Beginning game prayer - GREAT JOB VIDOR

CanineDog

Mr. Victus might as well get some ear plugs because he'll have to hear prayers even if the PA is not used. Unfortunately the USA is no longer a Christian nation. I'm good with the public prayer as long as it is a Christian prayer. I don't think a non-Christian prayer would fly. As far as I'm concerned the supreme court can take a flying leap!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This message thread is making me very ill. I wonder what would happen if we started praying to Allah over the PA or to the mother earth goddess or Buddha? Would that be OK? I wonder if the Supreme Court would do well tackling that one or even attempt to do so. Wikipedia, now there's a non biased source; I 'd use them in an argument. Our nation was founded on Christian principles and I can quote several sources including Thomas Jefferson concerning their faith, especially during the time of our fight for independence. What motto is scrolled above the Supreme Court? Nearly every monument we have in Washington D.C. has it written in stone like a marquee. What did these same founding fathers mean by "their sacred honor"? You're right, we don't live in a true democracy, we live in a constitutional republic governed by the rule of law. However, the founding fathers never penned "separation of church and state.", show me where that's written. The first amendment says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,". The Supreme Court is not the do all see all and have made several gaffs in the past. If you have a problem with our prayer before the game, please feel free to exercise another right you have and leave the premises...I'm sick of people disrespecting my right to include Jesus in everything I do both publically and privately. Period.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1119689" timestamp="1321419489"]
This message thread is making me very ill. I wonder what would happen if we started praying to Allah over the PA or to the mother earth goddess or Buddha? Would that be OK? I wonder if the Supreme Court would do well tackling that one or even attempt to do so. Wikipedia, now there's a non biased source; I 'd use them in an argument. Our nation was founded on Christian principles and I can quote several sources including Thomas Jefferson concerning their faith, especially during the time of our fight for independence. What motto is scrolled above the Supreme Court? Nearly every monument we have in Washington D.C. has it written in stone like a marquee. What did these same founding fathers mean by "their sacred honor"? You're right, we don't live in a true democracy, we live in a constitutional republic governed by the rule of law. However, the founding fathers never penned "separation of church and state.", show me where that's written. The first amendment says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,". The Supreme Court is not the do all see all and have made several gaffs in the past. If you have a problem with our prayer before the game, please feel free to exercise another right you have and leave the premises...I'm sick of people disrespecting my right to include Jesus in everything I do both publically and privately. Period.
[/quote]
Amen!

[quote name="robanadana" post="1119689" timestamp="1321419489"]

.......[size=10pt][b]The Supreme Court is not the do all see all [/b][/size]..........
[/quote]

Actually, yes they are. The only people that can overrule the Supreme Court is the Supreme Court in a later ruling.

By the Constitution, they are the do all and end all. There is no veto of their rulings and they can't have a case overridden like a president's veto. There is no law or rule that they can't rule on at their discretion.

"Actually, yes they are. The only people that can overrule the Supreme Court is the Supreme Court in a later ruling.

By the Constitution, they are the do all and end all. There is no veto of their rulings and they can't have a case overridden like a president's veto. There is no law or rule that they can't rule on at their discretion."
[/quote]

ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY

[quote name="tvc184" post="1119711" timestamp="1321420813"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91617.msg1119689#msg1119689 date=1321419489]

.......[size=10pt][b]The Supreme Court is not the do all see all [/b][/size]..........
[/quote]

Actually, yes they are. The only people that can overrule the Supreme Court is the Supreme Court in a later ruling.

By the Constitution, they are the do all and end all. There is no veto of their rulings and they can't have a case overridden like a president's veto. There is no law or rule that they can't rule on at their discretion.
[/quote]

We'll all find out when ObamaCare comes up. When it comes to prayer in school, or prayer at football games, or using Jesus Christ's name, civil disobedience suits me just fine. And, I will be one of the first to come to my school's defense monetarily or otherwise should some goofy suit arise. BTW, Vidor has several fine lawyers that have graduated from our education program. Packard, LaPray and Brent Coon come to mind right off hand.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1119726" timestamp="1321421575"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=91617.msg1119711#msg1119711 date=1321420813]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=91617.msg1119689#msg1119689 date=1321419489]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We'll all find out when ObamaCare comes up. When it comes to prayer in school, or prayer at football games, or using Jesus Christ's name, civil disobedience suits me just fine. And, I will be one of the first to come to my school's defense monetarily or otherwise should some goofy suit arise. BTW, Vidor has several fine lawyers that have graduated from our education program. Packard, LaPray and Brent Coon come to mind right off hand.
[/quote]
Yes and we all know how "involved" the Lapray's are at the Vidor football games.  ;)

They even have a lil song they sing.  ;D

[quote name="eyepatch" post="1119657" timestamp="1321417740"]
Mr. Victus might as well get some ear plugs because he'll have to hear prayers even if the PA is not used. Unfortunately the USA is no longer a Christian nation. I'm good with the public prayer as long as it is a Christian prayer. I don't think a non-Christian prayer would fly. As far as I'm concerned the supreme court can take a flying leap!
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken...its Mrs. Victus.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1119726" timestamp="1321421575"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=91617.msg1119711#msg1119711 date=1321420813]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn't know they had lawyers. Heck, they can violate the law then.

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/anim_lol.gif[/img][IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/anim_lol.gif[/img][IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/anim_lol.gif[/img]

[quote name="eyepatch" post="1119724" timestamp="1321421438"]

[/quote]

They don't have absolute power. They cannot legislate. They can't make laws, tax or anything else other than rule constitutionality of existing laws.

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1119735" timestamp="1321422531"]
[quote author=eyepatch link=topic=91617.msg1119657#msg1119657 date=1321417740]
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken...its Mrs. Victus.
[/quote]

Oops! My apologies.
BTW, ear plugs also come in pink.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1119748" timestamp="1321423201"]
[quote author=eyepatch link=topic=91617.msg1119724#msg1119724 date=1321421438]

[/quote]

They don't have absolute power. They cannot legislate. They can't make laws, tax or anything else other than rule constitutionality of existing laws.
[/quote]

OK, I guess it wasn't absolute power that corrupted them.

You don't want to stand up and scream from the top of the mountain that you pray for the safety of the kids on the field, the fans in the stand the safe travel home from the game??? I just don't understand...... Every one is for freedom of speech... until it has to do with something they do not believe in..... then it is a nuisance.... especially if it has to do with religion...  So if a young adult stands up and grabs a mic and says a prayer and happens to mention GOD.... should we as a society condemn them? Or should we say wow that child had enough FAITH in what they believe in to speak it to everyone.... No one is holding a gun to anyone's head at a football game...... if you do not want to pray for safety for the kids on the field... safe travel..... our soldiers over seas ( whether you believe in the cause or not ) the Refs ability to make a fair call.... [size=14pt][u][i][b]then why are you at the game? [/b][/i][/u][/size] This topic could go on forever and get real ugly.... but I will say this.... If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.... I have no problem if you do not believe in God..... I do not have a problem if you have no choice.... What I do have a problem with is.... you telling me I CAN'T SAY WHAT I WANT TO SAY ANYWHERE BECAUSE IT OFFENDS YOU... WHEN YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING.... Just because I believe in God and want to profess it out loud BOO ME.... when you hear a prayer at a football game just BOO..... GROW BALLS AND BOO!!! if you have enough believe in what you say.... BOO.... STAND AMONG YOUR PEERS AND LET THEM KNOW OUT LOUD YOU DISAPPROVE.... JUST GROW BALLS AND BBBBOOOOO its that freaking SIMPLE!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1119772" timestamp="1321432251"]
You don't want to stand up and scream from the top of the mountain that you pray for the safety of the kids on the field, the fans in the stand the safe travel home from the game??? I just don't understand...... Every one is for freedom of speech... until it has to do with something they do not believe in..... then it is a nuisance.... especially if it has to do with religion...  So if a young adult stands up and grabs a mic and says a prayer and happens to mention GOD.... should we as a society condemn them? Or should we say wow that child had enough FAITH in what they believe in to speak it to everyone.... No one is holding a gun to anyone's head at a football game...... if you do not want to pray for safety for the kids on the field... safe travel..... our soldiers over seas ( whether you believe in the cause or not ) the Refs ability to make a fair call.... [size=14pt][u][i][b]then why are you at the game? [/b][/i][/u][/size] This topic could go on forever and get real ugly.... but I will say this.... If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.... I have no problem if you do not believe in God..... I do not have a problem if you have no choice.... What I do have a problem with is.... you telling me I CAN'T SAY WHAT I WANT TO SAY ANYWHERE BECAUSE IT OFFENDS YOU... WHEN YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING.... Just because I believe in God and want to profess it out loud BOO ME.... when you hear a prayer at a football game just BOO..... GROW BALLS AND BOO!!! if you have enough believe in what you say.... BOO.... STAND AMONG YOUR PEERS AND LET THEM KNOW OUT LOUD YOU DISAPPROVE.... JUST GROW BALLS AND BBBBOOOOO its that freaking SIMPLE!
[/quote]

WOW, Coach!!!  This is outstanding and I agree with you on every point.  God bless you for speaking up.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1119772" timestamp="1321432251"]
[/quote]
sooooo by this logic, i can go onto your church and grab a mic and sfart shouting praise allah? Or i can go onto a plane and start shouting i have a bomb? Free speech right? Bottom line is, yes we have freedome of speech and freedom of religion. What we dont have is the right to exercise it anytime and anywhere we see fit. Dont bring church to my football games and i wont play football in your church.

[quote name="akifan94" post="1119632" timestamp="1321416560"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=91617.msg1119600#msg1119600 date=1321414888]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=91617.msg1119386#msg1119386 date=1321406271]
thats whats wrong with our country these days, it the minorty winning and not the majority winning. I would say more than 90 percent would love prayer at the games leaving 10 percent not liking it. I guess thats what our country has come too. LET MINORTY RULE  ... I think not !!!
[/quote]Your logic is seriously flawed. Its got nothing to do with what percentage wants it vs. what percentage doesnt. If thats how you view this, you know nothing about America and our values. People that think this country was founded on God or Christianity, pick up a few history books. You sound ignorant.

Side note to help you out: God was never originally in the Pledge of Allegiance. The pledge was modified in the 1950's to add "under God". And your next point will surely be about the phrase "In God We Trust." well guess what? That wasnt added to currency until the civil war.

Now, praying at the games doesnt offend me or bother me at all. But what does offend me is when people try to warp our country's values around what they believe our country's values should be. Read up on our founding fathers and their whole entire reasoning for the revolution and why they set our government up the way they did.
[/quote]

You are wrong. Our founding fathers did not want to become a church state. That had nothing to with prayer at school, Christmas trees, crosses or any other thing that might "offend" someone. What is ironic is that by passing a law against it the "state" is not separated at all from the church. The First Amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

I am currently reading "A Patriot's History of The United States" by Larry Schweikart. Try picking it up and educating yourself.
[/quote]
I have more education about the founding of our country in my pinky toe than you would believe. Laws must be made even with regard to issues that the state does not want to intervene on. Theres a time and place for church and its not friday night at the football stadium. Ill go to the CHURCH on sunday if i want to hear that. Id love to see what you people would do if a kid got up there and said a muslim prayer. But by your logic, that kid has just as much right. Or wait, does it have to be a Christian prayer? Cause clearly everyone else is wrong and 'this down hur is the south son and we beleeve in God and Jesus. This hur is whats wrong with tha wurld terday. Cant even go down to the walmarts without seeing those kids runnin aroun' actin a fool. If e'ryone went to church this world would be a better place.'

The sad thing is, most of the evil in this world exists because people try to stuff their own religious beliefs down everyone elses throats. I've always thought that if religious people would stop worrying so damn much about what everyone else thinks, theyd be much happier people.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1119811" timestamp="1321449157"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=91617.msg1119772#msg1119772 date=1321432251]
[/quote]
sooooo by this logic, i can go onto your church and grab a mic and sfart shouting praise allah? Or i can go onto a plane and start shouting i have a bomb? Free speech right? Bottom line is, yes we have freedome of speech and freedom of religion. What we dont have is the right to exercise it anytime and anywhere we see fit.[size=12pt][b] Dont bring church to my football games [/b] [/size] and i wont play football in your church.
[/quote]

I will only bring "church" to MY football games.  If you happen to be there, so be it!

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1119816" timestamp="1321449915"]
[quote author=akifan94 link=topic=91617.msg1119632#msg1119632 date=1321416560]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=91617.msg1119600#msg1119600 date=1321414888]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=91617.msg1119386#msg1119386 date=1321406271]
thats whats wrong with our country these days, it the minorty winning and not the majority winning. I would say more than 90 percent would love prayer at the games leaving 10 percent not liking it. I guess thats what our country has come too. LET MINORTY RULE  ... I think not !!!
[/quote]Your logic is seriously flawed. Its got nothing to do with what percentage wants it vs. what percentage doesnt. If thats how you view this, you know nothing about America and our values. People that think this country was founded on God or Christianity, pick up a few history books. You sound ignorant.

Side note to help you out: God was never originally in the Pledge of Allegiance. The pledge was modified in the 1950's to add "under God". And your next point will surely be about the phrase "In God We Trust." well guess what? That wasnt added to currency until the civil war.

Now, praying at the games doesnt offend me or bother me at all. But what does offend me is when people try to warp our country's values around what they believe our country's values should be. Read up on our founding fathers and their whole entire reasoning for the revolution and why they set our government up the way they did.
[/quote]

You are wrong. Our founding fathers did not want to become a church state. That had nothing to with prayer at school, Christmas trees, crosses or any other thing that might "offend" someone. What is ironic is that by passing a law against it the "state" is not separated at all from the church. The First Amendment reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

I am currently reading "A Patriot's History of The United States" by Larry Schweikart. Try picking it up and educating yourself.
[/quote]
I have more education about the founding of our country in my pinky toe than you would believe. Laws must be made even with regard to issues that the state does not want to intervene on. Theres a time and place for church and its not friday night at the football stadium. Ill go to the CHURCH on sunday if i want to hear that. Id love to see what you people would do if a kid got up there and said a muslim prayer. But by your logic, that kid has just as much right. Or wait, does it have to be a Christian prayer? Cause clearly everyone else is wrong and 'this down hur is the south son and we beleeve in God and Jesus. This hur is whats wrong with tha wurld terday. Cant even go down to the walmarts without seeing those kids runnin aroun' actin a fool. If e'ryone went to church this world would be a better place.'

The sad thing is, most of the evil in this world exists because people try to stuff their own religious beliefs down everyone elses throats. I've always thought that if religious people would stop worrying so dang much about what everyone else thinks, theyd be much happier people.
[/quote]

How about just a prayer? non-denominational. No in Jesus name. Just a prayer to a higher calling regardless if you believe in God, Allah, Budah, Unicorns, 6lb 8oz. baby Jesus. Whatever. What does that hurt? Where is the harm? Every prayer I heard back when peoples panties were not in a wad were simple prayers for players safety, safe trip home for fans, etc. Not come to my church or recognize my God or burn in Hell messages. So again where was the harm? Saying you got a bomb on a plane? Pretty ignorant. The two do not compare. Hell if half the drill teams in the area can go out at half time and dance like they are warming up for Dream Street later that night I don't see what a little prayer would hurt.

Folks, this is not really about prayer at all. It is simply the fact that the good people of this country have to bend over backwards for the few crybabies in the world  so as not to offend. I'm sick of it, to be honest. I'm not going to change the way I live to accommodate the minority. I am also not going to shut my pie hole and listen to you cry because it is "politically correct". Times are changing. It's time to hear my side and if you don't like it, so what?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder