poll: just curious

Have you been to a Lamar game , or even the campus, lately?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been to a Lamar game , or even the campus, lately?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never been

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1092598" timestamp="1319431976"]
I am a season ticket holder in football and basketball. See the campus quite regularly.
[/quote]as am i

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="1093766" timestamp="1319555383"]
Have been to all but one of the home football games.  I made it to a basketball game last year and a handful of baseball games as well.  It's a good thing to take the oldest boy - who is 5 - to.  Plus we both enjoy the drive over from Humble.
[/quote]I bet you guys take the back way thru Dayton 290. Nice scenic drive and a lot of history in that area.

Season ticket holder to football games.  Been to every home game since it was restarted.  Either watched or listened to every road game.

Used to be season ticket holder for men's basketball...from 1993 until I couldn't take it anymore sometime during the Mike Deane era.

Used to camp out in college for men's basketball tickets to get the best student seats where we could torment the opposing team.

Attended LU beating Baylor and many other games.  Remember the SHSU "rose bowl" game..but I can't recall the details of how that all came about.

I even remember when we used to have a band that wore real band uniforms and not swamp people overalls.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="1093816" timestamp="1319558064"]
Season ticket holder to football games.  Been to every home game since it was restarted.  Either watched or listened to every road game.

Used to be season ticket holder for men's basketball...from 1993 until I couldn't take it anymore sometime during the Mike Deane era.

Used to camp out in college for men's basketball tickets to get the best student seats where we could torment the opposing team.

Attended LU beating Baylor and many other games.  [b]Remember the SHSU "rose bowl" game..but I can't recall the details of how that all came about.[/b]I even remember when we used to have a band that wore real band uniforms and not swamp people overalls.
[/quote]

In 1988 there had been huge fight between the two teams. Dubbed "The War of Roses," the story of how the fight broke out varies.

One account is that after Sam Houston beat Lamar the two coaches walked up to shake hands, someone dropped a bouquet of black roses between the two and, before anyone knew it, the two coaches squared off after a miscommunication about it.

The other story was that either someone from the student body of Lamar sent dead black roses to coach Bob Riley of Sam Houston or someone from Sam Houston sent the dead roses to coach Ray Alborn at Lamar.

After the game one of them shoved them in the other coaches face. Either way, the result was the same. After seeing that, the players squared off and a brawl broke out.

well its about tally time

20% of the polled---havent even been to LU lately
come here to
-bash LU?
-have an axe to grind?

well, for those 20%..things at LU have never been better, IMHO....football facilities are great,bball facilities are great, vbeck is nice,..campus is looking good..Cardinal villages, most excellent

[size=12pt]I too have been on the Campus a few times, especially since footballs return. 

I think I have related this story before, but not sure here.  I have parked at the McDonald Gym lot and on my walk to the stadium I was admiring the change.  I commented to someone near that it had been nearly 40 yrs since being on the campus, at least that older part.  Someone else came up from behind heard me and said we have a beautiful campus and when we walking together I pointed out the Montagne Center he was astonished and was impressed with the Stadium too.  He lived in Houston, but went to South Alabama. Crossing over to the tailgating areas he was totally blown away, totally impressed with what was going on. He went on to will call and to meet up with friends.
If you have not been on campus in a while, you should.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lama/genrel/auto_pdf/2010-11/misc_non_event/2011-campus-map.pdf [/size]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder