Hamshire-Fannett basketball coach resigns after allegations of inappropriate con

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1147334" timestamp="1324066262"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=93157.msg1147320#msg1147320 date=1324065666]
Now that I think about it, hasn't this guy also coached GIRLS basketball too!? SMH
[/quote]

Actually, that is what he has coached mostly, girls basketball. Coached the Kountze girls for 3-4 years.
[/quote]

That's what I'm saying AAW. That it what disgusts me even more. Who knows what has happened in the past with him coaching GIRLS basketball.

This guy has got to be an idiot.  To even begin to think you can get away with something like this is beyond comprehension.  Lets hope that wherever he goes, they decide to do a comprehensive background check on him.  Lucky he did leave and lucky for him the parents took a much higher road than I would have taken. 

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1147760" timestamp="1324133190"]
This guy has got to be an idiot.  To even begin to think you can get away with something like this is beyond comprehension.  Lets hope that wherever he goes, they decide to do a comprehensive background check on him.  Lucky he did leave and lucky for him the parents took a much higher road than I would have taken.
[/quote]

I think it's over for this guy...as far as working in any school.  Why do people think they can get away with stuff like this?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1148386" timestamp="1324261331"]
[quote author=Sea Aggie link=topic=93157.msg1148376#msg1148376 date=1324258499]
I'm an HF alum and this is the FOURTH teacher-student inappropriate relationship that has happened since the 04-05 school year. There must be something in the water out here!
[/quote]Gotta be Taylor Bayou.
[/quote]Water on the brain maybe...lol

Good point! If you go to the TEA website you will be amazed at the number of charges/sanctions placed on educators, it is page after page of this stuff; imagine what it's like across the U.S. I did this as part of my masters program and I was floored by the number of occurences. When they talk about the issues regarding Syracuse and Penn St. I start thinking about how little everyone really knows concerning the alarming rate in which this is occuring across Texas, it is absolutely insane.

[quote name="hjhawks" post="1148975" timestamp="1324395232"]
Correct me if I am wrong, but in Texas it is illegal for a teacher to have a relationship with a student regardless of if they are 18 or not.  (It is likened to "Official Oppression").... This type of behavior is sick, inappropriate should not be tolerated!
[/quote] I think its more of a school policy not a crime, if the student is 18 of course.

hjhawks is correct and BLUEDOVE3 is ----well -----not very well informed  ::) .

Several years back the Texas State Legislature made it a crime for a student, regardless of age, and an employee of a school district to have an inappropriate relationship. It is NOT simply a "school policy".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder