Fight mars end of Ozen's playoff run

SgtRey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1132441" timestamp="1322365823"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Fight-mars-end-of-Ozen-s-playoff-run-2294207.php#photo-1797141

Check these pics out....sad...
[/quote]

After seeing the pictures man the cops are big.  The cops should be disciplined and held accountable for their actions.  This is the example of misconduct on the part of the cops.

I talked to a local school district police chief.  He said that school district policy states that the only way event officers would get involved in a "on field" fight, before, during or after a game, between uniformed players is if the coach, administrator, superintendent or any other school official ordered the police officers to intervene.  He said that it is the responsibility of the coaches to control or intervene in any incidents involving players.

Mr. Big cop with his arm in the throat of a 17 year old football player.  I bet the cop went home and bragged to his family what he done.

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1132470" timestamp="1322367026"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=92289.msg1132441#msg1132441 date=1322365823]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Fight-mars-end-of-Ozen-s-playoff-run-2294207.php#photo-1797141

[/quote]

After seeing the pictures man the cops are big.  The cops should be disciplined and held accountable for their actions.  This is the example of misconduct on the part of the cops.

I talked to a local school district police chief.  He said that school district policy states that the only way event officers would get involved in a "on field" fight, before, during or after a game, between uniformed players is if the coach, administrator, superintendent or any other school official ordered the police officers to intervene.  He said that it is the responsibility of the coaches to control or intervene in any incidents involving players.

This p**** me off.  Mr. Big cop with his arm in the throat of a 17 year old football player.  I bet the cop went home and bragged to his family what he done.
[/quote]

doing his job

very sad indeed.  It is funny how people are going to start blaming the police...  Look at the pictures... It looks to me like the only one in between the players are cops.. trying to stop it... the coaches are behind the players in every pick... I'm not saying they should have used pepper spray, which did stop the fight, but when kids are swinging helmets maybe that is the way to make them stop. 

[/quote]

This p**** me off.  Mr. Big cop with his arm in the throat of a 17 year old football player.  I bet the cop went home and bragged to his family what he done.
[/quote]

Are you serious? What the hell were they supposed to do sit there and watch as the teams beat the hell out of each other? Then you could get on here and say why didn't the cops stop it right? The cops are trained to take resisting individuals down in a certain way for thier safety, that is what the did. If the players didn't wanna get pepper sprayed or taken down then they shouldn't have gotten in a brawl or resisted the cops. You see all this and blame the cops? Maybe you should blame the thugs who started the brawl.

If that 17 year old didnt want to be restrained then he shouldnt have been fighting and being a thug punk. You people that always want to crucify cops would be the first ones screaming if your child was an innocent bystander on the field getting attacked and the cops didnt do anything.

No dog in this fight, and I was not at the game, BUT
I will say this (my .02) I observed horrible officiating (lazy< out of position) all year from Beaumont to Houston. This year more than most I watched a lot of late hits with no flags, standing over (taunting) after the tackles, etc...If you look at kfdm.com highlights you will see at LaMarque player hit an OZen player to the head well after the play. Surely no excuse, but point is the officials have allowed too many plays this season IMO that have ended in unsportsmanlike behavior. I do agree with some statements about the police. They have a job to do. Sometimes you must get "out of bounds" to get things "back in line". Just the way it is.

In closing, I know if any of my sons (4) had threw punches, I would have drug his but off that field and put a few licks on him myself shortly afterwards. Just not acceptable. Individual players and families must be accountable in the end!

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="1132497" timestamp="1322368402"]
I will say this (my .02) I observed horrible officiating (lazy< out of position) all year from Beaumont to Houston. This year more than most I watched a lot of late hits with no flags, standing over (taunting) after the tackles, etc...If you look at kfdm.com highlights you will see at Laporte player hit an OZen player to the head well after the play. Surely no excuse, but point is the officials have allowed too many plays this season IMO that have ended in unsportsmanlike behavior. I do agree with some statements about the police. Somethings you must get out of bounds to get things back in line. Just the way it is. [b]I know if my son had threw punches, I would have drug his but off that field and put a few licks on him myself shortly afterwards. Just not acceptable. [/b]
[/quote]

That is probably why your son wouldn't have been throwing punches. It starts at home people.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1132486" timestamp="1322367872"]
Bwood. He should have you by the throat. Ya it's always the cops fault. Next time you need a officer deal with yourself.
[/quote]

Getting personal?
Why we cannot have a debate without getting personal with it?  I respect your opinion and would never attack you personally.  I have my opinion and you have yours and I do respect you and any opinion that you may have.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1132503" timestamp="1322368751"]
[quote author=Popa Blu link=topic=92289.msg1132497#msg1132497 date=1322368402]
I will say this (my .02) I observed horrible officiating (lazy< out of position) all year from Beaumont to Houston. This year more than most I watched a lot of late hits with no flags, standing over (taunting) after the tackles, etc...If you look at kfdm.com highlights you will see at Laporte player hit an OZen player to the head well after the play. Surely no excuse, but point is the officials have allowed too many plays this season IMO that have ended in unsportsmanlike behavior. I do agree with some statements about the police. Somethings you must get out of bounds to get things back in line. Just the way it is. [b]I know if my son had threw punches, I would have drug his but off that field and put a few licks on him myself shortly afterwards. Just not acceptable. [/b]
[/quote]

That is probably why your son wouldn't have been throwing punches. It starts at home people.
[/quote]

You are correct sir. A lot of young people don't have an element of fear. The kind of fear that makes you afraid to pull a stunt like this for the "FEAR" of what will be done to you when it is over! Leadership and Parenting can not be by fear only, but I will say this, I didn't do a lot of stuff when I was young, because I was AFRAID of getting in trouble. Not too scared. AFRAID of the familiy! I didn't have my dad around, but mama a a few uncles did the trick. Most people don't want there "big ole babies told nothing" LOL. FURTHERMORE, if my son had made a mistake and reacted wrong, which we all have at times, I would have told him if he didn't want the police on his neck, he should not have thrown a punch! Whether you agree with the force or not, people it keeps balance in our world. If young people learn that, we could walk a bit safer to Walmart during the holidays.

That's sad, unexcusable and downright embarrassing to me. I can understand a little jaw jacking but when it comes to this, individuals need to be reprimanded. I'm not one to point fingers because I think wrong is wrong no matter how you slice it. I have been a LM fan for 30 years and I have never seen such extreme disorder by a LM team or few. The Lumberton fiasco was just jaw jacking from both sides and both teams were reprimanded on both sidelines one at a time and that pretty much contained the situation from escalating any further.

This on the other hand is completely unacceptable and although it's hard to discern all that were involved in the melee for now but whoever is found to have swung helmets or kicked players while they were down on the ground should be suspended from next weeks game on the LM side. Ozen isn't my concern because they should handle their own business appropriately. I don't care about winning or losing next week as this behavior is outrageous. If you can't figure out who to punish on the LM side then the Uil should disqualify LM from the playoffs. I love my Coogs but sometimes you have to do what is the right thing to do. If I catch flack for voicing my opinion then so be it!

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="1132523" timestamp="1322369766"]
That's sad, unexcusable and downright embarrassing to me. I can understand a little jaw jacking but when it comes to this, individuals need to be reprimanded. I'm not one to point fingers because I think wrong is wrong no matter how you slice it. I have been a LM fan for 30 years and I have never seen such extreme disorder by a LM team or few. The Lumberton fiasco was just jaw jacking from both sides and both teams were reprimanded on both sidelines one at a time and that pretty much contained the situation from escalating any further.

This on the other hand is completely unacceptable and although it's hard to discern all that were involved in the melee for now but whoever is found to have swung helmets or kicked players while they were down on the ground should be suspended from next weeks game on the LM side. Ozen isn't my concern because they should handle their own business appropriately. I don't care about winning or losing next week as this behavior is outrageous. If you can't figure out who to punish on the LM side then the Uil should disqualify LM from the playoffs. I love my Coogs but sometimes you have to do what is the right thing to do. If I catch flack for voicing my opinion then so be it!
[/quote]

You my friend have class and are "on point"..

[quote name="Popa Blu" post="1132518" timestamp="1322369500"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=92289.msg1132503#msg1132503 date=1322368751]
[quote author=Popa Blu link=topic=92289.msg1132497#msg1132497 date=1322368402]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You are correct sir. A lot of young people don't have an element of fear. The kind of fear that makes you afraid to pull a stunt like this for the "FEAR" of what will be done to you when it is over! Leadership and Parenting can not be by fear only, but I will say this, I didn't do a lot of stuff when I was young, because I was AFRAID of getting in trouble. Not too scared. AFRAID of the familiy! I didn't have my dad around, but mama a a few uncles did the trick. Most people don't want there "big ole babies told nothing" LOL. FURTHERMORE, if my son had made a mistake and reacted wrong, which we all have at times, I would have told him if he didn't want the police on his neck, he should not have thrown a punch! Whether you agree with the force or not, people it keeps balance in our world. If young people learn that, we could walk a bit safer to Walmart during the holidays.
[/quote]

Bingo +1

[/quote]

Well stated.

Great Post!  That just about nails it!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Really?? Disciplined for breaking up a brawl..I believe that its there job..When you have kids swinging helmets at each other you stop it.You dont wait for a few coaches and admin.people to try and stop 75 to 100 kids from fighting.JMO....If my kids did this pepper spray would be the least of there worries when they got home...On a side note...I have seen more jaw jacking and taunting after plays this year that I can remember in years past...The officials and UIL need to get this in check and these things wont happen..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1132485" timestamp="1322367864"]
If that 17 year old didnt want to be restrained then he shouldnt have been fighting and being a thug punk. You people that always want to crucify cops would be the first ones screaming if your child was an innocent bystander on the field getting attacked and the cops didnt do anything. Thats just like the black guy who got tased in lumberton and died. People screamed for those cops heads. The guy shouldnt have been trying to get away. And oh yeah he was high on pcp.
[/quote]

You become more transparent with each of your posts.  Can't imagine who "you people" could be, but viewing your other literary works, I'm pretty sure I know who "you" mean.  It is always easy to judge a matter after the fact, and say how it should have been handled, and viewing the brawl with my own eyes, I think that the police did have to intervene when they did. 

In viewing your posts with my own eyes I think that someone should intervene here too.  ;) 

[quote name="ice74" post="1132552" timestamp="1322371804"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=92289.msg1132485#msg1132485 date=1322367864]
If that 17 year old didnt want to be restrained then he shouldnt have been fighting and being a thug punk. You people that always want to crucify cops would be the first ones screaming if your child was an innocent bystander on the field getting attacked and the cops didnt do anything. Thats just like the black guy who got tased in lumberton and died. People screamed for those cops heads. The guy shouldnt have been trying to get away. And oh yeah he was high on pcp.
[/quote]

You become more transparent with each of your posts.  Can't imagine who "you people" could be, but viewing your other literary works, I'm pretty sure I know who "you" mean.  It is always easy to judge a matter after the fact, and say how it should have been handled, and viewing the brawl with my own eyes, I think that the police did have to intervene when they did. 

In viewing your posts with my own eyes I think that someone should intervene here too.  ;)
[/quote]
yeah pull the race card.. thats all white people do is try to drive racism.. there is no place for racism, and playing the race card only keeps it going.. you people is anybody who thinks the cops shouldnt have gotten involved. that probably includes just as many white folks as black folks so dont be ignorant and throw around accusations.. Its a level playing field here and anybody of any race who acts like those kids did, or says that the cops shouldnt have intervened, i disagree with. Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. Whats sad is that a lot of white people have moved forward from racism and completely despise it, myself included. But I wont be muzzled on my opinions just because the event may involve predominantly blacks and I dont want to labeled as a racist. At the end of the day, if it helps you sleep better to think of me as a racist then go ahead by all means, because it doesnt matter to me what you think. I know what I believe. But I WILL NOT stand nor condone actions like this no matter who the culprits.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1132599" timestamp="1322374354"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92289.msg1132552#msg1132552 date=1322371804]
[/quote]

[/quote]
yeah pull the race card.. thats all white people do is try to drive racism.. there is no place for racism, and playing the race card only keeps it going.. you people is anybody who thinks the cops shouldnt have gotten involved. that probably includes just as many white folks as black folks so dont be ignorant and throw around accusations.. Its a level playing field here and anybody of any race who acts like those kids did, or says that the cops shouldnt have intervened, i disagree with. Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. Whats sad is that a lot of white people have moved forward from racism and completely despise it, myself included. But I wont be muzzled on my opinions just because the event may involve predominantly blacks and I dont want to labeled as a racist. At the end of the day, if it helps you sleep better to think of me as a racist then go ahead by all means, because it doesnt matter to me what you think. I know what I believe. But I WILL NOT stand nor condone actions like this no matter who the culprits.
[/quote]

I simply asked you to clarify what you meant.  I agree the behavior should not be tolerated regardless of race. I sleep very well every night, and I only questioned your use of certain words and the tone of your posts.  This is a public forum and your entitled to your opinions and rants, but understand that the things that you type do not include your intentions and may appear to mean something different when in black and white.  I wasn't questioning all white people, just you and for the record I didn't know your race until now.  You can sling accusations all you want, but I have absolutely nothing to gain by calling you a racist, which for the record I never did.  If it makes you feel better to make yourself the victim then go ahead, but I won't be "Muzzled" and stop asking questions about questionable posts.  8)

[quote name="ice74" post="1132621" timestamp="1322375971"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=92289.msg1132599#msg1132599 date=1322374354]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92289.msg1132552#msg1132552 date=1322371804]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I simply asked you to clarify what you meant.  I agree the behavior should not be tolerated regardless of race. I sleep very well every night, and I only questioned your use of certain words and the tone of your posts.  This is a public forum and your entitled to your opinions and rants, but understand that the things that you type do not include your intentions and may appear to mean something different when in black and white.  I wasn't questioning all white people, just you and for the record I didn't know your race until now.  You can sling accusations all you want, but I have absolutely nothing to gain by calling you a racist, which for the record I never did.  If it makes you feel better to make yourself the victim then go ahead, but I won't be "Muzzled" and stop asking questions about questionable posts.  8)
[/quote]
Amen there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder