COLDSPRING-OAKHURST VS. BRIDGE CITY BROADCAST/COLDSPRING WINS 7-0!

WOSgrad

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Coldspring was not in tip top shape today. They did not use all their weapons (passing game), don't know why but when the box is stacked thats what happens, trouble running the ball. That is what Barbay does sometimes but he pulls a win out most of the time. Now shut up and get on the Coldspring Bus to State or if you rather go shoot free throws tonight. Good game see you next year.

[quote name="jacf" post="1115909" timestamp="1321151866"]
[quote author=kosmo link=topic=91405.msg1115788#msg1115788 date=1321149604]
Im not at the game so someone tell me if im wrong. Sounds like bc is running the ball well but stump is trying his best to outsmart himself by throwing too much as usual. Is that the case?
[/quote]
That is exactly what he done terrible coaching job [b]he is 0-3 in the playoffs time to go[/b][/quote]
Be careful what you wish for.  Losing in the playoffs is miserable because it ends a season, but not going to the playoffs is worse. 

Great game tonight.. both teams D's played really well.. Not impressed at all with the OLINE play from CS.  They will have to pick it up for this team to succeed in the playoffs.  How about Gilbert playing corner for his first time all year and snaggin 2 crucial pics...playmaker.. too may penalties from CS 4 holding calls that puts them in 1st and 20, CS doesnt not play well from behind the chains..gotta clean that up but their D can play with any in the state... I did see that.. after all the critcism..a WIN is a WIN and like they say in the barber shop....NEXT!!!

Great Game!!!
Bridge City played a great game.  Coldspring played a great game.
Excellent defense on both sides.  As a Coldspring fan, I have to admit that some of our district is not the toughest opponent, and our offensive stats get padded with the weaker teams.  A lot of the 50 plus points average wasn't because of the "unstoppable" offense.  We have a good offensive team and several very fast players and some big stout boys blocking for them.  All it takes is one mistake and they can bust a long run.  Welcome to High School football.  That is true of many teams.  When you are dealing with High School kids, they make mistakes and sooner or later someone is going to bust loose.  Without a doubt, our strength this year has been the defense.  They have outscored most of our opponents this year without the offense.  I know this was against a bunch of teams that wouldn't be allowed to play in 21-3A because they are not worthy.  I don't know that we will win state this year, or even make it out of next week with a win.  But I am very proud of our team, and as a Coldspring fan think they have just as good of a chance to win as anyone else.  Since we is all dumb here in Coldspring and don't know no better.  i mightt goe too da gam next weekk and chear for dem anywho.  Sorry I got my masters degree from a college in Beaumont and sometimes can't remember how to spell the big words.  Offense wins games, defense wins championships.  Good game Bridge City, Good luck next year.  Hope to see some of the rest of you in the weeks to come.  At the very least, I hope our crap offense doesn't score too many points on your superior defense if or when we play you. 
P.S. Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real.  If you don't believe, you don't receive.

Seems like there is alot of dislike for Coldspring because a few fans get on here and get fired up and make crazy predictions...

Anyone who really thought BC was going to be blown out again like last year really wasn't being very realistic...For one last years game was very close until halftime (with I believe BC actually holding the lead at one point)....Secondly no matter how much coaches tell the players that last year was last year it's still very easy for players (at all levels) to still underestimate a opponent based on a prior/recent lopsided score (and even more so when you have alot of new starters)....It happens on all levels...Anyone remember last year early in the season when Nebraska absolutely killed Washington only to be absolutely dominated by the very same team a couple months later in a bowl game?

You can choose to look at tonights game two different ways....You could say (as it seems many of you are) that CS simply isn't that good, is overhyped, and very beatable...On the other hand you could say that CS has been really tested in 2 of their last 3 games (once on the road and once at neutral site) and has responded by finding a way to win both times....This isn't college football and the BCS...There are no style points needed...Just win and advance....Take Wimberly for example (on friday night) needing to score with 4 seconds left in the game in order to force overtime against a 3-7 team before eventually prevailing in 2 overtimes...

There is no substitute for overcoming adversity and finding a way to win when things aren't going as you would have hoped or how you've become accustomed to them being....CS lost their starting free safety for the season last week and their strong safety for the second half tonight but still found a way to shut out a very good passing team...That is the epitomy of overcoming adversity....

CS isn't going to score 50-60pts everytime out...It's the playoffs...However, if they keep playing the type of defense they've been playing they're not going to have to score a whole lot to keep advancing...You don't have to score very many points when you're not giving up any.

Good job BC on a well played game...Great job CS by once again playing with the target on your back and taking a good teams best shot and still finding a way to win....

Forgive but I don't understand why it is ok for WO-S and these other schools from 21-3A to talk up their teams or boast about a victory.  When Trojan fans do it, it's a travesty.  I hope we do meet up with the Mustangs.  Mem had a great post about the game and I agree with it whole heartily.  We got a tough road to get back to Dallas and their are gonna be some close calls along the way, but we gotta have faith and work at it.  Bridge City is a fine football team and did a great job of giving us all we wanted. 

Captredass, what happened to your boys, they finally met up with some real men.  You shut up, I did go to get on the Coldspring bus to state but it wasn't there, went to the window and homeboy said it didn't exist.  Go figure.  The reason some yalls stuff didn't work wasn't because yall had an off night I promise you.

Sorry we are using a Trainnnnn this year. No buses, budget cut! It was a good game but after watching the film again we had missed blocks but the running backs were missing the holes mostly. The pass was there, up the middle but not in the flats. Coaches can't see everything. BC your a good team and your coach had them ready. Very Discipline and motivated. I think our kids learned a lesson, if not we will be doing layups in a week.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1116495" timestamp="1321169073"]
Great Game!!!
Bridge City played a great game.  Coldspring played a great game.
Excellent defense on both sides.  As a Coldspring fan, I have to admit that some of our district is not the toughest opponent, and our offensive stats get padded with the weaker teams.  A lot of the 50 plus points average wasn't because of the "unstoppable" offense.  We have a good offensive team and several very fast players and some big stout boys blocking for them.  All it takes is one mistake and they can bust a long run.  [b]Welcome to High School football.[/b]  That is true of many teams.  When you are dealing with High School kids, they make mistakes and sooner or later someone is going to bust loose.  Without a doubt, our strength this year has been the defense.  They have outscored most of our opponents this year without the offense.  I know this was against a bunch of teams that wouldn't be allowed to play in 21-3A because they are not worthy.  I don't know that we will win state this year, or even make it out of next week with a win.  But I am very proud of our team, and as a Coldspring fan think they have just as good of a chance to win as anyone else.  Since we is all dumb here in Coldspring and don't know no better.  i mightt goe too da gam next weekk and chear for dem anywho.  Sorry I got my masters degree from a college in Beaumont and sometimes can't remember how to spell the big words.  Offense wins games, defense wins championships.  Good game Bridge City, Good luck next year.  Hope to see some of the rest of you in the weeks to come.  At the very least, I hope our crap offense doesn't score too many points on your superior defense if or when we play you. 
P.S. Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are real.  If you don't believe, you don't receive.
[/quote]

Thank you for welcoming all of us! We are new to this "high school football" thing. I don't think anyone said you had a "crap" offense. It just was pretty par-for-the-course for a playoff team. The defense was impressive, though. It just turned out like most of us thought - CS finally meets a quality opponent and finds themselves in a dogfight... like I believe they will this week.
P.S. - I am very impressed that someone on this board earned a master's degree! You must be the only one!

[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=91405.msg1116536#msg1116536 date=1321187289]
Forgive but I don't understand why it is ok for WO-S and these other schools from 21-3A to talk up their teams or boast about a victory.  When Trojan fans do it, it's a travesty.  I hope we do meet up with the Mustangs.  Mem had a great post about the game and I agree with it whole heartily.  We got a tough road to get back to Dallas and their are gonna be some close calls along the way, but we gotta have faith and work at it.  Bridge City is a fine football team and did a great job of giving us all we wanted.
[/quote]

I don't know that any of us said that it would be out of hand with the backups in by halftime, nor are ANY of us looking into booking rooms in Dallas. I won't be surprised if we get beat in any round, including this week. We've been very up and down. Obviously Coldspring is a quality team, but they are as beatable as anyone else in the bracket, as last night proved. I think people on this board get annoyed when a team has sudden success (i.e. Lumberton a few years ago) and suddenly floods the place with brash posts. The fact of the matter is that real respect is earned over time - years, not games. Just about every team out there has had a three or four-year glory streak, only to return to normalcy once the dominant class of kids graduates or the coach moves on to a more prominent school. There are a bunch of teams here who have established truly long-lasting periods of success and have more than their fair share of 10-0 seasons. I can only speak for WO-S because I follow them, but I know we have around 10 of them the last 30 years. We've only won state twice during that stretch in four attempts. It's wonderful for your kids and your community that you are winning now. Just be understanding when several fans go over the top with the trash talk, there's going to be some ridicule when they don't measure up to the hype.

[quote name="captredass" post="1116555" timestamp="1321190897"]
Sorry we are using a Trainnnnn this year. No buses, budget cut! It was a good game but after watching the film again we had missed blocks but the running backs were missing the holes mostly. The pass was there, up the middle but not in the flats. Coaches can't see everything. BC your a good team and your coach had them ready. Very Discipline and motivated. I think our kids learned a lesson, if not we will be doing layups in a week.
[/quote]

That was a reference to Lumberton, who had "new success" for a couple years three or four years ago. They were the L-TRAIN. You would remember if you had been here. The board had much the same reaction to them. They are sort of back at the bottom now.

WOW, must have been one heck of a game!!! I was not at the game nor did I read 27 pages on this thread, but BC you had to of played your hearts out. Coldsprings is a very known team this year and you gave them all they wanted. This will be a game that those kids will remember for the rest of their lives. Seniors good luck to you because your lives are about to change, the rest keep this memory, effort and come back next year and get it done. Good luck to Coldsprings in the rest of their playoffs!!!

The score says it all, but to insinuate CS was dominated ???

Team Stats
  Bridge City  Coldspring-Oakhurst
Total yards  128  304
First downs  7  12
Rushes/Yds  25/76  50/277
Average rush  3.04  5.54
Comp/Atts  6/15/3  3/7/0
Pass yards  52  27
Comp pct  40  42.86
Punts  4  5
Punting Yards  166  122
Punting Average  41.5  24.4
Fumbles/Lost  1/1  2/0
Penalties-yards  2-30  7-55

[quote name="Trigger" post="1117041" timestamp="1321219329"]
[quote author=WOS92 link=topic=91405.msg1117023#msg1117023 date=1321218469]
[b][size=24pt][color=red]The one stat that counts shows that neither team was dominated[/color][/size][/b].
[/quote]

[size=14pt]You FAIL, they lost...Get over it!!!!  [/size]
[/quote]

I believe he was agreeing with you. Not sure what fail is but okee dokee.

Coldspring hasn't won a state championship but they have been twice (including last year) as well as had several other good runs at it in the past....

So unless Lumberton has been to the big game at least twice and/or won a state title the comparison wouldn't seem to be a good one..

[quote name="WOS92" post="1117023" timestamp="1321218469"]
[size=14pt][b]The one stat that counts shows that neither team was dominated[/b].[/size][/quote]

[quote author=WOS92 link=topic=91405.msg1117147#msg1117147 date=1321226754]
Yeah. The fact that it was a 7-0 game shows that neither team "dominated." I was agreeing with you.

YOU FAIL AT CALLING FAIL!
[/quote]

No, I only fail to see how anybody would assume what the **** you were implying by that comment ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder