Nederland vs. Houston Stratford

Puma42

Guest UHCoog14
Pea green is not too bad.

Ned better worry. Say what you want, but GCM gave them fits offensively both  games.  GCM's 100 plus penalty yards kept it from being a better game at Lamar.  Stratford will not be as undisciplined.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect every opponent in the playoffs, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Same respect should be shown for the Dogs.

GCM did have lots of penalties. Most were the bonehead personal foul type. They got lots of yards between the 20s but Ned's defense held when they had to. GCM could not even kick a FG. Even missed an extra point (badly), which is why they ended up with 6.

I look for a good game this week.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="baddog" post="1121720" timestamp="1321621094"]
I respect every opponent in the playoffs, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Same respect should be shown for the Dogs.

GCM did have lots of penalties. Most were the bonehead personal foul type. They got lots of yards between the 20s but Ned's defense held when they had to. GCM could not even kick a FG. Even missed an extra point (badly), which is why they ended up with 6.

[/quote]

Not going to discuss the merit of scoring from inside the 20. We seemed to do ok. As far as the kicker, you're wide right on that one.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1121521" timestamp="1321586820"]

Ned better worry. Say what you want, but GCM gave them fits offensively both  games.  GCM's 100 plus penalty yards kept it from being a better game at Lamar.  Stratford will not be as undisciplined.
[/quote]

Bottom line, GCM scored 6 points and lost...GCM has some athletic talent, better than average, I would say, but they make mistakes that good teams just don't make...Stratford will be a better test...that's what you expect when you advance in the playoffs...it ain't supposed to get easier

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Razor" post="1121735" timestamp="1321622960"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=91472.msg1121521#msg1121521 date=1321586820]

[/quote]

Bottom line, GCM scored 6 points and lost...GCM has some athletic talent, better than average, I woudl say, but they make mistakes that good teams just don't make...Stratford will be a better test...that's what you expect when you advance in the playoffs...it ain't supposed to get easier
[/quote]

Agree 100%.

Dawson has a good team. Glad Manvel is D2. Stratford has my total attention right now. A really successful program. If we get a chance to play Dawson that will be a good game. Everything gets a lot tougher in the third round. I still have nightmares about LaMarque but we always played them pretty tough and Ned has a better club this year than our teams vs LaMarque. Anything can happen in high school football.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1121731" timestamp="1321622379"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=91472.msg1121720#msg1121720 date=1321621094]

[/quote]

Not going to discuss the merit of scoring from inside the 20. We seemed to do ok. As far as the kicker, you're wide right on that one.
[/quote]

The lack of FG kicking ability forced GCM to go for it on 4th down and Ned was able to come up with some stops. Going 70-80 yards and coming up empty takes it out of a team.

Unfortunately I'll have to miss the Stratford game due to work. Someone keep me posted. ;D

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1120930" timestamp="1321544288"]
[quote author=BigNed08 link=topic=91472.msg1120911#msg1120911 date=1321542885]
There is going to be a Pep Rally. It is tonight at Bulldog Stadium @ 5:30pm
[/quote]This will not be much of a pep rally. Band will not even be playing so they will have to use recorded music. Seems like a little more planning would have gone into this!!!!
[/quote]

I believe that there was originally NO pep rally scheduled, until some of the good folks in the Nederland Watchdog group (on Facebook) made enough noise to convice the powers to be that they needed to have one...so yeah, from what I've heard it was VERY last minute.

[quote name="YankeeDawg" post="1123336" timestamp="1321699666"]
For those of us who are unable to make it to this game, will there be any TV and/or radio broadcasts covering it.  What stations please.  Thanks.
[/quote]

I heard that the game will be televised on channel 13 and radio KLVI 560

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1123558" timestamp="1321720021"]
[quote author=1motime link=topic=91472.msg1123493#msg1123493 date=1321716812]
anyone remember Nederland wining a day time playoff game ?
[/quote]

Was our win against C.E. King a day game a few years back?
[/quote]

Yeah it was.  I believe that was the game Grogan had 3- 90 yard plays within like 5 minutes and had cramps the rest of the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder