Vidor vs. Angleton Predictions

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1126603" timestamp="1321908667"]
GO PIRATES!!!

Let the Black Pearl set sail on "Black Friday" with all of us VIDOR PIRATE fans firing the canons!!!!  Sure wish today was Friday!!!!!
[/quote]
The Wildcats have already sunken one (5A) pirate ship (B'Wood) this season, I won't be surprised if another goes down this friday!! ;) It will def be a very good game, and be exciting to watch! Good Luck To all! May God keep all our players safe. Also I hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the stadium...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1126549" timestamp="1321906602"]
The winner's high for Vidor will wear off as the week goes on and realism will set in.  Angleton 52 Vidor 21
[/quote]

If your defense can't stop our offense, there is no way you score 52. You can't score if you don't have the ball. And we love taking 5 - 6 minutes to punch in TDs.... Vidor 42, Angleton 28.

[move][size=36pt][font=georgia][b]ANNIHILATE ANGLETON!!![/b][/font][/size][/move]

Offense wins games but defense wins championships and IMO this is a championship game. Its a do or die situation for both teams. Win and play more. Lose and go home. Yes Angleton has one of the best offenses we have seen but they also have the worst defense in there district. On the other hand we have an offense that hasn't produced as good as numbers as they have but we have yet to be stopped in the playoffs and our defense has won most of our games. They stopped a very good pair of twins at Crosby and until we let up a lil but we were holding a Montgomery team that averaged 41 points a game to 14. I'll take Vidor by 14+

Vidor - 56
Angleton - 42

[quote]If your defense can't stop our offense....[/quote]
They can.
[quote].....but they also have the worst defense in there district.[/quote]Don't go forming opinions about our defense being less than a major threat just based upon the reasoning that Angleton sometimes  allows thier opponents to score a few points. (Bend, but don't break, as we say) Once the first string guys establish a comfy lead, the second and third string players get to play too in order to keep them prepared.
Last w/e during the game against Wheatley, second and third string pretty much were in the game from about the middle of the second quarter on, and Angleton STILL put 65 points on the board. (No need to have the star players beat up this friday coming into the game if it's not necessary). That is the ONLY reason that Wheatley scored more than 12 points. Looks can be deceiving, especially when you don't have all the facts.
Don't get it twisted...These aren't the Wildcats of yesteryear. This is a TOTALLY overhauled team with a new coach who does things much differently from the previous one. They are undefeated this year for only the THIRD time in the schools history. Last time was 1981, and before that 1958. GO CATS, GO!!!  GO CATS, GO!!! GO CATS, GO!!! (just something you will be hearing from across the field a lot friday night!) ;) Good luck to all!

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1127192" timestamp="1321941459"]
[quote]If your defense can't stop our offense....[/quote]
They can.
[quote].....but they also have the worst defense in there district.[/quote]Don't go forming opinions about our defense being [size=10pt][b]less than a major threat[/b][/size] just based upon the reasoning that Angleton sometimes  allows thier opponents to score a few points. (Bend, but don't break, as we say) Once the first string guys establish a comfy lead, the second and third string players get to play too in order to keep them prepared.
Last w/e during the game against Wheatley, second and third string pretty much were in the game from about the middle of the second quarter on, and Angleton STILL put 65 points on the board. (No need to have the star players beat up this friday coming into the game if it's not necessary). That is the ONLY reason that Wheatley scored more than 12 points. Looks can be deceiving, especially when you don't have all the facts.
Don't get it twisted...These aren't the Wildcats of yesteryear. This is a TOTALLY overhauled team with a new coach who does things much differently from the previous one. They are undefeated this year for only the THIRD time in the schools history. Last time was 1981, and before that 1958. GO CATS, GO!!!  GO CATS, GO!!! GO CATS, GO!!! (just something you will be hearing from across the field a lot friday night!) ;) Good luck to all!
[/quote]
Your kidding right? Less than a major threat? Your defense is last in your division man. You give up 344 yards per game. Our 7th place team (Central) gave up less than yall. And you can go ahead and say all you want about putting in second string or third string. In fact you can go ahead and put em in with us. BTW we just got through beating a team that is averaging about as much as your offense in Montgomery.  We will see how good your offense is when they face a real defense.

I don't know where you get your stats but Angleton had the third best defense in the district and led the district with 35 forced turnovers on the season. Vidor better be ready to try and tackle a track team because that's what they're facing and I doubt they have 4.3-4.5 40 yard dash guys on that team.  Speed kills and Vidor is about to be flatlining!  And don't bring up Ozen,  they're only fast based on east Texas standards.

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1127196" timestamp="1321942330"]
I don't know where you get your stats but Angleton had the third best defense in the district and led the district with 35 forced turnovers on the season. Vidor better be ready to try and tackle a track team because that's what they're facing and I doubt they have 4.3-4.5 40 yard dash guys on that team.  Speed kills and Vidor is about to be flatlining!  And don't bring up Ozen,  they're only fast based on east Texas standards.
[/quote]

Team G Rush Pass Yds YPG
El Campo 11 1312 1043 2355 214.1
Rosenberg Terry 11 1291 1209 2500 227.3
Bay City 10 1537 862 2399 239.9
Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated 11 2106 1269 3375 306.8
Freeport Brazosport 10 1846 1425 3271 327.1
Richmond Foster 10 1948 1462 3410 341.0
Angleton 12 1977 2160 4137 344.8

Idk where your getting your info but these are the stats on 23-4A. Angleton is last.

Hmmm. Yeah, I was just kidding. Yet NONE...NOT EVEN ONE of the other teams with "superior" defenses were able to defeat the Wildcats. As a matter of fact only a couple of teams even came close. I wonder why that is? All I can say is that the pirates had better figure that one out before friday night or they will lose also. And that doesn't even consider the other four wins that we have against out of district teams, (friendswood [twice], brazoswood, dayton, and alief elsik) two of which were 5A teams, BTW. And those four games were won by an avg of 20 points. How'd they do that with such a horrible defense? IDK. I just know they did it...Don't forget to bring your life vests to the game because it looks like the pirate ship be sinkin' this friday night!  :) 

[/quote]I knew it would be a matter of time untill someone brings up the speed thing.  Speed does not intimidate this Pirate team.  They've seen it plenty of times this year,and not just from Ozen (although Ozen does have a kid with a legitimate 4.3 time and is an overall fast team).  You can throw this out the window.  Vidor tackles well in space.  They close in fast, and their speed is deceptive.  it will come down to if you can stop them on defense.  As said before, your defensive stats for the year are not good at all.  In order to beat Vidor, you will need to have success stoping them early on  in downs and hope your defense have the stamina to discipline to make big stops.  The pressure here is on Angleton.  this is the farthest this Vidor team have ever gone, and I believe that Vidor will be the best team overall that you've faced.  YOU will have your work cut out for you.

Those stats are for the entire season.  If you're going to compare our district standings you can only look at district play and not non district games.  We've given up more yards on the entire season because we don't schedule weak teams for non district play.  We'd rather play Dayton than the likes of Wharton or Houston Jones.  So if you want to look at the stats that way so you sleep better at night then by all means.

Hmmmm, Vidor has not faced anyone with speed???  Well Ozen, Central, Crosby both have speed and Vidor defeated all 3.  Its not about speed, its about being in the right position and Vidor always seems to be in the right position.  This game is going to come down to stamina.  If Vidor gets on a roll and starts eating up the clock angelton will have their hands full trying to stop the 3, 4, 5 headed monsters.

[/quote]

East Texas standards are pretty high considering there is a setx team that has won the track state championship 3 years in a row. And Vidor beat that team in a game scrimmage 2 out of the three years. Speed is something that is very valuable, but against Vidor, speed doesn't really matter. It's hard not to get fatigued when Vidor rams it down your throat all game long.

And note that the 2 teams we lost 2 (one still playing and the other lost out in the 1st rd) has seen our offense before and had an idea of what to expect.  Crosby & Montgomery both had good speed but never saw our offense before this year and ask them how it felt getting hit in the mouth for 4 qtrs by our defense.  Speed can be negated by descipline.

Well I guess if we looked at numbers there no need for Vidor to show up. I sure hope Angleton is not looking pass ole Vidor here. This is not your normal Pirate team. Speed is a nice thing but proper tackling will make sure that they go down on contact. Vidor has seen plenty speed. I hope your WR are good at reading the different defenses that they will put in front of them. The Vidor defense doesn't get fooled by the stuff underneath to get beat over the top. Should be a good test for the Angleton D too I hope that they manage to play there responsible, and stick to there gap resposiblity. Vidor QB runs a offense and runs it well. Also the coaching has been perfect in these playoffs. People remember that the Mont Bears defensive was only giving up 10 points Vidor scored 42. There no more walk over teams left in these playoffs. If you get caught looking a head you well lose. 

Keep chugging along with what you know best and you'll find yourself 2 games from state, Pirates.  This team have answered all of my questions this year.  They've overcome tragety, speed, the 'bad coaching' stigma, discipline, turnover problems, and now they've overcome the 'big game' stigma.  You're battle tested and just like i've said, the pressure is on Angleton.  I think they may be a little nervous as to how this 'slow little' team have made it this far in the playoffs.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1127405" timestamp="1321979575"]
Keep chugging along with what you know best and you'll find yourself 2 games from state, Pirates.  This team have answered all of my questions this year.  They've overcome tragety, speed, the 'bad coaching' stigma, discipline, turnover problems, and now they've overcome the 'big game' stigma.  You're battle tested and just like i've said, the pressure is on Angleton.  I think they may be a little nervous as to how this 'slow little' team have made it this far in the playoffs.
[/quote]You hit the nail on the head....Nobody predicted us to be here except the players themselves..All the pressure is on Angleton IMO. They are suppose to beat us according to the so called experts.Our kids seem to be treating these games as just any other game and are playing relaxed,mistake free football..

P.S. I have 2 kids in the neighborhood 1 offensive and 1 defensive starter that told me they were gonna make a playoff run this year before the season started..I am gladly eating my crow.lol

[quote name="pirate68" post="1127459" timestamp="1321983553"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91843.msg1127405#msg1127405 date=1321979575]
[/quote]You hit the nail on the head....Nobody predicted us to be here except the players themselves..All the pressure is on Angleton IMO. They are suppose to beat us according to the so called experts.Our kids seem to be treating these games as just any other game and are playing relaxed,mistake free football..

P.S. I have 2 kids in the neighborhood 1 offensive and 1 defensive starter that told me they were gonna make a playoff run this year before the season started..[b]I am gladly eating my crow.lol[/b]
[/quote]

:) +1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder