PNG. VS Vidor

Guest KHS 89

Who takes it  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it

• PNG
    • Vidor

[quote name="Doggy Fresh" post="1090997" timestamp="1319304060"]
I have to go with PN-G on this one... I think the difference in the game is each team's offensive scheme. The Indians are capable of moving the ball in the air and on the ground rather effectively. Vidor, depends on a predominant ground game and although they have had a little success in mixing in a [size=14pt][b]pass[/b][/size] here and there, [b][size=14pt]they have not had to depend on it a lot[/size][/b].  If the Indians are able to hold Vidor defensively and get ahead by a couple of TD's, then the clock becomes Vidor's biggest enemy.
[/quote]

8)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="badndn" post="1090967" timestamp="1319301197"]
I keep reading all these posts about Vidors defense and how it will be the difference in the game and maybe it will be, but for some reason people are failing to realize that the PNG D has been pretty darn good as of late. As a matter of fact against like opponents PNG has given up fewer points than Vidor.

Vidor                  PNG
Nederland      19-[b]22[/b]              21-[b]24[/b]                +2
Lumberton*    30-[b]26[/b]              57-[b]10[/b]                -16
Ozen*          21-[b]14[/b]              34-[b]7[/b]                  -7
LCM              36-[b]14[/b]              35-[b]7[/b]                  -7

Vidor has given up 28 more points in those games. So much for that ball control theory. Looks to me like ball control has just made some of their games a lot closer than they should be. Just my opinion using facts.
[/quote]

your little chart don't mean a thing, I would like to be at this game, good luck to both teams

So dog fan your telling me that stats and fact dont mean anything ??????? Why is this such a big deal if vidor wins they will be in thrid place right and png in fourth right......So what is the big deal
Indians win by several touchdowns cant upset our homecoming

This message is brought to you buy a classless purple sunglass wearing 15000 purple shirt owning grape kool aid sippin cherokee sining non knealing runnning up the score Indian fan

The best games out there in my opinion is a good ole fashioned Vidor Pirate/PNG Indians game.  Both have great support and go back and fourth with one another.  Is there any need to be nasty?  The two schools are not alike but that doesn't mean that they don't have class.  Both schools are class acts.  Although for this one I will stick with GO PIRATES!

No matter what is said here, I hate playing Vidor. They control the ball very well and play good hard nose football. Turn overs are key. We have to minimize ours and maximize theirs. Defense has to show up at this game for us or we'll have a long night (or short night because running the ball keeps the clock going). Vidors offensive scheme is tough. I think it plays to our defensive weaknesses. With that said, if our line can keep the pressure off Miller I don't think moving the ball will be difficult. We just have to get Vidor in 3rd long situations to drive them away from their strength. And I am not saying Vidor can't pas, but I would rather have them trying to pass than to just wear us out on defense.

If Ozen loses tonight...This game means nothing to Vidor other than bragging rights for the 2 schools.We have alot of key players that play both ways and a few are a little nicked up. It would not surprise me to see a couple sit are play Offense or defense only.Jmo. If both teams go after the win I think we see a very good football game.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
If Vidor goes for the win and bragging rights and plays there starters all night then this will be a tough fought game. I believe the Vidor defense can hold any offense in the district. I guess we will see if thats true next week. Good luck PNG.

Vidor - 31
PNG - 14

I love how some people are already planting the seed as in "[b]IF[/b] Vidor goes for the win and plays their starters"... HAHAHA!

Good luck to both teams and may we [u]Both[/u] come away from this game injury free.

PN-G    28
Vidor    14

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1091124" timestamp="1319313440"]
I love how some people are already planting the seed as in "[b]IF[/b] Vidor goes for the win and plays their starters"... HAHAHA!

Good luck to both teams and may we [u]Both[/u] come away from this game injury free.

PN-G    28
Vidor    14
[/quote][b]If[/b] we don't play them both ways in this game and [b]If[/b] we lose..You will not see me on here saying that [b]If [/b] we would have played them both ways we would have won. IMO [b]If[/b] we already have a playoff spot secured I would not do it.It doubles the chances of one of your key players getting hurt.Is that enough[b] Ifs [/b] for you? ;D

[quote name="Dogfan311" post="1091052" timestamp="1319309014"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90240.msg1090967#msg1090967 date=1319301197]
I keep reading all these posts about Vidors defense and how it will be the difference in the game and maybe it will be, but for some reason people are failing to realize that the PNG D has been pretty darn good as of late. As a matter of fact against like opponents PNG has given up fewer points than Vidor.

Vidor                  PNG
Nederland      19-[b]22[/b]              21-[b]24[/b]                +2
Lumberton*    30-[b]26[/b]              57-[b]10[/b]                -16
Ozen*          21-[b]14[/b]              34-[b]7[/b]                  -7
LCM              36-[b]14[/b]              35-[b]7[/b]                  -7

Vidor has given up 28 more points in those games. So much for that ball control theory. Looks to me like ball control has just made some of their games a lot closer than they should be. Just my opinion using facts.
[/quote]

your little chart don't mean a thing, I would like to be at this game, good luck to both teams
[/quote]

Because it's high school football and anything can happen, I've seen both teams play and I think they are about the same in talent, not knocking your chart but it was a waste of time

My Bulldogs have played both of you..Vidor has the more potent defense and PNG the more potent offense. PNG will need their best defensive effort of the year come Friday night to win. probably will be pretty high scoring...38-35...probably PNG.  A word to 2 cents about his defense can shut down anyone in our district.....well you're already wrong cause you did'nt stop us, and our offense is just now getting it together.

The chart was only to proove the point that the PNG deffense has been pretty good against the same like opponents as Vidor. Not that this is the reason one team will win over the other. Point being Vidors deffense we keep reading about, but no one has pointed out that our D has been pretty salty the last few weeks.

[quote name="aries456" post="1091281" timestamp="1319325952"]
As a Vidor fan... Why in the heck would we want to rest our starters? This is football, not gymnastics. You have a chance to finish out in 2nd place, and play an easier team in the first round.
[/quote]

We are pretty much set as the 2nd in d1, unless some how Ned lost their remaining 2 games (which I don't see happening). That said I wouldn't think they would change what we have been doing this far, unless it's giving Bolinger another week to recover.

[quote name="invictus" post="1091017" timestamp="1319306375"]
Vidor allows non-starters to play when the game is in hand and does not run up the score.  The score of the game is not an accurate indicator of defensive ability.
[/quote]
So of the games I mentioned, which ones were Vidor second teamers responsible for giving up all the points on defense?

Nederland game...Dont think so!
Lumberton game of course...Wait did Vidor pull their starters in a 30-26 ball game.NO
Ozen...So those were second teamers in there when Ozen scored there 14 points. Wasn't that a 14-14 game until the last play of the game?
LCM scored one TD in the 4th and Smallwood scored in the 4th for Vidor. When did he become a second teamer?

Come on man. This BS you keep spewing about Vidor playing backups late in Blowouts and the insinuations that PNG doesn't is ridiculus. Actually in all three district wins (Lumberton, Ozen, and LCM) PNG played backups when the game was in hand. Against Lumberton every PNG varsity football player played. Last night our backups drove down the field and took a knee inside the ten with 1:30 left.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="badndn" post="1091290" timestamp="1319326841"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90240.msg1091017#msg1091017 date=1319306375]
Vidor allows non-starters to play when the game is in hand and does not run up the score.  The score of the game is not an accurate indicator of defensive ability.
[/quote]
So of the games I mentioned, which ones were Vidor second teamers responsible for giving up all the points on defense?

Nederland game...Dont think so!
Lumberton game of course...Wait did Vidor pull their starters in a 30-26 ball game.NO
Ozen...So those were second teamers in there when Ozen scored there 14 points. Wasn't that a 14-14 game until the last play of the game?
LCM scored one TD in the 4th and Smallwood scored in the 4th for Vidor. When did he become a second teamer?

Come on man. This BS you keep spewing about Vidor playing backups late in Blowouts and the insinuations that PNG doesn't is ridiculus. Actually in all three district wins (Lumberton, Ozen, and LCM) PNG played backups when the game was in hand. Against Lumberton every PNG varsity football player played. Last night our backups drove down the field and took a knee inside the ten with 1:30 left.
[/quote]
Was you at those games? No you were not. So you do now know what you are talking about? The entire reason that lumberton came back on us is the fourth was cuz we were playing our back ups and yes on Ozen we did keep them in but LCM using that bs about smallwood scoring late in the 4th quarter? There was 11:25 left in the game when he scored? How is that late in the fourth? After that score we did put in our back ups. Check your facts before you run your mouth.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder