Vidor vs. Angleton Predictions

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123799" timestamp="1321729848"]
[color=purple]Oh trust me I have not once said Angleton's defense is going to stop Vidor because they won't but hopefully they surprise me, this game will most definitely be a shootout and in a shootout Angleton will win.[/color]
[/quote]

Vidor's defense is not so bad, so your "shootout" will likely be one-sided.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123843" timestamp="1321730649"]
[color=purple]When i ask about offense line I'm talking speed and size wise because Angleton i think has one true lineman on the dline and other then that they rush speeds guys off the edge who have average lb size. [/color]
[/quote]

Sounds about what Montgomery did last night. The line is not big, I think in the paper the other day it said they avg 209.

Vidor's offensive line averages 209 lbs.  They are good.  Very underrated.  Rushing guys from the edge isn't really a big deal to Vidor's offense.  It is a misdirection offense.  If you can't find the ball, rushing doesn't do much good.

That and Vidor can come out passing like last night.  That kept Montgomery on their toes and after that, they could not stop the running game.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1123826" timestamp="1321730346"]
[color=purple]But do you think they will stop Angleton's offense. Just talking football, how is Vidors offense line? [/color]
[/quote]

They are not big.  And contrary to the last poster, they are not perfect (I mean we are talking HS kids here).  But they are very, very good.  They execute their jobs very well on almost every play.  They have opened up holes for all 4 of the Vidor main runners all season.

In response to your statement that Vidor cannot primarily run and win:  I do not know if Vidor will win, but I do not that Vidor will stick with their Running game.  It has not worked in the 1st quarter in either playoff game, but it has been good enough for the Pirates to score 42 points each week.

I hope it is a great game.  And, of course, I am hoping for a Pirate victory.

[color=purple]I'm curious too see how Coach Roark will adjust the defense for this game becuase the 'Cats base defense is a 4-2-5 so i'm sure they will drop one of the safeties down to the middle with the LB's. Angleton has a very good LB group. Correct me if I'm wrong but Vidor runs the ball from under center right? Because one problem Angleton has always had was stopping the run from the spread and especially has always had trouble with athletic QB's just like last night.
But one good thing is that you won't see many players playing both ways for them. Occasionally Ryan Jackson will come in and play some defense but only on obvious passing downs.[/color]

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1123759" timestamp="1321728786"]
It's crazy that Angleton fans saying the team played it's worst game all season and the Cats put 65 points on the board. :o It was like the Cats were surprised that Wheatley punched back after going down 21-0. Coach Rourk mentioned that they lacked the killer instinct last night, but I just don't think the kids expected Wheatley to fight back. Good job by the Wheatley kids for not giving up. Angleton will need that killer instinct if they get a lead on Vidor next week.
[/quote]

I'm glad you posted this ATWILDCAT, I've been scratching my head at all the Angleton post about how poorly they played last night....I will take my chances with 65 points EVERY SINGLE TIME....lol

This sounds like it is going to be another shootout.  I can't wait for next week.  Good luck to both teams.  GO PIRATES!!!

[quote name="invictus" post="1123834" timestamp="1321730499"]
Vidor's offensive line executes to perfection every single down.

It would not surprise me in the least if Vidor stops Angleton's offense.  They are really THAT good.  They are disciplined.  And they don't know how to quit.
[/quote]

TOTALLY impressed with Vidor on BOTH sides of the ball this year.  Go PIRATES!

I believe the way after Montgomery rallied back last night and was able to, that came down to who wanted it more and Vidor did.  I think this game will be the same way.  However, I don't think against Angleton that we can afford to let them get as close as Montgomery did in the last bit of the game.  I knew when we were ahead 42-14, we had it won, the last few minuted I was sweating it out.  When you get the lead next week, your gonna have to keep a big lead.

I have never seen Angleton play so it's impossible to make a prediction.  But what I do know is that Vidor will play hard the entire game. and the fans will be proud of the boys no matter the Final Score.  With that said  VIDOR WINS AND PLAY BIG NED AT THE BUTCH 

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an old high school sports junkie, if you've made it this far, you're a good football team. Period. The Pirates have proven they are a good football team on the Texas state level as has Angleton. One stat I think getting left out is that we force a lot of turnovers. Turnovers cost Montgomery against my Pirates and I believe it will be the difference against Angleton. I cannot speak for Angleton but the Pirates are a disciplined football team, in outstanding physical shape, well coached and we play with a lot of heart. Personally, I think we "let up" against Montgomery when we got such a big lead with 7:15 to play in the fourth. BIG MISTAKE against teams with great programs like the Bears. I expect Jeff to be more aware of this situation should it happen with Angleton. However, I expect the game will be close and dictated again by who turns the ball over.

[color=purple]Angleton is very well coached. Coach Roark is arguably the best coach Angleton has had in the last decade and could go beyond that. They do a good job of holding on to the ball and the QB is pretty accurate. 19td's to 4 ints. This is going to be a hard nosed, smashmouth football game. [/color]

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1124733" timestamp="1321750571"]
[color=purple]Angleton is very well coached. Coach Roark is arguably the best coach Angleton has had in the last decade and could go beyond that. They do a good job of holding on to the ball and the QB is pretty accurate. 19td's to 4 ints. This is going to be a hard nosed, smashmouth football game. [/color]
[/quote]

Agreed!! Sounds like very similar programs. Again, $6 well spent.

[quote name="Wildcat979" post="1124733" timestamp="1321750571"]
[color=purple]Angleton is very well coached. Coach Roark is arguably the best coach Angleton has had in the last decade and could go beyond that. They do a good job of holding on to the ball and the QB is pretty accurate. 19td's to 4 ints. [b]This is going to be a hard nosed, smashmouth football game.[/b] [/color]
[/quote]

We wouldn't want anything less.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="1123978" timestamp="1321733991"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91843.msg1123834#msg1123834 date=1321730499]
Vidor's offensive line executes to perfection every single down.

It would not surprise me in the least if Vidor stops Angleton's offense.  They are really THAT good.  They are disciplined.  And they don't know how to quit.
[/quote]

TOTALLY impressed with Vidor on BOTH sides of the ball this year.  Go PIRATES!
[/quote]

IMO, we remind me of your Indians from the 70s. Not big but quick and flawless execution. You guys were a treat to watch back then. Followed you all the way to the State Championship in '76. Crazy times at the Astrodome back then. A sea of purple....22-4A (now 20-4A) supported the teams back then as well. 49000 vs. Memorial. By the way, ya'll know Montgomery's band tried a feeble attempt at playing ya'lls' Indian song in the fourth quarter...guess they thought it would scare us.

[quote name="liltex" post="1123125" timestamp="1321677385"]
Angleton came from behind w/onside kick recovery to beat Dayton in gm 2,been a cpl nailbiters after.Key stop/slow down the rb (Ryan Jackson) and don't let him get to the corners.He's real quick.Vidor plays like they did for 3 qtrs tonight they can beat da Wildcats w/ball control.I like Vidor's chances ;)
[/quote]Great infro, Go get em Vidor!! 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="invictus" post="1123251" timestamp="1321684477"]
Vidor has to slow it down and run the clock more.  I know this sounds odd, but they almost scored too quickly tonight.
[/quote]

I know it sounds odd but that might be the trick for this week, speed up the pace.  Angleton runs pretty much the same offense that Vidor does and has guys that can score from anywhere on the field.  Defense is stacked with athletes as well.  They don't have Monta[b]stud[/b]a Quirastudstudnte...wait did I spell that right....Quirastudstudstudstudstudstudstudstudnte playing middle linebacker.  At this point in the playoffs anyone can win...I'm in the heart tells me Vidor but head tells me Angleton boat that the other guy was in.  Maybe later after I think about it more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder