Galveston Ball Needs Games

Guest ECBucFan
If just one or the other (Vidor or Ned.) had came off the Ball schedule, you could certainly give Ball the benefit of the doubt. However, if Vidor & Ned [i]were both removed simultaneously[/i], you can bet this is racial Crosby antics going on at Ball. Really sad.

[quote name="dockofthebay" post="1157543" timestamp="1326238240"]
I promise you Vidor or Ned did not drop Ball, sounds like another Crosby situation to me. That is a good question why schedule games and then turn around and post for openings the same weeks?.....sounds fishy to me! :-\
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't read the post about the Galveston school board.  If that is the way things are going to go, Coach Valastro won't be there very long.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1157551" timestamp="1326240557"]
If just one or the other (Vidor or Ned.) had came off the Ball schedule, you could certainly give Ball the benefit of the doubt. However, if Vidor & Ned [i]were both removed simultaneously[/i], you can bet this is racial Crosby antics going on at Ball. Really sad.
[/quote]

Guys, let's not jump to conclusions. It could be that Galveston Ball is struggling and not wanting to play two pretty good football teams that went three rounds deep to start next year. I don't particularly buy the racism thing because both Nederland and Vidor are racially intregrated schools. Especially after the beating Crosby took for it....

The problem I have with all of this is that Ball did not schedule Vidor and Ned until after the season was over and knew what type of teams they were scheduling, that being said, why schedule and then suddenly drop? Makes no sense to me, its not like its 4 or 5 hours between the schools. If somebody could explain I'm all ears!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="tupac7" post="1157507" timestamp="1326236422"]
I was told [u][b][size=14pt]school board[/size][/b] would not allow [/u]them to play those two teams. Wonder why.
[/quote]

There is your answer. Did everyone miss that? If it was due to "strength of teams" or whatever, the coach, not the school board would have changed the schedule. This looks like Crosby all over again.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1157703" timestamp="1326252423"]
[quote author=tupac7 link=topic=93952.msg1157507#msg1157507 date=1326236422]
I was told [u][b][size=14pt]school board[/size][/b] would not allow [/u]them to play those two teams. Wonder why.
[/quote]

There is your answer. Did everyone miss that? If it was due to "strength of teams" or whatever, the coach, not the school board would have changed the schedule. This looks like Crosby all over again.
[/quote]

No offense ECBucfan but I sure hope you're wrong. I've had about enough of the racism crud.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="robanadana" post="1157843" timestamp="1326284568"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=93952.msg1157703#msg1157703 date=1326252423]
[quote author=tupac7 link=topic=93952.msg1157507#msg1157507 date=1326236422]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No offense ECBucfan but I sure hope you're wrong. I've had about enough of the racism crud.
[/quote]

Oh me too! I really hope things are NOT as they appear, I am way sick of it too. I would love for a plausible explanation to come out from the GISD school board, but I'm not holding my breath.

Even if the undelying reason is not race based, I would have a problem with this. 

First, we all know that all of these coaches have been trying to get their tentative non-district schedules in front of the upcoming realignment.  Now, less than a month to that realignment when of dance cards are already full, 3 coaches (Valastro, Neumann and Mathews) are now having to scramble around to fill the hole created by the decision of the board.

Second, if I am Tony Valastro and less than 1 year after I was hired by this very same school board to turn the fortunes of the Tors around, they are interfering in decisions which I have made to effect that goal, I am spending this time to polish my resume and fashion the resignation letter that I will submit at the end of the 2012 football season. 

Unless the reason behind the actions of the board are budgetary in nature, they are not justified.

Can state without hesitation - It is not a racial thing.  Good Lord - get a grip.  You want to know why call me, otherwise stop with the racial comments.  Scrimmaged Nederland this past year and they were a class act just like Vidor is - think a little and quit trying to stir the pot. 

Well, if playdefense says the reason is not racially based that is good enough for me (and that is sincere).  But like I said earlier, the mere fact that school board is "interfering" (if that is too strong a word someone let me know) in a coach's scheduling decisions is troubling to me.

Maybe afraid of sea sickness from the ferry ride. If someone knows why, put it out there. Being a lifelong Vidorian, I'm sick to death of people cancelling games with us or refusing to play us for whatever reason. It's happening way too much lately, the past is the past. Hope Texarkana has an opening on their schedule or we can find another Catholic school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86