Ozen/LaMarque Brawl...

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="1132155" timestamp="1322359375"]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=92276.msg1132050#msg1132050 date=1322356803]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=92276.msg1131996#msg1131996 date=1322355724]
Okay......I was there in the middle of the action. LaMarque was COMPLETELY CLASSLESS the ENTIRE game starting with the pre game warmups. Too much talking. I do realize I am an Ozen supporter and may seem biased, but it is what it is. I was on the Ozen sideline (as I've been every game) watching this unfold the entire contest. TOO MUCH TALKING from LaMarque. Too much extra activity after the plays were over. LaMarque you have a talented team. Honestly from what I saw of yall today I was disappointed.....1st in our play because this was NOT our best game. We could say it was the weather, which I think had a lot to do with it, but it is what it is. We lost. 2nd....your team was VERY undisciplined and were'nt being corrected for it. I think your team would finish 5th or worse in our district. You were NOT the best team we've seen all year. Not even 3rd best. BUT.....you won today. Congrats to you but you have left a VERY poor image of your program and players and we look forward to seeing you again next season...........bank on that. ;)
[/quote]
I'll say 2 things on this subject and i will leave it at that...
First, If la marque is so called "classes" for defending themselves when the reffs werent doing it, then i guess Ozen is just as classless. If you stay the whole game then you remember that after the hand shake... the leading la marque players went toward the right side (from both your and my angle) of the end zone, while the leading ozen players walked towards the left... Soo if the fight happened in the middle of the field, doesnt that mean that BOTH players had to have confronted eachother?? You cant be so blind as to not see that your team was just as wrong as mine...
Secondly, Any one of our top 3 teams of 24-4a can beat Ozen and we're #2. So how does that solidify us as a 5th place team in your district... You must be joking. Sounds to me like your just sucking on a lemon a little to hard, no offense. Sour losers never learn to be winners... remember that.
[/quote]

Lol......sour....uhh....no sir. We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations and were VERY blessed to do so. Your team is classless sir. What manifested at the end of the game and 3rd qtr was a result of constant chatter and dirty playing the ENTIRE game from your team that was NOT corrected by your coaches. YES our kids were wrong for retaliating and participating but it's only so much you can take!!! Does that justify our actions?? Probably not. I PROMISE you we are not sour, sad or ashamed about the year we had. And a loss in the 3rd round after not being picked to even make the playoffs is a great accomplishment for us. But poor execution on our part and losing to a classless act as lamarque is enough to wish for fall 2012 to get here quicker. Congrats again cougs. Looking forward to your matchup with Manvel next week. ::) ::)
[/quote]
[b]We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations[/b] ....... ::)
Thats something a coach says after his players get whooped on and he has no explanation ! lol... But as my fellow Coog said, im waisting my "breath"/energy arguing over something that as of 5:45 was a thing of the past. Tell me sir, why would we have any reason to start conflict with your team when we already felt the win at hand at the end of the 3rd quarter, and we were up 12?? I guess the apples dont fall far from the trees up there... sour players, and fans that are even more so..
Dont worry about us, we will do fine next week. And if we do so happen to lose, we will give our props and respect to Manvel, as they would so deserve it. Simple as that. Thats our jobs as REAL fans, and not instigators...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play with respect and you get respect, both teams are at fault and the police are their for everyone's protection, not just the crowd, if the players are not stopping when they are told they should be pepper sprayed, everyone wants to sue and say it's not my kids fault and that's the main problem these days, if your old enough to act like an idiot you should be treated like an idiot

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1132187" timestamp="1322359964"]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=92276.msg1132155#msg1132155 date=1322359375]
[quote author=cougar2011 link=topic=92276.msg1132050#msg1132050 date=1322356803]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=92276.msg1131996#msg1131996 date=1322355724]
Okay......I was there in the middle of the action. LaMarque was COMPLETELY CLASSLESS the ENTIRE game starting with the pre game warmups. Too much talking. I do realize I am an Ozen supporter and may seem biased, but it is what it is. I was on the Ozen sideline (as I've been every game) watching this unfold the entire contest. TOO MUCH TALKING from LaMarque. Too much extra activity after the plays were over. LaMarque you have a talented team. Honestly from what I saw of yall today I was disappointed.....1st in our play because this was NOT our best game. We could say it was the weather, which I think had a lot to do with it, but it is what it is. We lost. 2nd....your team was VERY undisciplined and were'nt being corrected for it. I think your team would finish 5th or worse in our district. You were NOT the best team we've seen all year. Not even 3rd best. BUT.....you won today. Congrats to you but you have left a VERY poor image of your program and players and we look forward to seeing you again next season...........bank on that. ;)
[/quote]
First, If la marque is so called "classes" for defending themselves when the reffs werent doing it, then i guess Ozen is just as classless. If you stay the whole game then you remember that after the hand shake... the leading la marque players went toward the right side (from both your and my angle) of the end zone, while the leading ozen players walked towards the left... Soo if the fight happened in the middle of the field, doesnt that mean that BOTH players had to have confronted eachother?? You cant be so blind as to not see that your team was just as wrong as mine...
Secondly, Any one of our top 3 teams of 24-4a can beat Ozen and we're #2. So how does that solidify us as a 5th place team in your district... You must be joking. Sounds to me like your just sucking on a lemon a little to hard, no offense. Sour losers never learn to be winners... remember that.
[/quote]

Lol......sour....uhh....no sir. We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations and were VERY blessed to do so. Your team is classless sir. What manifested at the end of the game and 3rd qtr was a result of constant chatter and dirty playing the ENTIRE game from your team that was NOT corrected by your coaches. [b]YES our kids were wrong for retaliating and participating but it's only so much you can take!!! [/b]Does that justify our actions?? Probably not. I PROMISE you we are not sour, sad or ashamed about the year we had. And a loss in the 3rd round after not being picked to even make the playoffs is a great accomplishment for us. But poor execution on our part and losing to a classless act as lamarque is enough to wish for fall 2012 to get here quicker. Congrats again cougs. Looking forward to your matchup with Manvel next week. ::) ::)
[/quote]

It's hard to say that your players were only involved with retaliation. Let's be real, nobody is innocent in a bench clearing brawl when an entire team runs across the field. Both teams are responsible. For you to say that La Marque's behavior was ONLY retaliation, i say that you are very close and narrow minded. Keep drinking that La Marque kool-aid. Oh by the way, we understand yall are winners. The records show that. Everyone in the state respects LM's program, no question about it. With that said, you can also be terrible winners.
[/quote]
Ha! umm i dont know if you got your users mixed up or what but it was actually an ozen fan that posted that reply... NOT one of coog nation. smh You don't even know how to argue right lol how can you possible want to fight... hahaha
OZEN said that their behavior was only retaliation !! So your exactly right, they are very narrow minded. .. They must have had some "La marque Kool-aid" ... lol smh

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1132237" timestamp="1322360755"]
[quote author=PearOrchardPanther01 link=topic=92276.msg1132155#msg1132155 date=1322359375]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lol......sour....uhh....no sir. We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations and were VERY blessed to do so. Your team is classless sir. What manifested at the end of the game and 3rd qtr was a result of constant chatter and dirty playing the ENTIRE game from your team that was NOT corrected by your coaches. YES our kids were wrong for retaliating and participating but it's only so much you can take!!! Does that justify our actions?? Probably not. I PROMISE you we are not sour, sad or ashamed about the year we had. And a loss in the 3rd round after not being picked to even make the playoffs is a great accomplishment for us. But poor execution on our part and losing to a classless act as lamarque is enough to wish for fall 2012 to get here quicker. Congrats again cougs. Looking forward to your matchup with Manvel next week. ::) ::)
[/quote]
[b]We had a GREAT season!!!!! And we are WINNERS who exceeded many expectations[/b] ....... ::)
Thats something a coach says after his players get whooped on and he has no explanation ! lol... But as my fellow Coog said, im [b]waisting my "breath"/energy arguing over something that as of 5:45 was a thing of the past[/b]. Tell me sir, why would we have any reason to start conflict with your team when we already felt the win at hand at the end of the 3rd quarter, and we were up 12?? I guess the apples dont fall far from the trees up there... sour players, and fans that are even more so..
Dont worry about us, we will do fine next week. And if we do so happen to lose, we will give our props and respect to Manvel, as they would so deserve it. Simple as that. Thats our jobs as REAL fans, and not instigators...
[/quote]

Then why are you still posting?? Get over it. Your classless team won and get to play one more week "real" fan. Now do us all a favor and log off already. Lol.... ;)

[quote name="PearOrchardPanther01" post="1131996" timestamp="1322355724"]
[/quote]
Dude, I got news for you. LaMarque was EXACTLY the same way when Lumberton played them. I was kind of hoping with a new coach they would have changed their attitudes, apparently not. It sounds like they are still classless punks, it's ashamed Ozen didn't beat them so you could see their players throwing fits and refusing to shake hands after the game. Congratulations on your playoff run Ozen and take solace in knowing LaPuke will get b****slapped soon enough.

[quote name="football04" post="1132242" timestamp="1322360935"]
Play with respect and you get respect, both teams are at fault and the police are their for everyone's protection, not just the crowd, if the players are not stopping when they are told they should be pepper sprayed, everyone wants to sue and say it's not my kids fault and that's the main problem these days, if your old enough to act like an idiot you should be treated like an idiot
[/quote]

Great post!

Congrats to LaMarque, despite all the coaching changes over the years, they still manage to have success.

The one time Central played LaMarque in the 3rd round of the playoffs (I think 2004) they talked a lot prior to the game.  Don't really remember too much during the game but I think its more of their pre-game intimidation.

Congrats to the Panthers on a great season but to be honest, a few Ozen players tried to start the same thing after the victory over Central earlier this year but the coaches were able to keep them seperated.

Sometimes emotions run high.  If a few players can't control their emotions once then it is an isolated incident.  If a program continues to have the same thing occur then its a lack of discipline...

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1132271" timestamp="1322361444"]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=92276.msg1132242#msg1132242 date=1322360935]
[/quote]

Great post!

Congrats to LaMarque, despite all the coaching changes over the years, they still manage to have success.

The one time Central played LaMarque in the 3rd round of the playoffs (I think 2004) they talked a lot prior to the game.  Don't really remember too much during the game but I think its more of their pre-game intimidation.

Congrats to the Panthers on a great season but to be honest, a few Ozen players tried to start the same thing after the victory over Central earlier this year but the coaches were able to keep them seperated.

Sometimes emotions run high.  If a few players can't control their emotions once then it is an isolated incident.  If a program continues to have the same thing occur then its a lack of discipline...
[/quote]

Thank you sir.. Finally someone that makes sense, and isnt commenting out of emotional anger.
I've said my peace.

[quote name="cougar2011" post="1132286" timestamp="1322361679"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=92276.msg1132271#msg1132271 date=1322361444]
[quote author=football04 link=topic=92276.msg1132242#msg1132242 date=1322360935]
[/quote]

Great post!

Sometimes emotions run high. [b] If a few players can't control their emotions once then it is an isolated incident.  If a program continues to have the same thing occur then its a lack of discipline...[/b][/quote]

Thank you sir.. Finally someone that makes sense, and isnt commenting out of [b]emotional anger.[/b]I've said my peace.
[/quote]

I'm assuming you're a Central supporter and are referring to Ozen as an undisciplined team. I hope I'm wrong but if not thats gonna be hard to swallow coming from a Jag team known for brawling. (PNG anybody?? ::)) Sorry man. And "pre-game intimidation" does NOT have to involve players seeking out the opposing team's players to exchange words. BTW...I say this with GREAT joy in my heart ;D ;D....lol @ "emotional anger  ;D>:( ;D"!!!! I have stated MY peace!!! Goodnight!!! Go Panthers!!!

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1132271" timestamp="1322361444"]
[/quote]

Great post!

[/quote]

You're close.  Actually, it was 2006, 2nd Round in Deer Park TX.  Played ball, eliminated Central, went ahead through entire run to win State.

Smack talk goes on....Its part of every game! Your team has to be disciplined enough to ignore it. My husband played for PNG...he said when your in the pile your getting bitten, pinched and everything else...and no one comes up calling foul...and if you retaliate...more than likely its you the refs are going to call on! 

My youngest brother played QB for lamarque in 1986 when they played Plano for the state championship. They were not undisciplined back then. Matter of fact I am 9 years older then him and I met many of the players. They were good kids. Every school has their problems. No school should be singled out. Because most are the same. By the way I am from the golden triangle and not Lamarque. All this trash talk needs to stop because no school and no community is perfect.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1132409" timestamp="1322364478"]
[quote author=Coog4eva link=topic=92276.msg1132402#msg1132402 date=1322364287]
You guys do know that all of this is on video....right?
[/quote]

When and where will the video be posted...I wnat see the whole game.
[/quote]

It should be posted on Coogsports.net sometime early next week.

[quote name="Coog4eva" post="1132417" timestamp="1322364765"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=92276.msg1132409#msg1132409 date=1322364478]
[quote author=Coog4eva link=topic=92276.msg1132402#msg1132402 date=1322364287]
You guys do know that all of this is on video....right?
[/quote]

When and where will the video be posted...I wnat see the whole game.
[/quote]

It should be posted on Coogsports.net sometime early next week.
[/quote]

Thanks! And Congrats!

[/quote]
I have to respectfully disagree with you.  The cops have no business in the field getting involved in fights between players.  This is the coaches, administrator’s job.  Look, I have no dog in this race, it just upsets me that the big bad cops get their taser’s, pepper spray and mace out and go to work on football players.  Great Job cops, you guys are on top of your game!

1st off - a win is a win, lamarque won the game.

2nd- LM has a history of this questionable behavior.  Where there is smoke, there is fire.  When there is a pattern then, it makes it a bit difficult for you to claim innocence now.  Granted emotions run high, and sometimes get the best of the players, but when it persists over time and through coaching changes it kinda makes you wonder.  It is unfortunate that a program as storied as LM continues to operate with such disorder. I'm certain that it is not all the kids, but a small group that cause the entire program to look bad, but that small group continues to do a really good job at portraying LM in a negative light.

I talked to a local school district police chief.  He said that school district policy states that the only way event officers would get involved in a "on field" fight, before, during or after a game, between uniformed players is if the coach, administrator, superintendent or any other school official ordered the police officers to intervene.  He said that it is the responsibility of the coaches to control or intervene in any incidents involving players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder