PA Titans voted out of the STJFL????

BigTitan

The PA Junior team had an infraction for supposedly stacking their team.  How can you stack a team with the same players the coaches coached the year before in Pop Warner.  I don't know if the board knew that or not.  Their problem was not keeping track of the ALL the players that registered.  That was not intentional, no matter what some may think.  Those coaches are stand up guys, and  insinuating that they cheated was a shot at their character.  The STJFL board should have heard out the coaches before they made a final decision.  So the whole year we had the stigma of being a stacked team which was far from the truth.  But no one cared about the truth.  That Jr team lost 2 games.  If it was a stacked team, they would have killed the competition from game 1.  FYI

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1162510" timestamp="1326933223"]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1162484#msg1162484 date=1326931427]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=94298.msg1162167#msg1162167 date=1326899703]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1161885#msg1161885 date=1326852241]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=94298.msg1161869#msg1161869 date=1326851368]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1161861#msg1161861 date=1326850876]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=94298.msg1161851#msg1161851 date=1326850399]
We had a similar situation happen to the Beaumont Bulls....but the Senior Team was removed....why?  cause we kicked butt!!!....but the President of the league, who also coached a senior team, didn't feel he could compete with a team of our caliber....so, they just removed us....ASSUMING we stacked ONE team...not all our teams...just the one his son competed in... ::)

Sometimes you just have to deal with a hater that was given a lil more power....they still exist...as for all the racist comments by the kids...what can one say?...do the best you can in raising your kids...that's all one can do...

I don't know why PA was removed, but I can share the facts of my experience when we were removed from the other league.
[/quote]
Was it the first year, or were you guys there longer?
[/quote]1st year
[/quote]

Wow.  Did they give you guys a reason.  [b]In my eyes,  its supposed to be about the kids.[/b]  They totally ignored that very IMPORTANT fact.  This doesn't bring us together, it only separates us.  But I guess I'm playing the race card.  Oh well.
[/quote]

How old is your oldest child and is this your first year playing in sports?  I have all girls but I do have nephews that play sports and my girls played sports in Middle School and one played Basketball at the YMCA.  Stuff like this happens in all sports, yes sports should be about the kids but in some cases it isn't.  It is more about the ego's of a few grown ups than sportsmanship of the kids. 

Let me tell you about my experience at the YMCA of PA.  When my daughter was in 7th grade and just started playing BB a friend of ours got a team of girls together and formed a coed team to play at the Y.  The team my daughter was on was the only team to play against the all boy teams and they held their own but lost every time.  Now when they played the other girl teams they won but did take some cheap shots and the Coach of one of the teams showed the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen from a grown up and she was over all the sports at the Y.  What a great thing to teach those kids.  NOT  I was so disgusted with this coaches display of unsportsmanship not only to our coach but to the kids.  She wouldn't let her team shack out teams hand and she wouldn't even congratulate our coach on winning.  That was the last time my child ever played at the Y. It isn't about weather  you win or lose but how you play the game and what your coaches teach you.  I also wrote a letter to the director of the Y and never heard a word back from them.
[/quote]
My son is 11.  He's been playing for awhile now.  I haven't told him about the STFJL decision and I won't, because there will always be youth football.
[/quote]

I hate that whatever reason that the PA league was kicked out.  Weather it was right or wrong doesn't matter and you probably will never get an answer.  Just remind your son that sometimes there are things in life that are not fair but that he should always be the best he can be no matter what.  I am sure as a parent you doing everything you can to protect your child from all the ugliness of the world but sometimes we can't we just have to do the best we can.  Good Luck to you and your family in whatever the future holds in football and other sports.
[/quote]
Thanks.  Same to you and your family.

I'm hearing Orangfield, Bridge City, LCM, Kountze and Wos are talking behind closed doors on a possible forming their own league. Let me reiterate, I have no facts, just something I've heard. Heard it more then once for weeks now, and I'm sure others have heard of this as well.

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1162637" timestamp="1326971194"]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=94298.msg1162591#msg1162591 date=1326944613]
By kicking P.A out, im hearing STJFL will lose 4 others teams. If so, this is sad. Just let P.A in. Their kids don't deserve this.
[/quote]
Why will they lose the other 4 teams?
[/quote]I'm assuming for all the reasons below

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1162639" timestamp="1326973589"]
I'm hearing Orangfield, Bridge City, LCM, Kountze and Wos are talking behind closed doors on a possible forming their own league. Let me reiterate, I have no facts, just something I've heard. Heard it more then once for weeks now, and I'm sure others have heard of this as well.
[/quote]

I heard the same thing! And more than once also. If this is true, then there might be some truth in to the reason why no one is speaking up on why Port Arthur was kicked out. For other teams to consider leaving STJFL, makes the entire league look bad. If youth football is suppossed to be about the kids and STJFL is standing up to that, then why would other teams leave. ****I guess this is another question that will never be answered*****

[quote name="TITANS2011" post="1162819" timestamp="1326991017"]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=94298.msg1162639#msg1162639 date=1326973589]
[/quote]

I heard the same thing! And more than once also. If this is true, then there might be some truth in to the reason why no one is speaking up on why Port Arthur was kicked out. For other teams to consider leaving STJFL, makes the entire league look bad. If youth football is suppossed to be about the kids and STJFL is standing up to that, then why would other teams leave. ****I guess this is another question that will never be answered*****
[/quote]
That might have been the door opening that the PA president was talking about.  That shows u that a lot of people do think the decisions that have been made were wrong and unjust.  If we keep it about the kids, then everything else will str8in itself out.

First off let me say that I knew that this was going to happen whether this year or in a few years.  I am a former Pop Warner Coach of 15 years and a parent of one of the Lil Titans.  I witnessed on a few occassions at some of their games where the opposing teams would make up rules as they go along to try to prevent the Lil Titans from winning.  Now as for the PA Lil Titans coaches and Board members the first thing that you should have done was read and discussed all rules with STJFL President and board. To make sure that you werent breaking any of them. 
Secondly, STJFL has a rule that you can't stack a team.  PA was accused of Stacking one of their teams.  But can someone please explain how PNG has 3 teams in a division and they all finish with different record. 1 team 8 - 0, the next 4 - 4 and the other 0-8.  Now they say that they drafted their teams. But what coach do you know would draft all kids to a team that would be 0-8. Please Explain.
And Lastly, PA people and fans.  Our high school Memorial Titans are going thru the same thing right now as we speak.  None of the teams that have association with the STJFL want to play our kids.  Race has nothing to do with it, ITS TALENT.  Our kids from Flag to High School has tremedous talent on all levels.  At the High School Level. PNG has backed out of their game with Memorial, but says that they would scrimmage us.  Nederland has said that he would never play Memorial. And the other schools are just to afraid to even think about playing us.  So it has nothing to do with race.  ITS ABOUT THE TALENT WE HAVE IN PA. They can run all they want, but when colleges come to SE Texas, they dont stop in Nederland, Pt. Neches or even Bridge City.  They go to PORT ARTHUR.  Oh except for LAMAR.

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1162875" timestamp="1326995947"]
2012 STJFL
1. LUMBERTON
2. PNG
3. NEDERLAND
4. VIDOR
5. BMT
6. KOUNTZE??

2012 ???
1. Wos
2. Bridge City
3. LCM
4. Orangefield
5. Port Arthur
6. Kountze??
[/quote]

DANG! If true then STJFL got the better end of that deal. Kountze is allright but what is LCM Orangefield and Bridge City thinking? There game will be like the cockroach running around the garage! They will get the stomped it just a matter of how bad they guts splatter!! LOL

[quote name="jrmdvs536" post="1163013" timestamp="1327014259"]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=94298.msg1162875#msg1162875 date=1326995947]
2012 STJFL
1. LUMBERTON
2. PNG
3. NEDERLAND
4. VIDOR
5. BMT
6. KOUNTZE??

2012 ???
1. Wos
2. Bridge City
3. LCM
4. Orangefield
5. Port Arthur
6. Kountze??
[/quote]

DANG! If true then STJFL got the better end of that deal. Kountze is allright but what is LCM Orangefield and Bridge City thinking? There game will be like the cockroach running around the garage! They will get the stomped it just a matter of how bad they guts splatter!! LOLa
[/quote]LCM, Orangefield, and B.C stood up for what was right. You don't treat kids like that. Those kids didn't have anything to do with all this mess. They served their punishment by not going to the playoffs. 
I think FEAR has alot to do with it!!

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1163025" timestamp="1327016031"]
I wouldn't say they got the better deal, more like they may have gotten what they've wanted. Think about this, the new STJFL is 98% Caucasian, 2% (few blk kids from Bmt and Ned) BLACK!! I sure hope this isn't about COLOR, hard not to though!!
[/quote]

Which one is it? Did the league kick these teams out to get all white teams or did these teams stand up for what was right? Everybody is guessing and even worse calling a lot of people racist when no body knows. STJFL isnt saying and PA says they dont know either.

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1162951" timestamp="1327004434"]
First off let me say that I knew that this was going to happen whether this year or in a few years.  I am a former Pop Warner Coach of 15 years and a parent of one of the Lil Titans.  I witnessed on a few occassions at some of their games where the opposing teams would make up rules as they go along to try to prevent the Lil Titans from winning.  Now as for the PA Lil Titans coaches and Board members the first thing that you should have done was read and discussed all rules with STJFL President and board. To make sure that you werent breaking any of them. 
Secondly, STJFL has a rule that you can't stack a team.  PA was accused of Stacking one of their teams.  But can someone please explain how PNG has 3 teams in a division and they all finish with different record. 1 team 8 - 0, the next 4 - 4 and the other 0-8.  Now they say that they drafted their teams. But what coach do you know would draft all kids to a team that would be 0-8. Please Explain.
And Lastly, PA people and fans.  Our high school Memorial Titans are going thru the same thing right now as we speak.  None of the teams that have association with the STJFL want to play our kids.  Race has nothing to do with it, ITS TALENT.  Our kids from Flag to High School has tremedous talent on all levels.  At the High School Level. PNG has backed out of their game with Memorial, but says that they would scrimmage us.  Nederland has said that he would never play Memorial. And the other schools are just to afraid to even think about playing us.  So it has nothing to do with race.  ITS ABOUT THE TALENT WE HAVE IN PA. They can run all they want, but when colleges come to SE Texas, they dont stop in Nederland, Pt. Neches or even Bridge City.  They go to PORT ARTHUR.  Oh except for LAMAR.
[/quote]
I like that remark about PNG's 3 teams. lol  Thought I was the only one that thought like that.

One4All you are right.  I apologize for saying all of STJFL. But the majority of STJFL. I personally know a few good people associated with other teams in the league.  I will call and ask them what happened. But until someone gives the President an answer on why their organization was put out of the league.  Then you are going to have all kinds of speculations on both sides. But the good news is that Im pretty sure that PA will land into another league. 
But what amazes me so much is that the PA Lil Titans are sponsored by Jamaal Charles.  The same player that most of the STJFL Board, League, Parents, Members or anyone associated with. Admires this young man to the fullest, and would love to shake his right hand and claim that he is from SE Texas.  But you put his sponsored team out of the league.  Look at the IRONY in that.

This is the same Jamaal Charles who sponsors the PA Lil Titans.  I can remember the President of the STJFL getting Jamaal to sign his football helmet in Little Cypress and telling him that his PA Lil Titans will be alright in the league.  Jamaal asked (not wanting) and explanation on why they couldnt play in the playoffs.  The President informed him of the rules that had been broken, and he said that was what had to be done. Jamaal didnt have any hard feelings, he just told the coaches like Ive always told them. To make sure they read up on the rules.  After that, he informed Jamaal that the PA Lil Titans would be ok in the league and got his helmet signed.  And now this.  Guess the helmet wasnt worth much since Jamaal tore his ACL this year.  He should have given him a jersey.

[quote name="58SHW" post="1161194" timestamp="1326741077"]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1161185#msg1161185 date=1326739186]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1160270#msg1160270 date=1326594511]
Is there someone that can explain why Port Arthur was voted out of the STJFL.  There is no reason for denying our kids to play in this league that has teams from all over the area.  Its only proper for someone that was involoved in the process to explain what happened.  This is wrong on so many levels.  STJFL, its time to step up and do some explaining.
[/quote]

Lets be honest here. It is a shame that Port Arthur were voted out of STJFL. We can all blame it on violations, cheating, stacking and many other reasons. But the truth will never come out! It was one thing for the Port Arthur kids to have good talent and win their games but it becomes a problem in STJFL League when they win too many games! If anyone remembers, Port Arthur was punished for the assuption of STACKING, in which STJFL punished them by taking playoff opportuinity away. A punishment that was harsh but also taken with pride and the kids still had an opportunity to participate. During the entire football season, there are only a handful of incidents that can be named out of all their 5 teams, compared to other STJFL teams that had MORE THAN A FEW!

Is this a good enough reason why the entire organization is kicked out?

No! Unfortunatly, many don't want to admit it, but I am pretty sure that athletic ability and [size=14pt][color=red][u][b]race played a part of it[/b][/u][/color][/size]! It is just sad that in the yr of 2012 people are still discriminated against, and most of all it not only affects the adults, but about 150 children as well. There should have been a better resolution to this situation, but to STJFL kicking Port Arthur out was their solution. I know that everyboy don't agree and this is a fourm of opinions, this is just mine
[/quote]

And as long as people like you get on here and spew this crap without facts to support it....it will stay live and well....but then again, its become expected not only on this site but most anywhere...

Why not offer facts (if known) or wait until they are...rather than make assumptions to this degree....if RACE is in fact the reason and you KNOW that and can PROVE that...then those  responsible should be punished while returning PA to the league....if you cant...then it just make those playing the "race card" look all the more ignorant!
[/quote]
Do you really think PA would return to STJFL even if they were asked?  Really? lol  People make assumptions when people that have the answers remain silent.  Its human nature lil buddy.  We all do it.

[quote name="58SHW" post="1161210" timestamp="1326742776"]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1161204#msg1161204 date=1326741932]
[quote author=58SHW link=topic=94298.msg1161194#msg1161194 date=1326741077]
[quote author=TITANS2011 link=topic=94298.msg1161185#msg1161185 date=1326739186]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1160270#msg1160270 date=1326594511]
Is there someone that can explain why Port Arthur was voted out of the STJFL.  There is no reason for denying our kids to play in this league that has teams from all over the area.  Its only proper for someone that was involoved in the process to explain what happened.  This is wrong on so many levels.  STJFL, its time to step up and do some explaining.
[/quote]

Lets be honest here. It is a shame that Port Arthur were voted out of STJFL. We can all blame it on violations, cheating, stacking and many other reasons. But the truth will never come out! It was one thing for the Port Arthur kids to have good talent and win their games but it becomes a problem in STJFL League when they win too many games! If anyone remembers, Port Arthur was punished for the assuption of STACKING, in which STJFL punished them by taking playoff opportuinity away. A punishment that was harsh but also taken with pride and the kids still had an opportunity to participate. During the entire football season, there are only a handful of incidents that can be named out of all their 5 teams, compared to other STJFL teams that had MORE THAN A FEW!

Is this a good enough reason why the entire organization is kicked out?

No! Unfortunatly, many don't want to admit it, but I am pretty sure that athletic ability and [size=14pt][color=red][u][b]race played a part of it[/b][/u][/color][/size]! It is just sad that in the yr of 2012 people are still discriminated against, and most of all it not only affects the adults, but about 150 children as well. There should have been a better resolution to this situation, but to STJFL kicking Port Arthur out was their solution. I know that everyboy don't agree and this is a fourm of opinions, this is just mine
[/quote]

And as long as people like you get on here and spew this crap without facts to support it....it will stay live and well....but then again, its become expected not only on this site but most anywhere...

Why not offer facts (if known) or wait until they are...rather than make assumptions to this degree....if RACE is in fact the reason and you KNOW that and can PROVE that...then those  responsible should be punished while returning PA to the league....if you cant...then it just make those playing the "race card" look all the more ignorant!
[/quote]

You want facts okay!
#1. Stjfl punished Port Arthur for improper registration. A punishment that was served out
#2. Port Arthur played a great season without altercations that lead up to indefinate suspension, disqualifications, or MPRs not being met.
#3. Port Arthur's overall wins vs. loses were the best in the league.
#4. The fate of Port Arthur was not an issue during the entire season.
#5. Port Arthur's kids were not able to participated in the Super Bowl to be crowned champions but they were asked to participate in the Pro Bowl (to help the other teams)

WHAT MORE CAN I SAY or WHAT OTHER FACTS DO YOU WANT?

Let me guess these facts are all reason why Port Arthur should STAY IN STJFL? Or are these facts the reason WHY THEY WERE KICKED OUT?

[b]QUOTE: The only thing worst than someone being racist, is PRETENDING THAT THEY ARE NOT![/b][/quote]

There you go again....No way to "prove" whether I am or am not a racist based on what I said....your comments however is "proof" you played the race card.....

[b]Even "if" what you say is correct and are facts, what is there to gain by bashing STJFL on this basis[/b]. It would seem to me, it would only create more hostility. Therefore you aren't helping the kids of PA, you are doing them no more good than the ones you accuse.... ;)

To be proactive rather than reactive might serve you and the kids of PA better.....just saying
[/quote]
If you were slapped in the face, would you react or be proactive?  The City of Port Arthur was disrespected by the STJFL, and the league president wasn't notified of his league's termination.  If anyone thinks thats ok, you're pathetic and they're cowards for not being men and tell this man about their decision face to face.   

You PA guys are lumping a whole organization like everyone is scared of ya'll? I can't speak for the PNG organization or the high school, but my boys age group never backed down from anyone! When we were in peewee, we asked to play WOS because we felt that would show us where we needed to improve. We lost to them in a hard fought game and came back to beat them in the Super Bowl. First year of junior we asked to play WOS again and they handed a butt whipping to us, but made our kids work harder. This past year we played PA and beat them in a tough game and lost by 4 extra points to WOS in the Super Bowl. I can promise you that not all groups are scared.

I have no clue on the issues with PA, but if it was up to me, heck I would allow all of Beaumont and all of PA in. I think it makes everyone better. I'm not on a board, just one of the coaches and a father. Please don't include all in one organization!

N D N nation I personally don't believe that everybody within the organization of STJFL are bad.  But I believe that consideration was not taken from every organizations board when the fate of my team was discussed. Personally I will tell all that I didn't feel that PA did anything so detrimental to the extent that we should have been put out.
What about our kids is what bothers me? I personally left the meeting hurt as I would have to explain to the parents and kids that we were not wanted, and without a reason as to why we were not wanted.  No answers were given to me as to why this happened, so you have to forgive those opinions and speculations as to personal feelings to what some may believe.  There are plenty like you who would step up to the plate and face any challange put in front them.  It's sad that you don't sit on the board and are able to speak that which would have been logical. 
My organization is moving forward, we will be playing football.  PA did not die because of the decision we got stronger.  We will continue to do so.

One more thing that I must say, people we have to be open minded, there is always a better way to settle a situation, besides casting someone out.  There is always two sides to every story.  In the end no one involved in this situation won.  Putting us out didn't benefit your kids nor mine.  What do you tell your kids when they ask where is the Titans.
Why can't our kids play with yours.  I believe that putting your organization out would not only hurt your kids but mine as well. 
I believe in addressing issues individually.  If there is a problem with a person I address him not the entire organization. 
When we as adults place winning over everything this becomes the end result and its ugly.  In defeat I learned to get up and try harder,  I although unable to participate in the playoffs watched a good portion of the playoffs and was happy for everyone, for I imagined one day we would hoist the trophy and taste victory. 
Give the kids what they desire to have. Which is to have fun. 

This maybe the second time the STJFL has split. After the first time the Lone Star league was formed, they have done well. The reason for the first split was certain teams were allowing 7th
graders to play that meet the age and weight limits, but were also playing jr. high football. So it seamed that the younger kids were being left out. Also some of the team said they would not
have a team without the 7th graders, so it was split. The STJFL rebounded nicely. This split, if it occurs has NOTHING to do with race at all. When the dust settles you all will know which association are really about the kids and which are about WINNING. WINNING is exactly why P.A. was voted out plain and simple. And the assocations that voted them out know its. What is
really sad i really wonder how many of those board members brought this back to thier leagues to get a vote. It's all about the win people! Last years President of the STJLF tryed to block vote against P.A. but was unable to stop it. I would rather be a cockroach in a garage !!!!!! It appears to me that the STJFL is headed to a select style progam. Meaning they select who they want to play and who they may have a chance to beat. That is just the way i see and i have be coaching for 11yrs, now with my 3rd son. Thru the first split and hopefully the second one.

Well after doing a little research and it wasnt hard to find out the information I was looking for.  I got a reason out of a board member from a surrounding city of PA.  I was informed that they voted not to keep PA in the league because they thought that PA would stack their teams for next year, so they voted them out.  Mind you, onl 1 team was actually accused of stacking.  PA also informed the league that they would be expanding their teams like the other Associations I.E ( PA Lil Titans- Black, PA Lil Titans Red, PA Lil Titans - Grey) , because they had gotten a lot more interest from more kids to play next year.  PA was going to keep the teams they already had and just add more teams to the league in every division.  Now I think if you are a league and a city is lookinmg to expand, that would be a good problem, not a bad one. The person I got this information from seem to be kind of mad and one of the people who voted against PA, because their organization didnt beat PA.  It also seems that it is more about winning in STJFL instead of about teaching and playing the best.  So like I said in an earlier post.  It was all about Talent. It happened a few years ago when Nederland (Well Nederland did stay for a whie and split up), Port Neches,Groves,  LCM, Deweyville, Vidor, Lumberton, Bridge City and all the rest of these teams dropped out of Pop Warner to for mtheir own league.  I was just starting out coaching then.  They all left because of 2 teams in the league the PA Cowboys and the PA Jr, Bees.  Both teams would whip all these teams every weekend.  So instead of teaching their kids to play against the best, they dropped out and formed STJFL. NOW THIS. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder