COLDSPRING-OAKHURST VS. BRIDGE CITY BROADCAST/COLDSPRING WINS 7-0!

WOSgrad

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing that anyone would want to run down a team that beat them. Doing this is just degrading your team that lost to them. Remarks such as the “weak opponents” that Coldspring played doesn’t speak very well for Bridge City. Those “weak opponents” averaged scoring 9.7 points per game against Coldspring. Bidge City didn't score any points, does this mean that Bridge City is not as good as those “weak opponents”?  Coldspring only gave up 70 rushing yards per game to those “weak opponents”. Bridge City had 76, is Bridge City only 6 yards better than those “weak opponents”? We all know the answers to those comparisons.

I had posted in an earlier prediction when comparing like games the two had played, and I quote what I posted “these scores reflect a fairly even contest with the edge going to Coldspring on defense”. Turned out to be a true statement! There is no need to get offended by these remarks, it was what I think, nothing more, nothing less. I was very impressed with the Bridge City team, not only their team but the game plan that their coach Cris Stump implemented to halt a vigorous rushing offense, take you hats off to him rather than criticize him, he did a heck of job.

Both teams played remarkable hard, in my opinion the best team advanced. That does not mean Bridge City is a bad team, they have an excellent team. Will they win state? If any of us knew for sure, we would not be wasting our time posting on this board, Vegas calls. Congratulations to both Bridge City and Coldspring, these are the games like this one that make Friday nights in Texas the envy of everyone in these United States

P.S. Not one team member or coach of Coldspring has ever posted on this board. I doubt if they ever will either.

Team Stats
  Bridge City  Coldspring-Oakhurst
Total yards  128  [b]304[/b]First downs  7  12
Rushes/Yds  25/76  [b]50/277[/b]
Average rush  3.04  [b]5.54[/b]
Comp/Atts  6/15/3  3/7/0
Pass yards  [b]52[/b]  27
Comp pct  40  42.86
Punts  4  5
Punting Yards  166  122
Punting Average  41.5  24.4
Fumbles/Lost  1/1  2/0
Penalties-yards  2-30  [b]7-55[/b]

[quote name="jnunn" post="1117273" timestamp="1321235605"]
It is amazing that anyone would want to run down a team that beat them. Doing this is just degrading your team that lost to them. Remarks such as the “weak opponents” that Coldspring played doesn’t speak very well for Bridge City. Those “weak opponents” averaged scoring 9.7 points per game against Coldspring. Bidge City didn't score any points, does this mean that Bridge City is not as good as those “weak opponents”?  Coldspring only gave up 70 rushing yards per game to those “weak opponents”. Bridge City had 76, is Bridge City only 6 yards better than those “weak opponents”? We all know the answers to those comparisons.

I had posted in an earlier prediction when comparing like games the two had played, and I quote what I posted “these scores reflect a fairly even contest with the edge going to Coldspring on defense”. Turned out to be a true statement! There is no need to get offended by these remarks, it was what I think, nothing more, nothing less. I was very impressed with the Bridge City team, not only their team but the game plan that their coach Cris Stump implemented to halt a vigorous rushing offense, take you hats off to him rather than criticize him, he did a heck of job.

Both teams played remarkable hard, in my opinion the best team advanced. That does not mean Bridge City is a bad team, they have an excellent team. Will they win state? If any of us knew for sure, we would not be wasting our time posting on this board, Vegas calls. Congratulations to both Bridge City and Coldspring, these are the games like this one that make Friday nights in Texas the envy of everyone in these United States

P.S. Not one team member or coach of Coldspring has ever posted on this board. I doubt if they ever will either.

Team Stats
  Bridge City  Coldspring-Oakhurst
Total yards  128  [b]304[/b]First downs  7  12
Rushes/Yds  25/76  [b]50/277[/b]
Average rush  3.04  [b]5.54[/b]
Comp/Atts  6/15/3  3/7/0
Pass yards  [b]52[/b]  27
Comp pct  40  42.86
Punts  4  5
Punting Yards  166  122
Punting Average  41.5  24.4
Fumbles/Lost  1/1  2/0
Penalties-yards  2-30  [b]7-55[/b]
[/quote]

Very nice! 

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1115806" timestamp="1321149826"]
Sry but CS will not get to Arlington this yr.
[/quote]

Are you saying BC was a horrible team?  Jeezus.  I hope CS doesn't realize just how bad BC was. 

I've been gone for over a week but this is a very disappointing thread for SETX.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder