PNG. VS Vidor

Guest KHS 89

Who takes it  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it

• PNG
    • Vidor

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093033" timestamp="1319484143"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90240.msg1093022#msg1093022 date=1319483494]
[quote author=PNGBB link=topic=90240.msg1092637#msg1092637 date=1319458698]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=90240.msg1090808#msg1090808 date=1319293760]
You can't really judge Vidor's defense by the other team's points, especially when they go up by a lot early.  You'll notice Central's scores came at the end of the game.  Mathew's isn't the type of guy to run up the score, he lets everyone play.  Class.  Something PNG wouldn't know anything about.
[/quote]
When HAS Vidor ever been able to run up the score on anybody?
[/quote] 

Good question?
[/quote]
See your looking at it the wrong way. Its not the fact that Vidor can't run the score up on anyone. Its the fact that we choose not to. Jeff Mathews is the type of coach to let all his players play and give everyone who wants the chance to try a certain position try it.
[/quote]

k

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vidor had big leads on LCM and Central and let them score at the end of the game both times. I wasn't at the game, so they may have pulled starters and got scored on. It really doesn't matter. Margin of victory really doesn't matter, the way PNG and Vidor match up against each other and their execution does. Insulting each other leading up to the game means nothing. I am sure the coaches of both teams and the players respect each other and understand how important this game is. I think the offenses of both teams match up well against the defenses. I think Vidor will have success running on our defense and our offense will be able to throw on Vidor's defense. It will come down to turnovers and key penalties, in my opinion. Both teams are playing well, so this should be worth the price of admission. I don't like predicting scores, because of the jinx factor, ;D so I will not make a prediction. One thing is for sure, I will be pulling for Nederland this week. For PNG the easiest scenario is to win out, but having the head to head over Ozen already, them losing can only be a good thing.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093033" timestamp="1319484143"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90240.msg1093022#msg1093022 date=1319483494]
You can't really judge Vidor's defense by the other team's points, especially when they go up by a lot early.  You'll notice Central's scores came at the end of the game.  Mathew's isn't the type of guy to run up the score, he lets everyone play.  Class.  Something PNG wouldn't know anything about.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good question?
[/quote]
See your looking at it the wrong way. Its not the fact that Vidor can't run the score up on anyone. Its the fact that we choose not to. Jeff Mathews is the type of coach to let all his players play and give everyone who wants the chance to try a certain position try it.
[/quote]COME ON ! REALLY ! So He puts his bench in so teams can catch up and almost beat Vidor? Because at what time in District has Vidor been smoking someone and done this? Sorry man have to call you out on this one!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="surfer73" post="1093135" timestamp="1319489128"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90240.msg1093033#msg1093033 date=1319484143]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Good question?
[/quote]
[/quote]COME ON ! REALLY ! So He puts his bench in so teams can catch up and almost beat Vidor? Because at what time in District has Vidor been smoking someone and done this? Sorry man have to call you out on this one!
[/quote]
Call me out on what? Do you even check stats man? I mean seriously. Look at the Vidor LCM game. They were destroying LCM 36 to 7 and we put in literally 3rd string defense and they scored again. Yes he one time he put his second team and they almost caught up. What other game do you see where a team almost caught up in the 2cd half besides Lumberton?

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1093131" timestamp="1319489011"]
Vidor had big leads on LCM and Central and let them score at the end of the game both times. I wasn't at the game, so they may have pulled starters and got scored on. It really doesn't matter. Margin of victory really doesn't matter, the way PNG and Vidor match up against each other and their execution does. Insulting each other leading up to the game means nothing. I am sure the coaches of both teams and the players respect each other and understand how important this game is. I think the offenses of both teams match up well against the defenses. I think Vidor will have success running on our defense and our offense will be able to throw on Vidor's defense. It will come down to turnovers and key penalties, in my opinion. Both teams are playing well, so this should be worth the price of admission. I don't like predicting scores, because of the jinx factor, ;D so I will not make a prediction. One thing is for sure, I will be pulling for Nederland this week. For PNG the easiest scenario is to win out, but having the head to head over Ozen already, them losing can only be a good thing.
[/quote]

One of the more sensible posts made by an Indian Fan in this thread.

[quote name="Piratefan23" post="1093163" timestamp="1319490109"]
[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90240.msg1093131#msg1093131 date=1319489011]
[/quote]

[/quote]But that takes all the fun out of it.....

[quote author=ndnsrock44 link=topic=90240.msg1093131#msg1093131 date=1319489011]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This could be a new thread on its own entitled..."Indian Fan makes sensible post".  ;)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I know this is totally random and off topic but you gotta love how 75% of the people on here had Vidor finishing next to last down there with Lumberton and look at where were at.  8)

Now c'mon PNG haters... when is the last time PNG has been held to 17, 18 points???  I've gone back and checked the stats, and it hasn't happened since Faircloth has been here.  Do you guys REALLY think that Vidor's going to be the first? Someone's been using those really long Q-Tips again!

[/quote]

[/quote]
ndnsrock44 is generally the only ndn that speaks the truth, the rest are blinded by the purple light. If the ndn faithful think this your run of the mill Vidor team they are in for a surprise, this should be a very good game, and don't discount Vidor's pass defense, they are good.

[quote name="football04" post="1093517" timestamp="1319512992"]
[quote author=Piratefan23 link=topic=90240.msg1093163#msg1093163 date=1319490109]
[/quote]

[/quote]
ndnsrock44 is generally the only ndn that speaks the truth, the rest are blinded by the purple light. If the ndn faithful think this your run of the mill Vidor team they are in for a surprise, [b]this should be a very good game, and don't discount Vidor's pass defense, they are good.[/b][/quote]
:)

[quote name="football04" post="1093517" timestamp="1319512992"]
[quote author=Piratefan23 link=topic=90240.msg1093163#msg1093163 date=1319490109]
[/quote]

[/quote]
ndnsrock44 is generally the only ndn that speaks the truth, the rest are blinded by the purple light. If the ndn faithful think this your run of the mill Vidor team they are in for a surprise, this should be a very good game, and don't discount Vidor's pass defense, they are good.
[/quote]

Good posting from all ends

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093513" timestamp="1319512753"]
I know this is totally random and off topic but you gotta love how 75% of the people on here had Vidor finishing next to last down there with Lumberton and look at where were at.  8)
[/quote]

Pretty wild huh, I honestly didnt know too much about Vidor before this season other than some buzz about Montana Q.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Lions#80" post="1093716" timestamp="1319551503"]
[quote author=plaball89 link=topic=90240.msg1090510#msg1090510 date=1319257955]
PNG by 14 maybe 10. Vidor loses the next 2 to be the 4th seed. 28-14
[/quote] I don't see Vidor losing the next 2 games, they could possibly win both games for sure.
[/quote]
So any word on if yall do make the playoffs will devonte mays be back at all this season?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1093896" timestamp="1319562158"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=90240.msg1093716#msg1093716 date=1319551503]
[/quote] I don't see Vidor losing the next 2 games, they could possibly win both games for sure.
[/quote]
So any word on if yall do make the playoffs will devonte mays be back at all this season?
[/quote] Even [color=limegreen][b]when [/b] [/color] the Lions make the playoffs Mays will still be out  ...but png beats Vidor.

football04....I think a lot of Indian fans are looking at margin of victory against common teams and our past success  against Vidor. Most PNG fans have not seen Vidor play. A guy at work has a kid on the Vidor team, so I have seen Vidor 3 times and all of PNG games except for Livingston.(I was on vacation and when I renewed my season tickets, they were gone  :'() I saw Vidor beat BC on a Saturday night and they dominated BC.  The score was not indicative of the game. I saw Vidor play Nederland(see above note about tickets). Without boring you with details, Vidor was a few plays from beating them and lost Bollinger for the game early and Quirante got hurt after making a run to Ned's 5 and Vidor settled for a FG. The  third game was Vidor vs Ozen. That game was a knock down, drag out fight and Vidor gutted it out to get the win at the end. The Ozen team that showed up at the Reservation the following week did not play the way they did against Vidor They killed themselves with penalties, turnovers, bad snaps, etc. I still think PNG would have won if Ozen had brought their A game, but it would have been closer. So.....from what I have seen these are two evenly matched teams that play hard, smart and with  lot of heart.  Fans from either team that think this will be a blowout will be surprised to see how close these teams are to each other, even though their offenseive styles are so different. The reason I think we will be able to throw the ball is because we have thrown it so well this year and the size advantage our receivers have against Vidor's DB's. The one thing that concerns me is that we have not been able to pull out  the close games at the end(Crosby,Liv,Ned) and Vidor has(Texarkana,Lum,Ozen). Before PNG fans get mad at me, I am not saying we will lose, I am just saying that this will be a tough game and not to underestimate them. Thankfully, I am sure our coaches and players will not and will prepare accordingly. That is one of the things that has impressed me about Faircloth...he seems to get this team ready every week and we never seem to come out flat. The games he has lost have all been close and not a product of underestimating his opponent or having his boys lay an egg.

[quote name="Squaw1" post="1093121" timestamp="1319488674"]
[/quote]

Finally, someone with good sense on here! Like us or not, we're gonna win and win big.
[/quote]

You may win, but it ain't gonna be big...this will be a close game...I give Vidor a slight edge

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder