1327280460"]
I talked to somebody close to STJFL that said it's not about the kids at all but about people on the PA board that was the problem. It started out when STJFL found out PA cut signups off 3 months early and then the jr team got caught cutting a bunch of kids from the team after they had already been at practice for a week. Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year. STJFL told PA those guys couldnt be board members anymore but PA wouldnt let them go because they were relatives of the guy that gives PA all their money. Nobody wanted to vote PA kids out but they didnt want the problems anymore either and in they mind PA put a few adults before the kids. The PA president was told why it happened and he was supposed to get back with the STJFL to work something out but they never heard from him. He said they wanted to talk about it but was told they better off not saying anything about details because they dont have an ok from PA to do it. I asked why those other towns left too then but that was already going to happen anyway because those little teams wanted to be on they own away from big towns.
[/quote]

I love this site because anyone can post what they have heard or been told ,...and its 97% a joke, far from whatever really happen !! If the TRUTH was to really be told or come out about this , not most but All people would be surprised or even raise an eyebrow.....

[quote name="One4All" post="1164368" timestamp="1327281912"]
[quote author=jrmdvs536 link=topic=94298.msg1164358#msg1164358 date=1327280460]
[/quote]

I love this site because anyone can post what they have heard or been told ,...and its 97% a joke, far from whatever really happen !! If the TRUTH was to really be told or come out about this , not most but All people would be surprised or even raise an eyebrow.....
[/quote]

why should we believe you over him?

[quote name="One4All" post="1164376" timestamp="1327283659"]
I never asked anyone to belive me or someone else . This hole site is mostly a personal belive on any given forum ........ I just stated if the truth comes out about this most to all people would be SURPRISED Or even raise an eyebrow.....that's it    either way
[/quote]

fair enough

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1164120" timestamp="1327210432"]
Well after doing a little research and it wasnt hard to find out the information I was looking for.  I got a reason out of a board member from a surrounding city of PA.  I was informed that they voted not to keep PA in the league because they thought that PA would stack their teams for next year, so they voted them out.  Mind you, onl 1 team was actually accused of stacking.  PA also informed the league that they would be expanding their teams like the other Associations I.E ( PA Lil Titans- Black, PA Lil Titans Red, PA Lil Titans - Grey) , because they had gotten a lot more interest from more kids to play next year.  PA was going to keep the teams they already had and just add more teams to the league in every division.  Now I think if you are a league and a city is lookinmg to expand, that would be a good problem, not a bad one. The person I got this information from seem to be kind of mad and one of the people who voted against PA, because their organization didnt beat PA.  It also seems that it is more about winning in STJFL instead of about teaching and playing the best.  So like I said in an earlier post.  It was all about Talent. I[u]t happened a few years ago when Nederland (Well Nederland did stay for a whie and split up), Port Neches,Groves,  LCM, Deweyville, Vidor, Lumberton, Bridge City and all the rest of these teams dropped out of Pop Warner to for mtheir own league.  I was just starting out coaching then.  They all left because of 2 teams in the league the PA Cowboys and the PA Jr, Bees.  Both teams would whip all these teams every weekend.  So instead of teaching their kids to play against the best, they dropped out and formed STJFL. NOW THIS. [/u]
[/quote]

Well, I was going to stay out of this and away from this thread until I read this comment.  You see, I was the founding president of the STJFL.  I was the president for the first five years that it existed.  The reasons we left Pop Warner had nothing to do with what you say.  Back in those days, things got way out of hand in Pop Warner.  It was all about the adults.  You couldn't even go to a Pop Warner meeting without all kind of screaming and hollering breaking out.  Delegates from different towns would be arguing and cursing each other.  This spilled over onto the field on Saturday mornings, and the last couple of years that we were there, police had to be called to Pop Warner games several times.  We simply just did not want to be therer any more.  Instead of trying to kick someone out, we went away and started our own league, but I can promise you it had nothing to do with winning or losing.  This just goes to show what type of mentality you have.

I have not been involved in Pop Warner or STJFL for the last several years.  I do not know the reason you guys were kicked out, and it is not any of my business, but please in the future, know what you are talking about before posting on here.  Good luck to you in your upcoming season.

[/quote]
people need to stop hiding behind user names and saying who told them what, and not what they heard. that still leaves room for speculation.

I talked to somebody close to STJFL that said it's not about the kids at all but about people on the PA board that was the problem. It started out when STJFL found out PA cut signups off 3 months early and then the jr team got caught cutting a bunch of kids from the team after they had already been at practice for a week. [color=red]Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year[/color]. STJFL told PA those guys couldnt be board members anymore but PA wouldnt let them go because they were relatives of the guy that gives PA all their money. Nobody wanted to vote PA kids out but they didnt want the problems anymore either and in they mind PA put a few adults before the kids. The PA president was told why it happened and he was supposed to get back with the STJFL to work something out but they never heard from him. He said they wanted to talk about it but was told they better off not saying anything about details because they dont have an ok from PA to do it. I asked why those other towns left too then but that was already going to happen anyway because those little teams wanted to be on they own away from big towns.
[/quote]

I don't know where you got your information from but most of your story is WRONG! Yes PA made mistakes at the beginning during registration and cut off dates. They want to blame PA and not take responsibility by showing or explaining to a 1ST TIME TEAM the procedures. Secondly...you quoted :[color=red]Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year[/color], BUT NOT ONCE WERE THOSE PROBLEMS BROUGHT UP AT A BOARD MEETING. Because I am sure that if some of THOSE PEOPLE would have caused problems they would have been suspended, or worse let go. BUT NO ONE THAT "CAUSED PROBLEMS ALL YR" WERE SUSPENDED OR LET GO!

3RD:YOU STATED: [color=red]STJFL told PA those guys couldnt be board members anymore but PA wouldnt let them go because they were relatives of the guy that gives PA all their money.[/color] That statement is also untrue. STJFL told the president that 2 CERTAIN members had to leave the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION in order to stay. BUT ONCE AGAIN IF THOSE 2 MEMBERS WERE SO [color=red]BAD[/color] THEY COULDN'T FIND REASONS TO KICK THEM OUT DURING THE ENTIRE SEASON!

LETS BE REAL: THEY JUST DIDN'T WANT PA IN! AND THATS THAT!

[quote name="TITANS2011" post="1164620" timestamp="1327341801"]
[quote author=jrmdvs536 link=topic=94298.msg1164358#msg1164358 date=1327280460]
I talked to somebody close to STJFL that said it's not about the kids at all but about people on the PA board that was the problem. It started out when STJFL found out PA cut signups off 3 months early and then the jr team got caught cutting a bunch of kids from the team after they had already been at practice for a week. [color=red]Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year[/color]. STJFL told PA those guys couldnt be board members anymore but PA wouldnt let them go because they were relatives of the guy that gives PA all their money. Nobody wanted to vote PA kids out but they didnt want the problems anymore either and in they mind PA put a few adults before the kids. The PA president was told why it happened and he was supposed to get back with the STJFL to work something out but they never heard from him. He said they wanted to talk about it but was told they better off not saying anything about details because they dont have an ok from PA to do it. I asked why those other towns left too then but that was already going to happen anyway because those little teams wanted to be on they own away from big towns.
[/quote]

I don't know where you got your information from but most of your story is WRONG! Yes PA made mistakes at the beginning during registration and cut off dates. They want to blame PA and not take responsibility by showing or explaining to a 1ST TIME TEAM the procedures. Secondly...you quoted :[color=red]Some of the PA board didnt like the punishment they got and caused a lot of problems all year[/color], BUT NOT ONCE WERE THOSE PROBLEMS BROUGHT UP AT A BOARD MEETING. Because I am sure that if some of THOSE PEOPLE would have caused problems they would have been suspended, or worse let go. BUT NO ONE THAT "CAUSED PROBLEMS ALL YR" WERE SUSPENDED OR LET GO!

3RD:YOU STATED: [color=red]STJFL told PA those guys couldnt be board members anymore but PA wouldnt let them go because they were relatives of the guy that gives PA all their money.[/color] That statement is also untrue. [color=green][size=14pt]STJFL told the president that 2 CERTAIN members had to leave the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION in order to stay.[/size][/color] BUT ONCE AGAIN IF THOSE 2 MEMBERS WERE SO [color=red]BAD[/color] THEY COULDN'T FIND REASONS TO KICK THEM OUT DURING THE ENTIRE SEASON!

LETS BE REAL: THEY JUST DIDN'T WANT PA IN! AND THATS THAT!
[/quote]

This whole thing was started cause yall all said the STJFL didnt tell you anything! Even the PA president came on and swore he didnt know. Now you say they told you what u had to do to stay but yall didnt want to hear it. If you didnt want to meet they demands just say it and move on to gigger and better. Why yall want to start up race and talent when you know its not what its about? 1forall was wrong cause the truth is in here..... you just got to look hard to find it. I bet your a PA board member maybe even 1 they told had to leave.

LETS BE REAL: ITS NOT ABOUT RACE OR TALENT LIKE YOU BEEN SAYING

[quote name="elhector1" post="1161376" timestamp="1326807515"]
big dog, I can understand that this needs to be closely watched, or else it can turn ugly.  Having said that, it is a fine line that you walk, between responsible monitoring and censorship.  STJFL made a concious decision to exclude a whole area from competition, and they never gave the participaing parents a reason why.  When you have nothing else to go on, you speculate and assume...it's human nature...

Now, I will offer a correction.  What happened to me was as a flag coach for the Orange Cobras organization, it happened a few years back, but it DID NOT happen at an STJFL event.  Big Titan's did.  My point was that racism is alive and well, no matter what we may work toward...there will always be individuals that behave hat way.  Is the STJFL racist?  I don't beleive it is.  What has happened is that they are offering no reasons as to their actions.  That is troublesome, and something that might end up in a bigger court of public opinion where they will not have the luxury of having a thread locked to help them remain silent.
[/quote]

That sure sounds like a bunch of opinions for only hearing one side of the story!

I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong. I'm just saying there are two sides to every story.

[quote name="td" post="1165025" timestamp="1327421820"]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=94298.msg1161376#msg1161376 date=1326807515]
big dog, I can understand that this needs to be closely watched, or else it can turn ugly.  Having said that, it is a fine line that you walk, between responsible monitoring and censorship.  STJFL made a concious decision to exclude a whole area from competition, and they never gave the participaing parents a reason why.  When you have nothing else to go on, you speculate and assume...it's human nature...

Now, I will offer a correction.  What happened to me was as a flag coach for the Orange Cobras organization, it happened a few years back, but it DID NOT happen at an STJFL event.  Big Titan's did.  My point was that racism is alive and well, no matter what we may work toward...there will always be individuals that behave hat way.  Is the STJFL racist?  I don't beleive it is.  What has happened is that they are offering no reasons as to their actions.  That is troublesome, and something that might end up in a bigger court of public opinion where they will not have the luxury of having a thread locked to help them remain silent.
[/quote]

That sure sounds like a bunch of opinions for only hearing one side of the story!

I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong. I'm just saying there are [b]two sides to every story.[/b]
[/quote]

I have always said there are 3 sides to every store.  His, hers and then some where in the middle is the truth.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder