WO-S

Just a note to say that the Mustangs have elevated their game; no doubt.  It's senseless to start projecting who you gonna play next, can you beat so and so.  You better beat who you got in front of you this week.  I do not know how far the Mustangs will go.  However, they appear to be getting on a "playoff roll".  They are a different team.  I have never seen a team become a very different team once the playoffs start, quite like the '82 West Brook Bruin team.  Coach Durley turned that team into a monster in the "3rd Phase of a Season" - the Playoffs.  This version of the Mustangs appear they COULD do the same.  If they keep playing like this and jelling, they could be SCARY to future opponents.  Some teams stagnate and don't improve.  Some "get on a roll".  Time will tell....

Yup.  It's encouraging to see WO-S playing their best football of the season right now.  Our offense has finally caught up to the play of our defense.  Gas, you said earlier this year that we've usually played well to start a season, then have that one bad game late in the year when it hurts us most (in the playoffs).  Well, we seem to have benefitted from starting slow and getting better as the season progressed.  It's not the formula we're used to, but I'll take it.  Our OC still makes me nervous, but the execution on offense has been excellent the last few weeks.  We're not seeing the illegal procedures, fumbled snaps, and communication gaps on offense like we saw most of the year.  Salter is playing with confidence.  The offensive line is driving people backwards.  With Renfro coming back next week (so I hear) we'll be 100%.  It's been fun watching this team strive to their potential. 

I think WOS has played very very well in the play offs.  I dont think their offensive line is good and that will hurt them against a team like coldspring who has the speed to not let them get outside. I'm excited for
Coach Thompson in his first year as the hc and I wish the stangs the best of luck.  I hope to see these two teams play after thanksgiving break!!  I'm calling it the true 21-3a vs 22-3a SHOWDOWN!!!   

[quote name="LP6" post="1126736" timestamp="1321915968"]
I want to see WOS play Coldspring.
[/quote]

That would be great but if we don't focus on Bullard and CS doesn't focus on Lorena then it will be a Lorena/Bullard quarterfinal. That would royaly suck. The best teams in the region to make a run against Reg 4 ( I'm guessing that is the semifinal matchup) would be WOS or CS, so we need to both take care of business in the third round. Let's have a injury free weekend for all teams!!!!

[quote name="kicker" post="1126756" timestamp="1321916950"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=91951.msg1126736#msg1126736 date=1321915968]
[/quote]

That would be great but if we don't focus on Bullard and CS doesn't focus on Lorena then it will be a [b]Lorena/Bullard quarterfinal. That would royaly suck. [/b]The best teams in the region to make a run against Reg 4 ( I'm guessing that is the semifinal matchup) would be WOS or CS, so we need to both take care of business in the third round. Let's have a injury free weekend for all teams!!!!
[/quote]

Why do you feel that way Kicker,If they win they deserve the respect just like any other team,just don't sound good... ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1126760" timestamp="1321917229"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=91951.msg1126756#msg1126756 date=1321916950]
[/quote]

That would be great but if we don't focus on Bullard and CS doesn't focus on Lorena then it will be a [b]Lorena/Bullard quarterfinal. That would royaly suck. [/b]The best teams in the region to make a run against Reg 4 ( I'm guessing that is the semifinal matchup) would be WOS or CS, so we need to both take care of business in the third round. Let's have a injury free weekend for all teams!!!!
[/quote]

Why do you feel that way Kicker,If they win they deserve the respect just like any other team,just don't sound good... ;)
[/quote]

I think he meant it would suck as a WOS fan.

[quote name="kicker" post="1126756" timestamp="1321916950"]
[/quote]

That would be great but if we don't focus on Bullard and CS doesn't focus on Lorena then it will be a Lorena/Bullard quarterfinal. That would royaly suck. The best teams in the region to make a run against Reg 4 ( I'm guessing that is the semifinal matchup) would be WOS or CS, so we need to both take care of business in the third round. Let's have a injury free weekend for all teams!!!!
[/quote]

Agree 100%...good post!

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1127877" timestamp="1322010741"]
This seems like the place to ask this question. Is anything going to be done in reguards to Columbus? Just curious.
[/quote]

Not really sure about that. Were not worried about them anymore as far as playing goes. What is bad is that some of our kids could have been hurt with the crap that they were doing. If you weren't there, you won't realize how serious us fans are about it. I played football for over 16 years from junior to pro and have NEVER seen a team play that dirty. I've read that changes are being made from within the school district, but don't know the validity of that nor do I care. All we are focused on is Bullard and let's have a great game with no injuries.

[quote name="kicker" post="1127890" timestamp="1322011728"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91951.msg1127877#msg1127877 date=1322010741]
This seems like the place to ask this question. Is anything going to be done in reguards to Columbus? Just curious.
[/quote]

Not really sure about that. Were not worried about them anymore as far as playing goes. What is bad is that some of our kids could have been hurt with the crap that they were doing. If you weren't there, you won't realize how serious us fans are about it. I played football for over 16 years from junior to pro and have NEVER seen a team play that dirty. I've read that changes are being made from within the school district, but don't know the validity of that nor do I care. All we are focused on is Bullard and let's have a great game with no injuries.
[/quote]
Not from WOS BUT VERY FAMILIAR with them. Played against them when they were dominating 20-4a. I know the focus is the next round and I would love to see WOS/Coldspring next week. Just wondering if something was going to be done to prevent future occurances. Should you here anything, please keep me posted. And BTW, GO MUSTANGS!!!!!! Never thought i would say that.lol

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1127902" timestamp="1322012339"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=91951.msg1127890#msg1127890 date=1322011728]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91951.msg1127877#msg1127877 date=1322010741]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not from WOS BUT VERY FAMILIAR with them. Played against them when they were dominating 20-4a. I know the focus is the next round and I would love to see WOS/Coldspring next week. Just wondering if something was going to be done to prevent future occurances. Should you here anything, please keep me posted. And BTW, GO MUSTANGS!!!!!! Never thought i would say that.lol
[/quote]

LOL! Will do buddy. As far as I've heard, the incident wasn't isolated just to our game. On another site, there were many teams talking about how dirty and undisciplined they are. From what i have gathered, it is the fact that the coach is more worried about being their friend than their mentor/disciplinarian. It goes as far back as the seventh grade with the ones that were way out of hand. That was from coaches and players that know them. Anyways, let's put a whooping on Bullard and get set up to win this region and make a run at the big show. Go Stangs.

I actually emailed the HS principal & sent letters to the superintendent & all 7 school board members. The principal did response & also forwarded my email to the head coach. He responded as well & basically defended himself by saying he did NOT high five his player & that it was an isolated incident where the player said he lost his composure. I know we are moving on but it just bugs me that we or rather they are teaching kids that this is alright.

[quote name="mustang mom" post="1129482" timestamp="1322200823"]
I actually emailed the HS principal & sent letters to the superintendent & all 7 school board members. The principal did response & also forwarded my email to the head coach. He responded as well & basically defended himself by saying he did NOT high five his player & that it was an isolated incident where the player said he lost his composure. I know we are moving on but it just bugs me that we or rather they are teaching kids that this is alright.
[/quote]
One thing I saw today watching the NFL was that the refs didn't hesitate to eject players(Detroit/Green Bay 1 each). If the coaches cant control their players, then the refs need to. I think alot of times, the refs could prevent such acts by showing no tolerance early. Both ejections today were in the 1st half and immediate. But also, if the coach cant control the players, then maybe he shouldn't be a coach. Kids will be kids and they will take a mile if you let them. Every parent knows this. And foremost, DISCIPLINE STARTS AT HOME.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1129511" timestamp="1322204486"]
[quote author=mustang mom link=topic=91951.msg1129482#msg1129482 date=1322200823]
[/quote]
One thing I saw today watching the NFL was that the refs didn't hesitate to eject players(Detroit/Green Bay 1 each). If the coaches cant control their players, then the refs need to. I think alot of times, the refs could prevent such acts by showing no tolerance early. Both ejections today were in the 1st half and immediate. But also, if the coach cant control the players, then maybe he shouldn't be a coach. Kids will be kids and they will take a mile if you let them. Every parent knows this. And foremost, DISCIPLINE STARTS AT HOME.
[/quote]
Reminds me of the Crosby player. Those who were at the Crosby Vidor game know what i'm talking about.

[quote name="vp32" post="1129513" timestamp="1322204911"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91951.msg1129511#msg1129511 date=1322204486]
[quote author=mustang mom link=topic=91951.msg1129482#msg1129482 date=1322200823]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Reminds me of the Crosby player. Those who were at the Crosby Vidor game know what i'm talking about.
[/quote]
Sort of. I got to see WOS game film after hearing about it. It was way worse. They were actually trying to hurt WOS players and their coaches did nothing.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1129514" timestamp="1322205175"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91951.msg1129513#msg1129513 date=1322204911]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=91951.msg1129511#msg1129511 date=1322204486]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Sort of. I got to see WOS game film after hearing about it. It was way worse. They were actually trying to hurt WOS players and their coaches did nothing.
[/quote]
Dang. Was UIL contacted?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder