1. 1. Who takes it

• PNG
    • Vidor

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pirate68" post="1091110" timestamp="1319312242"]
If Ozen loses tonight...This game means nothing to Vidor other than bragging rights for the 2 schools.We have alot of key players that play both ways and a few are a little nicked up. It would not surprise me to see a couple sit are play Offense or defense only.Jmo. If both teams go after the win I think we see a very good football game.
[/quote]
Well. Looks like the PN-G, Vidor game just got more meaningful. I have to say that this is going to be an interesting matchup and for the Indians to pull this off they really need to keep Vidor's ball control O off the field. This will be a classic Texas High School Friday night matchup. The Rez is going to be rocking on both sides. Lets all pray (or is this going to start more controversy) for a hard fought INJURY FREE game. Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1090902" timestamp="1319297850"]
Invictus, if i were a moderator, i'd kick you out of here. You're bitterness is very evident and your negative comments stink up these boards. Go find a circle of friends to complain to and agree with. Your opinion is valued to some extent and we respect that you have one, but your comments are ridiculous and you are acting like the very people you think you are calling out.
[/quote]

I am a moderator, both of you knock it off.  Everyone stay on topic and keep the personal stuff to yourself.

[quote name="badndn" post="1091416" timestamp="1319333112"]
Seriously, do you deny that Devonte Mays would not have made a difference against Nederland. Not saying that Nederland loses if Mays plays, just saying it would have been a different game. I have friends with kids playing for Nederland that agree. Mays wears you down. I still think Nederland beats Livingston, but I think it is a close game with Mays. To deny that is to show your Football ignorance and I don't think you are football ignorant.

Also if we use your reasoning above, PNG will destroy Vidor Friday night because we blew out Ozen and Lumberton. You and I both know that wont be hapening. Nederland was better than PNG that night. Not by much. Just like they were better than Vidor that night they played your guys, but not by much.
[/quote]

One of the problems with all of us fans is that when we compare games we always assume that everything stays the same. If we would have done this or if that player would have done that then we would have won. In reality we don't have a clue because we assume the other team plays exactly the same. When we played Livingston we threw a curve at them on defense, and they called two time outs in the first drive because they couldn't figure out our defense and they didn't have an answer all night long. We came out in a 5 - 2 defense and they had never seen it before, so saying what the "Bull" would have done is purely theoretical because no one up till that point had played against that defense!

Back on topic, PNG takes this one I don't know the score but I predict that Cherokee gets played in excess of 100 times.

Regardless of the score predictions, everybody knows this is going to be a GREAT game... 2 teams with something to fight for, and 2 teams that have good seasons going so far. I hope Vidor wins, but as a football fan, I'm looking forward to watching 2 great SETX teams go at it! Vidor and PNG always play each other tough, and it's always a hard-fought game. With that being said...

Vidor by 4

GO Pirates!

[quote name="invictus" post="1090808" timestamp="1319293760"]
You can't really judge Vidor's defense by the other team's points, especially when they go up by a lot early.  You'll notice Central's scores came at the end of the game.  Mathew's isn't the type of guy to run up the score, he lets everyone play.  Class.  Something PNG wouldn't know anything about.
[/quote]
When HAS Vidor ever been able to run up the score on anybody?

[quote name="PNGBB" post="1092637" timestamp="1319458698"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90240.msg1090808#msg1090808 date=1319293760]
You can't really judge Vidor's defense by the other team's points, especially when they go up by a lot early.  You'll notice Central's scores came at the end of the game.  Mathew's isn't the type of guy to run up the score, he lets everyone play.  Class.  Something PNG wouldn't know anything about.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good question?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1093022" timestamp="1319483494"]
[quote author=PNGBB link=topic=90240.msg1092637#msg1092637 date=1319458698]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90240.msg1090808#msg1090808 date=1319293760]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good question?
[/quote]
See your looking at it the wrong way. Its not the fact that Vidor can't run the score up on anyone. Its the fact that we choose not to. Jeff Mathews is the type of coach to let all his players play and give everyone who wants the chance to try a certain position try it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics