Coldsprings over rated ......

One4All

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Trigger" post="1119360" timestamp="1321405350"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=91568.msg1118891#msg1118891 date=1321380010]
No knock on BC, but WOS defense in much better. You can ask BC about that. BC is very good but not as good as WOS, which is getting better as the season goes on. Should both teams get to the game WOS-Coldspring should be a great game. Coldspring has earned their rep, only way to find out who is over or underrated is to play the game. I kinda like being the underdog in that one. Don't expect CS to fear us [size=14pt][b]but if they don't respect us [/b] [/size] they are gonna be in trouble. We can't get caught looking ahead though, and that may be the biggest hurdle both teams will face.

[/quote]

I for one respect Coldspring..hey you beat BC by three more points than we did. It will be a close game. I can guarentee you that the players and coaches respect CS, as far as the fans seems like an awful lot of you were saying you would beat BC by 30-40 points..that's not respecting a playoff opponent. It almost bit you in the butt, BC was a solid team and played like champions. Just saying you keep that attitude up you will get beat by someone before Arlington. That goes for any team.

Be careful what you wish for ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I for one respect Coldspring..hey you beat BC by three more points than we did. It will be a close game. I can guarentee you that the players and coaches respect CS, as far as the fans seems like an awful lot of you were saying you would beat BC by 30-40 points..that's not respecting a playoff opponent. It almost bit you in the butt, BC was a solid team and played like champions. Just saying you keep that attitude up you will get beat by someone before Arlington. That goes for any team.

[b]AND DON'T TWIST MY WORDS NEXT TIME.[/b]

This link has the best serious post without all the hulla hoop that I have seen on this board. It has a lot of good substance to work on. There are two posters on this board that make a living writing about Coldspring and 22-3A in general. I am one of those. Neither I nor the other poster has ever made a boast about CS beating anyone and being the most dominating team in the State. Both or our predictions were that Coldspring had a slight edge defensively and that should be the difference in the game. It was that.

While reporting on the Trojans in last two years BC Coaching did the best job that I have seen stopping their rushing game. I expect Coach Barbay to tresure this game film and learn from it. He has a tremendous football mind, like his Father (now deceased) and his brothers all coached in East and South East Texas. The Barbay coaching tradition was well received in Coldspring and he has lived up to the hype. I can most assure you this team will be ready for Bellville.

Behind the scenes, the Trojans have a few personnel problems, losing a starting defensive back Jay Trapp for the rest of the season, and I don't look for Colton Monroe to play this next game. Sherman Gilbert is getting over the flu and should be in better shape this coming week than he was for BC.

The only remarks coming from the Coldspring players about Bridge City was “I cannot believe they lost a game this season”. That’s called respect folks.

Over rated, under rated, never enters these players mind, they are just happy to be invited to the dance and will dance with whoever is next.

I don't understand how some people can say Coldspring is overrated from one game.  This is the second year in a row we have faced Bridge City in the first round.  Last year it was close at the half and we kinda took off in the second half.  Both teams play in tough districts and each year we know our top teams are gonna face eachother in the playoffs.  It is called Bi-District.  It is almost like playing an extra district game.  I felt like the Trojans could stretch the score a little in the second half, but the Cardinals played with a lot of heart on defense to keep it close.  Also let's not forget offensively the offensive line had not played a varsity playoff game before.  They are still learning and in my opinion doing a great job for a groups first year at the highest level with a target.  Were number three in the State.  Were gonna get everyone's best shot because of that and the run we made last year.  So overrated I don't believe.  It's gonna be a tough road, but we can do it. 

i will say it agan NO coldsprings is NOT over rated.goldspings  has one of the best coaching staffs around and a super bunch of kids with lots of pride to me i would like this trend to stop the kids go out on friday night and play hard nose football and to all that say thay have played weak teams the kids cant help this. good luck to one of the best teams in the state now i will shut up

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1119537" timestamp="1321412421"]
[quote author=Trigger link=topic=91568.msg1119360#msg1119360 date=1321405350]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=91568.msg1118891#msg1118891 date=1321380010]
No knock on BC, but WOS defense in much better. You can ask BC about that. BC is very good but not as good as WOS, which is getting better as the season goes on. Should both teams get to the game WOS-Coldspring should be a great game. Coldspring has earned their rep, only way to find out who is over or underrated is to play the game. I kinda like being the underdog in that one. Don't expect CS to fear us [size=14pt][b]but if they don't respect us [/b] [/size] they are gonna be in trouble. We can't get caught looking ahead though, and that may be the biggest hurdle both teams will face.

[/quote]

Be careful what you wish for ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

[b][color=red][size=14pt]AND DON'T TWIST MY WORDS NEXT TIME[/size][/color].[/b]
[/quote]

Or what? You'll break a nail? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

For the record, I never personally said CS would "hang points" or beat any opponent by "xx" points, etc.  ;)

[b]FYI...word is Monroe is clear to play.[/b]

That's great. I was praying for him to be able to play. It doesn't matter what us fans blab about, its about the kids. They are the reason were even on here talking trash. You have to admit, its all fun and games. I NEVER want to see a kid get hurt and not be able to play. For some of these kids, football can be their ticket to college.

They would lose to Vidor, Ozen, Livingston, Nederland, PNG, Dayton, BH, Crosby, Lee, GCM. Those are just a few off of the top of my head. Coldspring is almost a 2a. They aren't suppose to beat these 4A teams or PAM. They are an above average 3A team, and would be a GREAT 2A team, and that's it. They aren't the Green Bay Packers, but they aren't overrated. Unless you guys think they would beat our area 4A teams then yes they are.

[quote name="LP6" post="1120504" timestamp="1321485452"]
They would lose to Vidor, Ozen, Livingston, Nederland, PNG, Dayton, BH, Crosby, Lee, GCM. Those are just a few off of the top of my head. Coldspring is almost a 2a. They aren't suppose to beat these 4A teams or PAM. They are an above average 3A team, and would be a GREAT 2A team, and that's it. They aren't the Green Bay Packers, but they aren't overrated. Unless you guys think they would beat our area 4A teams then yes they are.
[/quote]

Let's just wish CS gets to play 1 or more of these teams next year and get a better idea of where they are. My bet is that CS would be willing to play any of these teams but not all of these teams would want to play CS because of a chance of a good 4a team losing to a small 3a school.

I hate to tell u this but Coldspring could hang with any of those teams except for PAM.  I think we could beat Livingston and PNG this year.  You act like it is unreal for a 3A team to beat 4A schools.  When I played we played 3 4A schools and beat two of them.  The only loss was to 4A defending champ La Marque and we played them tough.  So it is not unlikely for a 3A team that is good to beat 4A teams.

[quote name="kicker" post="1120503" timestamp="1321485405"]
That's great. I was praying for him to be able to play. It doesn't matter what us fans blab about, its about the kids. They are the reason were even on here talking trash. You have to admit, its all fun and games. I NEVER want to see a kid get hurt and not be able to play. For some of these kids, football can be their ticket to college.
[/quote]

Not only that, for many kids it is the only time in their lives they will get to put on a helmet and play the game we so love to play.  For many kids it could be their last game. 

I guarantee you that CS could hang with any of those teams. Maybe not this year, but most years, even PAM. A wise old coach named JB Bearden used to tell us that you can only put 11 on the field at a time. If your best 11 are better than their best 11 then good things will happen. Doesn't matter how many kids are walking their halls...

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1120540" timestamp="1321488615"]
I hate to tell u this but Coldspring could hang with any of those teams except for PAM.  I think we could beat Livingston and PNG this year.  You act like it is unreal for a 3A team to beat 4A schools.  When I played we played 3 4A schools and beat two of them.  The only loss was to 4A defending champ La Marque and we played them tough.  So it is not unlikely for a 3A team that is good to beat 4A teams.
[/quote]

I went to one of those La Marque games in La Marque and some of their fans were sitting on our side because no room on the home side. After the game I was talking to one of those fans and I said "pretty good for a 3a team, huh?" And he told me "pretty good for any team. even 5a". So I say bring on La Marque again next year. We ain't skeered!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1120544" timestamp="1321488994"]
I guarantee you that CS could hang with any of those teams. Maybe not this year, but most years, even PAM. A wise old coach named JB Bearden used to tell us that you can only put 11 on the field at a time. If your best 11 are better than their best 11 then good things will happen. Doesn't matter how many kids are walking their halls...
[/quote]

It matters quite a bit when they have back-ups that are almost as good as the one's playing...When you have kids playing every down  ..It does matter...We know by experience..... :D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1120544" timestamp="1321488994"]
[/quote]

That's right only 11 can get on the field at one time.  I have always said that if I excite my plays I don't care if the other team has the playbook.  It's all about execution on the field.  When I coached I made sure our 11 was more prepared than their 11 and that is what it is all about.  I have heard things about depth and all of that which does help in the fourth quarter, but if your team is well conditioned then that don't really matter either.  So this argument is some what moot.  West Orange plays up against 4A teams all the time and does well so I think Coldspring could also.

I dont understand all the talk about 2A & 3A playing 4 and 5 A teams thats why they have divisions to keep it fair, can a school with 500 students compete with a school with 3000 students probably not. But can some of the players on these 2 and 3A teams start for a 4 or 5A team YES. Keep it real, can a 5A school beat a D3 or D2 college maybe but why even go there its never going to happen. Good Luck to all the SE TX teams left in the playoffs make us proud.

[quote name="ChsP12" post="1120649" timestamp="1321495760"]
Just dont forget who knocked that Kville team out of the playoffs last year and ended up in Jerry's World!!
[/quote]

I haven't forgot...That's why I say I was very impressed with them...That game basically came down to the goal line stand CS made (in I believe it was the 3rd qtr) with Kville knocking on the door already up double digits...A wide open Kville receiver dropped a ball in the endzone on 3rd or 4th down (don't remember the actual down) and from there on out CS seized the momentum and roared back for the win...

It was a very, very good game...

I've said it many times and I'll say it again...I think Kville was the 2nd best team CS played last year including the playoffs....

[quote name="CS 11-0" post="1120644" timestamp="1321495289"]
I dont understand all the talk about 2A & 3A playing 4 and 5 A teams thats why they have divisions to keep it fair, can a school with 500 students compete with a school with 3000 students probably not. But can some of the players on these 2 and 3A teams start for a 4 or 5A team YES. Keep it real, can a 5A school beat a D3 or D2 college maybe but why even go there its never going to happen. Good Luck to all the SE TX teams left in the playoffs make us proud.
[/quote]

The reason for divisions is because, with less people in the school, they are not going to have the talent year in and year out to compete consistently with larger schools. But when those 3A teams DO have the talent (like CS has now and Kville had the last few years) then yes, those 11 can compete with any other 11.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder