Shannon Evans of Barbers Hill Commits

Buddy09

I have had the pleasure of knowing and watching this young lady since she was eight years old.  Since she was about 12 we all knew this day would come in which ever sport she chose and her heart took her to basketball.

This weekend Shannon committed to Faulkner University in Montgomery Alabama.  What a great way to come back from a torn ACL her sophmore year.

Congratulations to Shannon and Evans family.

Congratulation Shannon!

It's been a treat watching you from a distance.  Your talent, determination, and character have been obvious to all those who have had a chance to see you.  Good luck at Faulkner.

What kind of gas milage does your dad's car get?  ;)

[quote name="Slam14" post="1092941" timestamp="1319478443"]

[/quote]

Not so great, may have to trade the F-150 in on a Prius :)....thanks, T.  Got some games against Loyola and Xavier in Nawlins, so at least we will eat good!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1093365" timestamp="1319503790"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=90359.msg1092941#msg1092941 date=1319478443]

[/quote]

Not so great, may have to trade the F-150 in on a Prius :)....thanks, T.  Got some games against Loyola and Xavier in Nawlins, so at least we will eat good!
[/quote]

Yep...all of the sudden a Prius looks SO much better than that F-150!  :D  Then again, I'm sure you'd buy a good pair of running shoes and make it that way if you had too. 

Sometimes kids get signed off shear talent alone and a coach has thoughts of "molding" or "polishing" that player by trying to add all the intangibles.  Shannon seems "shiney" in all aspects going in.  A terribly easy decision for Faulkner.

Hope to catch her in action a few times this season.

Much respect to the Evans family.  :)

[quote name="whattheheck" post="1096543" timestamp="1319769243"]
Congrats Shannon I hope you do as well there as you did against me.. :)
Have a great year.

Coach W
[/quote]
Except for that oonnne game that did not go so well for her!  Thanks Coach and hope you are enjoying "retirement"! WE are glad you are LOL

Thanks Hill but I am woking harder in RETIREMENT than I did as a head coach. Was the head football coach and now I am coaching both boys and girls in basketball. But I am having a BLAST!!! See you during the season. PS....I remember that game but I NEVER want to see a kid get hurt, I am glad she is back

Congrats to the Evans family.  Getting recruited is a chore if you are doing it right by looking at all options and knocking on all the doors of prospective schools.  Love Alabama (they really support their athletes) and Montgomery has some good people in it... (lived there 30+ years ago).  Good luck and have four great years!

[quote name="bh146" post="1112187" timestamp="1320987020"]
Congrats to Shannon on the scholarship. I enjoyed watching Shannon play the past 3 years.  Maybe if I can pull myself off the golf course, I'll catch one or two this year.
[/quote]
Hope you can do that, Doc.  They are looking good.  Sure miss your years of support, but I understand...you deserve all the golf you can get!  Thanks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder