Nederland Tournament

Guest CTH13

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://basketballboys.nederland.highschool.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml?gid=370763&sessionid=ef2094bd83c8e2516dbe2272e6501639

Here is a link to the bracket. The following teams are in it:

Nederland>Westbrook
WOS>

Silsbee
HCYA

Baytown Sterling
PNG

Central>
Port Arthur Memorial>The Village

Nederland or Silsbee should win the top part of the bracket, and Central or The Village will probably win the lower part of the bracket.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1139282" timestamp="1322975045"]
HCYA could make a statement.
[/quote]

Silsbee with another tough draw.

Played 5A West Brook, 4A #2 Dallas Kimball and 4A #3 Dallas SOC in YMBL and now to start the Nederland tourney they get HCYA.

Some tough going for the Tigers.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1139286" timestamp="1322975472"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92621.msg1139282#msg1139282 date=1322975045]
[/quote]

Played 5A West Brook, 4A #2 Dallas Kimball and 4A #3 Dallas SOC in YMBL and now to start the Nederland tourney they get HCYA.

Some tough going for the Tigers.
[/quote]
I believe they will take care of HCYA. They are good, but i believe the Tigers are better...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1139286" timestamp="1322975472"]
[/quote]

[b]Some tough going for the Tigers[/b].
[/quote]

I agree AAW. Not a favorable draw for Silsbee. I wonder how the YMBL determined who plays each other? Straight draw? Any seedings from previous years?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1139300" timestamp="1322976430"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=92621.msg1139286#msg1139286 date=1322975472]
[/quote]

[b]Some tough going for the Tigers[/b].
[/quote]

I agree AAW. Not a favorable draw for Silsbee. I wonder how the YMBL determined who plays each other? Straight draw? Any seedings from previous years?
[/quote]

I spoke to those in charge of the tourney. The pairings were selected based on hoping to get a local in the finals, which it did. I think it was obvious to everyone the top half was the loaded half. At least that was the opinion of all that I heard from.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1139332" timestamp="1322978899"]
Now its out in the open, good! Looking at the tourney schedule, it was obvious how the scheduled was handled. But I have no problem with it at all. It's a business decision. Just want the Nederland fans to understand how THEY got to the finals!!!!!  ;)
[/quote]

I made this post on another thread, but it applies here too!

Dove, it's really too bad Ozen isn't playing well right now. Then maybe you could spend more time singing their praises and less time being so critical of other teams. My advice would be to start following that Ozen girls team....they are GOOD.

Dove-Didn't NS win this tourney last year? So one COULD conclude that Nederland beat the #1 seed to make it to the finals. Memorial was also in our bracket, but LCM sent them to the Loser's bracket. When the people made this schedule, they did not know PAM would be struggling this early on. And in case you didn't see the game (which i know you didn't), in the 3rd place game, Lufkin lead Kimball the entire game until the end of the 4th Q! So Lufkin, also a 5A team, may be better than you think. But then again, it doesn't help to speak logic to someone who is not logical!
Good luck to your [s]Horns[/s], Panthers, or whoever the next team you choose to support. I've supported the [b]Nederland Bulldogs[/b] for all 44 years of my life!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1139413" timestamp="1323015973"]
Dove-Didn't NS win this tourney last year? So one COULD conclude that Nederland beat the #1 seed to make it to the finals. Memorial was also in our bracket, but LCM sent them to the Loser's bracket. When the people made this schedule, they did not know PAM would be struggling this early on. And in case you didn't see the game (which i know you didn't), in the 3rd place game, Lufkin lead Kimball the entire game until the end of the 4th Q! So Lufkin, also a 5A team, may be better than you think. But then again, it doesn't help to speak logic to someone who is not logical!
Good luck to your [s]Horns[/s], Panthers, or whoever the next team you choose to support. I've supported the [b]Nederland Bulldogs[/b] for all 44 years of my life!
[/quote]

I will say this about the Dallas Kimball/Lufkin game. That was not the Dalllas Kimball team that played the first two games of the tourney. They were just going through the motions against Lufkin for the first 3 quarters, never pressing one second of the game until the middle of the 4th. I believe it was because Royce Johnson, coach of Kimball, was still pissed about losing to North Shore. He never got off the bench during the game up until the 4th and they rotated players in and out much differently than in the previous two games. It was obvious they really didn't care about the game. What most folks don't know, Coach Johnson was threatening to quit the tourney (not play in 3rd place game) and never return to this tournament because he felt the officials (both on and off the court) were against his team. (I heard this first hand as I was back near the hospitality room where this conversation was taking place) Coach Johnson thought the foul calls were too one-sided and he questioned the bracket lay out.

Needless to say, we probably won't see Dallas Kimball back at the YMBL.

I think Ned's path to the finals became easier when both Central, PAM and Ozen lost in the first round. But, they took care of business and they did beat Hightower who had just come off beating down Central. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1139424" timestamp="1323016932"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=92621.msg1139413#msg1139413 date=1323015973]
[/quote]

I will say this about the Dallas Kimball/Lufkin game. That was not the Dalllas Kimball team that played the first two games of the tourney. They were just going through the motions against Lufkin for the first 3 quarters, never pressing one second of the game until the middle of the 4th. I believe it was because Royce Johnson, coach of Kimball, was still pissed about losing to North Shore. He never got off the bench during the game up until the 4th and they rotated
players in and out much differently than in the previous two games. It was obvious they really didn't care about the game. What most folks don't know, Coach Johnson was threatening to quit the tourney (not play in 3rd place game) and never return to this tournament because he felt the officials (both on and off the court) were against his team. (I heard this first hand as I was back near the hospitality room where this conversation was taking place) Coach Johnson thought the foul calls were too one-sided and he questioned the bracket lay out.

Needless to say, we probably won't see Dallas Kimball back at the YMBL.

I think Ned's path to the finals became easier when both Central, PAM and Ozen lost in the first
round. But, they took care of business and they did beat Hightower who had just come off beating down Central. ;)
[/quote]
I did notice they weren't pressing. I thought they were just mad they lost. Didn't kmow the coach was upset over the officials. Goes to tell u there is always another side to the story. According to the score, it sounded like Hightower handled Central fairly easily. Was Central ever in the game? In the preseason poll, i picked Central as being one of the top 2 schools in 20-4A, and i still believe they will finish 1st or 2nd. But Nederland played a great game and beat that same HT team. To discount their victory over HT would be ignorant IMO!  ;)

Nederland's win over FBH was impressive, yet they should have won. They were the better team. 23 did NOTHING to help his team. He was obviously the best player on the court, but didn't work to beat the box and 1.
North Shore obviously did their homework. They stalled and pulled the ball out when possible and made Nederland guard them man to man. Nederland played extremely tough in the tournament, and adding 14 and 12 has made a huge impact.

[quote name="forum" post="1139438" timestamp="1323018260"]
Nederland's win over FBH was impressive, yet they should have won. They were the better team. 23 did NOTHING to help his team. He was obviously the best player on the court, but didn't work to beat the box and 1.
North Shore obviously did their homework. They stalled and pulled the ball out when possible and made Nederland guard them man to man. Nederland played extremely tough in the tournament, and adding 14 and 12 has made a huge impact.
[/quote]
Agree! 14 was playing football until last week, and 12 broke his hand the week before the season began. They are both good players.

The officials were also one sided during the Silsbee an Kimball game. In favor of Kimball, their players were saying we had some unnecessary fouls called on us an they just wanted to play us fairly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33