Nederland vs. Houston Stratford

Puma42

[quote name="grasshopper" post="1118366" timestamp="1321325534"]
stratford here, not getting a lot of love on this thread, its all good, i think it will be a good game, will come down to big plays and mistakes,  seems like they have some similarities(well coached, discipline fb, good defense)
  i just hope stratford coaches have a game plan where we can put more points on the board then the other team, if that involves pissing on a spark plug then im all for it :)
[/quote]That is true dedication. Nederland is a good place to live and you'll always be welcome. you couldn't get me within 40 ft of that spark plug. I sure would like to see the dynamics though. Anyway lets talk some football. Ned has a good tough defense. Good size on the line-can play the run and good pass rush. Real solid at linebacker. Enough speed in D backfield and good instincts to the ball. Offense is fairly balanced. Lately have run the ball really well and can throw it over the top with good receivers. Real solid O line. Good QB. No monster arm but enough. Passing game hasn't been clicking like earlier in the year but we've played some speed teams lately that flat blanketed receivers. Very disciplined and fundamentally sound team. Don't make many mistakes. What ya'll got?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we stick to what works. RUN THE FOOTBALL! To be honest, I'd run it on 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 6 sometimes, because we got the back and the O-line to do it. Like everybody else said, yes, i would use the TE a little more. But I would use him in goal line plays. He's a big body and he can go up and grab the football. Arguably the best hands on the team.

An opinion from a Pirate, Big Ned's defense will play like they always do which is great. The offense, like someone said earlier, hasn't had to score a lot this year due to a great defense but when they had to score they certainly did. Sure Ned has a lot of weapons and could utilize them more but when the going gets tough, Ned always seems to find a way. Good Luck Bulldogs, Pirates pullin' for you!

andrew luck still playing for stanford, i think still has a shot at the heisman, that would be cool, a stratford alumi, #1 pick in draft and the trophy...no title shot though...

lets see what do we have....a good defense, one beast on the d line, he blows a lot of plays up, solid linebackers, not blazing fast, but have what i call tactical speed, the secondary is  stout, very fast, very athletic.....on offense, decent line, qb has a strong arm, some track guys at wideouts and running back, no big power runners, shs is well coached and plays disipline football,and i could be mistaken but i dont think they will be pissing on any sparkplugs

[quote name="grasshopper" post="1119435" timestamp="1321408207"]
andrew luck still playing for stanford, i think still has a shot at the heisman, that would be cool, a stratford alumi, #1 pick in draft and the trophy...no title shot though...

lets see what do we have....a good defense, one beast on the d line, he blows a lot of plays up, solid linebackers, not blazing fast, but have what i call tactical speed, the secondary is  stout, very fast, very athletic.....on offense, decent line, qb has a strong arm, some track guys at wideouts and running back, no big power runners, shs is well coached and plays disipline football,and i could be mistaken but i dont think they will be pissing on any sparkplugs
[/quote]sounds like a good matchup. i guess in these games turnovers, penalties, and o couse execution and coachin will determine the outcome. good luck on an injury free ball game and a safe trip. And Luck will be a good Sunday quarterback. Probably the next superstar at his position.

[b]Houston Stratford[/b]:
Total yards      First downs        Rushing yards    Passing yards 
    3207                139                    1279              1928 

[b]Nederland[/b]
Total yards      First downs        Rushing yards    Passing yards 
    3316                164                    2031                1285 

should be a good game but im goin with the DOGS on this one.........27-20

No pep rally this week folks.

From what I am hearing and seeing of Stratford, they are better than their record indicates...this looks to be a real good matchup...Stratford has a solid, although not overpowering offense and their D looks to be very fundamentally sound.  Real good end plus a couple of top notch safeties...I will go with my Dogs here in a close one, 20-14

[quote name="baddog" post="1120143" timestamp="1321466083"]
Razor, I hear Stratford is better than their record too. Isn't it funny how no team is ever worse than their record? Gotta be true sometimes.  ;D
[/quote]

Yeah Barbers Hill.. lol oops did i just say that?

p.s. save it BH fans, I know, I know you beat us...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1120149" timestamp="1321466240"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=91472.msg1120143#msg1120143 date=1321466083]
Razor, I hear Stratford is better than their record too. Isn't it funny how no team is ever worse than their record? Gotta be true sometimes.  ;D
[/quote]

Yeah Barbers Hill.. lol oops did i just say that?

p.s. save it BH fans, I know, I know you beat us...
[/quote]

GoDogs, that would be hindsight. When people hype their team, they are always better than their record, unless they are undefeated.

True, but I have seen teams and had a hard time figuring out how they won as many as they did, particularly in the playoffs...I recall playing some teams in the past and thinking they wouldn't get out of our district...in this case, I have actually seen Stratford and IMO, they are pretty dang good, although not unbeatable by any stretch...one thing I predict, is a very well played game by both teams...both teams are well coached and play with discipline and are not likely to beat themselves with silly mistakes, etc.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1120299" timestamp="1321473135"]
I know one game at a time. But i really dont see any team giving us TOO MUCH trouble besides Lake Travis. We possibly could meet up with Vidor in the quarterfinals. I believe Vidor could make a deep run. They got a stingy defense. Nederland is gonna make some serious noise. Sorry Stratford. Not gonna happen. 8)
[/quote]

Pearland Dawson... would be a major shocker...

[quote name="BigNed08" post="1120911" timestamp="1321542885"]
There is going to be a Pep Rally. It is tonight at Bulldog Stadium @ 5:30pm
[/quote]This will not be much of a pep rally. Band will not even be playing so they will have to use recorded music. Seems like a little more planning would have gone into this!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder