Congrats to Dayton/Ozen/Vidor/Nederland

Cougtalk

[quote name="bigdog" post="1126594" timestamp="1321908377"]
How do you figure that?  Three of the four are in the third round, including the DC.
[/quote]

It's not being mean to the BDawgs, I'm just honestly more impressed with Vidors wins over Crosby/Montgomery then yours over GCM/Stratford, and Ozen has beat 2 District champions already with Brenham/BH.

Not saying Bulldogs aren't really really good, just more impressed with Ozen/Vidor.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1126601" timestamp="1321908559"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=92035.msg1126594#msg1126594 date=1321908377]
How do you figure that?  Three of the four are in the third round, including the DC.
[/quote]

It's not being mean to the BDawgs, I'm just honestly more impressed with Vidors wins over Crosby/Montgomery then yours over GCM/Stratford, and Ozen has beat 2 District champions already with Brenham/BH.

Not saying Bulldogs aren't really really good, just more impressed with Ozen/Vidor.
[/quote]

I would expect that thought, everyone wants to see a offense score 40 or more points before they are impressed. But when you run up against a defense that shuts your high powered offense down then your in trouble. Good defenses don't make a lot of headlines but they win games.

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1126633" timestamp="1321910046"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=92035.msg1126601#msg1126601 date=1321908559]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would expect that thought, everyone wants to see a offense score 40 or more points before they are impressed. But when you run up against a defense that shuts your high powered offense down then your in trouble. Good defenses don't make a lot of headlines but they win games.
[/quote]Wel said! ;)

Its the same reason nobody wants to see LSU and Alabama in the BCS title game. From the outside, its more impressive when you have 70 points scored in a game. It took overtime for LSU and Bama to score 15 points combined, but they are the two best teams in the country. Nederland makes plays when they have to. We turned the ball over too much in the Stratford game. It shouldve never been that close. The redzone turnovers kill you. Most teams dont overcome that, but teams with good defenses can because you dont have to play catch-up. Ill take this type of Nederland team over a flashy offense any day. Think about the 4th quarter effect. A great defense will set your offense up to grind down the opponents defense. By the 4th quarter, when that defense has been on the field a lot, it benefits your offense. Goes back to the saying, "the best offense is a good defense."

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1126654" timestamp="1321911575"]
Its the same reason nobody wants to see LSU and Alabama in the BCS title game. From the outside, its more impressive when you have 70 points scored in a game. It took overtime for LSU and Bama to score 15 points combined, but they are the two best teams in the country. Nederland makes plays when they have to. We turned the ball over too much in the Stratford game. It shouldve never been that close. The redzone turnovers kill you. Most teams dont overcome that, but teams with good defenses can because you dont have to play catch-up. Ill take this type of Nederland team over a flashy offense any day. Think about the 4th quarter effect. A great defense will set your offense up to grind down the opponents defense. By the 4th quarter, when that defense has been on the field a lot, it benefits your offense. Goes back to the saying, "the best offense is a good defense."
[/quote]

In my humble opinion, I couldn't have said it better. Every one of the district games this year was a knock down, drag out fight to the end that could go either way between the four teams. I believe that PNG had an easy game with Ozen because they were missing Trey Green when they played. However, I also believe PNG would still be playing if they hadn't run into a very good, well coached Dayton team.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1126676" timestamp="1321912969"]
[quote author=proudmom#32 link=topic=92035.msg1126659#msg1126659 date=1321912006]
Is there a reason the title of this topic didn't say " Congrats to Dayton/Ozen/Vidor/Nederland/PAMemorial
[/quote]

4a football specifically...
[/quote]

That's kind of what I was thinking.....

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1126601" timestamp="1321908559"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm more impressed that you are sitting at home.

Fighting all season to win district makes the matchups easier for the first couple rounds. Actually, all our wins this week were by one score. Ozen beating Brenham is the story of the week statewide, no doubt, but as long as we win, I really couldn't care less who it impresses.

One of the reasons Vidor is looking so good in the playoffs offensively atleast is because these teams don't see our offense. The district teams see it year in and year out. But Goose Creek saw Ned for the 3rd time this year including their scrimmage. So for them to beat Goose Creek in the playoffs just shows to me that they have better coaching in nueman. Haven't seen Ozen besides when we played them but i'll be cheering them and Ned on saturday after my Pirates get a W

[quote name="Vp30" post="1126715" timestamp="1321915005"]
One of the reasons Vidor is looking so good in the playoffs offensively atleast is because these teams don't see our offense. The district teams see it year in and year out. But Goose Creek saw Ned for the 3rd time this year including their scrimmage. So for them to beat Goose Creek in the playoffs just shows to me that they have better coaching in nueman. Haven't seen Ozen besides when we played them but i'll be cheering them and Ned on saturday after my Pirates get a W
[/quote]

and the Iraq, and things such as...

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1126633" timestamp="1321910046"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really its not about that, more so in that i don't think you've played a really quality opponent yet. If you beat Dawson 3-0 i'll be just as impressed as if you beat them 42-28, because i think highly of Dawson.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1128076" timestamp="1322031035"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=92035.msg1126633#msg1126633 date=1321910046]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really its not about that, more so in that i don't think you've played a really quality opponent yet. If you beat Dawson 3-0 i'll be just as impressed as if you beat them 42-28, because i think highly of Dawson.
[/quote]

Of course you are more impressed with Vidor and Ozen, I'm especially impressed with Ozen. The reason they played 2 great teams is because they finished 4th in 20-4A, and the reason Nederland is playing GCM and Stratford is because we won 20-4A. Making the playoff journey slightly easier is one of the perks of winning district. That's why we haven't played that high quality of an opponent until we play Dawson this week. Anyways, keep it rolling SE Texas!! Looking forward to seeing a Vidor/Nederland & Ozen/Dayton match-ups in the quarterfinals!! That would be a great Christmas present!  8)

[quote name="robanadana" post="1126667" timestamp="1321912480"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=92035.msg1126654#msg1126654 date=1321911575]
[/quote]

In my humble opinion, I couldn't have said it better. Every one of the district games this year was a knock down, drag out fight to the end that could go either way between the four teams. I believe that PNG had an easy game with Ozen because they were missing Trey Green when they played. However, I also believe PNG would still be playing if they hadn't run into a very good, well coached Dayton team.
[/quote]No, Rob.  Green did play against PN-G.  Now, the question is was he all the way healthy at this point?  Probably not, but he did play.  PN-G just brought it that night.  I didn't go to the game, but I got play by play updates on that game and Trey Green definatly was in the game.

Correct Trey did play against PNG. PNG just did a good job of keeping him in the pocket and throwing off his back foot. He is at his best when he is moving toward the line of scrimmage. He threw two int's that night. one of which Romero returned 95 yards for six.

Make no mistake about it, Nederland is the best team in 20 4A this year. What they did that the others didn't was make a play to win games late against all three of the other playoff teams from 20-4A. That is what makes a Champion! They did it from game one against WOS. And as we saw Saturday they did it again. Having the confidence that you will win it if you keep it close late and having the defense to do so is a big plus for Nederland.

To add to that on the flip side, PNG threw a pick late to lose by a point to Crosby, fumbled in Livingstons territory with a chance to tie late, missed on 4th and inches inside the 20 late to possibly take the lead on Nederland and threw a pick in the endzone to beat Dayton.

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1128095" timestamp="1322048516"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=92035.msg1128076#msg1128076 date=1322031035]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=92035.msg1126633#msg1126633 date=1321910046]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course you are more impressed with Vidor and Ozen, I'm especially impressed with Ozen. The reason they played 2 great teams is because they finished 4th in 20-4A, and the reason Nederland is
playing GCM and Stratford is because we won 20-4A. Making the playoff journey slightly easier is one of the perks of winning district. That's why we haven't played that high quality of an opponent until we play Dawson this week. Anyways, keep it rolling SE Texas!! Looking forward to seeing a Vidor/Nederland & Ozen/Dayton match-ups in the quarterfinals!! That would be a great Christmas present!  8)
[/quote]

Wow, I wish I would have said that.

I'll repeat. As long as we keep winning, I couldn't care less who it impresses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin