Nederland vs. Houston Stratford

Puma42

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1117795" timestamp="1321291481"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=91472.msg1117721#msg1117721 date=1321287961]
[size=18pt][b]Good Luck, BULLDOGS!!![/b][/size]  Especially that #55.
[/quote]

#55 Brock Pryor. He's a beast.
[/quote]

I know who he is that is why I put.  I have known that kid since before he was born and have known his family for over 20 years.  A great family.

UN - FREAKIN - BELEIVABLE!!!!!!!  Undefeated district champs and a first round playoff victory and you closet coaches still complain and think you could do it better.  Before you say it, I know this is a public forum and you can post opinions.  But like I was always told, opinions are like aholes - everyone has them and most of 'em stink.  I have posted on here many times that I wish you naysayers could go ahead and become coaches to show the REAL ones how it is done.  Why not just say GOOD JOB and move on.  soapbox retired!!!

[quote name="football" post="1117868" timestamp="1321295684"]
UN - FREAKIN - BELEIVABLE!!!!!!!  Undefeated district champs and a first round playoff victory and you closet coaches still complain and think you could do it better.  Before you say it, I know this is a public forum and you can post opinions.  But like I was always told, opinions are like aholes - everyone has them and most of 'em stink.  I have posted on here many times that I wish you naysayers could go ahead and become coaches to show the REAL ones how it is done.  Why not just say GOOD JOB and move on.  soapbox retired!!!
[/quote]you must be one of the coaches wives. Dont ever question a coach ned fans their always right. Besides how boring would this sight be if all you said was good job. Good job good job good job good job boring

[/quote]
  Good Job, but don't you know Coach Neumann often reads setxsports for insight before making his game plan for the next opponent, so without our help how will they keep winning. lol.    Just kidding football, we've got the best coaches here in Nederland and I for one wouldn't trade them for anyone.

I hope the coaches look on here so they can see what we are seeing as fan of high school football. I have been watching football for many years and can say i know football as good or better than some coaches half my age, just because you have a degree in coaching doesnt make you a know it all. Just some opinions on here is not saying they are bad coaches just some insight to try some things that we see works. We do have the best coaches in the area but they make mistakes too. we love our bulldogs and want them to succeed . Go Dogs beat the Spartans

[/quote]

All people are forbidden to post comments or question coaching decisions on this football message board unless you are full fledged and certified full time paid coaching professionals. No exceptions. Any perpetrators will be reported to north korean officials immediatly for immediate disciplinary actions.  ;D LMAO

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1117993" timestamp="1321304010"]
I hope the coaches look on here so they can see what we are seeing as fan of high school football. I have been watching football for many years and can say i know football as good or better than some coaches half my age, just because you have a degree in coaching doesnt make you a know it all. Just some opinions on here is not saying they are bad coaches just some insight to try some things that we see works. We do have the best coaches in the area but they make mistakes too. we love our bulldogs and want them to succeed . Go Dogs beat the Spartans
[/quote]

Good post. That's what it is all about.

UN - FREAKIN - BELEIVABLE!!!!!!!  Undefeated district champs and a first round playoff victory and you closet coaches still complain and think you could do it better.  Before you say it, I know this is a public forum and you can post opinions.  [b]But like I was always told, opinions are like aholes - everyone has them and most of 'em stink.[/b]  I have posted on here many times that I wish you naysayers could go ahead and become coaches to show the REAL ones how it is done.  Why not just say GOOD JOB and move on.  soapbox retired!!!
[/quote]

Just wondering, not trying to start an argument, but does that include your opinion?

I believe they definitely need to utilize the tight end more, They've been running the spread for the past couple of years and now this year they moved back to the I. It would be nice to see a little more play action with the TE. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1118235" timestamp="1321318382"]
I believe they definitely need to utilize the tight end more, They've been running the spread for the past couple of years and now this year they moved back to the I. It would be nice to see a little more play action with the TE. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
[/quote]Be careful now by having an opinion. That will get you Chastized by having one of those when talking about Ned. Might even be turned in to the opinion police. :D

we have a ton of options on this team offensively there usually is'nt enough time to spread the ball to everyone. We all know we have some plays in the playbook that we don't see much, and the good thing is our opponents have'nt seem them either. Some of the great playoff teams of several years back always had surprises like that, I look for it to happen again.

If you are going to coach at any level, you have to have a thick skin! Every call you make will be scrutinized; it's just the way it is!  Football, if you performed your job in front of 8,000 people, I'm sure your professional opinion would be questioned.  Bottom line is everyone has an opinion and the right to express it. You don't have to listen.  I enjoy watching highschool football and many times I wonder why a coach makes the calls he makes.  It just so happens that the fans around me at Friday night's game were all wondering the same thing! Why throw the ball when we were running over them?  I'm sure the coaches had a plan, it was just lost on the fans in my section!

Since your dad was a coach then you should understand more than anyone that the very nature of their job opens them up to public scrutiny. No one has bashed the professional coaches, but are merely talking football on this forum. We in Nederland are fortunate to have good coaches, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and expressions. Coaches are paid by school districts that are funded by the people on this board. I personally ran the numbers and am approaching $100K in school taxes from my approx 40 yrs as a Ned homeowner. I've never had a kid in these schools so if I have an issue to opine then I think I've deserved the right to do so but you'll not here me bashing anyone. If these ahole opinions bother you so much then I would suggest you not reading it.

stratford here, not getting a lot of love on this thread, its all good, i think it will be a good game, will come down to big plays and mistakes,  seems like they have some similarities(well coached, discipline fb, good defense)
  i just hope stratford coaches have a game plan where we can put more points on the board then the other team, if that involves pissing on a spark plug then im all for it :)

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1117993" timestamp="1321304010"]
[/quote]
HMMMM, I promise you it is a lot harder than it looks. When you have 25 seconds to call a play or make and adjustments... it's not easy. I agree, when I sitting in the stands and see the whole field and nothing at all on the line, I always make the right call ;D

[quote name="grasshopper" post="1118366" timestamp="1321325534"]
stratford here, not getting a lot of love on this thread, its all good, i think it will be a good game, will come down to big plays and mistakes,  seems like they have some similarities(well coached, discipline fb, good defense)
  i just hope stratford coaches have a game plan where we can put more points on the board then the other team, if that involves[b] pissing on a spark plug [/b]then im all for it :)
[/quote]

OK, that's a thought I don't care to even think about!

As far as scoring more points, our offense hasn't had to score a lot this year because of the defense, but when called upon like during the Ozen game they have stepped up and put them on the board. I am looking for a good game and hopefully no injuries.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder