Nederland ticket and game info

1motime

NEDERLAND BULLDOG REGIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYOFF INFO:

Nederland (Visitor but will sit on HOME side) vs Pearland Dawson (Home)
Saturday, November 26, 2011
6:00 pm @ Galena Park ISD
Tickets go on sale at the Nederland High School main office,Tuesday, November 22 and Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Tickets: Adults $8.00
Students $5.00
All tickets at gate $10.00
Passes: THSCA, THSWCA, UIL District 20-4A and 24-4A, Senior Citizen Gold Card

Thanks for the Ticket Info.

Note:  TO ALL NEDERLAND  FANS,  you are to remain quiet while Nederland is on offense.  I have noticed the fans get loud when we have the ball in a big play. 

It is HELPFUL to our offense to be quiet and let them get the play off effectively.

YOU ARE to make NOISE when we are on DEFENSE - even on EVERY PLAY (not just 3rd downs).  This upsets the opponent's offense.  The Band does great to play and make noise while the OTHER team is on Offense.  Great Job Band!

Make some NOISE this week, just at the right times!!! 
On that note, Bring BACK any noise makers- Bells, Shaker Cans, Anything Noise Makers you Have this week.  We need to be NEDERLAND LOUD at this one!

Go Dogs Go!!!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1126051" timestamp="1321845008"]

Note:  TO ALL NEDERLAND  FANS,  you are to remain quiet while Nederland is on offense.  I have noticed the fans get loud when we have the ball in a big play. 

It is HELPFUL to our offense to be quiet and let them get the play off effectively.

YOU ARE to make NOISE when we are on DEFENSE - even on EVERY PLAY (not just 3rd downs).  This upsets the opponent's offense.  The Band does great to play and make noise while the OTHER team is on Offense.  Great Job Band!

On that note, Bring BACK any noise makers- Bells, Shaker Cans, Anything Noise Makers you Have this week.  We need to be NEDERLAND LOUD at this one!

Go Dogs Go!!!
[/quote] Are you serious!!!! Being quiet is not the issue for the offense. The offense would rather hear us raise all the noise we can instead of hearing the opponets chant of defense. What your asking is for the fans and the team to give the Offense silence so they can execute a play. What the offense needs is to execute all plays with no turn overs, penalities, and score. Its the fans job to show them all the support they need, this is not golf or tennis.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1126166" timestamp="1321857348"]
Football players know this.  At the games, former players are not the ones making noise when we are on offense.

Apparently, we could help them in not being ignorant.  Just information for those who don't know.

Go Dogs!
[/quote]
I agree. People do this at PNG and it drives me crazy. I have mentioned this on the  PNG site and got the same ignorant responses as you got from diego cruz. Most people who have played or have some football knowledge understand this.

[quote name="1motime" post="1126044" timestamp="1321844359"]
NEDERLAND BULLDOG REGIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYOFF INFO:

Nederland (Visitor but will sit on HOME side) vs Pearland Dawson (Home)
Saturday, November 26, 2011
6:00 pm @ Galena Park ISD
Tickets go on sale at the Nederland High School main office,Tuesday, November 22 and Wednesday, November 23, 2011, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
Tickets: Adults $8.00
Students $5.00
All tickets at gate $10.00
Passes: THSCA, THSWCA, UIL District 20-4A and 24-4A, Senior Citizen Gold Card
[/quote] :o :o :o :o

He's right. You dont make noise when your team is on offense. Save it for defense. This is football 101. If its too loud, and your QB is trying to audible, a receiver may not hear the call, run the wrong route, and now you have a pick six. Thats just one reason. If youve ever seen a college or pro qb get under center qnd then pull up and wave his arms like he's trying to fly, that means he needs you to shut up. What really irritates me is when the cheerleaders start a cheer or do the two bits when we are on offense. I hold my breath every time worries that we are gonna jump offsides or something.

P.S. As a former player, this does make a difference. Be loud on defense, quiet on offense, at least during pre snap.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1126640" timestamp="1321910877"]
He's right. You dont make noise when your team is on offense. Save it for defense. This is football 101. If its too loud, and your QB is trying to audible, a receiver may not hear the call, run the wrong route, and now you have a pick six. Thats just one reason. If youve ever seen a college or pro qb get under center qnd then pull up and wave his arms like he's trying to fly, that means he needs you to shut up. What really irritates me is when the cheerleaders start a cheer or do the two bits when we are on offense. I hold my breath every time worries that we are gonna jump offsides or something.

P.S. As a former player, this does make a difference. Be loud on defense, quiet on offense, at least during pre snap.
[/quote]

Absolutely.  Great post!

Anyone remember a few years back when we played Friendswood at Rice Stadium?  We brought the noise early and on every play for our Defense.  We disrupted their QB (who was quiet good). 

Also, note the 25 Second Clock.  Once it starts to tick when they are on offense, we need to start making noise then, and keep it going until play is snapped. 

No one is unbeatable.  We can disrupt their Offense and see how they respond.

Tell everyone you know to bring whatever noise makers they have.  We need to rock the house for the Dogs.  Let's rattle their cage.

We can do everything we can to help our Offense by remaining quiet.  Of course, this a free country and some may choose otherwise.  This was just an observation.

Go Bulldogs!  I would take a Bulldog to a fight over an eagle any day.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1126746" timestamp="1321916522"]
What if, by chance, the other team has fans in attendance?  Should you ask them to be quiet when Ned has the ball too? That  would be so helpful.
[/quote]

I had thought this was understood, being quiet when your offense is at the line of scrimmage before the snap. Of course the other teams fans should be making noise when you have the ball but that doesn't mean that you should help them. One of the advantages the offense has is the snap count, which is irrelevant if your own fans are making noise so that you can't hear the qbs signals. I know this got Vidor in a 4 thand short causing us to get an illegal procedure penalty forcing us to punt.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1126746" timestamp="1321916522"]
What if, by chance, the other team has fans in attendance?  Should you ask them to be quiet when Ned has the ball too? That  would be so helpful.
[/quote]
Didnt have that issue with your team or Stratford. Nederland brings the fans. Not sure what kind of following PD has, but even if they have just as many, 10,000 is louder than 5,000. Some people have no common sense. Watch an A&M game and compare the noise level when the aggies are on offense vs. defense.

I sorta doubt that if Nederland's offense has a problem this week, it won't be because of the noise.  I'm sure Pearland's defense would be the problem and not the noise!!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1126051" timestamp="1321845008"]

Go Dogs Go!!!
[/quote]

I guess from some of the responses some folks don't want to help their team to win. You have to give the offense every opportunity to succeed and it all starts with the snap count. If your making a lot of noise and there is a motion penalty, don't blame the team, get a mirror and look at yourself. The home field advantage should be that your fans know when to make noise and since they should have more fans than the opposition they should be able to disrupt their offense, not your own. Some of us need to conserve as much of our voice as we can so when the offense is on the field take something for your throat and enjoy, when the defense is on the field raise the roof!

Guest UHCoog14
HS games are won and lost with talent. If the number of fans  in the seats decided games, PNG would never lose.

It's a great atmosphere for these kids and it is important to  understand the etiquette of the game. But do not fool yourselves into believing that if you lose, it was because of crowd noise or lack thereof.

[quote name="smitty" post="1126788" timestamp="1321919861"]
I sorta doubt that if Nederland's offense has a problem this week, it won't be because of the noise.  I'm sure Pearland's defense would be the problem and not the noise!!

[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=91967.msg1126051#msg1126051 date=1321845008]

Go Dogs Go!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

I knew Smitty would go negative sooner or later... you never disappoint

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder