Evadale vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/Hamshire-Fannett wins 68-61!

Hamshire Fannett JV 39 Evadale JV 19

Varsity:
Hamshire Fannett 68
Evadale              61

Scoring:
H-F: Guilhas 17,Hulet 13,Crites 11,DeLord 10,Crawford 8,Alton 4,Kiker 2,Cossey 2,Villemez 1

Evadale: Jackson 24,Porter 13,Conner 10,Herrington 7,Gipson 2, Langston 2,Thompson 2

Evadale (14-7) Next Game vs Big Sandy 1/6 @ Big Sandy

oh my oh my.....

do yall go to the games?

do yall know basketball?

not trying to take anything away from evadale, but HF should ve won by 20, but its hard to do that when a certain parent has connections to adminstration and complains about her daughter not playing and therefore the coach plays her fearful of her job or to keep parents off her back.and therefore their daughter starts/plays most of the game when the player was a manager last year because sorry but lets be realistic she's not good.
if the coach doesn't play the best players and don't change her "made up" defense that is a joke.... then they'll end up in the 3rd or 4th place position and still make playoffs but has a team that could be 2nd and fight HJ for first.

Orangefield and HJ will expose her crap defense and her personnel "playing time" decisions

[quote name="Catcher11" post="1154408" timestamp="1325707625"]
Dang 5gallonbucket you sound like you are ONE HECK of a SIDELINE coach.
[/quote]
well i ve been watching this team for 2 years now..

i know my basketball 
  my resume:  allstate highschool, college basketball, and have coached for 7 years.  I m not the perfect coach but when a student goes from manager to a starter and didn't even tryout for basketball....something's lil fishy.

I feel for the girls on the team.

Go and watch them play then get back to me

I have watched most of these girls play since 1st or 2nd grade, and I can honestly say you have no idea what you are talking about.  There is no former "manager" playing for HF, and I can attest that at least all of the parents and players I have talked with think highly of the new coach - she's the first coach in years that truly seems to care.  Unfortunately, it sounds like sour grapes from someone who's daugher is not getting the PT they think she deserves........

"from manager to starter" ...boloney!!! Any girls on the bench last year not suited up were injured players.  Get facts straight. This ladyhorn team has lots of talented girls. Hard to say which are the best five because they all have something great that they bring to the floor . They cant all play the whole game. HF is fortunate to have such an awesome group of girls to represent their community. 

Hey 5gallonbucket impressive resume but I've got to admit i have a few years on you.  FYI i have watched them play and have been impressed with what i saw.  It is just sad that a caring coach with a great group of kids has to deal with sideline critics as harsh as you.  One would think you would be more professional as a coach and not bash another coach on a public forum ... but I guess not.  WOW

Sorry guys but you have no clue about girls basketball. The HF teams of 06,07and 08 would beat the current team of HF by 30 points. Believe me I have watched girls basketball for a long time. There is no athlete on the current team like Memri Cameron, Cheyene Craigen, Meagan Gary or Kendra Wright.  The same can be said about Orangefield the teams of 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 could beat the current team  at Orangefield by 40 points. You parents are so funny can I say"Rose colored glasses".

Can I say... Whatever? No one here saying this is the best team to ever step foot in the longhorn gym.. Just TRYING to be positive about a talented group of CHILDREN (that read this stuff!) who are about to start district play. They have everything they need to advance to the playoffs and their fans should be behind them supporting their efforts. They all bring 100% to the game and none deserve to be slammed on a public forum. btw solo they're not ranked 17th because they are a bunch of slackers! AND no... I do not have a daughter on this team.

[quote name="bleachersitter" post="1154592" timestamp="1325735437"]
Can I say... Whatever? No one here saying this is the best team to ever step foot in the longhorn gym.. Just TRYING to be positive about a talented group of CHILDREN (that read this stuff!) who are about to start district play. They have everything they need to advance to the playoffs and their fans should be behind them supporting their efforts. They all bring 100% to the game and none deserve to be slammed on a public forum. btw solo they're not ranked 17th because they are a bunch of slackers! AND no... I do not have a daughter on this team.
[/quote]

I can tell you are woman, let me say this my comments are directed at the parents. As for the kids maybe they should use my post as motivation.

From my standpoint i have seen both games, Evadale and HF. They are the only team to score over 50 against Evadale this season and they did it twice. It is no accident. Evadale is pretty good defensive team and the first time they played HF won by 16 and Evadales post fouled out after she had 20. So I have a lot of respect for the job HF coach has done. I believe Evadale beat them last year by about 8. Evadale is a tough game just ask those who play them. One of areas best programs.
Good luck longhorns and Coach.

[quote name="passingthru" post="1154454" timestamp="1325713665"]
I have watched most of these girls play since 1st or 2nd grade, and I can honestly say you have no idea what you are talking about.  There is no former "manager" playing for HF, and I can attest that at least all of the parents and players I have talked with think highly of the new coach - she's the first coach in years that truly seems to care.  Unfortunately, it sounds like sour grapes from someone who's daugher is not getting the PT they think she deserves........
[/quote]
i have no sour grapes....for one i don't have a daughter on the team...my oldest child is not even in high school.  and if you think all parents think highly of the coach think again.

i have no sour grapes....and there are some talented girls on the team. and they will make the playoffs. 

they re winning most of their games with that crap match up zone defense....i don't even know what it is.  they do better in man defense.  I don't wanna name names, but if you honestly wanna tell me the one that was a manager/injured last year is a starter...then take off your glasses off or put some on...what ever the case may be.

i believe the coach pushes the girls and thats good.

but you have to base your defense on what personnel your dealt...
and you have to play the best players....and not because of fear of parents

[quote author=bleachersitter link=topic=93665.msg1154503#msg1154503 date=1325721568]
"from manager to starter" ...boloney!!! Any girls on the bench last year not suited up were injured players.  Get facts straight. This ladyhorn team has lots of talented girls. [b]Hard to say which are the best five because they all have something great that they bring to the floor .[/b] They cant all play the whole game. HF is fortunate to have such an awesome group of girls to represent their community. 
[/quote]

are you joking.... you must have a daughter on the team.... cut your emotional ties away and look at it for what it is. 

[quote name="Catcher11" post="1154560" timestamp="1325730952"]
Hey 5gallonbucket impressive resume but I've got to admit i have a few years on you.  FYI i have watched them play and have been impressed with what i saw.  It is just sad that a caring coach with a great group of kids has to deal with sideline critics as harsh as you.  One would think you would be more professional as a coach and not bash another coach on a public forum ... but I guess not.  WOW
[/quote]

Your right i shouldn't bash her....i apologize for that, but if you really look at the make up of the team you can't tell me she's playing the best players....maybe it due to injury. 

And please watch that "whatever defense" they run....  if they run that against HJ or Orangefield its gonna get ugly fast.  And these girls have the talent to compete with HJ and beat out Orangefield for 2nd place.

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1154814" timestamp="1325785908"]
[quote author=Catcher11 link=topic=93665.msg1154560#msg1154560 date=1325730952]
[/quote]

Your right i shouldn't bash her....i apologize for that, but if you really look at the make up of the team you can't tell me she's playing the best players....maybe it due to injury. 

And please watch that "whatever defense" they run....  if they run that against HJ or Orangefield its gonna get ugly fast.  And these girls have the talent to compete with HJ and beat out Orangefield for 2nd place.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12